Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain, amazing drummer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain, amazing drummer  (Read 11389 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2006, 10:28:26 AM »

Okay, thankx guys ok

I'm going after those interviews, never read them Tongue

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006, 10:30:28 AM »

Alright but I will ask this. Is Brain as good as the drummer for Tool? Because "amazing" is exactly my words when I heard the drums in 10,000 days. Brain is good. He is easily better then Adler and Matt . But is he as good as the drummer for Tool. Let's be honest hear. Oh, and I await the "Well, he is a different kind of drummer..." ?Roll Eyes

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006, 10:40:28 AM »

Alright but I will ask this. Is Brain as good as the drummer for Tool? Because "amazing" is exactly my words when I heard the drums in 10,000 days. Brain is good. He is easily better then Adler and Matt . But is he as good as the drummer for Tool. Let's be honest hear. Oh, and I await the "Well, he is a different kind of drummer..."  Roll Eyes

Brain is quite good but not nearly as good as him. Danny Carey is the best drummer that I know.

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2006, 02:00:46 PM »

What kind of Brain's joke are you guys reffering to ? I've never read about that ... Thankx !

I think they are refering to (sketchy on the details here so dont quote me) an email interview HTGTH conducted with him a few years ago. When asked if he'd still tour with GnR he replied "only if they pay me a bucket-load of money" or something.

"I gotta get paid." I think it was sp1at who did the interview. And saul did one as well.

As he states otherwise in serious long interviews for magazines, he was just chaffing.
You know the people who call the members "hired" guns.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »

I love brain,  he has even improved since the last tour and I thought he was very solid and impressive in NY shows.. I think he will really get a chance to shine on the album and I think he is the best drummer for Guns.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »

Alright but I will ask this. Is Brain as good as the drummer for Tool? Because "amazing" is exactly my words when I heard the drums in 10,000 days. Brain is good. He is easily better then Adler and Matt . But is he as good as the drummer for Tool. Let's be honest hear. Oh, and I await the "Well, he is a different kind of drummer..." ?Roll Eyes

Danny Carrey is probably the ?best drummer in rock or 2nd best (next to Neil Pert). The ?best drummer gnr ever had was Josh Freese. ?But Brain is the best drummer that will be on a gnr album. ?If you ever caught a live tool show and see Dannys drum solo, its jaw dropping and its not boring like sorums were. ?Brain is a great drummer but he is a step below Carrey or Pert.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2006, 04:03:58 PM »

Whatever, I think brain is cut out for GNR more than those drummers.

He's quite a character. Besides the groove and power in his drumming, he's got looks, a sick sense of humour and diligence.
ashlar
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2006, 04:37:52 PM »

I like brain's older stuff but nothing he has done with guns seems to wow me. he always seems so low in the mix to matter, even live i don't recall a single moment of brain at NYC but i do of every other member but pitman.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2006, 05:04:23 PM »

what is it with GNR drummers being compared to John fk'n Bonham, i really dont hear John in Brain at all!! no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2006, 05:05:11 PM »

Brain is an excellent drummer and I can't wait to hear his contributions to Chinese Democracy. ?drool I also think he is right up there with Josh Freese.
btw: Danny Carey is indeed an amazing drummer.

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2006, 05:11:03 PM »

what is it with GNR drummers being compared to John fk'n Bonham, i really dont hear John in Brain at all!! no

Its bc John is like the opus of all rock n roll drummers.  He's basically the benchmark.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »

I love Soundgarden era Matt Cameron, Bonham (an easy pick) and Dave Abburuzze. Those are the kind of drums Id like to hear on CD. Is Brain a better drummer than Matt Sorum (who is technically superb). Im not so sure?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

Brain was an awesome drummer when he was in Primus, I loved him, I thought he was one of the best drummers in the world, I also liked his work with bucket on monsters and robots....but with what I've heard he's done with GNR, it aint nothing compared to the brain of old...of course we won't really know what he's really done till the albums out and heard some studio work from him. But based on his work in Primus alone, he is one hell of a drummer. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
McDuff
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2006, 10:26:51 PM »

I wouldn't say Brain is an amazing drummer,I mean he plays well,but there are other drummers that are alot better than he is,but I'm a GN'R fan anyway and the drums are an important part of the band  beer
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2006, 11:16:36 PM »

Brain seems fine for this version of GNR, I'm not sure a hard hitting Grohl-esque type would fit the material.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2006, 12:52:19 AM »

Deez Nutz rofl
I like sarcasm. I like Brain, I like Saul. I don't like threads that turn to shit like this one (on page 1).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 12:54:17 AM by bigbri » Logged

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2006, 08:43:16 AM »

Brain was on FIRE May 12th when I was at the Hammerstein Ballroom...no doubts at all.

He was playing those songs like Axl had a gun to his head screaming: "Play motherfucker! PLAY!!!" hihi

What I dont get is, if Brain is the most talented and precise drummer Gn'R has ever had, why is his parts on the new songs we've heard so far so simplistic its almost funny...

I guess Im just waiting to hear some trade mark fills, or maybe Checkmate to change my impression of his parts on the new songs...

Checkmate sure sounds like it has drums in it... Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2006, 03:05:36 PM »

jeeze! next thing you know people are going to start complaining about brain's sexual orientation (gay)  Roll Eyes
chill....
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »

Brain was on FIRE May 12th when I was at the Hammerstein Ballroom...no doubts at all.

He was playing those songs like Axl had a gun to his head screaming: "Play motherfucker! PLAY!!!" hihi

What I dont get is, if Brain is the most talented and precise drummer Gn'R has ever had, why is his parts on the new songs we've heard so far so simplistic its almost funny...

I guess Im just waiting to hear some trade mark fills, or maybe Checkmate to change my impression of his parts on the new songs...

Checkmate sure sounds like it has drums in it... Wink
i think that he likes simple beats..
some of his drumming with primus is very simple..
but are very good..
you dont have to beat the shit out of the toms and use a double pedal to drum solidly

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2006, 03:21:38 PM »

I just watched Patience form RIR2006 and was impressed with Brain on the last part. Really cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: