Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Isn't it time for the New GNR to quit the side projects?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Isn't it time for the New GNR to quit the side projects?  (Read 10983 times)
TheMole
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2006, 10:08:09 AM »

05.10.87 - Hollywood, CA
notes: This is a Drunk Fux show, featuring members of GN'R, West Arkeen & Del James.
So, GNR + 2 guys they hung out with, right? Sound like a pretty "band"-ish thing to do to me

01.14.88 - Coconut Teaszer, Hollywood, CA
set: Yesterdays, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Born To Be Wild, Honky Tonk Women
notes: This band is known as the Drunk Fux - Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, West Arkeen & Del James.
Well, here we are sure it's the complete band + friends performing under a different name, a'ight... still what a band would do to have some fun together...

05.14.93 - Hollywood Palladium, Hollywood, CA
set: Dead Flowers, Communication Breakdown, Honky Tonk Women
notes: Another Drunk Fux show, minus Axl this time.
Ah, so now it's '93, and the guys are still having fun as a band, but Axl decided not to join in... sounds about right to me...

Listen, the boys having fun with some extra friends of the band doing something fun under a different name; fine by me, that's called bonding, a band thing. Almost every member hanging around with their old friends who have no connection to the band whatsoever and "uncle axl" partying his ass off without the band: not ok!

*edit* let me just make this clear: I loved it when we talked about "the band" and all meant those 5 guys. I really hate it that these days we talk about "the band" and actually mean just the musicians, the backing band...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:11:31 AM by TheMole » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2006, 10:10:31 AM »

I agree with D...to me they should drop everything else until the fucking record is out....enough already rant

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2006, 10:31:53 AM »

Some people never cease to amaze me. First some of you want to tell Axl to get back with the old band just for you, then you want to to forbid current band members from going out to play with their friends for fun.

You can sit at home and practise, or you can go out and play in front of a real audience. Which one do you think most musicians prefer?

The thing so many of you seem to want is: unhappy band members.

Axl isn't supposed to go out to have fun, Dizzy and Tommy can't play with their friends, Axl should reunite with people who sued him just so you'd be happy.

I'm saying, let them do what they want. That's when people are happy. That's a good thing for the band.

I think they know what's best for themself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAC185
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2006, 10:35:26 AM »

Don't be ridiculous. They've only survived this long listening to forum members' advice  hihi
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2006, 10:37:30 AM »

Nah I want the CD Tongue then they can do what the fuck they want outside of GnR hihi

IMO they should all bodily carry Axl into the studio then stand behind him and go "Is it done yet? Is it done yet?" until Axl gets tired of it and releases it rofl

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »

Some people never cease to amaze me. First some of you want to tell Axl to get back with the old band just for you, then you want to to forbid current band members from going out to play with their friends for fun.

You can sit at home and practise, or you can go out and play in front of a real audience. Which one do you think most musicians prefer?

Axl isn't supposed to go out to have fun, Dizzy and Tommy can't play with their friends, Axl should reunite with people who sued him just so you'd be happy.

I'm saying, let them do what they want. That's when people are happy. That's a good thing for the band.

/jarmo

I totally agree with you jarmo.  I agree with your posts in this thread and all but under one simple condition and that condition has nothing to do with you.  IF and that is a big IF the album is done and will be released this year 100% sure then I say let them go out and play with other bands and friends, go out and party etc.  After all who are we to keep the Guns N Roses band members from having fun.  It is totally uncalled for.  Last I checked those guys are all adults and should have the right to do what they want, when they want and how they want on their free time.  After all GNR is on a break till September.  BUT!  If the album is still not done and it's release in 2006 is far from certain.  Then I think they should all be hard at work on their main band which is GNR and finish the album once and for all.  And this goes to Axl as well.  Other than that the people here have no right to judge the band members being involved in side projects for fun.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »

^ oh is the album out? oh wait no it's not, so i guess it's not done then Tongue

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2006, 11:24:43 AM »

^ oh is the album out? oh wait no it's not, so i guess it's not done then Tongue

Even if it is not out yet it doesn't mean it is not done.  I admit it looks like it is not done but it could be done.  So you must give them the benefit of the doubt.   Wink
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2006, 11:25:48 AM »

Even if it is not out yet it doesn't mean it is not done.? I admit it looks like it is not done but it could be done.? So you must give them the benefit of the doubt.? ?Wink

yeah i get bored of it though sometimes after 13 years rofl but i know the disk appears right around the corner...i can be patient a little longer I suppose hihi

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2006, 11:40:17 AM »

Regarding the whole work on the album thing: How the hell do you know if Dizzy's and Tommy's parts are already done?

My guess is that if they were required to work on the album, they wouldn't be going on tour. Just a guess....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2006, 11:43:30 AM »

If they toured this summer and are showing evidence of a fall tour, there wont be time to work on the album.  There wont be a mistake this time around, as the album will come out with the tour, and therefore, it can be assumed that it's finished.. or at least i'd like to think so  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »

There is generally about a 6 month gap between an album been completely finished in terms of all production/mastering and the product being on the shelves. ?SO if the album is to come out this year it is likely that its ready. ?There are so many things to consider when releasing it. ?Record label scheduling is going to be key to the success of the album in the eyes of 'the industry.
pebbles
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2006, 11:46:41 AM »

velvet revolver-a band?  rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »

Regarding the whole work on the album thing: How the hell do you know if Dizzy's and Tommy's parts are already done?

My guess is that if they were required to work on the album, they wouldn't be going on tour. Just a guess....

/jarmo

I know but as a "Collaborative Effort" I would assume that normally the band would all be together until the thing is 100% complete....but then again the way that GnR does things is far from normal hihi

If you were in a band that supposedly had an album, arguably the most anticipated rock album ever, due out "soon" would you fuck off to other places during the twilight of the recording process? or would yo stick around to see the final peices come together? I dunno maybe I'm weird but I'd be hanging around until it's done...completely done and pressed peace

by bits and peices of interviews it appears that some of the members have no idea what the final songs even completely sound like...that's really fucked up IMO nervous

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »

I think you're greatly exaggerating the contributions of Tommy and Dizzy to the CD timetable. I would guess that there isn't a bass or piano part that never got done, and has been holding up the album this entire time. Poor Axl - he wanted to put the album out ages ago, but he could never get these guys to give up their side projects long enough to record their damn parts. ?Roll Eyes
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2006, 11:52:58 AM »

/jarmo

I know but as a "Collaborative Effort" I would assume that normally the band would all be together until the thing is 100% complete....but then again the way that GnR does things is far from normal hihi

If you were in a band that supposedly had an album, arguably the most anticipated rock album ever, due out "soon" would you fuck off to other places during the twilight of the recording process? or would yo stick around to see the final peices come together? I dunno maybe I'm weird but I'd be hanging around until it's done...completely done and pressed peace

by bits and peices of interviews it appears that some of the members have no idea what the final songs even completely sound like...that's really fucked up IMO nervous

I would think you'd know this, but band members have very little to do with mixing/mastering in many situations.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2006, 11:58:18 AM »

After this long, we should no longer be having commitment arguments. ?Everyone here should be grateful for these side-projects. ?They serve to extend the lifespan of GNR. ?These guys go out, gain new experiences, bring a fresh perspective and a renewed vigor back to the GNR camp. ?If these things didn't happen, the risk is there for all of them to get burnt out on the GNR thing. ?No other activities, and I bet you'd have most of them out the door by now.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2006, 12:08:53 PM »

I would think you'd know this, but band members have very little to do with mixing/mastering in many situations.

no shit....but you'd figure they'd be practicing the new songs before they set out for the tour celebrating and promoting it's release Roll Eyes especially since the one guitarist has apparently only been there for 3 months...but maybe I'm not understanding how a band works...

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2006, 12:17:16 PM »

Neemo, finally got to the point. Everyone else has been in place for at least 5 years and knows the songs. Ron had very little time to learn the new material, so the band was limited to what new songs could be played.

Now would be a damn good time for him to get to practice more new material. He just happens to be one of the few with not much going on before the Vegas shows. I haven't seen Robins name come up in any side projects so possibly he will be helping out Ron with new songs.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2006, 12:24:28 PM »

Neemo, finally got to the point. Everyone else has been in place for at least 5 years and knows the songs. Ron had very little time to learn the new material, so the band was limited to what new songs could be played.

Now would be a damn good time for him to get to practice more new material. He just happens to be one of the few with not much going on before the Vegas shows. I haven't seen Robins name come up in any side projects so possibly he will be helping out Ron with new songs.

but maybe they are doing just that...the other guys could always show up for practices between gigs too...but to me it would be nice if they would make GnR the top priority...after all whats more important to these guys? GNR or a bar band or a guest appearance with some old buddies? but like Jarmo and others said too...they are adults, they can do what they please...but by them trapsing across the US doesn't seem to me like GnR is #1 on their carreer priority list...and to me that's a bit unsettling Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: