Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:31:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 275339 times)
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #620 on: August 15, 2007, 02:13:47 PM »

? ? ?Eddie Vedder said that he is no longer interested in playing in large venues.? He feels he can get his political point of views and also be underground which he preferred.? It's better for his poetic thought and writing.? So he says.? I like most pearl jam but regardless I can do without the editorials from any band period.? I wish to hear tunes not be told what to do.
? ? ?He then goes on Letterman and then sings take me out to the ballgame at Wrigley Field?? Like I said I like the tunes but the guy is caught up in himself.
? ? ?Back in the peak of Pearl Jam some girl yelled out "I Love You Eddie", He stopped the song and said you don't even know me so how could you love me.? He was booed and left the stage.  The peak started a down slide.? The band was thinking of calling it quits but after going into exile or undergound for awhile they returned.? Eddie blamed things on he and his family being stalked and his anger within his political idiology.? He says he has learned to control his anger and is mellow now.
? ? ?The guys out there but the music speaks for itself.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #621 on: August 16, 2007, 12:01:08 PM »

I've been a Pearl Jam fan since the beginning, own all of their albums, and I still get sick listening to Vedder rant about politics. I just don't want to hear it.
I dont' pay $$$ for his albums or his shows so that he can reward my allegiance by telling me that if I support George Bush I can go fuck myself. ( Which he basically has said, in not so many words) - That is being out of touch with reality. The people that support Pearl Jam, do so because of the music, not the rhetoric.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #622 on: August 16, 2007, 01:29:30 PM »

I've been a Pearl Jam fan since the beginning, own all of their albums, and I still get sick listening to Vedder rant about politics. I just don't want to hear it.
I dont' pay $$$ for his albums or his shows so that he can reward my allegiance by telling me that if I support George Bush I can go fuck myself. ( Which he basically has said, in not so many words) - That is being out of touch with reality. The people that support Pearl Jam, do so because of the music, not the rhetoric.
Exactly...Thank You.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #623 on: August 16, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »

Exactly...Thank You.

Exactly Exactly....and you're welcome
GeraldFord
« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »

Did anyone pic up Eddie Vedder's new album?

I think I might get it today.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »

Yes.

Just don't expect to hear any PJ rockers.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »

Billboard Q&A with Eddie:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/feature/index.jsp

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GeraldFord
« Reply #627 on: October 29, 2007, 11:27:43 PM »

Exactly...Thank You.

That said, probably 95% of their fans are left-leaning politicly.

Also, I have no problem with Vedder voicing his politics. If you want to listen to songs about pussy and drinking, there is always Van Halen.

To put the shoe on the other foot, I like Kid Rock, would go to one of his shows, but I also cringe when he talks politics. But that's his right, his music is his art.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2007, 11:51:10 PM »

Exactly...Thank You.

That said, probably 95% of their fans are left-leaning politicly.

Also, I have no problem with Vedder voicing his politics. If you want to listen to songs about pussy and drinking, there is always Van Halen.

To put the shoe on the other foot, I like Kid Rock, would go to one of his shows, but I also cringe when he talks politics. But that's his right, his music is his art.

EXactly. They have the right to voice their opinion if even during their shows. Its like so many people think musicians have no right to talk or have opinons on politics. Its like people think that cause they are musicians they can't possibly be well informed enough to have an opinion and therefore shouldn't be allowed to voice it the way they feel like.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #629 on: December 17, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »

here's a cool article about their posters:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2004077636_jambook17.html

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #630 on: December 18, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »

Yes.

Just don't expect to hear any PJ rockers.....

/jarmo

Is it good? I haven't heard anything from it, but I have been thinking about getting it.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #631 on: December 18, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »

I like it.

It's a bunch of short "folky" songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #632 on: December 18, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »

I'll probably check it out. I loved Ed's version of "You've got to hide your love away".

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #633 on: December 19, 2007, 03:26:55 AM »

I like it a lot. Good lyrics and soft melodies. Smiley

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #634 on: December 19, 2007, 05:09:44 AM »

When I pay hundreds of dollars for a concert, I do so to be entertained and taken away from everyday life.

I dont want to sit and have someone be a hypocrite and tell me how I am suppose to believe.

Who the fuck is anyone to try and say their beliefs are right and someone else's are wrong?

I don't dig the politics from anyone on stage. It alienates people and thats not what music is about.'

So shut the fuck up, play Black,Betterman,Nothing Man, and whatever else man and talk about politics on your own dime.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #635 on: December 19, 2007, 09:42:51 AM »

When I pay hundreds of dollars for a concert, I do so to be entertained and taken away from everyday life.

I dont want to sit and have someone be a hypocrite and tell me how I am suppose to believe.

Who the fuck is anyone to try and say their beliefs are right and someone else's are wrong?

Oh please.  Roll Eyes

Some artists are happy to take you away from every day life by singing about Bad Medicine and how you give love a bad name, others are using their art to describe the world we all live in.

They don't tell you what to think. They're telling you what they think and then it's up to you to decide whether you agree or not.

By your logic, Live Aid was a mistake as well as the Freddie Mercury tribute.

Artists were "telling you" to think about Africa and AIDS. Oh the horror!

Politics and rock music often go hand in hand.

I'm glad not all bands are writing songs like Rock & Roll All Nite.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #636 on: December 19, 2007, 03:20:53 PM »

Comparing Concerts for Aids and Hunger in Africa are completely different than bitching because you are a liberal and don't like the president.

I guess Pearl Jam aren't in the entertainment business......... I just don't like how someone believes they are right and no one else can even have an opinion that differs on a subject.

Its that kind of close mindedness that makes the world the way it is. No one from either side of anything whether it be politics,religion,race or whatever want to try and understand another point of view.

Music to me, should unite, not divide, and you shouldn't alienate a good portion of your fanbase that way.

Speaking of Jon Bon Jovi, he is a liberal, supports Al Gore and Kerry etc Probably does WAY MORE than Eddie Vedder ever dreamed of to help change the world, but he said when he is at fundraisers and things of that nature, he can get political but when someone pays to be entertained, he will shut his mouth and not use the stage as a pulpit and he will give the fans what they want and not a bunch of his beliefs.

I think thats great.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #637 on: December 19, 2007, 03:32:28 PM »

I guess Pearl Jam aren't in the entertainment business.........

Damn right.

They're musicians making music they believe in rather than trying to sell as many albums as possible.

I just don't like how someone believes they are right and no one else can even have an opinion that differs on a subject.

How do you come up with this logic?

Its that kind of close mindedness that makes the world the way it is. No one from either side of anything whether it be politics,religion,race or whatever want to try and understand another point of view.

You're accusing a band who's got members that are liberal and pro-choice of being close minded....

Music to me, should unite, not divide, and you shouldn't alienate a good portion of your fanbase that way.

Good for you.

Music to me is a form of expression.

If you want to express anger, feelings of helplessness or whatever, you should be able to do so.

Speaking of Jon Bon Jovi, he is a liberal, supports Al Gore and Kerry etc Probably does WAY MORE than Eddie Vedder ever dreamed of to help change the world, but he said when he is at fundraisers and things of that nature, he can get political but when someone pays to be entertained, he will shut his mouth and not use the stage as a pulpit and he will give the fans what they want and not a bunch of his beliefs.

I think thats great.

What a saint!

Jon sounds like a corporate whore .  Tongue

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #638 on: December 19, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Eddie should become Bono then.

If u want to change the world, do more than spit your opinions from the stage. Get out and make a difference.? When it comes to their music, I bought their last album *Very good BTW*? and to me, it sounded pretty damn commercial, so I don't want to hear how they aren't in the business of selling albums.

My point earlier was:

Democrats or liberals believe only they are right and everything republicans say is wrong and vice versa.

The world will never change with that mentality. Its like Vedder doesn't even care to see where maybe the other side is coming from. His side is right, the other is wrong and u can go fuck yoruself if u don't agree with him.? ?That to me is the wrong attitude to have.

I am more in the middle, I kind of take in both sides and agree and disagree with each side on certain things but I'll never have the kind of attitude he and other liberals,rightwingers have.? Its just bad for the world to be that way.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #639 on: December 19, 2007, 03:56:15 PM »

Eddie should become Bono then.

Why?

He's pretty good at being himself so no need to try to imitate somebody else.

If u want to change the world, do more than spit your opinions from the stage. Get out and make a difference. 

You don't think artists like Eddie Vedder, Bono etc. do that?

Here's an example from the official PJ site:

GIVE THE BETTER PRESENT

Need any last minute holiday shopping ideas ... Check out the Activisim page for a few green ideas from the holiday gift guide.

Join Pearl Jam and find a new approach to giving this holiday season. Give the better present by taking the Better Present Pledge ... you agree to give at least one gift to a nonprofit in honor of a friend or family member in lieu of a material present this holiday season. In the Activism section you will find a comprehensive collection of organizations which each band member has a personal connection with, or other organizations aiming for the greater good. Give to give.

When it comes to their music, I bought their last album *Very good BTW*  and to me, it sounded pretty damn commercial, so I don't want to hear how they aren't in the business of selling albums.

Oh right.....  Roll Eyes

You missed the point, but whatever.

My point earlier was:

Democrats or liberals believe only they are right and everything republicans say is wrong and vice versa.

That's great!

What about the world outside of the US where "democrats" and "republicans" don't exist?

The world will never change with that mentality. Its like Vedder doesn't even care to see where maybe the other side is coming from. His side is right, the other is wrong and u can go fuck yoruself if u don't agree with him.   That to me is the wrong attitude to have.

Where exactly do you get that he has this attitude?

Please enlighten me.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: