Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:26:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]  (Read 20383 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »

As of two hours ago, he's showing up JUST to present. 
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2006, 08:22:55 PM »

I also just wanted to point out to the nay-sayers who keep bringing up the "terrible" performance in '02 as a reason they will never perform again: it was the highest-rated live performance in MTV history. MTV doesn't give two shits about what critics say if a performance is raking in high numbers. In this case MTV would have to be crazy NOT to at least ask Axl to perform with his band since he's going to be there. MTV cares about one thing: MTV! And if an artist has been a proven success to the extremes that GN'R has been in the past, they'd take all this WELL into consideration.

And you can bet your ass Axl would have to be equally stupid to turn them down after the European tour was so succesful, his voice has improved and he's trying to get his name out there again. Have any idea how many young people watch VMAs? Yeah. It totally makes sense for them to do this.

Saying Axl is a presenter may also be a way of quieting down rumors of a VMA performance - "Well, it said he's a presenter, but then why wouldn't they tell us he's performing? He's probably just presenting." Meanwhile this gives them more room to develop this thing and they don't have to fend off rumors that Axl is in the building as they did in '02. (Remember the Pink slip-up?)

What was the Pink slip up in 2002?

I must've missed that.  I went to bed just before GNR hit the stage back in '02.  I heard Jimmy Fallon say stick around for a big surprise and I thought they might ressurect Biggie or something so I threw in the towel.  I was pissed when I found out what I actually missed.  Of course I saw it when they replayed the show ALL weekend long, but it wasn't quite the same.  This time I'll have to glue myself to the TV and stick it out through all the crap.

Pink on the red carpet at the pre show was pissed, as in drunk, she was asked what she was looking forward to and replied with "i just want to see Axl, is Axl here yet?". That was the slip up!

Dizzy has a show the night of the VMAs, if this is indeed part of some big game plan i cant see why he would have scheduled that date, especially when they have all been together on tour and information would have been easily exchanged between members.

Jonx

She also mentioned seeing Buckethead back stage.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2006, 08:23:01 PM »

I honestly don't understand alot of the people on this board sometimes.

MTV announces that Axl Rose is presenting an award, not Guns N' Roses is presenting an award. They also make no mention whatsoever of any sort of performance, simply that he is presenting an award. On top of that, a member of GNR has a show scheduled that night in a whole other city.

So immediately the original thread bursts into flames with everything from "THEYRE GONNA PLAY!" to "AXL IS GOIN TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE DATE!!". Then a whole other thread is started that says "insiders" say GNR is gonna play that night.

After the VMAs air and it comes and goes with Axl doing only what MTV claimed he was going to do in the first place, all these people on here are going to blame Axl as if he's done something wrong.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2006, 08:26:04 PM »

Ok, I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Reunion  Roll Eyes

SHHHH! You dont want to blow the surprise.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
G n F n R
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2006, 08:27:42 PM »

Cool. We shall see.
madagas
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »

Well, Tommy is not with SA that night and Dizzy can easily cancel. However, I don't see it because they have no single to play. Playing another medley or classic is just lame. Undecided I do see an interview or guest appearance where Axl sings with someone.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »

No, Pink didn't mention Axl nor did she see Bucket back stage (as far as I remember). She was being interviewed on the red carpet and the interviewer asked her who she was looking forward to seeing the most and she told him that is was Buckethead. My memory is a little hazy on this but I think that's what happened. Anyway, thanks for the info man whether it turns out to be true or not. I guess we'll find out next Thursday. Regardless it is once again fun to be a GNR fan. Loads of great shows with loads more to come, lots of Axl in public looking happy, a few interviews here and there, a cool new guitarist, and as always, a great fuckin' band. Even if the VMAs is a simple award presention by Axl I'm still looking forward greatly to the next few months and the coming US tour.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2006, 08:35:56 PM »

but still, I'm kinda sick and tired of inside sources which can be non-existent on occasions...  crying

I hope it's true, but I am sceptic, and my brain sais no way... While I want to see it happen, I know it just woN't.

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2006, 08:40:40 PM »

Axl owes it to the fans to announce the release date of cd and perform a new song with new gnr on stage at this year's vma since he has kept the same fans waiting for another vma performance for the last 4 years when he said that ROUND 1 thing which turned out to be what him presenting an award this year? Axl should do more and the fans deserve more than just that on the night of august 31st from axl and new guns n roses at this current vma. thank you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 08:44:51 PM by theillusion » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2006, 08:43:49 PM »

Round One could have been Axl tellin merck to order the first round of beers..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2006, 08:45:52 PM »

You know. THis forum is very disrespected toward members that wanted to help. I told everyone that Guns N' Roses will show up at the VMA 2006 because I saw the commercial of it. Before that, you guys joked on that and think it wouldn't happen. Look who had the last laugh now! I was right! And still you guys still joked on that Guns N' Roses will never perform nor give out the release date.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2006, 08:46:03 PM »

funny but axl owes the fans more for this years' vma based on the vma he did 4 years ago in 2002. he owes the fans more based on that ROUND 1 in 2002 at vma.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2006, 08:46:55 PM »

funny but axl owes the fans more for this years' vma based on the vma he did 4 years ago in 2002. he owes the fans more based on that ROUND 1 in 2002 at vma.

Yeah you keep haning on to that lovely little thought.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »

Axl owes it to the fans to...

Again:

AXL ROSE DOES NOT OWE YOU, ME OR ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH ANYTHING. WE HAVE ALL CHOSEN TO FOLLOW THIS BAND. AXL, NOT ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH FORCED YOU TO.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2006, 08:50:55 PM »

Yeah you keep haning on to that lovely little thought.
it should be more than a thought it should be reality because what was the point of axl saying ROUND 1 in 2002 if all he is going to do 4 years later this year is just present an award? Can you say boring? Axl will have done the wrong thing and something wrong something very wrong if that is all he does this year based on the eddie trunk interview promising the cd in the fall, the europe tour, and the leaks "IRS" "Better" and "There Was A Time" There was a time! Axl should fake present and announce the release date while performing on stage with guns n roses guns n f$cking roses. This is what Axl should do because of the past because of the 2002 mtv vma with gnr.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2006, 08:51:05 PM »

Again:

AXL ROSE DOES NOT OWE YOU, ME OR ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH ANYTHING. WE HAVE ALL CHOSEN TO FOLLOW THIS BAND. AXL, NOT ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH FORCED YOU TO.
you sound smart with the the caps on.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »

I honestly don't understand alot of the people on this board sometimes.

MTV announces that Axl Rose is presenting an award, not Guns N' Roses is presenting an award. They also make no mention whatsoever of any sort of performance, simply that he is presenting an award. On top of that, a member of GNR has a show scheduled that night in a whole other city.

So immediately the original thread bursts into flames with everything from "THEYRE GONNA PLAY!" to "AXL IS GOIN TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE DATE!!". Then a whole other thread is started that says "insiders" say GNR is gonna play that night.

After the VMAs air and it comes and goes with Axl doing only what MTV claimed he was going to do in the first place, all these people on here are going to blame Axl as if he's done something wrong.

I agree that a release date won't be announced and I doubt they'll perform, BUT I wouldn't use Dizzy having a show with Hookers and Blow as a reason they wouldn't play. ?H&B is nothing more than a side project for Dizzy as long as Guns is in session. ?Seriously, what band pays the bills more? ?I don't think Dizzy would have a problem telling H&B he couldn't make a gig because he had to play the VMA's, cuz I don't see THEM doing that anytime soon.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2006, 08:51:53 PM »

You know. THis forum is very disrespected toward members that wanted to help. I told everyone that Guns N' Roses will show up at the VMA 2006 because I saw the commercial of it. Before that, you guys joked on that and think it wouldn't happen. Look who had the last laugh now! I was right! And still you guys still joked on that Guns N' Roses will never perform nor give out the release date.

Everyone has posted a new topic about every other day since the day after the 2002 VMAs saying Axl or the band was going to show up at the next VMAs to announce something or other. Thats why it gets laughed off continually.

Also, Guns N Roses have not been announced to be on the VMAs, Axl Rose has. There is a difference.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »

Again:

You sound like a cult member.

Axl is a musician. A musician who has promised his fans an album. When you promise FANS that have given you a career to release an album, that means you owe them an album. By your logic George W. Bush doesn't owe us any of the promises he made during the election primaries because WE chose to have him as our leader, and he can do whatever he wants. Of course, Bush isn't the best example when it comes to this since he HASN'T done a lot of things - but why do you think so many people are upset?

If Axl had come out in 1999 and told us "The album will never be out, I'm retiring" - THEN he would owe us nothing.

Stop kidding yourself.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2006, 08:52:45 PM »

mtv sucks  rant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: