Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Are we hearing the "better" side of Chinese Democracy?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we hearing the "better" side of Chinese Democracy?  (Read 5493 times)
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« on: August 13, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »

I know that this has probably been started before but i really wanna know!!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 10:13:32 AM »

who knows, I think twat or better are the better side while citr, cd or irs is the weaker side..
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 10:31:26 AM »

It's all a matter of personal opinions/tastes.

For me, The Blues, Maddy, Twat, Better and mostly IRS sounds already amazing wether live or demoed ...

Catcher ... I don't know yet ... Maybe I need to listen to the song a few more times, but it's not growing on me.

And I don't like Chinese Democracy (Title Track huh hihi)

So ... It's up to everybody.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 10:36:30 AM by Rourke? » Logged

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »

Theres a question everyone thinks they have an answer to.
Origen
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »

"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out." - Axl Roses, 2002.

But that was 4 years ago so he wasn't referring to Better/TWAT/IRS at the time, so who knows.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »

It's all a matter of personal opinions/tastes.

For me, The Blues, Maddy, Twat, Better and mostly IRS sounds already amazing wether live or demoed ...

Catcher ... I don't know yet ... Maybe I need to listen to the song a few more times, but it's not growing on me.

And I don't like Chinese Democracy (Title Track huh hihi)

So ... It's up to everybody.

even pop songs can grow on you eventually if you listen long enough.. If you listen to something a few time and it doesn't please you most likely any more trying is because you want to like it rather then like it...  How many songs that weren't axl rose related would you give that much effort into..? 3-4 listens, by then I move on if I don't like it..

I don't like cd either man, it's a weak effort, a song if done back in the day would be getting skipped..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 01:51:07 PM »

I think most of the songs would have fit perfectly on the Illusion albums.    peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 07:08:56 PM »

I think most of the songs would have fit perfectly on the Illusion albums.? ? peace

I agree lots of filler there Wink
TheMole
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 02:43:18 AM »

"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out." - Axl Roses, 2002.

But that was 4 years ago so he wasn't referring to Better/TWAT/IRS at the time, so who knows.

Yeah, everyone keeps talking about these mythical 3 albums worth of material. Well I think due to Silkworms', OMG's, Rhiad's, etc... lukewarm reception, they and similar industrial songs will get axed, and never see the light of day. I just hope they've got enough of the TWAT/Better/Blues alike songs up their sleeves to fill up a descent album.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 04:37:19 AM »

I think we'll hear a single soon. I like TWAT, Chinese Democracy, IRS, Madagascar and especially The Blues. The Blues will be the single. My opinion.

"...It don't really matter..."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

I hope not.  Grin

If we are.. I guess thats ok. I like the stuff anyways. But forget being "mythical" like CD should be

gnrevolution.com
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 01:06:12 PM »

Yeah, I've been saying this all along.  Nothing  has really changed from the demos.  They have stayed pretty much the same.  I think we heard the finished product, all they needed was some cleaning up.

To the Axl quote.....Uncle Axl proved himself to be an asshole!  hihi

3 albums hahahhahaa!  rofl

Mythical....forget about it....it's gonna be just like Stadium Arcadium, big hype and buildup, and then a couple of months it will all be over kiddies.
makane
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 04:08:42 PM »

Yeah, I've been saying this all along.? Nothing? has really changed from the demos.? They have stayed pretty much the same.? I think we heard the finished product, all they needed was some cleaning up.

To the Axl quote.....Uncle Axl proved himself to be an asshole!? hihi

3 albums hahahhahaa!? rofl

Mythical....forget about it....it's gonna be just like Stadium Arcadium, big hype and buildup, and then a couple of months it will all be over kiddies.
I guess it will pull a "fragile" (read meathead perspective for more information)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 04:40:03 PM »

I don't think these tunes are even close to being the best of what's going to be on this record.  I think we only got the 2006 leaks to prove to people that they haven't been sitting on their asses all of these years. It was just a little taste. You don't drop your best stuff on a taste.  I think there will be some sick epic tracks coming our way that will end up being some of the coolest stuff anyone's heard in awhile.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 05:06:07 PM »

If TWAT is not the better side, then I wonder what it is...
...Silkworms, maybe?? hihi
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 05:10:04 PM »

i love silkworms!!! i havent got into twat yet....probably because of the poor version i have of it!! Angry can anyone send me a good version?thanks Grin

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 05:34:10 PM »

Don't get me wrong. I love TWAT, but the Eminem drum loops and the " It was a long time for you " chorus are not particularly Highlights for me. Love the other chorus though and I think the Guitar playing is terrific.  I just don't think you can compare TWAT or any of the other newer tunes to something like Estranged. And I'm holding out hope, I guess, that there are comprable songs to Estranged about to be unleashed on us.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »

I guess we've heard at least half of the 'better side'. Last time I checked they mentioned that CD'll have 13 tracks. Axl's favourites (TWAT, Better, Blues) must be among the songs they consider as 'big guns'. According to Merck IRS isn't in their Top 10, but since they have like 32 songs in different stages, IRS has to be in the better half. As we know Madagascar will be on the record and Richard said that CITR and even Riyadh will be on it, too. The last two and CD are fillers, for sure. So we probably know 8 songs out of the 13 - 3 'big guns', 2 better songs and 3 fillers. The rest can be 3 other big guns (Prostitute?), 1 "better" and yet another filler.

It's only speculation. Wonder if they've finalized the tracklist or even completed the recordings.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 12:32:28 AM »

not to many people on this board klike catcher but i think the final version will kick ass

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 12:50:01 AM »

Hell the demo kicks most of the songs' ass.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: