Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Might Sebastian Bach Have a Guest Spot on CD?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Might Sebastian Bach Have a Guest Spot on CD?  (Read 4261 times)
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

we don't need bach on te cd....probably Izzy on the next?
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 03:13:12 PM »

Yeah great man, Baz rules, 18 and life, wasted time skid row ruled back then? ,seen them 2 times back in 1994/1995 or something , can't remember exactly, but baz is cool and he saved axl ass on th 30th in wembley, but baz on the second album in 2007/2008? is also allright with me.? peace

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »

If someone thinks Bach is only a "Hair metal singer" only knows songs like "Sweet Little Sister" and "Rattlesnake Shake", instead of really great songs like "Slave to the Grind", "Mudkicker", "Bonehead" and "Beat Yourself Blind"...and I'm only talking about Skid Row here...if you listen to the version of "Children of the damned" with Sebastian you will think: "Who's Bruce Dickinson?!?" Wink

But there's no way Bach would do a special performance on Chinese Democracy, it's easier to wonder if Axl will do a speical performance on Angel Down...

Please:
No Bach !!
No synthesized voice !!

Just Axl

Bach sings better than Axl... ok

KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 04:31:48 PM »

Sebastian Bach sounds like a child dying in a plane crash. No that'd be much nicer. I think technically he doesn't actually sing. Lets hope not. Thank god he didn't show at Manchester.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »

Sebastian Bach sounds like a child dying in a plane crash. No that'd be much nicer. I think technically he doesn't actually sing. Lets hope not. Thank god he didn't show at Manchester.

And Axl Rose is what? The new Pavarotti? Roll Eyes

KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2006, 07:03:13 PM »

Axl has a voice with unbelievable range. Truly one of the all time memorable rock vocalists. Sebastian Bach is a bad impression of a cliche wrapped in a cheese sandwich on the set of Spinal Tap. I think the guy is very nice. Musically, an absolute disgrace. But a nice guy. Now if we were talkin' Thom Yorke? Better.
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2006, 05:14:20 AM »

Bach will not be on Chinese Democracy. He hadn't talked with Axl in many years befor they hooked up at that radio-show.

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 06:43:08 AM »

Axl has a voice with unbelievable range. Truly one of the all time memorable rock vocalists. Sebastian Bach is a bad impression of a cliche wrapped in a cheese sandwich on the set of Spinal Tap. I think the guy is very nice. Musically, an absolute disgrace. But a nice guy. Now if we were talkin' Thom Yorke? Better.

Actually, most musicians from the same community as Sebastian (fellow musicians,producers, agents, PR people, ex-band members and so on..) say the opposite: That he is not a nice guy, but that he can sing as hell  Huh But I dont know him, but as a musician: I think he is a king on the mic!! And to the dude saying something about Seb being just a hair metal singer from the 80's ...  Dude, you mean the same that Axl did when he started out..?   rofl  They're both from the same area, timeframe, and rock genre dude! I love his singing, he is in one of my top 3 lists of greatest singers, but that's just my opinion..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 07:24:22 AM »

Actually, most musicians from the same community as Sebastian (fellow musicians,producers, agents, PR people, ex-band members and so on..) say the opposite: That he is not a nice guy, but that he can sing as hell  Huh But I dont know him, but as a musician: I think he is a king on the mic!! And to the dude saying something about Seb being just a hair metal singer from the 80's ...  Dude, you mean the same that Axl did when he started out..?   rofl  They're both from the same area, timeframe, and rock genre dude! I love his singing, he is in one of my top 3 lists of greatest singers, but that's just my opinion..

Well, I know Sebastian Bach - I worked for him last year - and he is the niccest guy ever! He wasn't rude with anyone while he was here in Brazil. Everyone that I have talked with that claims to had talked with him someday says the same: he is a very kind guy. Richard Fortus said that. Ron Thal said that.

He is a very nice guy, no doubt about it!

No. Axl Rose doesn't have a better range than Sebastian has. Axl just screams the higher notes. He can't sing the higher notes without a scream or a falssetto. Sebastian Bach screams high notes? Yes. But only when the song needs a scream, because he can reach those notes without scream, and that's because Sebastian Bach studied Lyric Sing for more than 6 years.

If you show "Slave to the Grind" and "Appetite for Destruction" to a good and serious Singing Teacher, he/she will say: "The guy from the first record is better.", and I'm sorry my friend, but you can't deny this! If you have, ever, had singing lessons with a good teacher(like I do) you will know that Sebastian Bach is a better singer than Axl Rose. It's like math: you can't say that 1 + 1 = 3 just because you want.

You can say that: "You like Axl's voice better than Sebastian's", or that you think that Axl's voice is more "cool", but you can't say that Bach is a bad singer just because you don't like him. That's just a childish and stupid attitude from someone who doesn't know crap about singing techniques.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 07:26:09 AM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 09:30:58 AM »

Sebastian has one of the greatest metal voices ever. Just an unbelievable talent, truly. And he can actually pull that shit off live too, the really high stuff, unlike, ahem, someone else we know. (sorry Axl)

robots.
TheMole
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »

Well, I know Sebastian Bach - I worked for him last year - and he is the niccest guy ever! He wasn't rude with anyone while he was here in Brazil. Everyone that I have talked with that claims to had talked with him someday says the same: he is a very kind guy. Richard Fortus said that. Ron Thal said that.

No. Axl Rose doesn't have a better range than Sebastian has. Axl just screams the higher notes. He can't sing the higher notes without a scream or a falssetto. Sebastian Bach screams high notes? Yes. But only when the song needs a scream, because he can reach those notes without scream, and that's because Sebastian Bach studied Lyric Sing for more than 6 years.

If you show "Slave to the Grind" and "Appetite for Destruction" to a good and serious Singing Teacher, he/she will say: "The guy from the first record is better.", and I'm sorry my friend, but you can't deny this! If you have, ever, had singing lessons with a good teacher(like I do) you will know that Sebastian Bach is a better singer than Axl Rose. It's like math: you can't say that 1 + 1 = 3 just because you want.

You can say that: "You like Axl's voice better than Sebastian's", or that you think that Axl's voice is more "cool", but you can't say that Bach is a bad singer just because you don't like him. That's just a childish and stupid attitude from someone who doesn't know crap about singing techniques.

Amen to that. Personally, I think Axl sounds 'cooler', but can confirm basically everything you said.
And might I address something you failed to mention in your rebutal: Thom Yorke sucks big floppy donkey dick...
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »

Hell No. Baz is a nice guy, but he's a 80's hair band singer at the end of the day, and it would be pretty lame if he were on Chinese Democracy.

I don't agree. Skid Row is a very underrated band. Slave to the Grind was a great album and in my opinion Subhuman Race was just fantastic. One just has to listen yo Breakdown, Beat Yourself Blind, My ennemy amongst others to realise that Subhuman Race was horribly underrated. Skid Row was not an 80's hair band. Their 1st album might have been that way but the 2 albums that followed were great.

i totally agree. skid row wasn't hair metal. great band - subhuman race is awesome. the first 2 albuns are true classics.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 10:06:53 AM »

Amen to that. Personally, I think Axl sounds 'cooler', but can confirm basically everything you said.
And might I address something you failed to mention in your rebutal: Thom Yorke sucks big floppy donkey dick...

Well, I don't know who this Thom Yorke fella is so...

TheMole
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »

Radiohead's lead singer/songwriter...
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 10:35:32 AM »

Radiohead's lead singer/songwriter...

Oh yeah, he sucks!!! ok

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2006, 03:04:20 PM »

Hell No. Baz is a nice guy, but he's a 80's hair band singer at the end of the day, and it would be pretty lame if he were on Chinese Democracy.

I don't agree.? Skid Row is a very underrated band.? Slave to the Grind was a great album and in my opinion Subhuman Race was just fantastic.? One just has to listen yo Breakdown, Beat Yourself Blind, My ennemy amongst others to realise that Subhuman Race was horribly underrated.? Skid Row was not an 80's hair band.? Their 1st album might have been that way but the 2 albums that followed were great.?

Breakin' Down? Wink

Bach is great, I'd welcome him guesting on future GN'R albums, but for God's sake, release CD without recording/rerecording parts of it! I'm 100% sure that Bach hasn't done anything with Nu-GN'R in the studio.

Breakin' Down is a killer song, even if it's one of the most over-used chord progressions in the history of rock.  As for the topic, that last thing GnR needs is a slew of guest-spots like the UYI tracks...they need to first re-establish themselves as a modern rock force, in my opinion.  Then they can invite friends to play...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: