Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many times have you seen GN'R?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many times have you seen GN'R?  (Read 19955 times)
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2006, 06:06:31 PM »

only 3 times with new line up!!

give my right arm 4 the old line up!!

ok

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2006, 06:09:11 PM »

I need to ask you this question: What are the differencies between the old shows (old band) and the new ones (new band)?
Could you tell precisely, with details, the way you felt between going to see the old band and the new band? what are the major diferencies? What were the best shows? old band shows? new band shows? and what about each band? (chemistry, exitation, feeling, energy etc...).

Man...I have never see the "new" GNR live. That is why I am so psyched for Las Vegas. I had a ticket to see them when they were going to finish there tour in L.A. in January 2003...but yea, that never happened.

The worst show of the 4, would be the Metallica/GNR one at the colliseum. The crowd was being very odd. All quiet and shit. Axl was really fucking pissed. He stopped the band from playing. He said something like, "What, are you all too fucking stoned or something? I am sorry, didnt realize we had so many Jewish fans, and we shouldnt have played before a jewish holiday." I think it was right before rosh hoshana or that yom kippor. They didnt play very long at all, and Axl was just pissed and wanted the fuck out. But they sure as shit made up for it at the Rose Bowl (I think it was the next day). Played over 3 horus and Axl said Fuck the curfew, I don't want to go home yet. JUst awesome.

The forum was like that too, where they played over 3 hours, and Axl completely lost his voice and didnt give a fuck...that was one of the most raw rock shows ever. He avoided a near riot too. The energy there was amazing. Got home when the sun came up.

The chemistry was obviously awesome. They were a brotherhood. That was there music. And they were the kings of the fucking world. There was GNR and there was everyone else. I am not just talking musically. They were the kings of the industry. And it was great. Axl's headband, kilt and all. Good times. Best shows I ever seen and I have seen a lot of different kinds of concerts.

I cant wait to see the next level.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2006, 06:16:25 PM »

17 times since 87 and 3 times at Hammerstein Ballroom.

jesus how lucky are you!!!

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2006, 06:32:29 PM »

i've seen them only once =( but it was magical ^.^ and obv the new line up since i'm only 16 lol but i cant count the amount of times i've wished for a time machine so i can go back and watch the old guns' =(

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2006, 06:41:12 PM »

I need to ask you this question: What are the differencies between the old shows (old band) and the new ones (new band)?
Could you tell precisely, with details, the way you felt between going to see the old band and the new band? what are the major diferencies? What were the best shows? old band shows? new band shows? and what about each band? (chemistry, exitation, feeling, energy etc...).

Man...I have never see the "new" GNR live. That is why I am so psyched for Las Vegas. I had a ticket to see them when they were going to finish there tour in L.A. in January 2003...but yea, that never happened.

The worst show of the 4, would be the Metallica/GNR one at the colliseum. The crowd was being very odd. All quiet and shit. Axl was really fucking pissed. He stopped the band from playing. He said something like, "What, are you all too fucking stoned or something? I am sorry, didnt realize we had so many Jewish fans, and we shouldnt have played before a jewish holiday." I think it was right before rosh hoshana or that yom kippor. They didnt play very long at all, and Axl was just pissed and wanted the fuck out. But they sure as shit made up for it at the Rose Bowl (I think it was the next day). Played over 3 horus and Axl said Fuck the curfew, I don't want to go home yet. JUst awesome.

The forum was like that too, where they played over 3 hours, and Axl completely lost his voice and didnt give a fuck...that was one of the most raw rock shows ever. He avoided a near riot too. The energy there was amazing. Got home when the sun came up.

The chemistry was obviously awesome. They were a brotherhood. That was there music. And they were the kings of the fucking world. There was GNR and there was everyone else. I am not just talking musically. They were the kings of the industry. And it was great. Axl's headband, kilt and all. Good times. Best shows I ever seen and I have seen a lot of different kinds of concerts.

Thanks for that review. You are psyched because you want to see the new band (I saw them), and I'm psyched because I didn"t see the old one hihi
I saw the new band in Paris. it was good. Could have been "great" without all those boring solos (exept Fortus, he did a blues/rock/jazzy guitar solo, fantastic), but anyway, musically they were awesome and they all seem to enjoy the show. However, I would give almost everything to se Axl, Slash and Duff together again... man... Axl, Slash and Duff...wow. I didn't see them back in the days, too young. This is my biggest regret Cry
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 06:42:51 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
tommay
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2006, 07:52:34 PM »

12 times this summer and london 2002  peace
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2006, 09:03:49 PM »

well i ve seen them

24-5-1993? Athens - Olympic Stadium
29-6-1993? Modena - Modena Stadio
10-7-2006 Athens - Rockwave Festival

Best times of my life.... ok

hey was you the crash diet i had the briefest of hellos with in Rockwave im the guy from England standing with Christos under the big tree? hihi If not hello anyway Wink

well, it took me a while to reply to that, but.... Grin Grin Grin

yeah, that was me.... ok  i saw you as i entered the place, and i didnt see christos (who was right next to you!)  Grin Grin Grin so i called chris on his cell phone not realizing that i was only a few feet away from him  and he was like "?re you blind man? i m next to you" !!!! christos said that you are "anythingoes"but i had already guessed that cause i read all your posts about ravelling to greece hihi hope you had a great time !

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2006, 09:14:14 PM »

Just once, the 17th of July (1993) at the River Plate Stadium.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
SLCPUNK
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2006, 09:19:13 PM »

SLC around 91sh (can not remember)

LV
Boise
NYC

pebbles
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2006, 10:32:27 PM »

only seen them once at hammerstein on the 15th, but hope i get to see em on this tour if he comes close enough
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2006, 11:07:07 PM »

a big fat ZERO, but I hope to change that very soon, like on September 23rd...

T.T.
?.?.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2006, 12:33:40 AM »

Thanks for that review. You are psyched because you want to see the new band (I saw them), and I'm psyched because I didn"t see the old one hihi
I saw the new band in Paris. it was good. Could have been "great" without all those boring solos (exept Fortus, he did a blues/rock/jazzy guitar solo, fantastic), but anyway, musically they were awesome and they all seem to enjoy the show. However, I would give almost everything to se Axl, Slash and Duff together again... man... Axl, Slash and Duff...wow. I didn't see them back in the days, too young. This is my biggest regret Cry

Yea that is a trip. But you know what man? Its actually really cool that there is this new GNR. Its a different time then it was then. May sound weird but I am glad things are the way they are with GNR. I don't think GNR would be as cool in todays age with the old lineup. On the flip side, I am not sure this GNR would have created the explosion the old lineup did. That was the perfect group for that time. A lot of older groups just can't break through to newer gens. They try and are fake as hell for that. Metallica maybe is the exception but that is a different argument. GNR with this lineup just seems right today. And it will be clearer when their music is out there.

I really am dying to see GNR on the 16th. It will be like the circle is complete. The memories of seeing the original lineup is strong...and it will forever be that control group for which this will be judged. There was an energy there that was ridiculously cool. The dvd for GNR in RAR is great. I have to tell you. Axl seems really happy. I dont remember him ever being this happy when I saw GNR back in the day.

A rantless Axl Rose...never thought Id see it. But there is something so cool about how happy he looks now. He just seems to be having fun now, and its contageous.

Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2006, 12:46:50 AM »

I'm going to see them on the 16th...hopefully...

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2006, 01:36:41 AM »

Oh I'm sure he has a bunch of rants left in him, he just chooses not to unleash them.

I can't wait to read your review of the first Vegas  show and hopefully meet you in Vegas as well!

so it looks like i have at least 2 more shows coming up.. bring it on Guns!!!!!

Yea that is a trip. But you know what man? Its actually really cool that there is this new GNR. Its a different time then it was then. May sound weird but I am glad things are the way they are with GNR. I don't think GNR would be as cool in todays age with the old lineup. On the flip side, I am not sure this GNR would have created the explosion the old lineup did. That was the perfect group for that time. A lot of older groups just can't break through to newer gens. They try and are fake as hell for that. Metallica maybe is the exception but that is a different argument. GNR with this lineup just seems right today. And it will be clearer when their music is out there.

I really am dying to see GNR on the 16th. It will be like the circle is complete. The memories of seeing the original lineup is strong...and it will forever be that control group for which this will be judged. There was an energy there that was ridiculously cool. The dvd for GNR in RAR is great. I have to tell you. Axl seems really happy. I dont remember him ever being this happy when I saw GNR back in the day.

A rantless Axl Rose...never thought Id see it. But there is something so cool about how happy he looks now. He just seems to be having fun now, and its contageous.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2006, 02:20:43 AM »

I really hope that this all works out and we all have our tickets for the 16th, and we can all meet up. Meet up at the Rainbow there or this German Beer place I am hearing about. Man that day can be so fucking cool.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2006, 03:16:03 AM »

23 times! 18 with the old band and 5 with the new band! Its safe to say that this band have taken up a pretty big part pf my life! I love the new band as much as the old,  now as well!! My highlights were Wembley 92, Milton Keynes 93, Paris 92, Dublin 92, Hammersmith & Wembley 06! The one place I really want to see the band play is the USA so maybe I will have to get a plane ticket for this year!! Mike

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2006, 03:20:09 AM »

Mike I suggest you do so, and love to meet up with hard core gunners at all points fro the globe!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2006, 03:21:37 AM »

Hello mate! I may well just do that! I'll stay in touch! Take it easy! Mike

Alina
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2006, 04:51:50 AM »

I'm so sad  crying crying I'm 16 and I didnt see the old line up live .
And I couldn't have opportunity to see the new band this year
couse I dont have mony to fly to eorupe  Cry

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2006, 05:57:51 AM »

docklands, London 02
Hammersmith, london 06
Download festival Donington, Derby 06
Wembley 1, london 06
Cuckoo club, london 06
Wembley 2, london 06

was supposed to be going to Freddie Tribute gig back in the day - but I got grounded   no  (forgiveness for this is still hard..)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: