Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:47:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FYI--Vegas Shows
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FYI--Vegas Shows  (Read 2830 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:33:47 PM »

Looks like the 16th show is nearly sold out.  When requesting two or more tickets, one cannot find any.  Also, the Sunday show, while there are tickets still available, is going to sell out quickly once the show on the 16th is sold out.  If one is on the fence, and wants to see GNR in a very intimate setting, I would act fast--like before the VMA's!!!   hihi     
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 05:36:22 PM »

Looks like the 16th show is nearly sold out.? When requesting two or more tickets, one cannot find any.? Also, the Sunday show, while there are tickets still available, is going to sell out quickly once the show on the 16th is sold out.? If one is on the fence, and wants to see GNR in a very intimate setting, I would act fast--like before the VMA's!!!? ?hihi? ? ?

I JUST looked like 30 seconds ago on ticketmaster, and floor tickets were available for both shows

Axl is God.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 05:39:19 PM »

Looks like the 16th show is nearly sold out.? When requesting two or more tickets, one cannot find any.? Also, the Sunday show, while there are tickets still available, is going to sell out quickly once the show on the 16th is sold out.? If one is on the fence, and wants to see GNR in a very intimate setting, I would act fast--like before the VMA's!!!? ?hihi? ? ?

I JUST looked like 30 seconds ago on ticketmaster, and floor tickets were available for both shows

Wild, just a minute ago--there were none available.  I noticed that they are now available.  Usually, though, when there are not many tickets left, this is how the system acts.  They "hold" them for people, so they may not show as available.  Well, not available again on the search I just did.  The 16th show is about sold out. 
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 05:41:40 PM »

Wild, just a minute ago--there were none available.? I noticed that they are now available.? Usually, though, when there are not many tickets left, this is how the system acts.? They "hold" them for people, so they may not show as available.? Well, not available again on the search I just did.? The 16th show is about sold out.?

Yeah, Im sure its about sold out...and I know they "hold" them,  so everyone looking at this tread is on ticketmaster right now...lol...Yesterday there were no floor seats either

Axl is God.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 06:22:31 PM »

How long have tix been on sale for these 2 shows?

Anyone?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »

Since last friday for presale and saturday the sale to the general public.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 06:26:08 PM »

Am I the only one worried as to why these shows have not sold out??? This might not be a good sign.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »

I got my tix on the day they went on sale and when I was talking to the ticketmaster rep, he told me that there were no tix available for the 16'th so I had to get them for the 17'th Huh confused Cool peace
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 06:53:29 PM »

Maybe cuz the Vegas' shows cost $150... if those were the only shows it wouldve sold out the first day...relax...
Am I the only one worried as to why these shows have not sold out??? This might not be a good sign.

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 07:02:41 PM »

Not worried, just curious. 

I'm not sure Vegas is the best way to guage interest, lots of things vying for the entertainment dollar in the city of sin. 

The arena shows may be more telling, it'll be interesting to watch as the tour progresses.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 07:06:23 PM »

there is also a fight going on the 16th at the MGM that is nearly sold out.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »

This should have sold out within mins like the NY shows did...so its NOT a good sign.
madagas
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 08:18:14 PM »

All I'm going to say is they need an album or single on the radio.....these shows are small and should have sold out like the Warfield shows...kinda odd. Ticket price may be too high for a regular show (the other Vegas shows were around or on New Years). Hmmmm. Huh
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 08:24:18 PM »

All I'm going to say is they need an album or single on the radio.....these shows are small and should have sold out like the Warfield shows...kinda odd. Ticket price may be too high for a regular show (the other Vegas shows were around or on New Years). Hmmmm. Huh
I agree we at least need a single being overplayed on radio to get people in the seats on this leg of the tour. I dont think prices are to high even for Las Vegas which is known to have everything else over priced. I think it is time for Axl to get the ball rolling on the marketing blitz. He cant exspect to sell out shows that people have no clue about. I know I shouldnt worry to much about this, but damn Axl and these guys need the US to bring this band back to stardom.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Chief
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 08:36:18 PM »

it would have if tickets were about 60-70 bucks.

This should have sold out within mins like the NY shows did...so its NOT a good sign.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 10:16:26 PM »

You guy's are kidding right?  New York has twenty times the population of Vegas.  The Vegas shows are priced at $150.00.  Most of the people visiting Vegas now who can afford the shows, are not going to be there in September.  Remember, these are going to get snatched (whatever remains) up by high rollers in town for the weekend starting on the 15th of September.  People, who work in Vegas, for the most part, cannot afford $150 show.  They are also, in my estimation, are going to sell a few hundred extras in GA.

Also, FYI, none of the previous Vegas shows were really "sold out" on the day they went on sale.  The practice of "papering" a show, to get a headline, is well known in the concert industry.  It is a way to get a buzz--"GNR sells out Vegas in .5 seconds!!" 
I think management finally figured out, that "papering" actually might of hurt sales, as many did not bother to search on e-bay for the tickets they stashed away.  I think, letting this sell out for real, in real time is a better practice.  That is what they are doing.  I can say right now, with certainty, that GNR 2006 are a far hotter commodity than they were in 2002!!!  Way more!!  Quit looking into factors like this, to guage anything.  VR, and most bands never sell out the Joint until a week or so before the show, or the night of the show.  If VR is one of the biggest bands in hard rock, and has sold 2 million albums, then why did they not sell out the Joint?  See what I mean??

phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 10:46:47 PM »

Not at $150 bucks a pop. Calm down turbo.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 12:29:23 AM »

another factor is that each of the last 3 times they played in vegas it was a holiday weekend, so people were more likely to take a trip out to see them.  i'm pretty sure these will sell out in the next couple of weeks or so.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 02:21:43 AM »

THE BALL IS ROLLING, why do people keep complaining and anyalizing!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 05:36:29 AM »

16 show is sold out,just check ticketmaster

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print