Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 04:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 259332 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #820 on: August 21, 2009, 04:34:07 AM »

Cool!  They do have that abililty - to make each gig seem intimate.  At Reading festival I felt the same,  it was really personal and intimate, even amongst thousands and thousands of people! Even a friend of mine who only saw a few songs and isnt a big fan commented that it seemed really special to the band and everyone there watching, and thats quite a rare thing at a festival when people are there for different bands.

I think people really listen to eddie and respect him when he tries to make sure people are ok, since the Roskilde tragedy, which must be a horrible thing to experience as a musician - so when he tells people to move back and look after each other, I do think people pay attention.  There seems a huge amount of mutual respect between the band themselves and their fans.  ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #821 on: August 21, 2009, 05:36:02 AM »

They've always been like that with the crowd even before what happened at roskilde. I've heard bootlegs where they will stop mid song if someone fell or if someone is doing something stupid that could hurt someone and refuse to continue until they know everyone is ok.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #822 on: August 21, 2009, 05:52:02 AM »

It's just so different to what I'm used to. Fans who think doing the opposite what the band wants you to is the cool thing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #823 on: August 21, 2009, 07:18:43 AM »

They've always been like that with the crowd even before what happened at roskilde. I've heard bootlegs where they will stop mid song if someone fell or if someone is doing something stupid that could hurt someone and refuse to continue until they know everyone is ok.

Hats off to them.  Makes it even more devastating that Roskilde happened to a band who historically did always try and make sure everyone was ok.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #824 on: August 21, 2009, 10:49:49 PM »

Hats off to them.  Makes it even more devastating that Roskilde happened to a band who historically did always try and make sure everyone was ok.

Yeah it really hit all of them hard.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #825 on: August 22, 2009, 03:31:05 PM »

they just get better and better.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Chief
Legend

« Reply #826 on: September 08, 2009, 09:08:33 PM »

Backspacer Q&A

http://www.billboard.com/features/pearl-jam-the-backspacer-audio-q-as-1004009693.story#/features/pearl-jam-the-backspacer-audio-q-as-1004009693.story

There's also a link to the new PJ video the Fixer on that link.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:56:59 PM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #827 on: September 11, 2009, 08:38:57 AM »

Not sure if this is "news" or not but it certainly sounds cool and will most likely get me to buy the album.  And I haven't bought a Pearl Jam album since Binaural, so that's saying something.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9203

Pearl Jam Giveaway Two Lives Shows With Album Purchase
by Paul Cashmere - September 9 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Pearl Jam is offering downloads of two entire US shows for anyone who purchases their new album Backspacer.

Backspacer will be released on September 18.

The album will come with a bonus five hours of additional live tracks from show in Halifax (22/09/05), Philadelphia (03/10/05), Santiago (21/11/05), Chicago (17/05/06), Grand Rapids (19/05/06), Camden (28/05/06), E Rutherford (06/03/06), San Francisco (16/07/06), New York (25/06/06), Hartford (27/06/08) and Mansfield (28/06/08).

If you buy the CD and insert it into your computer, you will be able to access the code for the downloads. Additionally, if you buy the album from iTunes or GetMusic.com it will come with the access code.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #828 on: September 11, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »

Not sure if this is "news" or not but it certainly sounds cool and will most likely get me to buy the album.  And I haven't bought a Pearl Jam album since Binaural, so that's saying something.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9203

Pearl Jam Giveaway Two Lives Shows With Album Purchase
by Paul Cashmere - September 9 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Pearl Jam is offering downloads of two entire US shows for anyone who purchases their new album Backspacer.

Backspacer will be released on September 18.

The album will come with a bonus five hours of additional live tracks from show in Halifax (22/09/05), Philadelphia (03/10/05), Santiago (21/11/05), Chicago (17/05/06), Grand Rapids (19/05/06), Camden (28/05/06), E Rutherford (06/03/06), San Francisco (16/07/06), New York (25/06/06), Hartford (27/06/08) and Mansfield (28/06/08).

If you buy the CD and insert it into your computer, you will be able to access the code for the downloads. Additionally, if you buy the album from iTunes or GetMusic.com it will come with the access code.

Hmm i pre ordered it through pearl jam.com. I hope i get the code. That is so cool of them to do.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #829 on: September 11, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »

Apparently Backspacer has leaked.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #830 on: September 11, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »

Apparently Backspacer has leaked.

Now i gotta decide if i can resist not listening until i get the cd in the mail next week.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #831 on: September 11, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »

I am not too sure weather to buy this album or not, i gone off pearl jam since the ten re master...... there singles are really great, but the last album was seriously bland in my opinion, it just seems they got into a rut, i suppose the same producer album after album can't really help. 

For those people who download the album early, could they post what kind of album it is ?

Thanks Giant Robot...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #832 on: September 12, 2009, 03:57:14 PM »

I saw this earlier, Spin Magazine's review...

http://www.spin.com/reviews/pearl-jam-backspacer-monkeywrench

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #833 on: September 13, 2009, 01:34:13 AM »

I saw this earlier, Spin Magazine's review...

http://www.spin.com/reviews/pearl-jam-backspacer-monkeywrench
good review.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #834 on: September 17, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9288

Pearl Jam Offer Travel Package From US To Aussie Shows
by Paul Cashmere - September 17 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Pearl Jam`s upcoming Australian tour won`t be for just the Aussies. A tour company in the United States is offering an eight-day trip to Australia with VIP tickets to see Pearl Jam.

Down Under Answers has 100 packages available starting from $US2945.

That includes your round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Australia, all accommodation, breakfast, touring and transportation within Australia plus tickets and VIP early entry privileges including Pearl Jam tour mementos.

Add an extra $1615 to the price and you can extend the trip to an extra four nights in New Zealand.

Pearl Jam tour dates are:

November 14, Perth, Members Equity Stadium
November 17, Adelaide, Adelaide Oval
November 20, Melbourne, Etihad Stadium
November 22, Sydney, Sydney Football Stadium
November 25, Brisbane, QSAC Stadium
November 29, Christchurch, AMI Stadium

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #835 on: September 17, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »

Jamming over Pearl's latest tracks

With his band's ninth studio album about to hit stores, Eddie Vedder gives Brad Wheeler a backgrounder on its 11 new songs

Sep. 17, 2009

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/jamming-over-pearls-latest-tracks/article1290301/actions.jsp

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #836 on: September 17, 2009, 12:18:13 PM »

Can't wait to hear the new album. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #837 on: September 17, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9288

Pearl Jam Offer Travel Package From US To Aussie Shows
by Paul Cashmere - September 17 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Pearl Jam`s upcoming Australian tour won`t be for just the Aussies. A tour company in the United States is offering an eight-day trip to Australia with VIP tickets to see Pearl Jam.

Down Under Answers has 100 packages available starting from $US2945.

That includes your round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Australia, all accommodation, breakfast, touring and transportation within Australia plus tickets and VIP early entry privileges including Pearl Jam tour mementos.

Add an extra $1615 to the price and you can extend the trip to an extra four nights in New Zealand.

Pearl Jam tour dates are:

November 14, Perth, Members Equity Stadium
November 17, Adelaide, Adelaide Oval
November 20, Melbourne, Etihad Stadium
November 22, Sydney, Sydney Football Stadium
November 25, Brisbane, QSAC Stadium
November 29, Christchurch, AMI Stadium

Are meet and greets around the corner too?  Roll Eyes

Lame.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #838 on: September 18, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »

I ordered Backspacer through the Ten Club and got my copy yesterday. Jamming it now  peace

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #839 on: September 18, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »

The entire "Backspacer" album is available for streaming at their MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

And here's their Target ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QYAWXK7fo
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:29:55 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: