Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOTE TO MTV--DUST OFF LODER-DO AN INTERVIEW
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOTE TO MTV--DUST OFF LODER-DO AN INTERVIEW  (Read 4179 times)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: August 15, 2006, 10:08:39 AM »

time is perfect for a nice ol skool sit down 1 hour interview between Axl and mTV/......MTV just did the exact same style interview with christina aguilera so it shows they actually still do interviews once in a blue moon....Axl is back in Cali chilling out, its time for a TV interview...get Loder or John Norris (who did the christina one) and let them ask Axl every question that needs to be asked and let him explain everything......its no secret that the best TV intervoew Axl ever did was with Loder outside his house by the pool in 1990.....he explained a lot of stuff then...well its time now...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:20:47 AM »

MTV doesn't exactly care about Guns N' Roses anymore.

And I don't exactly care about MTV anymore.

I'm sure if GNR puts out a video there will be interviews.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:46:47 AM »

time is perfect for a nice ol skool sit down 1 hour interview between Axl and mTV/......MTV just did the exact same style interview with christina aguilera so it shows they actually still do interviews once in a blue moon....Axl is back in Cali chilling out, its time for a TV interview...get Loder or John Norris (who did the christina one) and let them ask Axl every question that needs to be asked and let him explain everything......its no secret that the best TV intervoew Axl ever did was with Loder outside his house by the pool in 1990.....he explained a lot of stuff then...well its time now...

I don't like MTV now but was really amused by the title "dust off Loder" and actually got a visual of this!?I was more hoping they were gonna drag Adam Curry out of the Headbangers Ball archives with his spray painted hair to do it....

But alas, MTV doesn't even care about any real music anymore let alone GNR....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:48:25 AM by Bandita » Logged
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »

I realize that over the years MTV has completely altered it's persona and the days of the 'music video' are in their twilight. However, to make a comment like 'MTV doesn't care about GN'R' is utterly ridiculous. The station still relies on musical artists and pop culture to sell itself. Artists like Madonna, Michael Jackson, GN'R, Metallica, etc. will ALWAYS get attention from a station like MTV because these are the kinds of acts that not only have decades worth of a fan base, but are notorious and unpredictable (well...maybe not Metallica, come to think of it ?hihi ) in their own right.

The better question is, does GN'R really need MTV.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:56:04 AM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:57:22 AM »

Forget Loder...we need someone tougher...I'm thinking we need Axl on BBC news night...Jeremy Paxman wouldn't be afraid of asking the right questions!

Here today...ready to rock
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 11:02:06 AM »

The better question is, does GN'R really need MTV.

I really hope not because then I would have to sit through countless idiot shows to wait for news on my fav band....then again I could just come here..as usual.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »

Forget Loder...we need someone tougher...I'm thinking we need Axl on BBC news night...Jeremy Paxman wouldn't be afraid of asking the right questions!

Now that I would pay good money to see.? rofl

I'd also like to see him with that other Jeremy (Clarkson) on Top Gear - on the 'star in a reasonably priced car' segment, (or whatever they call it) - so he can put his driving skills to the test. ?That would be an interesting meeting of minds too, I think.? Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 11:05:29 AM »

As long as we're talking interviews, I think Axl should sit down with all of the U.S. Network Primetime interview/newsmagazine shows. ?He is good with words and would make for an interesting interview. ?Sounds a little Bono'ish, I know, but I think it would be great p.r. for him to sit down with Diane Sawyer (20/20), Stone Philips (NBC Dateline), and maybe Ed Bradley or Katie Couric (60 minutes). ?He could discuss the new album 10 years in the making, his relationship with the old band, and trying to rebuild Guns N' Roses to a World Power once again. ?I think it would legitimize his efforts to the skeptics in this country and portray him as a current figure instead of a has-been like many people here believe him to be. ?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:08:46 AM »

I'd love to see him sit down w/ the whole band and ask ALL the questions we'd want him to. At some point I'd love to see him drop some "Loder-isms" as well.... my all time favorite being "Self Proclaimed King of Pop, Michael Jackson"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 11:22:05 AM »

I'd love to see him sit down w/ the whole band and ask ALL the questions we'd want him to. At some point I'd love to see him drop some "Loder-isms" as well.... my all time favorite being "Self Proclaimed King of Pop, Michael Jackson"

Yea, what about the rest of the band? If an interview is to be done they should be involved as well so the casual fan who doesn't read boards has a clue who is actually in this band now.  This would be the ONLY way to get me to turn on MTV again....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »

Yea, what about the rest of the band? If an interview is to be done they should be involved as well so the casual fan who doesn't read boards has a clue who is actually in this band now.? This would be the ONLY way to get me to turn on MTV again....

Agreed. I also think it'd be a way for Axl to convey his actual confidence and support of these guys outside of the stage. From the Illusion era on, Axl didn't really do any interviews w/ anyone else in the band so it'd be cool for him to do that w/ these guys.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 01:23:56 PM »

i saw gnr like 3 times on the "most memorable vma moments" wit the o2 vmas today.  i guess they do care Huh

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »

MTV cares, they report the smallest bit of news guns related.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1538561/20060815/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true

They love Axl because he generates buzz, trust me, if they could get an interview they would do it.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 02:22:16 PM »

MTV is still good exposure, and can better tap the new gneration as does Kroq and the inland invasion. These are all good for GNR still.

As a personal geek kind of thing, I would love Axl to go on the Howard Stern show, as that would be the greatest interview.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 03:11:05 PM »

"dust of loder"
that is a funny image. id like to see him do an interview with axl.
i actually saw kurt loder walking outside of the mtv bulding in times square a couple of weeks ago. the weird thing was that the temperature was in the 90s and kurt was wearing a heavy leather jacket.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 05:22:26 PM »

MTV still supports artists that have a history with them..they continually support the Chili Peppers.....so i think if Axl put the word out he wanted an interview they would jump..............
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 05:28:16 PM »

The reason why MTV cares is because the 2002 VMA's (the one GnR played at) were the highest rated, ever.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »

I remember, maybe it was 2002, when Loder sat down with Bruce Springsteen and did an indepth interview.  I was really surprised at that because Bruce isn't exactly what the kids are listening to these days.  I bet Loder has contaced Axl in order to arrange something like this too.  Mtv or not, I think we'll get the interview we've been hoping for this year.
Elrothiel
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 05:59:32 PM »

Now that I would pay good money to see.  rofl

I'd also like to see him with that other Jeremy (Clarkson) on Top Gear - on the 'star in a reasonably priced car' segment, (or whatever they call it) - so he can put his driving skills to the test.  That would be an interesting meeting of minds too, I think.  Wink

YES!!! Oh my GOD I had the EXACT same thought the other day when I was watching Top Gear! My GOD that'd be so cool! The funniest thing would be I don't think I could really picture Axl Rose driving a Reasonably Priced Car... good GOD Jeremy give him that Bugatti Veyron you were so fond of! There's a car I can picture Axl driving!

... wonder what his time would be?
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 06:08:04 PM »

Who is this Jeremy Paxman guy?  Some hardcore journalist I guess?  I really don't have a preference to who interviews him.  I just want an indepth interview.  Maybe Mick Wall  hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: