Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:20:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 275415 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #560 on: July 06, 2006, 12:11:44 AM »

I love the new CD, its actually the only Studio Pearl Jam CD Ive ever bought, I had a Vitalogy that someone left at my house and I bought live on two legs.

But so far

Life Wasted,Worldwide Suicide,Marker in the Sand,Parachutes,Gone and Come back are the songs I listen to the most. I still have to get into the rest of it and I will.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #561 on: July 06, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »

I love the new CD, its actually the only Studio Pearl Jam CD Ive ever bought, I had a Vitalogy that someone left at my house and I bought live on two legs.

But so far

Life Wasted,Worldwide Suicide,Marker in the Sand,Parachutes,Gone and Come back are the songs I listen to the most. I still have to get into the rest of it and I will.

Sounds like you like the same songs I like. I also like Unemployable.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #562 on: July 15, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

The new video "Life Wasted" is definitely the video of the year so far. Beautifully disturbing!

It's not a perfomance or animated video. It sorts of brings us back to the "Jeremy" old days...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2977265128963700244
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 11:51:36 AM by Ignatius » Logged
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #563 on: July 16, 2006, 10:06:04 AM »

i dont think the video suits the song

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #564 on: July 16, 2006, 11:56:20 PM »

I know there's a PJ thread, but i wanna know what people think about the new album specifically.  I think its alright, good...but not addictive like others. 

thoughts?...Jarmo? anyone else...also anyone a big poster at the PJ messageboard?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #565 on: July 17, 2006, 01:04:58 PM »

The album is not called Avocado. what a horrible name that would be. It's self-titled.

I think it's their best album since Yield. It's about 4th on my list. Good album. World Wide Suicide and Come Back are on my top 10 favorite pearl Jam Songs ever.

Here's the list:

Evenflow
Alive,
Jeremy,
Black,
Animal,
Nothingman,
Betterman
Given To Fly,
World Wide Suicide,
Come Back.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #566 on: July 17, 2006, 01:08:20 PM »

Let's just use the old thread...

I think the new album is a very solid album. Seems like the band was really focused while making it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #567 on: July 17, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »

The album is not called Avocado. what a horrible name that would be. It's self-titled.

I think it's their best album since Yield. It's about 4th on my list. Good album. World Wide Suicide and Come Back are on my top 10 favorite pearl Jam Songs ever.

Here's the list:

Evenflow
Alive,
Jeremy,
Black,
Animal,
Nothingman,
Betterman
Given To Fly,
World Wide Suicide,
Come Back.

Nothingman & Given to Fly are two of my Least favorite Pearl Jam songs

Replace those with Garden & I am Mine and we can be friends! ok
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #568 on: July 17, 2006, 04:42:22 PM »

Here's the list:

Evenflow
Alive,
Jeremy,
Black,
Animal,
Nothingman,
Betterman
Given To Fly,
World Wide Suicide,
Come Back.

Nothingman & Given to Fly are two of my Least favorite Pearl Jam songs

Replace those with Garden & I am Mine and we can be friends! ok

Not a chance. LOL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #569 on: July 17, 2006, 09:43:59 PM »

Not a chance. LOL

Next time you listen to Given to Fly , start humming the words to " Going to California ", you won't miss a beat Roll Eyes
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #570 on: July 18, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »

Not a chance. LOL

Next time you listen to Given to Fly , start humming the words to " Going to California ", you won't miss a beat Roll Eyes

Uh, no thanks.

You do know that Given to Fly is a cover, right?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #571 on: July 18, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

Not a chance. LOL

Uh, no thanks.

You do know that Given to Fly is a cover, right?

No I did not know that.  Who's song is it?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #572 on: July 18, 2006, 05:18:19 PM »

There are strong similarities to "Going To California" but it is not a cover song.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #573 on: July 18, 2006, 05:19:34 PM »

There are strong similarities to "Going To California" but it is not a cover song.

Oh okay, I heard it was a cover. Somebody told me it was a Tori Amos song, lol.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #574 on: July 18, 2006, 05:22:01 PM »

I just saw pearl jam in san francisco.  They were great, but the crowd had no energy.  It was reall cool at the start of the show before the opener came on vedder came out and sang an acoustic song and then introduced the opener.  All in all it was a great show.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2006, 05:29:18 PM »

They're a great band. But I watched the Storyteller's recently and it was about 1/2 music and 1/2 Vedder's political thoughts.  It was Ill-timed and un-necessary in my opinion.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #576 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:34 AM »

They're a great band. But I watched the Storyteller's recently and it was about 1/2 music and 1/2 Vedder's political thoughts.? It was Ill-timed and un-necessary in my opinion.

i completely agree with the unnecessary political bullcrap.  a word to eddie: shut the fuck up, and make music.  I hate it when celebrities/musicians get all political. 
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #577 on: July 19, 2006, 12:59:19 PM »

They're a great band. But I watched the Storyteller's recently and it was about 1/2 music and 1/2 Vedder's political thoughts.? It was Ill-timed and un-necessary in my opinion.

i completely agree with the unnecessary political bullcrap.? a word to eddie: shut the fuck up, and make music.? I hate it when celebrities/musicians get all political.?

It's called freedom of speech. If he wants to talk politics, then that is his choice.

Like it or not, we live in undemocratic times and dam any person who doesn't see that...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #578 on: July 19, 2006, 03:30:59 PM »

i completely agree with the unnecessary political bullcrap.? a word to eddie: shut the fuck up, and make music.? I hate it when celebrities/musicians get all political.?

It's called freedom of speech. If he wants to talk politics, then that is his choice.

Like it or not, we live in undemocratic times and dam any person who doesn't see that...

I don't think anyone's trying to stir up a political debate here Markus. All I was saying, was that I was very much looking forward to that Storytellers, and being as how it was only an hour long, filling 1/2 of it with political babble was not right. Especially considering those shows are edited, and they could have chosen to have left that out of it. I tuned in for music and some discussion about the music they were playing. That's it
Bono
« Reply #579 on: July 22, 2006, 02:39:39 AM »

http://www.interference.com/u2162280/index.html

I don't care what anyone says that's a big fucking gig. No doubt they'll be joining each other on stage for some live collaberations. ok
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: