Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]  (Read 20353 times)
themovieaddict.com
« on: August 24, 2006, 07:25:23 PM »

Take this with a grain of salt, but I have a few "insider" contacts - one guy very close to a bandmember, another who told me a lot of stuff about the leaks that turned out to be true FAR before anyone else knew (he also had CITR first). Anyway, I got word today that there are rumblings from within that Axl is planning to make a special musical appearance on the VMAs. I know this has been a rumor for weeks now, but with these guys mentioning it I'd personally wager there's some truth to it - at least so far as that it's being considered. Axl is going to present an award, so he's definitely going to be there. My email described it as "round two."

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt. And don't call me names or post "I CALL BS" or whatever, I'm not a n00b, I know this kind of thread is usually bashed to death, but as I said, these guys were right in the past, so I have no reason to NOT believe them. I can't give you their names but I can tell you one of them told me the origins behind the initial leak of IRS and how it really got online, which I can verify since he has contact with the band.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:26:46 PM »

Cool. Well, we'll find out for sure in 7 days time anyhow.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:28:42 PM »

Okay, I just registered to give you this info. I saw a commercial on VMA 2006 last week on MTV in the early afternoon, and it was featuring all of the artists. While I was still listening, I heard Guns N' Roses, with a short Band Pic(Some Concert they attended that was taken), and that was it. It was a short commercial, but I couldn't believe my ears. I went to HGTGH or Chinese Democracy, and there was nothing about this. I was shocked! Then when someone say that they saw a pic with Axl w/ VMA on it, I had to reply. You may say "Fowl!" but I don't care. I'm not trying to give hope or anything, but I'm just trying to tell you that I experienced this.

Of course, there should be talks about Guns N' Roses coming to VMA 2006 because I know about 2 million people watched that commercial, but I'm surprised nobody was talking about it.

How many times do I have to quote this...Read it guys! hihi

BTW, Russian, you're acting like me.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 07:29:14 PM »

I also just wanted to point out to the nay-sayers who keep bringing up the "terrible" performance in '02 as a reason they will never perform again: it was the highest-rated live performance in MTV history. MTV doesn't give two shits about what critics say if a performance is raking in high numbers. In this case MTV would have to be crazy NOT to at least ask Axl to perform with his band since he's going to be there. MTV cares about one thing: MTV! And if an artist has been a proven success to the extremes that GN'R has been in the past, they'd take all this WELL into consideration.

And you can bet your ass Axl would have to be equally stupid to turn them down after the European tour was so succesful, his voice has improved and he's trying to get his name out there again. Have any idea how many young people watch VMAs? Yeah. It totally makes sense for them to do this.

Saying Axl is a presenter may also be a way of quieting down rumors of a VMA performance - "Well, it said he's a presenter, but then why wouldn't they tell us he's performing? He's probably just presenting." Meanwhile this gives them more room to develop this thing and they don't have to fend off rumors that Axl is in the building as they did in '02. (Remember the Pink slip-up?)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:31:35 PM by RussianRoulette » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:30:11 PM »

another insider...

isnt stinson or fortus doing a show somewhere on 31st Roll Eyes

I have no reason to NOT believe them. I can't give you their names but I can tell you one of them told me the origins behind the initial leak of IRS and how it really got online, which I can verify since he has contact with the band.

are you willing to leave this forum if it turns out to be a lie?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:32:02 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Steel_Angel
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 07:31:29 PM »

Take this with a grain of salt, but I have a few "insider" contacts - one guy very close to a bandmember, another who told me a lot of stuff about the leaks that turned out to be true FAR before anyone else knew (he also had CITR first). Anyway, I got word today that there are rumblings from within that Axl is planning to make a special musical appearance on the VMAs. I know this has been a rumor for weeks now, but with these guys mentioning it I'd personally wager there's some truth to it - at least so far as that it's being considered. Axl is going to present an award, so he's definitely going to be there. My email described it as "round two."

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt. And don't call me names or post "I CALL BS" or whatever, I'm not a n00b, I know this kind of thread is usually bashed to death, but as I said, these guys were right in the past, so I have no reason to NOT believe them. I can't give you their names but I can tell you one of them told me the origins behind the initial leak of IRS and how it really got online, which I can verify since he has contact with the band.

i see mr instensity is still lurking around teh forums  hihi good to know.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »

i see mr instensity is still lurking around teh forums  hihi good to know.

I'm not Mr. Intensity.  ok
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 07:32:34 PM »

Possibly they have to cancel the shows because they just heard that Axl was going to be at VMA 2006, and what would it be without the band there not looking at Axl???
Steel_Angel
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 07:32:57 PM »

i know, has he been pming you too?  russian
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »

another insider...

isnt stinson or fortus doing a show somewhere on 31st Roll Eyes

dizzy

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 07:33:48 PM »

Get some info on the album from your insider...thats ALL i care about.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 07:33:59 PM »

i know, has he been pming you too?  russian

Huh?  Huh
Steel_Angel
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 07:34:46 PM »

i know, has he been pming you too?? russian

Huh?? Huh
u know damn right wtf im talking about. damn you.. damn you.. curse you... YOu know DAmn right!

jk. rofl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »

That would be sweet. ?I'd have to guess IF they did play they'd close out the show like they did in '02. ?They usually show the best (or most surprising) for last. ?We'll just have to wait and see I guess. ?At least we know Axl is set to present. ?The bigger question is, will Axl take the stage on time to present the award or will he make the crowd wait an hour? ?(Sarcasm).

I think someone posted before that Dizzy DOES have a show with Hookers and Blow scheduled that night, BUT they have played without him before and if GNR was gonna play I'm sure he would be there without hesitation.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

I don't even think the bandmembers know much about it at this point.  hihi

This guy has very close contact with one of the guitarists, that's about all I can say. But he has shown me proof and I trust him - he told me stuff in the past that turned out to be true. And as a contact of a bandmember he'd have to be insane to lie about stuff involving CD, he'd just get fired. He's always been honest. He doesn't know much of anything about the album.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 07:36:12 PM »

Well - then I guess we'll see who's right, because what I heard isn't a second-hand story. ?And I heard that he's not performing, just presenting.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 07:36:46 PM »

Exactly what I meant, Faldor.
benchiefjr
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 07:37:01 PM »

i believe you dude...i hope everyone shuts up when it happens. beer
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »

Well - then I guess we'll see who's right, because what I heard isn't a second-hand story.  And I heard that he's not performing, just presenting.

Who'd you talk to? Or aren't you allowed to say? Just wondering.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »

I don't even think the bandmembers know much about it at this point.? hihi

This guy has very close contact with one of the guitarists, that's about all I can say. But he has shown me proof and I trust him - he told me stuff in the past that turned out to be true. And as a contact of a bandmember he'd have to be insane to lie about stuff involving CD, he'd just get fired. He's always been honest. He doesn't know much of anything about the album.
u keep saying that.. wat the hell?...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: