Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl visit Cancer patients in London after tour
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl visit Cancer patients in London after tour  (Read 15808 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 03:25:54 PM »

Wow. I had cancer and spent most of my teenage years in a hospital, and celebrities used to come in all the time, athletes, etc. but man alive, if Axl Rose had ever come in, that would've been the most amazing moment of my life. That's so cool...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006, 03:53:58 PM »

That's so awesome!

snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 04:52:23 PM »

Not to get too maudlin here, but I lost my sister to cancer in April of this year. She was a fellow GNR fan (we saw MSG NYC 2002 together-her only time seeing the band old or new). 35 years old.

She was diagnosed in 2001 with Stage 4 colorectal, but bless her soul, she beat a lot of odds to live as long as she did.

She's looking down on this and probably thinkin' "OH MAN!". I did play her "Better" and "IRS" when she was in the hospital. She really dug them! At least she got to hear some new stuff.

Hey, never be afraid to go get a check up. It's never too early to make sure. And never be afraid to lend a hand to someone with cancer who needs help. Yeah, being a caretaker can really suck sometimes. But try to be there as much as you can.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006, 05:15:44 PM »

so sorry snead hearn for you lost i'm sure she knocked heaven's door like a beautiful gnr angel  Smiley

and dear axl thanks for that beautiful gesture.  yes

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2006, 05:23:12 PM »

Wow I've been away for a week and come back to perhaps the most positive GNR news I've read on this board.  For Axl to do that was amazingly great considering his reclusive track record.  I couldn't be more proud of him.  Cancer also took away my grandma this last christmas....the woman raised me by herself and brought me up and was also my best friend....so my deepest thoughts go out to all that have lost someone from it. 

Now let's see how long it is before the press spins a negative spin on this story however. 

Kudos Axl....very humble of you  beer

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2006, 05:30:28 PM »

Not to get too maudlin here, but I lost my sister to cancer in April of this year. She was a fellow GNR fan (we saw MSG NYC 2002 together-her only time seeing the band old or new). 35 years old.

She was diagnosed in 2001 with Stage 4 colorectal, but bless her soul, she beat a lot of odds to live as long as she did.

She's looking down on this and probably thinkin' "OH MAN!". I did play her "Better" and "IRS" when she was in the hospital. She really dug them! At least she got to hear some new stuff.

Hey, never be afraid to go get a check up. It's never too early to make sure. And never be afraid to lend a hand to someone with cancer who needs help. Yeah, being a caretaker can really suck sometimes. But try to be there as much as you can.

Sorry about your sis.

Now you got me crying.? Cry

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2006, 05:31:30 PM »

lol god... here?s something I never thought Axl would do... what a great surprise! ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »

Sweet, Axl!!
xoxoxo
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
The General
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »

It took some of my relatives away too.
Lets support the cancer people next time they knock on our doors.
It could happen to you.

I dont think Axl did this just for the hype as all the trend stars do. I belive Axl would not be the one of the trendy assholes fighting for the 3 world etc. But onley one thing he cares for or has been expirenced. By the way, what was it Axl mother died off?

Its cool Axl.
axlsfury
Opening Act

Gonna bring you to your sha na na na na na knees

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2006, 05:46:30 PM »

My thoughts go out to you.  That is really nice that you shared the experience of GNR with your sister on such a close level.  You'll have that forever.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2006, 05:58:56 PM »

snead hearn  sorry to hear that. RIP to our fellow fan.

Only the head of one guy tells that these smiley guys are fighting the illness and the heavy side effects for their life. To everyone who has this illness, fight it off!

I've looked on Axl as essentially a man of heaps of heart. A warm guy rather than cool.
I'd say this is very much like him.

Thanks for posting, babydoll.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2006, 06:00:51 PM »

What a great thing to do.  I'm proud of you Axl, and so is GN'R Nation.

Is it just me, or did you guys feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you saw the pics of the smiling boys?

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2006, 06:31:26 PM »

Lets support the cancer people next time they knock on our doors.
I realize you said this with only the best possible intentions but unfortunately alot of these organizations do NOT use the money collected for the purposes they were intended for.? YOU HAVE TO BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU DONATE TO!!!? Any legit organization will have the breakdown on their website of what precentage of monies collected were actually used for patient care and/or research or for administrative fees, etc.

Is it just me, or did you guys feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you saw the pics of the smiling boys?
In 1970, my 10-year-old brother (who passed in 1973) was one of the kids that Joe Namath (American Football NY Jets quarterback) visited in the hospital.? I can tell youze from experience that the joy celebrities like Joe and Axl brings to these kids is something the families will be eternally grateful to them for.??Smiley

P.S.? The Jets were reigning Super Bowl Champs that year.? Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2006, 06:53:31 PM »

This has to be the most positive news for Guns N Roses in a very long time. Axl needs to have stories like this in the spot-light for the press. We all know and have heard the stories of Axl being one of the kindest, gentle people but the media likes to print the negative. Cancer is very scary and it takes a tool on those sick with the disease and also their familes. I'm very proud of Axl for taking the time to speak with the patients. We need more good news like this.
For this band to be successful again, not only do they need a kick ass album, a successful tours, and some kind hearted actions like this.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2006, 07:12:15 PM »

Axl? once again proves that he is without a doubt the coolest guy in rock n' roll right now(a year ago i wouldnt say "right now" but since he started to tour again etc. i think i can say it)....

that was very nice of him.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Bono
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2006, 07:28:15 PM »

This is an awesome thing for Axl to do and kudos to him for doing it. I think people fail to realies how much things like this mean to the people who are stuck in hospitals. In fact  think even if a complete stranger went in to chat it woudl amke their day. Obviously not to the same extent but you know what I mean.

What makes me laugh is the hugely overwhelming positive response from everyone here yet when it comes to Bono's never ending charity work or any celebrity's charity work for that matter, a huge amount(not all) of you think it's all for publicity.  This is damn awesome that Axl took the time to do this but wow would it ever be nice to have some consistency from the fans. peace
Annie
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2006, 07:39:57 PM »

What a great thing to do.? I'm proud of you Axl, and so is GN'R Nation.

Yes I did too.
Annie
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2006, 07:41:09 PM »

Sorry about your sis.

Now you got me crying.? Cry

I am sorry for your loss!
Andy-k
Headliner

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2006, 07:48:49 PM »

This has to be the most positive news for Guns N Roses in a very long time. Axl needs to have stories like this in the spot-light for the press. We all know and have heard the stories of Axl being one of the kindest, gentle people but the media likes to print the negative. Cancer is very scary and it takes a tool on those sick with the disease and also their familes. I'm very proud of Axl for taking the time to speak with the patients. We need more good news like this.
For this band to be successful again, not only do they need a kick ass album, a successful tours, and some kind hearted actions like this.

Maybe we should send an e-mail with this story to the newspapers? Shall we do that?

Guns N' Roses
The General
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »

No Axl dont need that stories and he dont need to be compeared with other charity assholes. Axl just do what he do and like to do, no matter what he "need" to be popular in the media.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: