Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Forum Presale - San Fran and Vegas [OFFER CLOSED]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum Presale - San Fran and Vegas [OFFER CLOSED]  (Read 26031 times)
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »

I filled it out hoping for 2 tickets to The Warfield showing. But I filled it out under my name and profile of another major GNR fourm. Will I still be qualified? Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2006, 02:57:38 PM »

I filled it out hoping for 2 tickets to The Warfield showing. But I filled it out under my name and profile of another major GNR fourm. Will I still be qualified? Huh

Yes, unless you registered this week just to get tickets.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »

Ok, cool. Ive been a memeber of chinesedemocracy.com for a while now. I did join THIS forum today, but I had sent the PResale Form a week ago and will not be using this account for the Presale. EDIT: Heres my other profile for proof http://tinyurl.com/mbsfn
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 03:13:19 PM by Gonzo Axl » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »

I did join THIS forum today, but I had sent the PResale Form a week ago and will not be using this account for the Presale.

Sorry if I'm a dumbo but what presale you had a week ago? Huh
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

Maybe not a week, but the one in this thread
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »

Jarmo,

Sorry to be bitchign about this but why do you let people request as many as 4 tickets for the presale??

A venue like the Joint holds only 1,400 people of which probably at least 200 will be VIP tickets reserved for the band friends, relatives and venue staff. That leaves in the best case 1,200 tickets per show for the fans. If everybody, and I suspect most people, request 4 tickets for whatever reasons (there are some good financial ones too), then only 300 of the people who registered for the presale will get picked. And I assume you already received alot more than 300 requests.

I am sorry but I don't buy the fact that a member of a board deserves as many as 4 tickets. I mean, taking your significant other or best friend with you, yes, but taking 2 more friends.....I don't like it. If those other 2 friends were real fans they could've registered themselves as well.

Another thing is that many among us could and probably would take advantage of the 4 ticket limit to make moeny off of them. You know how it works, I buy one for me, one for my friend, and if can alsways sell the remaining two for double the price. A ticket limit of 4 leaves alot of room for scalping. And I am sure there are alot of scalpers registered in the boards as well.....they are not that stupid.

That said, my humble suggestion is to give strong preference to the 1 and 2 ticket requests for the presale and that should be a major criterion.

Another criterion, of course, can be the longevity of a board account and the board itself. Although I am shooting myslef in the foot here, sicne I opted to list HTGHT as my board where I've only been a member since April despite the fact that I've been visiting the site for 2 years now. There are other boards where I've been a member for many years but I didn't list them since I am not sure what your opinion of them might be.

peace.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2006, 04:43:50 PM »

great point. 2 tix should be the limit. i'd actually advocate 1 ticket.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2006, 04:57:17 PM »

great point. 2 tix should be the limit. i'd actually advocate 1 ticket.....

I entirely agree 2 should be the limit, at least this would somewhat cut down on scalping issues.? Scalpers are the bain of the earth IMO and it sickens me that this practice has so overtaken the ticket sale industry to the point where people are forking over 3 times or more sometimes just to see their favorite artist, especially these days when ticket prices are high enough.? Or even worse, not being able to afford a ticket because the re-sale price is just too high.

I have no issue giving my money to support an artist but when I know it's going to the grubby hands of someone whose sole purpose is to rob fans, that just burns me to no end.

That being said, I hope everyone here that does receive a PW for these shows uses it wisely and doesn't throw it around to just anyone or use it to make a buck.

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2006, 05:21:35 PM »

I understand all of you, and you're probably right too, but i also think a lot of people can't afford to buy 4 tickets and don't know for sure if they can sell them later to anybody else. Especially not for the double ammount.
IF i get the chance to buy a ticket it will be only 1 for myself.

god bless you lady

Thank you!

thats like it was for me from us to portugal, will walk the ends of the earth for GNR, hope to meet you if yu make it!!!
So you thought an ocean would stop me seeing Guns N' Roses?
Think again!!!? Wink

We will meet for sure if i can make it.

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2006, 05:26:15 PM »

Tom Petty's system has worked pretty well.  You can't get the tickets unless you pick them up at will call that night.  He did that after scalpers got a whole bunch of tickets for the New York show.  Tickets were voided that were found on various sites for sale.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2006, 05:41:03 PM »

Four was the maximum last time for the New York and London shows, and that's why it says four now.

It's not my decision.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tristanj13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »

Tom Petty's system has worked pretty well.? You can't get the tickets unless you pick them up at will call that night.? He did that after scalpers got a whole bunch of tickets for the New York show.? Tickets were voided that were found on various sites for sale.

Wondering if they will do this. On the ticketmaster page it does say only person with valid ID will be able to pick up tickets at will call.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2006, 05:53:40 PM »

Tom Petty's system has worked pretty well.? You can't get the tickets unless you pick them up at will call that night.? He did that after scalpers got a whole bunch of tickets for the New York show.? Tickets were voided that were found on various sites for sale.

Wondering if they will do this. On the ticketmaster page it does say only person with valid ID will be able to pick up tickets at will call.

It says that for every band/every show if you buy your tickets with a credit card and have them waiting at will call for you....

Axl is God.
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »

Tom Petty's system has worked pretty well.  You can't get the tickets unless you pick them up at will call that night.  He did that after scalpers got a whole bunch of tickets for the New York show.  Tickets were voided that were found on various sites for sale.

Yeah, Tom has an amazing presale system. You do have to pay $30 to get into his fan club to get the passwords, but that includes a copy of his new album, which would've cost me $10 anyhow. 
I used his presale system for 3 shows coming up, here were my results

Chicago 1st night: 7th row center
Chicago 2nd night: 5th row center
Madison, Wisconsin: 6th row center

He was even so kind to let the first 150 presale tickets to sell for the Chicago shows go at HALF price, so the first night I am sitting 7th row for 50% off.

And yeah, the tickets can ONLY be picked up at will-call  1 hour before the show.  Now of course, scalpers could agree to pick up the tix and do the transaction at the venue, but I don't think many of the customers would be willing to 'jump through those hoops.'

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2006, 06:38:20 PM »

The presale worked great last time, I'd say 95% of the people here got their tickets at face value.....

I think it's fine the way it is, everyone on here was selling extras at face value and it was working great, this ticket limit of 4 helped accumulate extra tickets for the board.

And they all got used up. Smiley
rwm172
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2006, 06:49:38 PM »

I think this system should work well I think a 1 ticket only presale would be a little extreme but if their are too many requests maybe that should be the way it goes. ok
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2006, 06:50:49 PM »

hi- sorry if this is a stupid question but I registered for the presale.. Should I have gotten any confirmation email or anything?  is there any way to confirm I am registered?  Thanks! 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2006, 06:52:55 PM »

hi- sorry if this is a stupid question but I registered for the presale.. Should I have gotten any confirmation email or anything?? is there any way to confirm I am registered?? Thanks!?

The only e-mail you get is the actual pre-sale info once it goes out.

/jarmo

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2006, 09:24:41 PM »

One last thing too guys.. follow Jarmo's advice and keep talking about what is going on to a minimum in public forums, use the im feature as much as you can.. also, be sure to check your bulk mail folders as well if you are expecting information, sometimes it goes there as well.

If you're not really friends with anyone on the board feel free to im me if you're getting worried that you haven't recieved anything yet. This will all work out though, it definitely did the last time. ok
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2006, 10:32:06 PM »

Fuck it, rules were made to be broken.  I'm back in!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: