Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES charter compagnie + more proof of a US TOUR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES charter compagnie + more proof of a US TOUR  (Read 8695 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »

what will it take to get a release date/single??

Neverending patience  Wink

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 04:42:42 PM »

i`m still a little afraid if axl?s able to make it this time...  i mean 3 months US tour...

WE NEED A SINGLE OR CD!!!

peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 05:01:24 PM »

single in september probably.
and CD in november.

then a worldwide tour to promote it and increase the sales.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2006, 05:26:25 PM »

I'm a hardcore GNR fan but only a new set list, not necessarily CD either, I'm talkin - Estranged, Civil War, Don't Cry, Dead Horse, Coma, Garden of Eden . . .

You gotta give people what normal people want. And that does not include Coma and Garden of Eden. They could take out a few AFD numbers and include Civil War or Dead Horse...

Don't agree. I think the majority of people that will support the new band during a US tour are pretty much the die-hards. The die-hards have been wishing for more Illusion tunes Exactly like Coma and Estranged for a long time.? I hope it's the best of Appetite - the best of the Illusions - and a shitload of Democracy tracks - that , to me would be an exciting show

the "die hards" are the people on the internet forums...... and that`s not the majority of people going to the shows...? they couldn`t even fill one single arena ok

Horseshit - If they announced a concert date at Madison Square Garden - it would sell out in 1/2 hour ok
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2006, 05:30:51 PM »

the "die hards" are the people on the internet forums...... and that`s not the majority of people going to the shows...  they couldn`t even fill one single arena ok

NO offense to anyone here, but this view is a little short-sighted. I'm a f*cking die-hard and had been reading this site for a few years before I ever even registered.
Not everyone is as computer-literate as you, and not everyone enjoys going to web-sites - the die-hards can certainly be these guys as well as anyone who's lives have been affected by the music -  To look at a "newbie" on this board and label them as being any less a fan of the band than you is crap.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2006, 05:55:57 PM »

the "die hards" are the people on the internet forums...... and that`s not the majority of people going to the shows...  they couldn`t even fill one single arena ok

NO offense to anyone here, but this view is a little short-sighted. I'm a f*cking die-hard and had been reading this site for a few years before I ever even registered.
Not everyone is as computer-literate as you, and not everyone enjoys going to web-sites - the die-hards can certainly be these guys as well as anyone who's lives have been affected by the music -  To look at a "newbie" on this board and label them as being any less a fan of the band than you is crap.

calm down dude...

all i tried to say is, that the die hards aren`t able to support an entire tour or cd sales. i said nothing about being a better fan than anyone or shit like that. i suggest re-reading my post ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 05:58:56 PM »

calm down dude...

all i tried to say is, that the die hards aren`t able to support an entire tour or cd sales. i said nothing about being a better fan than anyone or shit like that. i suggest re-reading my post ok

I mis-understood, my friend - Sorry -

Yeah, I hear you , you're probably right about the entire tour, but certain venues will sell out real quickly, and the Cd is gonna sell enormously, I believe.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2006, 06:40:43 PM »

They can support one tour per continent without the album, but no more, and only if they stick to the big cities.  Anything beyond that and they'll need to be playing in support of the released album.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »

Its high time we got an album. We've been patient for long enough.

I don't see how the next few weeks can determine whether it comes out in the tour or not.

IMO they should stay put until the release process is underway, then start touring. I'm sure a lot of US fans would agree with that.

Here today...ready to rock
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2006, 06:44:48 PM »

IMO they should stay put until the release process is underway, then start touring. I'm sure a lot of US fans would agree with that.

Anyone in their right mind would probably agree with that.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2006, 06:53:07 PM »

Anyone in their right mind would probably agree with that.

Well the very fact its even being discussed is worrying.

Does anyone think the songs could have been mixed / mastered whilst the band was on tour?

Here today...ready to rock
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2006, 07:19:22 PM »

Probably not as Axl would likely have wanted to be there.  He may have left it in the hands of someone he trusted, of course.

You also have to remember that they don't want to lose the momentum they have off the back of the triumphant campaign in Europe.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »

So basically Axl has the next month and a half to finish the album.  Axl - get busy!  It would be a mistake to start selling tickets to the US shows without a press release about CD.  Enough time has passed to do this thing with the utmost professionalism and market savyness.  Axl on the cover of rolling stone would be historic.  Please don't fuck this up again!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2006, 08:51:02 PM »

i think the tour will kickoff september 23rd @ inland invasion, and it's supposed to last through december, so maybe it'll wrap up on new year's eve in NYC.

i see the cd coming out in mid november.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2006, 08:56:14 PM »

You also have to remember that they don't want to lose the momentum they have off the back of the triumphant campaign in Europe.

Dude, no offense but there is no momentum. ?99.8% of the people living in the US have no idea that GNR just toured Europe. ?They need to release new material before they tour again. ?They might sell out NYC, but they'd play to a 3/4 empty arena in Orlando. ?The setlist is so old and tired its not funny. ?Until they release an album, its like being a die hard fan of the Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffet or Neil Diamond where they play the same set show after show, year after year, decade after decade without new material released.

I want so bad to go see them again (saw them in 2002), but no way I'm gonna do it to see the set lists we saw in Europe. ?I want at least 60% CD songs in the setlist after its release.

Mysteron, you are always so vague, yet you write in such a way that it makes people think you know specifics. ?Please let us know what could possibly happen in the next 3 weeks that could decide if there is an announcement before Septemebr or not. ?Seems to me they've had plenty of time to think things through. ?Certainly Merck has some intelligence and knows material needs to be announced/released before touring the US> ?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006, 09:07:07 PM »

^^ maybe they'll do the VMA's and we'll get the announcement then.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »

I think this tour is for unloading all the Chinese Democracy shirts from 2002. Sorry, I've already got one. Is this going to be a theatre tour? That would be a good move if the album isn't going to be out quite yet.

I am pretty sure it is an arena tour.

Only with an album, We have been there, done that, in 2002. No one is that stupid. You are talking about gnr as the main band with 1 opener. These are not european festivals with 10 bands, If people were not really interested in 2002, than nothing has been done to chage there minds yet. The only way to tour usa with nothing new, is to re-unite. That would generate interest, or option 2: release cd, than you have a reaseon to tour.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2006, 09:40:46 PM »

so will we get a single or an announcement before the US tour?

There is no answer to that right now

It depends what happens in the next few weeks

As much as I can't stand ambiguity, at least it sounds like positive ambiguity...I'll take it.   beer
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2006, 10:19:47 PM »

I dont get this whole "GNR cant tour without CD" attitude. Seriously, Axl could tour forever on AFD alone and be able to turn over a profit for the rest of his life by doing it. Most of the people at the concert arent there for the new stuff - Axl is lucky enough there are a few people in the world excited for it.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2006, 10:26:50 PM »

damn, you can always guess what way a topic will go here? hihi

I saw them 4 times this tour (+ pukkelpop) and i still wish i had gone to more (stupid money)

Every show was a different setlist for me!
But that doesn't even matter to me, i love every song as long as it's played intensly ok

I also saw them four times back in May at NYC. I also wish I can see them more. The setlist doesn't mean much to me also. it's great seeing them live.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: