Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 275429 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #580 on: July 22, 2006, 08:56:03 AM »

oh yeah.. that would have been so magnificent fuckin' cool hihi ok
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #581 on: July 22, 2006, 04:18:45 PM »

Pretty sad if Pearl Jam are some one elses openning act....how the mighty have fallen

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #582 on: August 23, 2006, 06:09:02 PM »

Hey Comamotive, I changed my mind a little bit. I am Mine is a great song. Still not on my top 10 but just wanted to let you know.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #583 on: August 23, 2006, 08:08:38 PM »

Main Set: Inside Job, Worldwide Suicide, Severed Hand, Animal, Do the Evolution, Given to Fly, Corduroy, Gone, Marker In The Sand, Daughter/It's OK, Betterman, Why Go, Education, Even Flow, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Indifference, Black, Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2: The Boys Are Back in Town, Leash, Fuckin' Up

Notes: This is the first time Education has ever been played live. This is also the first time The Boys Are Back In Town, a Thin Lizzy song (who hails from Dublin) has been played

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #584 on: August 24, 2006, 10:36:16 AM »

Hey Comamotive, I changed my mind a little bit. I am Mine is a great song. Still not on my top 10 but just wanted to let you know.

Definitely man.  Cool tune ok
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #585 on: August 24, 2006, 11:41:33 AM »

at the dublin gig last night. amazed at the sheer amount of jocks pearl jam attract. nearly ruined black, totally ruined alive. but evenflow was awesome, leash unreal and crazy mary an amazing treat.

not a great show, nowhere near it - and the pit for 10club members is fucking ridiculous and actually quite dangerous - but good.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #586 on: August 25, 2006, 01:15:11 PM »

world wide suicide is god. drool

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #587 on: August 29, 2006, 07:04:54 AM »

anyone else at Reading festival this weekend just past?  How AMAZING were Pj!!!!  what a set.   It felt absolutely incredible.  I was right in the pit and the atmos was brilliant - really decent people around us too who were totally into the music and not being nob-heads.  Eddie seemed genuinely emotional. Only seen em once before and loved that, but the setlist on sunday night was amazing.  catn wait to get their offical bootleg of this .
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #588 on: August 29, 2006, 07:10:20 AM »

I am going to see them next month   beer

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #589 on: August 29, 2006, 07:16:27 AM »

where are you seeing them?  I am tempted to go to paris....  wish that they were playing a few more dates in the UK.  Think the Reading festival gig is on the tiscali website - very worth seeing if you didnt catch any highlights on tv.

to hear Once and rear view mirror was just incredible..
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #590 on: August 29, 2006, 07:24:04 AM »

Athens, Greece
Olympic Stadium 30/9

beer

but I think I ll go to Paris to see Chris Cornell  Grin

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #591 on: August 29, 2006, 07:44:42 AM »

that wil be great - lucky lucky you! enjoy!  peace
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #592 on: August 29, 2006, 06:47:55 PM »

where are you seeing them?  I am tempted to go to paris....  wish that they were playing a few more dates in the UK.  Think the Reading festival gig is on the tiscali website - very worth seeing if you didnt catch any highlights on tv.

to hear Once and rear view mirror was just incredible..

would it be the full set on the tiscali site?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #593 on: August 30, 2006, 12:41:35 PM »

am not sure - I've heard that they only show up til Alive and not the rest of the encores.  will check it out later.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #594 on: August 30, 2006, 08:49:36 PM »

I'm just back from PEARL JAM's first performance in Belgium EVER (2 cancels, one the day after the roskilde accident)

And i hate to say this but it's the best show i have ever seen (yes, better then all 4 times i saw gnr)
I know if i had seen gnr in 87-93 that would surely been the best ever but to bad...

the setlist was amazing!!!

Pearl Jam Set List: Interstellar Overdrive / Corduroy, Animal, Hail Hail, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Not For You / (Modern Girl), In Hiding, Unemployable, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Present Tense, Do the Evolution, Big Wave, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Jeremy, Why Go

1st Encore: Soon Forget, Black, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Comatose, Alive

2nd Encore: Indifference, Hunger Strike (with Andrew Stockdale), Baba O?Riley (with Andrew Stockdale), Yellow Ledbetter

Like peeing clouds!
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #595 on: August 31, 2006, 03:14:36 AM »

I wish the played education which is my favourite song

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #596 on: August 31, 2006, 07:23:22 AM »

And i hate to say this but it's the best show i have ever seen (yes, better then all 4 times i saw gnr)

Cool. I only got to see them in 2000 since they're not coming up here on this tour.

I wish the played education which is my favourite song

Yeah, that's a great song. What's remarkable is that it didn't make it onto any "regular" album....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »

Don't worry Jarmo, Eddie said See you next year!!

Probably the festivals (probably same time as GnR  Wink)

Like peeing clouds!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #598 on: September 04, 2006, 09:26:38 AM »

I have just come back from a memorable weekend in Barcelona where I attended a Pearl Jam show.

The show began for me on friday at 5 pm at the Ars Hotel in Barcelona. I was walking through the promenade and just wanted to see what the whole fuss is about this hotel. As soon as I made my way to front, there were 20-30 people there waiting. They all had their PJ albums and cds, so I figured someone from pearl jam had either just walked in or was about to walk out. I waited for a while till i notice two Mercedes vans. There was this guy carrying a few guitars into one of the vans, so I ask him if the guitar belonged to Stone or Mike, I wasn't really expecting any answer, but he said those were Eddie's guitars and that the band was gonna come out for soundcheck shortly.

I decided it was worth the wait. A few mins later Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament came out...Ament quciky rushed to one of the vans, but Stone stayed out. I went to where Stone was and took a picture of him, told him I was gonna go to the show and shook his hand,. He signed my Barcelona street map (yeah, i know...i didn't have anything else with me....and I was a tourist). At this moment, 20 people where trying to get an autograph or a pic so our conversation couldn't go any further...but it was cool.

I then waited 10 more mins to see if Ed and the rest of the gang were to come out, but i saw nothing, so I left.

At the show...Amazing two hour + gig. I'd never seen such a great crowd in my entire life..20,000 people getting into each fucking song.

The band was just a few minutes late (i know, that's a weird feeling...? hihi) Eddie seemed to be in top form. Apperantly he likes Barcelona a lot. He said there were 5 things he loved: His girlfriend, his daugher, his band, surfing and the ocean and Antonio Gaudi (spanish most famous architect, designed the most famous buildings in Barcelona).? He kept saying his spanish sucked, but the audience understood him well in english.

Even now I get goose gumps when I listen to "Betterman". Not my favorite track, but Eddie didn't sing a note until de chorus..he was just there silent, by himself playing guitar while the crowd was singing the lyrics.

The setlist couldn't have been any better, well, Rearviewmirror should've made it, also I got ID, but man, I was in heaven when they played? The Who's "Baba O' Riley", The Ramones "I believe n Miracles", "Crazy Mary" and fucking "Hunger Strike" featuring the Wolfmother singer in vocals with Eddie.

They show ended with...yeah, my favorite track, Yellow ledbetter. Amazing finale to an amazing show.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #599 on: September 04, 2006, 09:37:55 AM »

....and fucking "Hunger Strike" featuring the Wolfmother singer in vocals with Eddie.

I've got to find that audio. drool How did  it sound?

Pearl Jam just about always puts on a good show and have a great audience. Sounds like a great weekend.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »