Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:57:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Izzy On Tour - Implications
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy On Tour - Implications  (Read 3033 times)
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« on: July 31, 2006, 09:18:35 AM »

I've been surprised at everyone's silence at the greater implications of Izzy being back in the fold with the band. What is going on here?

In particular, it is a know fact that Izzy sent Axl a Cds worth of demo songs a couple of years back with song ideas which he thought would particularly suit Guns N Roses. But Axl didn't get back to him - instead izzy got a call from the band's lawyers asking him to sign over the songs! Obviously, Izzy politely told them to go and fuck themselves.

So, now that he's back on side, what does this mean? Do you think there will be any Izzy songs or collaberations on Chinese Democracy, or more likely, future records?

Also, remember - Izzy wrote a load of songs with Slash and Duff which Scott Weiland rejected because he's so insecure about the whole Guns N Roses legacy. Slash described these sessions as the great Guns N Roses album that was never made. So..... what happens to these songs now?

Some interesting possibilities here, I think. I know theres already, like, a 3 album backlog, but I think artistically, the future looks really prmising for the band.  And maybe if they can even polish up one of these Izzy songs quickly enough to get it onto Chinese Democracy, the publicity would be excellent. and the presence of an old-school Guns type song would also help the transition.

Your thoughts.....?
bitch_slap_rappin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 09:26:55 AM »

I'm not so sure that Izzy wants to become a full band member again, and also that would mean that someone else leave which would be a bit disrespectful. But that doesn't rule out the possibility for Izzy to write songs with Axl, perform in studio and play them live whenever he's touring with the band.

Can't see him joining VR either, so if the songs he wrote with Slash n Duff are gonna be heard it would have to be through another project.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 09:33:16 AM »

I wouldn't hold my breath for them polishing off those Izzy songs for Chinese Democracy, they've not been working at breakneck speed so far on that record, why would that change now?

It is, as you say, more likely that Izzy will work with GnR in the future, though four guitarists may seem a little excessive.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:34:34 AM »

Well, I don't think so. Izzy doesn't want to be a full-time touring band member - thats true. But whats stopping him just doing what hes doing now - turning up now and again to join in on a few songs - no pressure at all.

But ?more importantly, maybe he could also contribute by helping with ?the songwriting process on CD and other upcoming albums? You know - behind the scenes stuff. I just think this looks to be the way things are heading. Which is definitely a good thing.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 09:39:57 AM »

i think Izzys implication with the new GNR doesnt go as further as doing a few songs on  stage with them. i also think he is promoting himself, probably the new album or the 4 album release in I Tunes.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 10:07:08 AM »

Axl and Izzy are old buds and thats as good as blood. Axl will use what he can and Izzy knows that as far as Izzy in the band its the way it is..... take for what it is... its all good... Smiley

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:37:55 AM »

I think that Izzy is just out having a great time and that is all there is to it.

Alltough it would be amazing if he would to be involvee in the songwriting, like some kind of a behind the scenes guy, on the other hand I think he will carry on with his own music and pop up with gnr when he feels like it.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 10:54:48 AM »

Was anyone else who was there last night as amazed as I was at the chemistry he seemed to share with the band?? Even after Axl dissapeared.

He introduced a Richard solo during You Gotta Move and just seemed really happy and comfortable with the band up there. It was awesome to see. I mean, I thought he looked like he was having a laugh at Donnington too but he seemed like a proper part of the band last night.

Maybe there are implications....who knows.

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 11:15:31 AM »

Izzy will travel alone, thats what I think
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 11:22:55 AM »

I sincerely hope that Izzy is invited and accepts an invitation to join the band  on the US Tour.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 11:27:43 AM »

I think izzy's role in the band will be sort of like a West Arkeen kind of thing.   And of course he'll always be welcome on that stage.   Knowing the way Izzy is, he would probably prefer it this way.  smoking
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 11:43:54 AM »

Personally, I that Izzy's involvement signifies a few things - that he and Axl are on good terms again, that he's out there enjoying himself, and that he essentially gives his approval to the current GnR, something that Slash & Co. are unlikely to do.

If it turns out to be anything more than that, I'll be thrilled, but in the meantime, it's enough.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 11:44:36 AM »

The more informal the situation remains, the more likely we are to see Izzy pop up every now and again...Let's keep this thing right where it is.
Evolution
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:46:10 AM »

I think it's nothing more than a blessing and a chance to have some fun again.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 12:27:56 PM »

I bet you, Izzy thinks "Better" is the fuckin' bombdiggity-fresh Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 12:54:56 PM »

I bet you, Izzy thinks "Better" is the fuckin' bombdiggity-fresh Smiley

I bet he does...How could he not? LOL
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »

Im sure he wont be a full member, even with his writing skills he cant use 4 guitar players and I cant see him losing fortus/finck and a speed player whether that be bumble.

But im sure he bounces ideas and tracks off Izzy..they were a force and Rose knows how good Izzy was!!

Fish
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 07:16:12 PM »

Izzy probably still give Axl a hard time for originally wanting to replace him with Dave Navarro way back when he first left.  hihi
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »

Regardless of what it signifies, it is a good thing for all concerned. It lends cred to Axls project and bodes well for any future collaborations (whatever shape they may take)

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
fr8train
Opening Act

G n f R

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 10:18:49 AM »

I just think that it is an amazing turn of events for guns fans. This was never even dreamed of a few months back. I think eventually they will all colloborate again (Izzy Axl Slash Duff).
 If they do not then it was never meant to be. But enough speculation. I can't wait to get my hands on CD.

20+ yrs of R&R
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: