Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  So, Did Axl Blow His Voice Out or No?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, Did Axl Blow His Voice Out or No?  (Read 4395 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« on: August 03, 2006, 01:43:02 PM »

I've read several posts that claim Axl had vocal problems in addition to low blood sugar/pressure on the last gig of the European tour.  I even saw someone go as far as say he may have blown his voice out again.

Has any of this come to fruition?

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:44:09 PM »

I've read several posts that claim Axl had vocal problems in addition to low blood sugar/pressure on the last gig of the European tour.  I even saw someone go as far as say he may have blown his voice out again.

i don`t think he blew his vouce out... he almost did it at donnington though...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 01:47:10 PM »

i hope not, when did axl blow it the 1st time?

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
makane
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 01:49:53 PM »

At Hammerstein Ballroom. Bach's vocal teacher(?) helped him out.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »

I do't think this is accurate. if he had blown his voice at Hammerstein, there would not have been sufficient time to recover for the shows that followed, and likely his voice would have suffered badly on the tour as well. All signs point to this not being the case. I think Bach's coach worked with him before they started playing gigs to help him get in shape for singing this much again.

As for the 7/30 date, the boot should tell the story. If his voice was blown, you would be able to tell that he is hoarse or straining more than usual.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 02:03:04 PM »

He sounded pretty darned good to me.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 02:11:03 PM »

Actually I was at the Hammerstein show where Axl was talking about it. He said that after friday's show, then next morning, Saturday, he couldnt talk at all.  So Bach had his vocal coach work with Axl and then he was fine for Sunday, the night that I saw them.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 02:13:18 PM »

He sounded pretty darned good to me.

Indeed - there were no problems with his voice

He'd just 'blown' a fuse - realised his plane back to LA left an hour earlier than he thought - 'seb cover for me - i'm outta here'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
makane
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 02:13:29 PM »

I do't think this is accurate. if he had blown his voice at Hammerstein, there would not have been sufficient time to recover for the shows that followed, and likely his voice would have suffered badly on the tour as well. All signs point to this not being the case. I think Bach's coach worked with him before they started playing gigs to help him get in shape for singing this much again.

As for the 7/30 date, the boot should tell the story. If his voice was blown, you would be able to tell that he is hoarse or straining more than usual.
He didn't "blow" it during the concert. I remember reading(maybe even Axl himself said this at the concert?) something about him having difficulties to sing the next day, but fortunately he got help from Bach's vocal teacher and was able to perform.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 02:31:40 PM »

well i was at all 4 hammerstein shows and his voice was definately at its weakest on the sunday (2nd show) but he came back swinging for the last two.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 05:44:14 PM »

I thought that if you blew out your voice,you weren't able to sing for quite some time..Not like the next day.
Feeling that you're almost about blow it out though..that's something different.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 05:52:59 PM »

nope. at least from the boot he sounded really great!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 06:34:04 PM »

The answer is no.  The voice did not blow out.  He sounded very good.  I'm listening to Night Train right now and he sounds great.  I thought by now the conspiracy theorists would have mentioned Axl's last lyrics sung were, "Never to return...NO!" 

May I add, that one of the reasons I can't get enough of GNR and Axl's vocals...energy!  I can't think of another performer that puts more energy into a show.  The ability to put on 3 shows at this level in less than 24 hours is just fucking insane.  Kudos to the entire band as well!!!

beer 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 08:34:16 AM »

He didn't "blow" it during the concert. I remember reading(maybe even Axl himself said this at the concert?) something about him having difficulties to sing the next day, but fortunately he got help from Bach's vocal teacher and was able to perform.

Well, that's different - obviously he didn't seriously strain his vocal cords or no amount of warm-ups would have gotten him back into shape for a 2 hour show.

The General
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 09:24:17 AM »

Nope.

I find it suprising but his voice only got better and better the more shows they played, in the end i almost could not belive it.
So it would stay good. I think he was very concerned about this at the beginning of the 2006 tour, but it worked out better than anyone could hope.

beer
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 11:57:47 AM »

Axl voice is unique just like betwen normal and falsetto.Tryn yourself to sing 20 song with your falsetto voice in high pitch.maybe you can't speak for a week.and Axl do it every night

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
estranged.1098
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 01:44:45 PM »

i don`t think he blew his vouce out... he almost did it at donnington though...

Whatever he did, he sounded amazing at Donnington.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

No problems with his voice, the guy just got a bit sick, enough though to cancel the gig, but still he told the doctors "Fuck that, I have a gig" and he did it...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: