Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Acoustic Show
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Acoustic Show  (Read 27549 times)
usk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 03:18:06 AM »

....I think they started playing at 4.15am ish.? Setlist i think was (correct me here Jarmo, I am very tired!)

You're Crazy? (wow wow wow!)
Mr Brownstone
Welcome to the jungle
I Used to Love her
Nightrain
Knockin' on heavens Door
Sweet Child O' Mine
I am Sailing (Rod cover again)
IRS
Paradise City

Great review babydolls.

I was one of the lucky as well, and even though I'm not Jarmo, I would make some comments on the setlist. I believe that it was like this:

You're Crazy
Mr. Brownstone
Patience
Welcome To The Jungle
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Sweet Child O' Mine
? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? (didn't knew the song....)
I Am Sailing
Nightrain
IRS
Paradise City

What else can I say. The biggest night in my life ever. Came all the way from Denmark to see the 2 Wembley shows, and then getting to experience this as well... Now I can die a happy man...? peace

And finally....? Didn't anyone get a picture of Axl and Bach sharing that joint! A won't a picture of that? smoking
bobblehat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 04:51:08 AM »

So we got in (after complications with the passes - absolutely no plus 1 - had to get another pass for my husband, which happily I managed with the help of my good friend Steve (THANK YOU FOREVER).  And we were in.

Great review and I'm glad it all went well! Axl did say it was a +1 and "anyone else you have in your group" but when it got to the point of collecting the envelope with the pass, GNR's security said it was a +1 only. Then when we got to the Cuckoo club the same security man said "one pass, one person" and that there were no +1's allowed. My friend and I waited back a bit and spoke to the man on the door (the short Brazilian looking one - people said he was Beta's son but I don't know if that's true) and he said "don't worry, I'll get you in" and ushered us through. HE WAS A GODSEND! If he reads this, thank you so much. Because of having to wait around I saw Axl arrive and he was posing for the paparazzi for a while. He was onstage within a few minutes of arriving.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 06:35:30 AM »

This is the setlist... I wrote it down in order to actually remember it!  Grin

You're Crazy, Mr. Brownstone, Used To Love Her, Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sway [The Rolling Stones cover], Sailing [Rod Stewart cover], Nightrain, IRS, Paradise City

I got in because I was in the right place at the exact right time. I guess it's called luck....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 06:38:28 AM »

Musta been an awesome expierience~! NICE!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2006, 06:39:19 AM »

I got in because I was in the right place at the exact right time. I guess it's called luck....

Exactly why I didn't get in or even know about the show.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2006, 06:40:31 AM »

Thanks for your pics Leila - they are absoutely great! a fantastic reminder. ?good one Bobblehat and usk as well - thats so cool. ?Yep - it was a real shame that some people there with passes didnt get in coz of the +1 thing

am still on cloud 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? peace

Laughed a lot as NME cocked up again with their reporting that it was at Koko in camden (with their brag about it being NME's home) - I hope those journos actually went there instead of Cuckoo. No wonder they dont have the set list!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2006, 07:32:45 AM »

WOW! Quite a few HTGTH members with so much luck!! Surprise show my ass! hihi hihi hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2006, 07:35:32 AM »

glad to hear you guys had a great time!! hopefully he does some stuff like that more often, as long as he doesn't blow out his voice hihi
Olorin
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2006, 08:00:18 AM »

Some scary pictures in there. Axl looks sky high in most of them, no wonder he was knackered the next night.
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »

/jarmo

The same for me....
It was an incredible night!After the show we met 2 guys which knew that the party was at Cuckoo(thanks forever!!).So we went there,but obviously we couldn't enter without pass..but..life and destiny are strange...and a man of gnr staff saw me and my friend and told us that we could get in..I can't believe it yet...
I know...too much Axl pics..I love the band..but..he's the man that shocked my life when I was 13..and after 17 years he was in front of me,for the first (and maybe for the last..) time in my life...and my photocamera couldn't stop to take picture of him..
I know that I have been very very lucky!....It has been the most incredible and unforgettable present for my july 30 birthday!!
Like a dream...

Ps : sorry for my english.. Tongue

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2006, 09:05:23 AM »

..well..I think that I have write badly? Tongue ...it has been my 30 years old birthday present (i was born the 14 of july..)..sorry.. Undecided

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2006, 09:06:56 AM »

I'm happy for you. Smiley It's nice that some people in this world are that lucky.

Unfortunately I'm not one of them and I'm bummed out I missed the show even though I was not very far, but anyway, "c'est la vie".

miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »

haha, thanks for that u reminded me of a few things i forgot!

was truly the most incredible experience of my life being there....  love

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006, 10:40:11 AM »

Not to put a dampner on this but 2 questions:

How the fuck did Axl know the names of people who were coming to the gig.

and it seems like all the people who got in (from boards) were females.

Fish
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

Fish

When you buy the tickets, you have to give them your name and address for the delivery.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2006, 10:47:48 AM »

Fish

When you buy the tickets, you have to give them your name and address for the delivery.

so let me get this right, axl randomly looked at the list of people who bought tickets and picked names and let them in..this seems like bullshit, I bet mosltly fit groupies were let in.. all the reviews ive seen are from girls.

fish
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2006, 10:52:55 AM »

Well, it does seem that mostly girls got in, including the one who won the thing to CA. I don't think it was Axl who picked the winners, and I wonder how the selection was made.
bobblehat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »

Lots of people from section S8 were chosen for some unknown reason. During the Wembley gig, I commented to my friend that he kept staring over at our block which was weird in itself. I travelled to Cuckoo with about 8 other winners (and their friends) and they also were in S8 and had bought their tickets on the Wednesday or Thursday prior to the show. I noticed that nearly all the names were female but one Asian boy also won, but maybe his name sounded feminine to Axl? hihi

Anyone that travelled to the Cuckoo show on the N18 bus please PM me - it'd be great to have a chat!

Olorin
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2006, 11:52:18 AM »

Awsome review, sounds like you had the time of your life ok

Man I'm jealous Grin
stezmacc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »

Thanks for sharing the reviews and pics, you lucky people, must have been an amazing experience? WTTJ acoustic eh? would have loved to have heard that.

What I Thouht was beautiful, don't live inside of you....anymore
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: