Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:35:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl visit Cancer patients in London after tour
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl visit Cancer patients in London after tour  (Read 15801 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2006, 08:04:24 PM »

This is why I am a GNR fan! Axl  defintely made those kids VERY happy. It's very nice to read a story like this.Smiley
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

This has to be the most positive news for Guns N Roses in a very long time. Axl needs to have stories like this in the spot-light for the press. We all know and have heard the stories of Axl being one of the kindest, gentle people but the media likes to print the negative. Cancer is very scary and it takes a tool on those sick with the disease and also their familes. I'm very proud of Axl for taking the time to speak with the patients. We need more good news like this.
For this band to be successful again, not only do they need a kick ass album, a successful tours, and some kind hearted actions like this.

No Axl dont need that stories and he dont need to be compeared with other charity assholes. Axl just do what he do and like to do, no matter what he "need" to be popular in the media.
Can someone please translate this for me?HuhHuh
As to what your talking about Axl needs the media on his side. No matter what we as fans are going  to support this band through think or thin but we arnt the ones who are going to make then successful. The ordinary every day consumer are the ones who we will need the help from to  put this band back into the top. The best place to start is positive spin from the media and this story is a good start.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:27:13 PM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
pebbles
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2006, 08:38:37 PM »

wow this shows what a mighty good man he is. i love you axl  yes

Elrothiel
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2006, 09:32:16 PM »

wow this shows what a mighty good man he is. i love you axl yes

I second that! I love you too Axl!! yes love

« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 09:33:54 PM by SkynyrdGirl » Logged
ROSE22
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2006, 10:04:51 PM »

This has to be the most positive news for Guns N Roses in a very long time. Axl needs to have stories like this in the spot-light for the press. We all know and have heard the stories of Axl being one of the kindest, gentle people but the media likes to print the negative. Cancer is very scary and it takes a tool on those sick with the disease and also their familes. I'm very proud of Axl for taking the time to speak with the patients. We need more good news like this.
For this band to be successful again, not only do they need a kick ass album, a successful tours, and some kind hearted actions like this.

No Axl dont need that stories and he dont need to be compeared with other charity assholes. Axl just do what he do and like to do, no matter what he "need" to be popular in the media.
go to bed little child. you need your fuckin' sleep.  peace
Annie
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2006, 10:20:08 PM »

te author=Garry link=topic=34218.msg678003#msg678003 date=1155333651]
Is it just me, or did you guys feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you saw the pics of the smiling boys?
In 1970, my 10-year-old brother (who passed in 1973) was one of the kids that Joe Namath (American Football NY Jets quarterback) visited in the hospital.? I can tell youze from experience that the joy celebrities like Joe and Axl brings to these kids is something the families will be eternally grateful to them for.??Smiley

P.S.? The Jets were reigning Super Bowl Champs that year.? Grin
Thanks for sharing that beautiful story! Did you ever see the movie SOMETHING FOR JOEY? That movie inspired me to be  a pediatric nurse! The first cancer patient that I loved and lost was a liitle boy named Andrew. His mother said that one of the most exciting things to happen to her as a teenager was to meet Joe Namathe at Soldier Field. He wouldn't give her an autograph but he did give her a kiss and a photo with him.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2006, 11:56:51 PM »

Good goin' Axl.  Cheesy ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2006, 01:08:32 AM »

This RULES!!! Big props to Axl, that is a super cool thing to do!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2006, 02:21:29 AM »

Cheers to Axl for this....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »

I am very critical of Axl, but this was a great thing for him to do whether he was asked to do it or not. 

On a side note I always wondered how many times GNR (new and old especially) were requested by some child for the Make a Wish Foundation.  GNR were the biggest band in the world in the early nineties and I am sure some kids out there requested to meet GNR, Axl, Slash, etc.  Does anyone know if there are any stories about GNR and Make a Wish?  Its something I have always been curious about!
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2006, 02:39:48 PM »

indeed that was pretty cool, maybe someone used their miracle wish to have him come to the hospital
if axl came to visit me when i was in the hospital going thru that shit i woulda gone crazy with excitment, that woulda been the best  hihi
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2006, 05:11:48 PM »

Great Axl

But ,Axl is very inteligent person,and he have his own style and his own thoughts.
For example,ihave never heard Axl t otalked bad things about some nations,like nono stupid voks did!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2006, 07:01:58 PM »

Cancer also took away my grandma this last christmas....the woman raised me by herself and brought me up and was also my best friend....so my deepest thoughts go out to all that have lost someone from it.
Sounds like you're Grandma was a really cool lady!!!? Whether the person was my brother's age or snead hearn's sister's age or bill213's grandma's age, it's amazing what a profound influence they've made ... and are still making ... on lives of all the peoples they've touched.
This reminded me of that poll recently in a ELLE girl magazine where Grandparents were voted #1 coolest old people and Axl came in #2.? headbanger

Not that Axl is really that old or anything? Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

love axl's smile on the pic.. that's a real smile, not just for the cameras.. like the popstars today would have done. i think when popstars does things like this it's to make them more poular and their management told them to do it.. but axl prolly wanted to do this himself..

gotta love him  love
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2006, 09:56:21 PM »

And he's still essentially mocked in news for doing so:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2006, 10:10:49 PM »

who gives a f*ck what rollingstone says. he did a nice and good thing.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »

I hope right before they fire her for being such an asshole, Ms. Goodman's bosses tells her that those kids knew exactly who "that guy" was ... especially the kid wearing the AFD tee.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2006, 10:15:52 PM »

That Elizabeth Goodman is really annoying.

She even "confirmed" that false report about the roast lamb dinner.  confused
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2006, 11:43:53 PM »

This is ridiculous.  Everyone knows who Axl is, and if they don't know who Axl is, they know Welcome to the Jungle, because that song is iconic.  But good point about the t-shirt... like he said "I don't know who that guy was, but I'm wearing a GNR shirt." 
I have been critical of Axl's behavior before, but in this case, he can't win.  He does something nice, and the media makes him look a joke.  They want him to be a has-been so badly.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2006, 01:26:43 AM »

I think the Rolling Stone piece was tongue and cheek, and not meant to be negative.  They linked to a great story!  No need to overreact.  Most of the little jabs in the media are not as ill-natured as many here think--come to think of it, the media jabs at every celebrity.  This was very decent of Axl, and is not being panned by anyone.  Chill out folks--let the meeting be the news--and don't let a kind gesture become some sort of controversy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: