Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  kurt cobain murdered?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: kurt cobain murdered?  (Read 15171 times)
MCT
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2006, 11:44:08 PM »

What's my new name?

It's not Smelly Turtle... that's mine Angry

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »

Didn't he have a HUGE dose of heroin in him that rendered it impossible to pick up a gun and shoot himself

That is one of the main arguments in the "Kurt was murdered" theory but experts have said a junkie like Kurt would have built a tolerance to the heroin. So it is possible he could have used  the gun.

I used to think he was murdered but now I think he killed himself.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »

experts have said a junkie like Kurt would have built a tolerance to the heroin.
Thanks for calling me an expert. rofl

Elrothiel
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2006, 02:08:11 PM »

Didn't he have a HUGE dose of heroin in him that rendered it impossible to pick up a gun and shoot himself

That is one of the main arguments in the "Kurt was murdered" theory but experts have said a junkie like Kurt would have built a tolerance to the heroin. So it is possible he could have used the gun.

I used to think he was murdered but now I think he killed himself.

He may have built a tolerance to the heroin, but not enough to be able to operate a gun... especially one that he was said to have used... he would have had to have pulled the trigger with his little toe... and uh, NO ONE with shoes on could do that, and in that photograph through the door, you can plainly see that he is wearing his trademark converses. AND there were no fingerprints found at all on the gun, meaning that whoever last used it wiped it down before leaving...

Its so obvious he was murdered. He may have been depressed and a complete smackhead, but he didn't kill himself. Whoever killed him knew he was depressed and that if killed correctly, the police and press would have no reason to believe that he didn't kill himself...

The deviousness of some people scares me slightly.... nervous
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2006, 02:37:41 PM »

To everyone that thinks he was murdered: Did you consider his mental state? The guy had the classic suicide mentality. It makes sense that he would've killed himself.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Eric
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2006, 02:38:50 PM »

I think it was suicide-not sure there were any signs he was going to leave Courtney-she would have gotten a huge chunk of money if they would have divorced anyway-Kurt Cobain would have made a ton of money had he lived-even if Nirvana had broken up soon like everyone thought, there would have been reunion tours, and so on like every other band-also, of someone wanted him dead why go through the trouble of staging a suicide, writing a suicide note-very depressed man with a lot of troubles-Duff was one of the last people to see him alive, talks about it
Elrothiel
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »

It wasn't a suicide note... it was quite a melancholy letter of resignation from Nirvana. The very last bit added on at the end is in different handwriting and makes the whole thing sound like a suicide note... which it isn't. In Courtney's rucksack that was searched through, there was a bunch of papers of what looked like Courtney trying to copy Kurt's handwriting and signature. If that isn't evidence I don't know what is!!

Also, it is little known, but apparantly Kurt wanted to do acoustic stuff after Nirvana had finished, and he also wanted to divorce Courtney... and I THINK delete her from his will...
Eric
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2006, 02:51:23 PM »

I find it hard to believe Kurt would have been that emotionally troubled about leaving Nirvana-if he would have lost the passion for the band I think he would have gone solo and left-he was already dabbling in some solo stuff with Michael Stipe-the man overdosed in Rome earlier in the year-he was manic depressive, and throw heroin and drugs into the mix and that is basically a death sentence in itself
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »

It wasn't a suicide note... it was quite a melancholy letter of resignation from Nirvana. The very last bit added on at the end is in different handwriting and makes the whole thing sound like a suicide note... which it isn't. In Courtney's rucksack that was searched through, there was a bunch of papers of what looked like Courtney trying to copy Kurt's handwriting and signature. If that isn't evidence I don't know what is!!

Also, it is little known, but apparantly Kurt wanted to do acoustic stuff after Nirvana had finished, and he also wanted to divorce Courtney... and I THINK delete her from his will...

Well with a divorce Courtney would've gotten a lot of money, being in the will after that wouldn't even be an issue.

Eric
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2006, 02:57:24 PM »

Courtney would have been entitled to a lot of money, maybe even some of his future earnings-alimony, child support (Kurt would not have been given custody of Frances Bean in his condition)-I'm also not sure Kurt had millions in the bank as most people believe
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2006, 02:12:33 AM »

Something else along those lines that is rarely mentioned is how him and REM's Michael Stipe were going to do some sort of a project together. It was only mentioned a few times then, so I dont know if there are actual demos in existence or if it was just an idea in the planning stages.

Kurt was worth more dead than alive. As soon as grunge faded, his value would have dropped considerably. The "suicide" made him a legend up there with Hendrix, Joplin, Lennon,etc.

I'm with Skynyrdgirl on this one.

Eric
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2006, 12:44:25 PM »

As Axl once said, I would be leery of anyone comparing Nirvana to the Beatles-the box set released pretty much ties up most of the unreleased music Nirvana had-I think Kurt will be legendary like them, but I'm not sure if there is much more money to be made off his name.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »

the thing that got me into believing the suicide theory...he actually was known to say that he was going to kill himself by 27...even before he became famous...there is one statement from a friend of his that actually states that he had his death planned out way long ago...i dunno if i saw it in the Kurt and Courtney movie or read it online Undecided but it was kinda freaky...

it's one of those unsolved mystery things...we won't know for a long time....if ever

and maybe he was at peace with himself in the final days so that made him seem happier thanhe was? i dunno it's a fucked up situation Cry

Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »

the thing that got me into believing the suicide theory...he actually was known to say that he was going to kill himself by 27...even before he became famous...there is one statement from a friend of his that actually states that he had his death planned out way long ago...i dunno if i saw it in the Kurt and Courtney movie or read it online Undecided but it was kinda freaky...

it's one of those unsolved mystery things...we won't know for a long time....if ever

and maybe he was at peace with himself in the final days so that made him seem happier thanhe was? i dunno it's a fucked up situation Cry

That reminds me of a certain quote.

"He died in a bizarre gardening accident. The police said it was better left unsolved..."

I have a feeling the truth is less exciting than we'd expect it to be.

Eric
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2006, 01:11:20 PM »

Actually most people right before suicide are in a very calm state-although I know Kurt was messed up on drugs
Elrothiel
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 02:00:10 PM »

Ahh but Neemo, Courtney Love, at a young age said something along the lines of ... "when I grow up I'm going to kill a rock star!"
I read that in "Love and Death: The Murder of Kurt Cobain"...

So basically again, both theories are possible...

And James Lofton... is agreeing with me....!!! Shocked *keels over backward in a dead faint*
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2006, 02:09:45 PM »

Ahh but Neemo, Courtney Love, at a young age said something along the lines of ... "when I grow up I'm going to kill a rock star!"
I read that in "Love and Death: The Murder of Kurt Cobain"...

So basically again, both theories are possible...

Hmmm... touche  Kiss

is it a good read? i have yet to read a book on the subject

Elrothiel
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2006, 02:13:54 PM »

Hehe! Touch? indeed!

And yea it is quite a good read, it makes ya think a lot! I also suggest the Cobain Case site... http://www.cobaincase.com
That was set up by the private investigator hired by Courtney to find Kurt after he escaped from the rehab clinic, so you know its legit!
AtariLegend
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 07:18:27 PM »

Answer to thread, Yes Axl done it.
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2006, 11:07:38 PM »

Personally.... I think anyone who believes Courtney killed Kurt is delusional.
Mainly the reason I believe this is a week before he killed himself succesfully with his brains splattered on the wall, he tried to kill himself in a hotel. Swallowed 60, lethal pop out pills in Rome. But the whole thing was covered up. And Courtney was no where near. Miraculously he survived. But then a week later, he escapes rehab, tries to phone Courtney, but can't reach her, retreats into his greenhouse and shoots his brains out.
Dude wanted to fuckin' die.
And look at Courtney... look how sad she is, seriously. people claim that she used Kurt for fame, for her band, but the truth is, back in the day, Hole was fuckin' good. She didn't even need to. It stood up on its own, and when they got together neither one was famous.
I think its just a really sad situation.
And look at the note people.... personally, I think the added on stuff looks like the same handwriting. But actually dudes, your emotions affect your handwriting. Lots of subconscious shit in the way you form letters. Dude was about to kill himself. I think it's the same writing.

robots.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: