Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:55:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A fan since the 80s, Axl (You are appreciated)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A fan since the 80s, Axl (You are appreciated)  (Read 3961 times)
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« on: August 19, 2006, 04:20:28 PM »

Ever since 88 here in the UK I've been following the exploits of GNR. Kinda sad in a way but being at an influential age I was hooked at 15. Kinda thank my mother for it, in fact she used to say "You'll grow outta it". Guess what? "No f**kin chance". 33 just turned and still into it. Went to Download festival with my current wife and we rocked!!! Oh did we rock. All I want to say here is how much every damn song written reflects on my life and probably every m*fu*k*r reading this s**t. Axl...... I know you probably don't care too much for praise, after all we're all living our own lives being ourselves and nothing special individually but when I here your vocals its like hearing god or something. Don't EVER stop doing what you love. decades have passed and many of us still enjoy what you do.

Sincerely,
A dot in the crowd!
Sizzle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

Amen to that!
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 04:43:18 PM »

''but when I here your vocals its like hearing god or something. Don't EVER stop doing what you love'' I totaly agree with you I'm pretty new Axl's fan, only 2 years? but I dont think I ever stop admire that person beer
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 06:02:13 PM by Alina » Logged

weNEEDslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 04:55:07 PM »

hi mark, same as you, almost 95% in common, anyway  i was probably less enthousiast about that 2006 tour than you, even if there was good moments for sure, i will always regret slash duff & the other real GNR. when you saw the band in the fucking good old days, it's probably harder, if only i was 15 now & havent seen the originals guyz probably i would not care that much.? ?but axl & slash together on stage that's really something you cant describe & even the best records or videos are still under what it was in my opinion, ok there will be some out there who will disagree ..anyway my point
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »

hi mark, same as you, almost 95% in common, anyway? i was probably less enthousiast about that 2006 tour than you, even if there was good moments for sure, i will always regret slash duff & the other real GNR. when you saw the band in the fucking good old days, it's probably harder, if only i was 15 now & havent seen the originals guyz probably i would not care that much.? ?but axl & slash together on stage that's really something you cant describe & even the best records or videos are still under what it was in my opinion, ok there will be some out there who will disagree ..anyway my point

Know what ya mean m8. I saw GNR back at Wembley 91 with Skid Row * NIN, so when Seb (Baz) joined stage @download I was going freaky mental. The original line-up of GNR as we knew it was what influenced us but times change and as Axl says "This band can play the F**k out of these songs."

I also like the contraband album that VR has done and to me that is something specially as I liked STP also. Axl is king in my eyes regardless of the others. Maybe a re-union when their all in their 70s. LOL
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 05:23:16 PM »

Good to know an old fan can like the new band. I like to see that kind of acceptance. ok

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 05:42:09 PM »

Anyone remember the tracks "Whole Lotta Rosie - ACDC" and "Shadow Of Your Love". Oh man did I want more....
Internet has aided me in tracking down some obscure material and a lot of GNR Demo's that aren't GNR but thats the net.

If any new GNR fans are out there that have never heard early GNR Live then do yourself a favour and get a recording of the Ritz from 88/89. You'll see what they were about!!!
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »

Yeah man I am also an 'old' fan of the band and I also like the new band a lot, fact is that I've seen them in the early 90's and in 2006, and the new band is BETTER!!! Some people don't accept this but I think that?s the thruth, sorry.

Ritz 88-89 is absolutely great, I also like the 86-87 versions of Don?t cry a lot. But what I even more like is 06 madagascar, the blues, better etc....

markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »

Yeah man I am also an 'old' fan of the band and I also like the new band a lot, fact is that I've seen them in the early 90's and in 2006, and the new band is BETTER!!! Some people don't accept this but I think that?s the thruth, sorry.

Ritz 88-89 is absolutely great, I also like the 86-87 versions of Don?t cry a lot. But what I even more like is 06 madagascar, the blues, better etc....

Know what you mean, BETTER is certainly BETTER. Can't wait for tis s**t to surface. I definately recon this year, feel it in my bones and I know I'm right. Think about whats been going on with all the tours!!!!

Bout time.

Feelin as old as the hills!!! Come on Axl bring back my youth.
Right now listening to Used To Love her which is on You Tube (Download Fest) Man you rock!!!
david rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 06:57:31 PM »

its hard and hurts to say but the truth is that the new band is way better than the old one with all of respect to slash, duff etc'

true fan for 15 years
and still the craziest in the middle east
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 07:03:04 PM »

we're all living our own lives being ourselves and nothing special individually but when I here your vocals its like hearing god or something. Don't EVER stop doing what you love. decades have passed and many of us still enjoy what you do.

Sincerely,
A dot in the crowd!

well said, dude, well said!!!!  ok

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 07:10:01 PM »

we're all living our own lives being ourselves and nothing special individually but when I here your vocals its like hearing god or something. Don't EVER stop doing what you love. decades have passed and many of us still enjoy what you do.

Sincerely,
A dot in the crowd!

well said, dude, well said!!!!? ok

Do yourself a favour and go to Youtube.com get kohd @ donnington/download and while listening to it read these posts and see if you fit the vibe.
If you do then welcome to the world of GNR. nuff said!
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »

Do yourself a favour and go to Youtube.com get kohd @ donnington/download and while listening to it read these posts and see if you fit the vibe.
If you do then welcome to the world of GNR. nuff said!

yes

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 02:15:41 AM »

Been a fan since 86, and I am as psyched about the new GNR at 31 as I was about the old GNR at 12. The catalyst? Axl. He was like a musical big brother then and now, like an old friend returned.

Looking forward to the next 20 years.

Peace and goodnight.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 06:11:46 AM »

i follow guns since 1988, when i first saw PC on Mtv i went nuts. ever since then, guns is my fav band. can't believe they still rock out so hard and loud! i love this band, but above all i'm an axl rose fan. whatever it is he'll bring out, i'll buy it.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 09:02:14 AM »

Ever since 88 here in the UK I've been following the exploits of GNR. Kinda sad in a way but being at an influential age I was hooked at 15. Kinda thank my mother for it, in fact she used to say "You'll grow outta it". Guess what? "No f**kin chance". 33 just turned and still into it. Went to Download festival with my current wife and we rocked!!! Oh did we rock. All I want to say here is how much every damn song written reflects on my life and probably every m*fu*k*r reading this s**t. Axl...... I know you probably don't care too much for praise, after all we're all living our own lives being ourselves and nothing special individually but when I here your vocals its like hearing god or something. Don't EVER stop doing what you love. decades have passed and many of us still enjoy what you do.

Sincerely,
A dot in the crowd!

Lol I swear I bought a GN'R bootleg off of you on ebay   Grin
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 10:58:38 AM »

been following since 93. I played as a vocals in the GNR cover band. been tryng to sound like Axl when im singing since 96 till now hihi. when 'Oh My God'  cames out in 99. it was the brightness moment in my life.
join in this forum and knows you guys its the happiest moment in my life. ok
Whenever Im sad,angry or else.  I just listen to Axl voice. and all the problems gone.
Chinesse Democracy its my Second reasons to live.
sorry bout my english.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 11:48:42 AM »

in october 2005 i discovered splenda
i plunged my hand into it and thought it was the most amazing texture feeling ever
then i tasted it and i hated it
now i still hate it.
i hate splenda.

sammerc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »

I couldn't agree more. Thing is with the "old" people on these boards. To be a fan from 88 (myself) or earlier, we put up with a lot! We had a lot of defending to do over the years and some years of NOTHING! 95-99! UGH! So to have the passion still burning inside that you can't get enough of this guy is pretty amazing.

When you are a teenager (i am not rippin on you- i swear- i was there too) you have more time to be on forums and your life is less compilcated. Now as a 30 something, you have careers and spouses and maybe kids. MY POINT--- The 80's fan, to be as addicted to Guns n Roses still after all the ups and downs. There is something beyond special.....AXL has that ability to make you keep wanting and longing for more.

the guy is awesome!

you know i know better!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »

Show some respect for the original guns! rant I mean Traci. GNR fans Today are not up to snuff.  no

Tongue
Thanks give_it_a_rest david rose. someone has to say that.

If you ask me, this GNR(from 2002 onward) is the best band ever existed, with all due deference to rolling stones, Pink Floyd, zep, etc.  smoking

markpeterhughes and other fans since the 80s
Great to know that not a few veteran fans are unbiased and fanatic about this band.
You all kickass! ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: