Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Live like a suicide Sealed LP on ebay gotta love this...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live like a suicide Sealed LP on ebay gotta love this...  (Read 7680 times)
bombom
Headliner

« on: August 05, 2006, 03:33:48 PM »

Theres a sealed LP of live like a suicide on ebay right now with a reserve and a bit of blurb regarding it and the previous 2 suicide lps hes sold going for lots of Huh?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300014483380&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUK%3A1&rd=1

I mailed him and asked what his reserve price was and if he was interested in selling it privately, this was his response

"If I had to end the auction early to sell the record to you I would need $750.00 US. This truly is the last copy I have. I worked at Geffen Records when the album was released and had stashed away three copies. "

anyone notice anything odd about that comment? aside from the ridiculous price?

BomBom

The Devil Hates a Loser!

25/7/2006 - Birmingham
9/6/2006 - Dublin
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »

why they are not as reare as everyone thinks.

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 03:43:39 PM »

Considering it wasn't released by Geffen, but Uzi Suicide.... I would say he's lying  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
bombom
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 03:47:38 PM »

Considering it wasn't released by Geffen, but Uzi Suicide.... I would say he's lying  hihi

hehe yeah, exactly what i was thinkin!!!!

Gee Mister, you worked for geffen, im sooo impressed, but did you also work for Uzi Suicide too? no? LMAOOOOO

Perfect example of ppl tryin to be summat they aint eh?

makes you wonder if the lp is real or a copy doesnt it

BomBom

The Devil Hates a Loser!

25/7/2006 - Birmingham
9/6/2006 - Dublin
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 03:52:09 PM »

i seen alot of these lp's in the last few years it could be fake it is easy to boot those as is cd's. i used to work in a place called the record rack in washington pa before it closed the guy retired he has 5 sealed 1's back in 2001 so to me it is not rare.

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
wadey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 04:25:49 PM »

i thought geffen funded suicide but released it under the uzi suicide label?
so maybe hes not lying

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 04:28:39 PM »

I used to work at a label, and I got free stuff from other labels (including some bands' previous independent labels), so I think it's quite possible, and highly likely if this person was a DGC/GNR promoter.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 04:30:05 PM »

i always thought uzi suicide was a label that geffen / gnr made up for the sole purpose of releasing llas
sort of like testing the water before geffen put their name to the band

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »

The Uzi/Suicide logo is on EVERY GN'R release, so I'm thinking it's something along the lines of KoRn's Elementree label...? Never really thought about it though...? Huh

Will Chinese Democracy have the Uzi Suicide logo on it???   Huh  Huh
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 04:36:46 PM by WhatIsItMan » Logged

wadey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 04:38:45 PM »

good point, i think maybe pandora could shed some light on this geffen/suicide issue
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 04:49:12 PM by wadey9 » Logged

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 10:21:04 PM »

... Interesting issue. For what its worth, the Behind the Music doc made it seem like GNR's first Geffen release was AFD.

The guy is an asshole though if he seriously wants to charge that kind of money. He claims his last one sold for "a large amount". LOL.
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 02:56:11 AM »

I paid about $200 for a mint copy off of ebay (wasn't sealed though).  I just couldn't refuse a mint copy of this album.  But yeah, I don't think it's really that rare.  This album comes up on ebay quite often, although most times they aren't mint.  But if you have some patience and $200 just wait a bit and you can score a nice copy.

I tend to believe various things are more rare than LLAS.  Both Illusion albums seem harder to find in mint condition, and same with Live Era.  Certain versions of singles such as Jungle, It's So Easy, and Nightrain will fetch $100 and higher...pretty impressive considering we are talking about just a single.  Case in point:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mega-Rare-Guns-N-Roses-Nightrain-UNCUT-PICTURE-DISC_W0QQitemZ190013740432QQihZ009QQcategoryZ58657QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 03:06:22 AM by Fusion » Logged

a.k.a. KBear
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 07:56:36 AM »

"Live Like A Suicide" was "sponsored" by Geffen I guess. But recorded and everything else outside Geffen. Maybe Geffen saw this as a test if GNR would sell records...

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 09:54:56 AM »

Live Like A Suicide was bootlegged heavily on LP in like the mid 90's in Korea I believe and a good chunk of those are what are floating around on ebay claiming to be originals.  I had an original copy at one point and sold it for about $150 a few years ago.  I think there was a way to tell the bootlegs (maybe etching or something was funny with the sticker), but I'll try to find the link that had them compared.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 11:51:46 AM »

Uzi Suicide was a ghost label of Geffen Records. It wasn't an independant sub-entity.

Uzi Suicide = Geffen Records

And $750 = big-time rip-off

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 12:37:24 PM »

Live Like A Suicide was bootlegged heavily on LP in like the mid 90's in Korea I believe and a good chunk of those are what are floating around on ebay claiming to be originals.  I had an original copy at one point and sold it for about $150 a few years ago.  I think there was a way to tell the bootlegs (maybe etching or something was funny with the sticker), but I'll try to find the link that had them compared.

Yeah, I sorta suspect mine might be a fraud.  But it's really hard to tell.  If it is a fake then they have done a really great job.  It's almost like owning the real thing, and I'd be hard pressed to decide do I want an original that is in pretty rough shape, or a perfect duplicate that is in mint condition?  Cuz if it's a fake that sort of ruins it, but so does physical damage.  At least that's what I think.  Would be cool to see that link though, just to know for sure what I have.  peace

a.k.a. KBear
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 12:55:41 PM »

Uzi Suicide was a ghost label of Geffen Records. It wasn't an independant sub-entity.

Uzi Suicide = Geffen Records

And $750 = big-time rip-off

Yes, exactly this album was released by Geffen under the name Uzi Suicide.? It isn't really "live" either, but actually studio recorded so even though this is a collectable, the whole album is really sort of a farce.? I am perfectly happy for having it on my original "Lies" vinyl for this very reason.?

Axl, himself, calls it the most contrived POS ever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_%3F!*@_Like_a_Suicide
wadey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 01:02:53 PM »

so the answer is.........................YES ...the guy who claimed to have worked at geffen did obtain suicide from the record company as they did actually release it, sort of  Grin

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »

Live Like A Suicide was bootlegged heavily on LP in like the mid 90's in Korea I believe and a good chunk of those are what are floating around on ebay claiming to be originals.? I had an original copy at one point and sold it for about $150 a few years ago.? I think there was a way to tell the bootlegs (maybe etching or something was funny with the sticker), but I'll try to find the link that had them compared.

Yeah, I sorta suspect mine might be a fraud.? But it's really hard to tell.? If it is a fake then they have done a really great job.? It's almost like owning the real thing, and I'd be hard pressed to decide do I want an original that is in pretty rough shape, or a perfect duplicate that is in mint condition?? Cuz if it's a fake that sort of ruins it, but so does physical damage.? At least that's what I think.? Would be cool to see that link though, just to know for sure what I have.? peace

Yeah but if it's a fake you could have just bought Lies and had it without paying the extra $100+ for it if you did or not.  hihi

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 01:33:22 PM »

so the answer is.........................YES ...the guy who claimed to have worked at geffen did obtain suicide from the record company as they did actually release it, sort of? Grin

It's possible but anyone who would pay that kind of money for it is insane when the music itself is readily available.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: