Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 275150 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #400 on: June 09, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

They kinda stopped promoting themselves after "Ten".

They've only made a few videos after that. They're making music that makes them happy instead of making music that makes the record company happy.

Creed basically ripped PJ off, and sold a shitload of albums. Maybe you'll be happier listening to them?

/jarmo

Swish - actually i have all the Creed albums and would take them over later PJ releases

As for the promotion bit - a lack of promotion didn't hurt VS, its not a lack of videos that explains the low sales of their later offerings

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #401 on: June 09, 2005, 04:30:01 PM »

I didn't know album sells were the measuring stick for if something is good .

Hell Britney Spears must by one of the greatest talents of all time.

Pearl Jam Might not be selling what they us to, but none of the band form the early 90's are .

U missed the context that point came in

I never said or have ever said sales=quality

But its clear Pearl Jma have alienated their audience - that was the point, its not just me who is dissapointed with their music now

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2005, 04:38:14 PM »

I didn't know album sells were the measuring stick for if something is good .

Hell Britney Spears must by one of the greatest talents of all time.

Pearl Jam Might not be selling what they us to, but none of the band form the early 90's are .

U missed the context that point came in

I never said or have ever said sales=quality

But its clear Pearl Jma have alienated their audience - that was the point, its not just me who is dissapointed with their music now

U also missed my piont the almost all the band from the 90's don't sell like they used to ..

You never said that sells=quality ,but you in implicit it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 04:41:27 PM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #403 on: June 10, 2005, 07:36:22 AM »

You never said that sells=quality ,but you in implicit it.

Can't be held responsible for opinions formed from a misreading of my posts

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2005, 07:51:29 AM »

Swish - actually i have all the Creed albums and would take them over later PJ releases

There you go. As a Creed fan, your opinions on Pearl Jam aren't of any value anymore.  rofl

As for the promotion bit - a lack of promotion didn't hurt VS, its not a lack of videos that explains the low sales of their later offerings

Quiz time: "Vs" followed up what album and when was it released?

A: The hit album "Ten" and 1993 at the time when alternative music was really popular.

If PJ made an album that sounded like "Ten" again, they would't sell as many copies. It's a different world today. But maybe you'd be screaming "sell outs!" then?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #405 on: June 10, 2005, 08:19:30 AM »

There you go. As a Creed fan, your opinions on Pearl Jam aren't of any value anymore.? rofl

I bought them along time ago nervous (hides the boxes)

Quiz time: "Vs" followed up what album and when was it released?

A: The hit album "Ten" and 1993 at the time when alternative music was really popular.

U have a point but Vitology still did well, i'm not trying to argue that sales equal something - just trying to underline my own views they altered too much from the sound they are (or were) good at

Just out of curiosity, do u consider any of the post Vs albums to be classics and/or of equivelent quality? Would u agree its fair to say they aren't as good as they once were?

If PJ made an album that sounded like "Ten" again, they would't sell as many copies. It's a different world today. But maybe you'd be screaming "sell outs!" then?? hihi

If they releases an album of the quality of Ten again it would sell even better - people are dying for music of that quality, it would take the world by storm all over again

Over here Nirvana are far more popular now than they ever were in the past.

As for 'sell outs' - if the music is good, if they wrote the music, then they could be the most cyncially money grabbing lot ever and it really wouldn't concern me - i have no problem with artists obsessed with the money, providing they produce material of the highest quality - Metallica are sell outs who now produce lousy music and thus we have a problem.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 08:21:53 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #406 on: June 10, 2005, 08:29:49 AM »

U have a point but Vitology still did well, i'm not trying to argue that sales equal something - just trying to underline my own views they altered too much from the sound they are (or were) good at

Vitology was release in late 94...just 15 months after Vs was released. PJ still was a pretty popular band then. The reason why it sold many records is because they still had the momentum + the album had a mainstream appeal with hits such as "betterman" and "nothingman".

No Code, released in Sept'96 was a totally different album. The album produced no hits, hence the low sales, but I think it's a great album nevertheless. Weird, but groundbreaking. Their most innovative album to date.

If they releases an album of the quality of Ten again it would sell even better - people are dying for music of that quality, it would take the world by storm all over again

They had. Yield is just as good. The point is, mainstream music these days ain't what it used to be 10 years ago. Back in the day, manistream was alternative music. PJ hit the scene at the right time, there was a huge audience craving for that kind of music. I'm not saying there's not today, but things have changed.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #407 on: June 10, 2005, 08:40:27 AM »

They had. Yield is just as good.

Not sure i remember it like that - but, it has been a while since i heard it, i'll listen to it again - as soon as i'm done with these Creed albums....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #408 on: June 10, 2005, 12:23:39 PM »

Just out of curiosity, do u consider any of the post Vs albums to be classics and/or of equivelent quality? Would u agree its fair to say they aren't as good as they once were?

I think they're as good as they were back in early 1992 when I boght "Ten". I still like them as much as I did then.

All of their albums have great songs on them. There's songs on the latter albums that I like better than some of the songs on "Vs.". It's just a matter of personal opinion.

Over here Nirvana are far more popular now than they ever were in the past.

Really? Nirvana is played on MTV 24 hours a day and Kurt Cobain is on the cover of most major magazines?

That's how it was in 1992.

I don't seem them being that popular in 2005, but that's just me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #409 on: June 10, 2005, 12:43:44 PM »

Really? Nirvana is played on MTV 24 hours a day and Kurt Cobain is on the cover of most major magazines?

That's how it was in 1992.

Actually thats EXACTLY as has been for some time now

It started a few years back, but the last 3 years Nirvana just seems to be everywhere - i lost track of how many times 'Nevermind' became the 'greatest album of all time'

Every music mag u pick up will have stuff on Nirvana, its quite uncanny how it all suddenly began

Its common to see Nirvana shirts and hoodies about

I think its dying down now but Nirvana have had a glorious renaissance of late - and rightly so, there music is as fresh and relevant as it ever was

Quick! To the bandwagon!
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2005, 10:03:07 AM »

They had. Yield is just as good.

Not sure i remember it like that - but, it has been a while since i heard it, i'll listen to it again - as soon as i'm done with these Creed albums....

yield is crap.

does anyone know what guitars the guitarists use in pearl jam?

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #411 on: July 06, 2005, 08:39:38 PM »

Want to start a debate? Here's how ...
Four weeks ago at a friendly get-together, an inebriated Alabamian named Steve asked me an impossible question:

"What's the greatest American rock band of all time?"
      Do any of these faces belong to the greatest rock band ever formed in America? Tune in next week to find out.    

It seemed easy at first, before the realization sunk in. Steve's stipulations eliminated my usual list-toppers: Bob Dylan, the Beatles, any R&B and country artists. Music magazines often rank acts and albums ? this month's Spin counts down the top 100 CDs of the last 20 years, for example ? but rarely do any of them narrow the field to such specifications.

To Steve's disappointment, I left without giving him an answer. But that didn't mean I'd given up. (Related item: Chat with Whitney at 1 p.m. ET)

I've posed this question at every social event I've attended since then, and each time it leads to endless debate and different results. While Steve was certain Guns N' Roses were the best American rockers, his pal Andrew made the strong case for R.E.M.

"Listen to Murmur," he insisted. "Just listen to that album, and then we'll talk."

"What about Rush?" asked a guest at a wedding I attended a few days afterward. After being reminded of Rush's Canadian heritage, the conversation veered to classic rockers like Van Halen, The Eagles, Aerosmith and Billy Joel (though the confused person who suggested him and The Who clearly had spent a little too much time at the open bar).

The discussion finally ended when the groom voted for The Allman Brothers Band, and most folks, whether in agreement or fear of ruining his big day, headed to the dance floor.

Another dinner with friends almost escalated into a food fight when someone brought up the E Street Band. "They don't count," my husband insisted. "Not a band. That's like putting Crazy Horse or The Revolution in the mix, which you can't, because they're nothing without Neil Young and Prince."

And I almost regret approaching the subject with a circle of indie-friendly pals, who suggested Pavement, The Pixies, The Ramones, the Velvet Undergound, Jane's Addiction, The Replacements and a few other landmark acts featuring men with thrift-store haircuts and threadbare sneakers.

So, despite weeks of research, informal surveys and deep thought, I regret to report I'm still unable to answer the question. But one thing I've come to realize is several factors should be considered before deciding:

Influence. How greatly did the group affect other musicians ... and the world at large? This category is where groups like Nirvana and the Velvet Underground excel, along with the Beach Boys ? though their inclusion as a "rock" outfit may spark debate.

Popularity/record sales. You can't ignore groups that inspired the nation to storm record stores en masse, such as Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Eagles, Van Halen and Steely Dan. While the people's choice may not always be the best choice, isn't it part of what gives an artist his or her greatness?

Live performance. The concertgoing experience goes hand-in-hand with American rock bands. Using this as a deciding factor, you could argue that the Grateful Dead, KISS or the Dave Matthews Band ranks at the top.

Musicianship. Creating hit songs is one thing, but did the group take rock 'n' roll to another level? The Mothers of Invention and Nine Inch Nails fit nicely into this category; if you're feeling adventurous, the White Stripes might, too.

Longevity. Personally, this is the least important factor to me ? I like it when a band knows when to quit. But my pal Pete disagrees and says guys like Aerosmith, R.E.M., Metallica and Lynyrd Skynyrd deserve attention, if only for their never-ending careers.

Of course, there are scores of bands I haven't even mentioned yet, such as The Doors, The Pretenders, Big Star, Pearl Jam, The Cars ...

But you get the point. And here's the part where I throw it to you: Once and for all, let's come up with the top American rock bands ever formed. (See below for details.) In the meantime, I'll force myself to come up with my own rankings, which I'll share next week.

Just think: Afterward, we'll be able to sleep peacefully again ? that is, as long as my pal Steve keeps any future burning questions to himself.

Pop Question: What's the greatest American rock band of all time?

Unlike previous Pop Questions, this time I'll tally the answers and present complete results next Wednesday. E-mail me your responses by July 1, along with your full name, city and state. And please, for the love of Blondie, only name one band!

Before you go, click here to read answers to last week's Pop Question, "How would you prank a celebrity?"

Pop Candy is a weekly column about popular culture. Click here to visit the archive. Click here to read Hip Clicks, Whitney's entertainment blog. E-mail Whitney at wmatheson@usatoday.com.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #412 on: July 06, 2005, 08:41:27 PM »

And the greatest American rock band ever is ...
I knew last week's column would spark heated debate among music aficionados, but I didn't realize just how intense it would get until the e-mail started pouring in ? more e-mail, in fact, than I've received about any other column.

And though the results were close, there could only be one winner. So, without further ado, I present your top pick for the greatest American rock band of all time:

Pearl Jam.
      Everybody's all-American: Pearl Jam outranked Nirvana, Van Halen and The Doors in last week's poll.    
By Danny Clinch

Yes, the Seattle rockers outranked powerhouses such as Van Halen (No. 3), The Doors (No. 9) and Nirvana, which landed at No. 18. At first, I was shocked by the choice (to be honest, I fully expected Aerosmith to win). But the more e-mail I read, the more it began to make sense.

Why is Pearl Jam the greatest? Here's what you said:

?They've stayed true to themselves. "Instead of selling out with videos and constant press coverage, they pulled back at their height, and focused on the music," wrote Willie McNabb in El Dorado, Ark. "They belong up there with Neil Young, Zeppelin and The Beatles because they never compromised their integrity, which is really all any of us have."

?The music rocks. From Atlanta reader Tom Baker: "They've continually reshaped their sound, album after album, and are still making great, vital music 12+ years into their career. What else could you want?"
   Want to interview Pearl Jam?       

You debated, you voted and now you've chosen the No. 1 American rock band of all time.

But wait, it's not over: Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready wants your questions! Scroll to the bottom of the page for details on how to get in on the action.

?Their records sell ... "... because they're good, not because they've been hyped to death by the media," McNabb added.

?There have been scores of imitators. "How many Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder knockoffs have invaded rock radio since Ten?" asked Scott Jordan, another Atlanta fan.

?Their concerts are first-rate ? and affordable. Jake Mohlman from Barrington, R.I., praised the band for keeping ticket prices low. "It's unique in an era when most artists gouge their fans to the limit," he wrote. "Likewise, releasing their shows on low-cost bootlegs brings a new dimension to seeing one of their shows."

See below for the rest of the top 20 and more of your comments. For more debate, feel free to chat with me at 1 p.m. ET.

2. Aerosmith. "Their first hit was in 1973, and they're still selling out concerts," wrote Brooklyn Center, Minn., reader Darren Slack, who added that "fans don't boo them if they play stuff off their latest album" and they're "probably one of the first groups teenagers and parents both dig (and not in a Pat Boone kind of way, either)." Said David Matthews from Tampa: "No one died, no one got p?-ed and left the band, no one got kicked out and was replaced ? and their ability to rock the house is still going strong."

3. Van Halen. "How many bands from America have been as huge as Van Halen, then had to replace the lead singer and still be as popular, or even more popular, than before?" asked St. Louis reader Christopher Cokenour. "Van Halen's songwriting, whether with David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar, took you to a place of happiness, never getting too heavy, never being too stupid." In addition, Patrick Beam in Little Rock was one of several readers to say "Eddie Van Halen influenced every guitarist that was alive or has been born since."

4. The Eagles. "They win for longevity (I've got my ticket stub to their 1977 Hotel California tour), concert performances (also have ticket stubs from six 'farewell' concerts), they write their own songs and have tons of records sold," said longtime fan Sheri Broom from Savannah, Ga.
Whitney's picks for the top American bands (they go to 11)
Rank

Band

Hear a clip!

R.E.M.

Driver 8

The Ramones

Rockaway Beach

Guns N' Roses

Sweet Child O' Mine

The Grateful Dead

Box of Rain

Aerosmith

Sweet Emotion

The Replacements

Alex Chilton
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #413 on: July 06, 2005, 08:41:39 PM »

Heart

Barracuda

Guided by Voices

Teenage FBI

The Velvet Underground

Heroin

Big Star

September Gurls

The Stooges

TV Eye

5. Journey. "No contest!" said Deer Park, Texas, fan Bob Barney. (He went on to type the band's name 12 times using a large font and a spectrum of colors.) From Ronda Nelson in Terre Haute, Ind.: "They have been rockin' for over 30 years and are out on tour right now supporting a new CD."

6. Guns N' Roses. "A lot of people have said that it's unbelievable that Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine and Patience could have all come from the same band," wrote Laurie Hamilton from Bennington, Vt. Said Marlborough, Mass., reader Matthew Sychantha: "These guys practically set up the world, combining punk, thrash metal and hair metal in an interesting, twisted style."

7. The Grateful Dead. "I feel a band's records are limiting; true musical genius comes through live music," wrote Carl Fuller, a Dead fan from Flagstaff, Ariz. "The Dead also created an entire tribal subculture in society. Few bands can claim this honor."

8. Queensryche. Some reasons why, according to David Russell in Fishkill, N.Y.: "They've endured 25 years of the changing rock scene. They still tour all the time, selling out all the time and putting on an unbeatable live show. Their music has evolved with the times and has never failed to succeed. Their lyrics are constantly full of thought-provoking material and deep meaning. They are the best all around band ... period!"

9. The Doors. "They had the complete package: musicianship, lyrics, songs and stage presence," wrote Michael Morris from Bourne, Mass. "But more importantly, their music has far transcended the band (even with the cult-psycho-martyr status of Jim Morrison) and stands the test of time. No one was doing, or will ever do, what The Doors did. They were the original alternative band, and that makes them the greatest American band."

10. R.E.M. "Their ability to link lyrics with great depth to an alternative/folk/rock sound is unparalleled in the world of music," said Lebanon, Pa., fan Jay McCumber. "There is no one who sounds like R.E.M. except R.E.M. Automatic For The People is the greatest American rock record ever."

11. The Allman Brothers Band and Fleetwood Mac (tie). "Duane Allman was one of the greatest guitar players that ever lived; a legitimate argument could even be made that he was the best," wrote Pittsburgh fan Ned Twyman. Jeff Sprankle from East Haddam, Conn., agreed, adding, "this band has had benders that have lasted longer than most bands' careers." As for the Mac, Debbie Gultice in Xenia, Ohio, said "harmonies between Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are haunting. And who has ever heard of a band with three songwriters who can create hits?"

12. Metallica. From Patrick Dickens: "Although I don't like where heavy metal is today, Metallica essentially created an entire sub-genre of rock 'n' roll. Even if some won't give them credit for creating heavy metal, there is no doubt that they defined it and carried everybody else along on their backs."

13. KISS. "Thirty-two years, millions of records, massive merchandising and a fan base that does not want them to stop touring, ever" qualify them as the best band, according to Christopher Burke in Colorado Springs. As for those live shows, Michael Gershe in Akron, Ohio, said they're "the most fun you can have for two hours with your clothes on."

14. The Ramones. "Every band, American or otherwise, has been influenced by them in some fashion," said Raleigh reader Tom Maeser. From Matt Cox: "They didn't burn out, they didn't fade away, and they weren't a one-hit wonder. They were a band who played to make music and turn people on. I got turned on to the Ramones in the fifth grade, and today, 20 years later, they are still my favorite band, and my kids' favorite band."

15. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Creedence Clearwater Revival (tie). Steve Howell from Bear, Del., had a few things to say about E Street: "From a recorded album perspective, (their) stuff is indescribable. If you haven't seen them, don't walk, run, to get tickets the next time they are in town. The first thing you will think after the show is, 'I want to ? no, I need to ? go again tomorrow night.'" And Creedence? "They define good ol' American rock," wrote Andrew Neuburger in Olathe, Kan. "They have 20+ songs that get regular play on many different radio formats. A great combination of rock, country, R&B, rockabilly and swamp pop made their songs accessible to everyone."

16. Dave Matthews Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd (tie). "DMB is the epitome of what American rock stands for: huge tours, loud rock and the working class," wrote Gabriel Wallis in Greenville, S.C. Mike Minnick in Morton, Pa., praised Skynyrd's "killer songs ... and they still tour in spite of losing so many members. And the music still sounds the same as when they were still complete."

17. The Beach Boys. "The Beach boys, fueled by Brian Wilson, were the only band to compete with arguably England's best-ever rock band, The Beatles," wrote Milwaukee fan Nick Blavat. "Pet Sounds still pushes what music is, even by a 2005 standard. Brian Wilson's George Lucas-like re-touching of the Beach Boys' unreleased masterpiece, Smile, clearly shows their staying power and influence in American music."

18. Nirvana. From Greg Mahoney, a college professor in Georgetown Township, Mich.: "The first time I heard Nevermind, to paraphrase Beck out of context, I knew things were gonna change, I could feel it. To bolster the point: I do most of my research in China, (and) during the nation's first Beer Festival, held in Shenzhen, a teenage cover band fronted by a punked-out Chinese girl ripped through Smells Like Teen Spirit with all the ferocity of Cobain and Co. Indeed, things had changed, and you could feel it."

19. The Replacements. Among Bill Walsh's long list of reasons for picking the 'Mats, the Illinois reader said that "Tommy Stinson was 13 when they recorded their first album, Sorry Ma, Forgot To take Out the Trash, "the high school in Heathers is Westerberg High" and, finally, "What other band would have the cojones to name an album Let It Be, which is better than the Beatles' version?"

Rounding out the list is ...

20. Bon Jovi. Unfortunately, most voters chose not to elaborate why Jon, Richie and the gang were tops. I guess they wanted the music to speak for itself ? or maybe they were just too busy rocking to type.

Pop Question: Got a question for Pearl Jam?

That's right, fans ? Mike McCready, Pearl Jam's lead guitarist, is taking a break from the studio to answer Pop Candy readers' queries. Submit yours to wmatheson@usatoday.com, along with your full name, city and state. Deadline for submissions is July 7 at 4 p.m. ET. Look for McCready's answers in next week's Pop Candy.

Pop Candy is a weekly column about popular culture. Click here to visit the archive. Click here to read Hip Clicks, Whitney's entertainment blog. E-mail Whitney at wmatheson@usatoday.com.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2005, 09:45:18 AM »

August 24, 2005 - Pearl Jam's Digital Bootlegs:

Pearl Jam's Bootleg Program Goes Digital
Beginning September 1

High-Quality, DRM-Free, Digital Recordings Available Just Hours After the Band's Live Shows at
WWW.PEARLJAM.COM

SEATTLE -Beginning with Pearl Jam's sold out concert at the Gorge in George, Washington on September 1, the band will begin releasing high quality digital downloads of their live shows exclusively at pearljam.com. The digital downloads will be available for most of the band's 2005 Canadian and US dates just hours after each show has ended; they will include special downloadable artwork and a slideshow specific to each night's show.

Pearl Jam's "digital bootlegs" will be professionally mixed in real-time at each show by Pearl Jam's longtime studio and live engineer, Brett Eliason. Eliason's company, Basecamp Productions, developed the software application that delivers and manages digital downloads. Pearl Jam has opted to encode the digital files at a higher than standard bit rate (192k) in an effort to balance manageable file sizes with very good sound quality. The cost is $9.99 per show.

The "digital bootlegs" are an extension of Pearl Jam's official bootleg CD program which was launched on the band's 2000 world tour; over three million bootlegs have been sold since the program's inception. "The concept for the bootlegs has always been about providing high quality recordings of our shows at an affordable price for the fans who collect them. A lot of the band's fans want to own a copy of the live show they saw in their hometown, or a particularly standout show they hear about from other fans. Making the bootlegs available in digital form is just a natural evolution for the bootleg CD program, and a response to more and more fans turning to the web to buy their music," said the band's manager, Kelly Curtis.

Pearl Jam's "digital bootlegs" are high resolution digital files that will be released without DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that fans can burn them to disc, transfer to them to MP3 players or an iPod, or play them from their hard drives. "The decision to exclude the DRM is unprecedented for a band of this size, but it's consistent with the band's sensibilities," says Tim Bierman, manager of the Pearl Jam Ten Club, which will oversee the digital bootleg program. "We want to make it as hassle-free as possible for someone to listen to a show they've downloaded regardless of what music-playing device they use," Bierman adds.

The technology supporting the "digital bootlegs" is provided by Basecamp Productions (www.basecampproductions.com). Basecamp Productions was founded by long-time Pearl Jam sound engineer Brett Eliason, and his business partner Joshua James. The company combines the expertise of Eliason - who was the technical architect of the Pearl Jam bootleg series from the 2000 and 2003 world tours - with Basecamp Production's proprietary software that delivers and manages digital downloads.

"The mission of Basecamp Productions is to provide artists with the ability to create their own branded online download systems so that they can sell high quality digital files through their websites, rather than re-directing traffic to a 3rd party website, explains Basecamp Productions' co-founder, Brett Eliason. He adds, "The Basecamp system integrates with the artists' existing website, allowing fans to download music direct from the artist."

http://www.sonymusic.net/artists/PearlJam/rumorpit/rumorpit.html

/jarmo

conny
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2005, 07:39:26 PM »

does anyone know what guitars the guitarists use in pearl jam?

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/gear/stone.html
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2005, 09:27:18 AM »

Pearl Jam Ready Harder CD

Guitarist McCready calls new songs "hard-rocking," with nods to punk and the Who

"It's a classic Pearl Jam record -- it's got the excitement of Vs. to it," guitarist Mike McCready says of the new CD his band has spent the past eight months recording in Seattle. "There's some powerful singing, and the music is pretty hard-rocking."

Produced by Adam Kasper (Soundgarden), the follow-up to 2002's Riot Act will be the band's first studio album for J Records. "It's really freeing to be on a new label," McCready says. "It feels like a brand new relationship and their excitement makes us feel confident about it."

Pearl Jam -- McCready, singer Eddie Vedder, guitarist Stone Gossard, bassist Jeff Ament and drummer Matt Cameron -- have eight songs in the can so far. McCready is especially psyched about "Severed Hand," a "heavy rocker" written by Gossard and "Worldwide Suicide," penned by Vedder. "['Worldwide'] is very punky and Who-ish," Gossard says. "It'll catch your attention." Other tentative songs include "Marker," "Cold Concession" and "2x4."

"We all came up with different songs for ourselves," McCready says. "We came in, edited and kicked out ideas. Ed's been a hardcore workhorse, experimenting with intense, layered vocals. It's hard-edge with some pop feel."

The band, currently on a North American tour, will head back into the studio to finish the still-untitled disc in October, and hopes to have it in stores early next year. Meanwhile, Pearl Jam will offer fans digital downloads of their live shows at pearljam.com, beginning with their September 1st concert in George, Washington.

BRIAN HIATT
(Posted Ago 25, 2005)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7586979/pearljam?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1&rnd=1124991070020&has-player=false

Sounds interesting... As usual! Cheesy

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2005, 01:55:48 AM »

sounds great, i can't wait to hear the new stuff
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #418 on: August 29, 2005, 08:26:54 PM »

The tour starts tonight!!!  I've never seen them, almost did in 2003 (I won't get into that), but I will see them 3 times on this tour...  Ottawa and the 2 shows in my hometown, St. John's, Newfoundland.  I can't fucking wait.  Newfoundland NEVER gets bands this big so those shows are going to be wild.  Yeah, I am a little excited.  Who else is going to be seeing them on this mini tour? 

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: August 29, 2005, 11:47:21 PM »

I recently got back into my Pearl Jam cd's again. I still think Yield is one of the best cd's released in the 90's. The early to mid 90's is my favorite time for music. There was some great stuff going on in that period.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: