Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:27:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Behind the kit come Cali
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind the kit come Cali  (Read 6145 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 01:15:56 AM »

Better @ Nottingham is a legendary performance.? I love Brain.? Frank, though, is on the level of Gonzo!!! If he drums like he did at Notthingham, it won't be "where's Slash?"? It will be "Where's Frank?"Huh "GnR ain't GnR /out Frank.."?
You are delusional. Please seek help. No one even knows this guy and he's played a handful of shows and you think he's on that level? Roll Eyes This is whats really annoying about a certain segment of the fanbase, and I didnt know you were in that group until just now. Axl could have picked ANYBODY and a bunch of people would say what you just said. Even if Axl for some reason picked someone because they sucked people would still praise him as the second coming of Bonham.

Its just like I said in a BBF thread not too long ago, and the same would apply here: Axl could dig up Tiny Tim's corpse and throw it onstage and certain people would praise him as the greatest musician ever.

First, Brain is the best. Now Frank is the best. The next version of GNR could have someone else and they'll be the best. It never stops. How many people can be the best, and why is the best always the person that followed the previous best?

It was a joke!  They are both great!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:17:45 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 01:54:50 AM »

Better @ Nottingham is a legendary performance.  I love Brain.  Frank, though, is on the level of Gonzo!!! If he drums like he did at Notthingham, it won't be "where's Slash?"  It will be "Where's Frank?"??  "GnR ain't GnR /out Frank.." 
You are delusional. Please seek help. No one even knows this guy and he's played a handful of shows and you think he's on that level? Roll Eyes This is whats really annoying about a certain segment of the fanbase, and I didnt know you were in that group until just now. Axl could have picked ANYBODY and a bunch of people would say what you just said. Even if Axl for some reason picked someone because they sucked people would still praise him as the second coming of Bonham.

Its just like I said in a BBF thread not too long ago, and the same would apply here: Axl could dig up Tiny Tim's corpse and throw it onstage and certain people would praise him as the greatest musician ever.

First, Brain is the best. Now Frank is the best. The next version of GNR could have someone else and they'll be the best. It never stops. How many people can be the best, and why is the best always the person that followed the previous best?

Most of the people here are loyal to one man. One man only. (and all of his decisions)
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 03:57:34 AM »

Most of the people here are loyal to one man. One man only. (and all of his decisions)

That is correckt. ALL HAIL TEH MERCK!

hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 12:02:08 PM »

No one even knows this guy and he's played a handful of shows and you think he's on that level?

That's a pretty ignorant statement. All around the world there are guys playing their asses off every night that no one but a few will ever hear who are "on that level".
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 12:05:18 PM »

why wouldn't it be brain? he is the drummer of the band

frank was a backup because brains wife was preggers

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »

No one even knows this guy and he's played a handful of shows and you think he's on that level?

That's a pretty ignorant statement. All around the world there are guys playing their asses off every night that no one but a few will ever hear who are "on that level".
If he wasnt in GNR, you wouldnt be thinking he is "on that level". His inclusion in the band is the only reason people think that.

The guy hasn't done anything to justify any comparisons to Bonham.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 05:47:21 PM »

If he wasnt in GNR, you wouldnt be thinking he is "on that level". His inclusion in the band is the only reason people think that.

are comparisons to bonham needed to justify brain`s a good drummer? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 10:20:25 PM »

are comparisons to bonham needed to justify brain`s a good drummer? hihi
WaR, I was actually talking about the new obsession with Frank. nervous

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 10:22:59 PM »

You don't like Frank?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 10:30:09 PM »

You don't like Frank?
Never said I hated him. I just dont see how him doing a few shows and nothing else makes him the second coming of Bonham. If he wasn't subbing for Brain, no one would hold him in such high regard.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 10:33:18 PM »

Who said he was the second comming of Bonham?

It's also possible that some liked how he played more than Brain at the shows.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 10:48:17 PM »

Who said he was the second comming of Bonham?
Check some prior posts in this thread, and maybe a few other threads that talk about the Brain/Frank situation.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 12:36:57 AM »

Gosh you must be deaf if you think Bonham's better than Ferrer.  no
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 09:15:38 AM »

Well actually I met a good few people before shows who once I told them Frank was behind the skins for the show, were very happy.  They didn't even know he was drumming before I told them.

A lot of people are aware Frank's a good drummer.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 09:20:13 AM »

From the photo's i've seen Frank appears to fit in really well. I'm sure Brian/Brain will be back once the US tour kicks off. Back in 2002 when i got to see the new band, i really donot recal seeing Brain/Brian or paying too much attention as to who was drumming. Axl, Buckethead and Robin pretty much stole most of the limelight.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 11:44:17 AM »

Back in 2002 when i got to see the new band, i really donot recal seeing Brain/Brian or paying too much attention as to who was drumming. Axl, Buckethead and Robin pretty much stole most of the limelight.

So I guess one of them drummed YCBM when you went to see them.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2006, 07:54:37 PM »

From the photo's i've seen Frank appears to fit in really well. I'm sure Brian/Brain will be back once the US tour kicks off. Back in 2002 when i got to see the new band, i really donot recal seeing Brain/Brian or paying too much attention as to who was drumming. Axl, Buckethead and Robin pretty much stole most of the limelight.

Holy hell. If pictures are all you need to judge a drummer's talent, well, how about we get some hot chick. Maybe she can drum with her top off.  no I can't believe all of the "image" arguments I've seen around here. Especially after GNR fans have had to defend Axl's image for so long. Remember when everyone said he was fat? Pathetic.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 09:08:09 PM »

Well actually I met a good few people before shows who once I told them Frank was behind the skins for the show, were very happy.  They didn't even know he was drumming before I told them.

A lot of people are aware Frank's a good drummer.
I'm not saying some people aren't "happy" that he is the drummer. My point is these people who say he is up there with Bonham when they've seen a few boots are delusional. They would say that about anyone in that position, no matter who it is. Why isnt Sorum Bonham? Or Adler? 90% of the material played is what they created. So what puts the replacement of Brain up at that level? Its always the next guy who is the best, no matter who preceded them. I dont really understand the mindset of that part of the fanbase. Its not just the drummer either. This same thing happens when anyone new is brought in. Why does the previous guy have to suck, and the new guy rule? Cant they both rule? hihi

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »

I'm not saying some people aren't "happy" that he is the drummer. My point is these people who say he is up there with Bonham when they've seen a few boots are delusional. They would say that about anyone in that position, no matter who it is. Why isnt Sorum Bonham? Or Adler? 90% of the material played is what they created. So what puts the replacement of Brain up at that level? Its always the next guy who is the best, no matter who preceded them. I dont really understand the mindset of that part of the fanbase. Its not just the drummer either. This same thing happens when anyone new is brought in. Why does the previous guy have to suck, and the new guy rule? Cant they both rule? hihi

that sums it up in a nutshell right there, but not only is he brains replacement, he's brain's apprentice hihi

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:38 PM »

So is Brain back?

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: