Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 10:39:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  hmv cd
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: hmv cd  (Read 3648 times)
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« on: August 22, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »

hey i went into hmv uk a few weeks ago asked them bout cd they said november but take it with a pinch of salt,went in again today ,the girl said they had november 3rd as a date but it also had a note with it saying that date had been cancelled,not that i beleive they would have a date when noone else knows it,but thought you might find it of interest,also play.com has cd listed ive never seen them with it up before they say they will email when its available to pre order ,no release date but maybe its really happening this time ive also emailed mtv askin if the advert was legit or not ,doubt ill get an answer but heres hoping.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 02:43:06 PM »

What's the email address that you sent?  Let's just bombard them with emails forcing them to give us some information.
ledgo74
Opening Act

god of rock

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 02:52:25 PM »

not sure on the emaol ad heres how i found it go to mtv.co.uk click on mesage boards then look in the bottom right hand corner it saya contact then it comes up to email
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 02:56:02 PM »

What's the email address that you sent?? Let's just bombard them with emails forcing them to give us some information.

No point to that - I'm sure they don't have any. If there were a release date, there would be no reason to keep it secret.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 03:22:33 PM »

what is this with HMV? this is going on for years now and you still believe they get the release date before everybody else does?
they just list the cd so you can pre-order it and don't give your money away to another record store.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 03:41:46 PM »

what is this with HMV? this is going on for years now and you still believe they get the release date before everybody else does?
they just list the cd so you can pre-order it and don't give your money away to another record store.
  Wouldn't they have to have permission from the band or the record label to do that though? 
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 05:26:34 PM »

I went into HMV today in Edinburgh, Scotland and asked a guy if he had a release date for the new Guns N' Roses record and he went to check and returned with these exact words:

''We have it down for November 13th''

peace

There's not anymore that I can do...
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 05:28:45 PM »

Wouldn't they have to have permission from the band or the record label to do that though? 

Doubt it. Back in the day I pre-ordered the UYI albums and gave 'em a 50 pence deposit 15 months before the darned thing came out. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 05:30:01 PM »

I just hope HMV knows what the hell they're talking about.
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 05:32:45 PM »

Well after the guy said that I asked him where the info. comes from and he said 'We get it from Head Office'. These businesses are seriously run so they aren't going to put out joke dates etc.

There's not anymore that I can do...
T_Roxie
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 05:35:30 PM »

Well after the guy said that I asked him where the info. comes from and he said 'We get it from Head Office'. These businesses are seriously run so they aren't going to put out joke dates etc.

I have one of hmv's promotional cds where they say its out april 25th, 2005. They do.
Sizzle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 05:48:58 PM »

I checked a while back in my local HMV and they said Nov 13th too. It is a posibility...
EFISH
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »

Arent albums usually released in Europe a day early? And since the 14th is a tuesday, thatd make sense...

hmm..

whenever it is, i cant wait for the press release. everyones gona go insane! drool
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 07:19:11 PM »

Arent albums usually released in Europe a day early? And since the 14th is a tuesday, thatd make sense...

hmm..

whenever it is, i cant wait for the press release. everyones gona go insane! drool
  It'll definately be a big day in music.  I'll probably be so freaked I won't be able to sleep for a few days.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 08:35:57 AM »

I checked a while back in my local HMV and they said Nov 13th too. It is a posibility...

I hope no one here is naive enough to think that this information would surface first through a distributor. It will be a big announcement when it happens, not something you just happen across.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 08:51:13 AM »

Arent albums usually released in Europe a day early?

Yeah, at least in the UK it's Monday.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 09:26:32 AM »

It was actually made available on pre-order recently. I ordered a copy and then a few weeks later they e-mailed to say it had been removed.

The same thing happened with Amazon.com in the US last year.

The whole thing is farsical.

Here today...ready to rock
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 09:29:10 AM »

I hope no one here is naive enough to think that this information would surface first through a distributor. It will be a big announcement when it happens, not something you just happen across.

Wouldn't it be kinda funny though, to one day walk in to a record store and surprise CD is there without an announcement or anything.  I know I'd get a good laugh out of it.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 10:33:31 AM »

Wouldn't it be kinda funny though, to one day walk in to a record store and surprise CD is there without an announcement or anything.? I know I'd get a good laugh out of it.

I would be convinced I was hallucinating, and had finally suffered a psychotic split.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 12:01:19 PM »

It was actually made available on pre-order recently. I ordered a copy and then a few weeks later they e-mailed to say it had been removed.

The same thing happened with Amazon.com in the US last year.

The whole thing is farsical.

That was quite funny when we got everyone to pre-order 999 copies to try and make it the most bought album in the charts.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: