Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:26:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 275276 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #660 on: February 20, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »

Last I checked they were on SonyRecords.

Nice try though.

Actually they aren't. They are on J records. They left Sony when their contract ended. Nice try also.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #661 on: February 20, 2008, 07:17:45 PM »

Nice try though.

Actually they aren't. They are on J records. They left Sony when their contract ended. Nice try also.

J records is a label under the SONY Umbrella.

nice try again.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #662 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »

From the Pearl Jam myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

Record Label Monkeywrench
Type of Label Indie

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #663 on: February 20, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »

Nice try though.

nice try again.

Still not directly sony. Its owned by Clive Davis i beleive, besides your favorite band bon jovi is under Island which is under the umbrealla of Universal. So what is your point about not shying away from major labels. You can't even make that claim about your favorite band.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #664 on: February 20, 2008, 07:43:09 PM »

From the Pearl Jam myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

Record Label Monkeywrench
Type of Label Indie

Their last studio album was on J records though but the last cd they released was on rhino
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #665 on: February 20, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

Nice try though.

nice try again.

Still not directly sony. Its owned by Clive Davis i beleive, besides your favorite band bon jovi is under Island which is under the umbrealla of Universal. So what is your point about not shying away from major labels. You can't even make that claim about your favorite band.

http://www.pearljam.com/timeline/
November 10, 2003
Pearl Jam offer their "Man of the Hour" CD single exclusively on pearljam.com for release in late November. The song was written solely for the Tim Burton movie Big Fish and marks Pearl Jam's first release since leaving the Sony Epic label. The single contains both the studio soundtrack version and the original demo.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
vulgar
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #666 on: February 20, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »

As much of a pj fan as i am. i think eddie should continue his solo project. the into the wild soundtrack shit all over everything made after yield. i say pj releases one more studio album then calls it quits. sorry if thats a little harsh. but it needed to be said.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #667 on: February 20, 2008, 08:31:44 PM »

I don't think they're quitting anytime soon. I know they're getting together to begin work on their next album before eddie does his solo tour.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #668 on: February 20, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »

As much of a pj fan as i am. i think eddie should continue his solo project. the into the wild soundtrack shit all over everything made after yield. i say pj releases one more studio album then calls it quits. sorry if thats a little harsh. but it needed to be said.

Damn still haven't checked that out yet. Is it really that good?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #669 on: February 21, 2008, 12:35:36 AM »

Why does J records still list them as an artist?

Why bring Bon Jovi into this? No shit they are a mainstream band and proud of it. They've never ran away or tried to be something they arent. Im just pointing out all mainstream bands are a little in it for the cash even Pearl Jam.

vulgar
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #670 on: February 21, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »

Damn still haven't checked that out yet. Is it really that good?

fuck yeah

check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDorNilxPUY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3SxCph5I1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uik8nDm9FLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwNEbFqqfU
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:25:21 AM by vulgar » Logged
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #671 on: February 22, 2008, 08:01:54 PM »

Everytime I listen to Ed's record, it always sounds better than before. Beautiful peace of art. Smiley

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
vulgar
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #672 on: February 22, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »

Everytime I listen to Ed's record, it always sounds better than before. Beautiful peace of art. Smiley

eddie vedder is the most beautiful person on the planet.
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #673 on: February 23, 2008, 08:00:45 AM »

^True!  Only someone so beautiful would write that way... and smile that way, and sing that way, and so on... love

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #674 on: February 23, 2008, 08:08:51 AM »

I've always thought that Eddie Vedder is a rather intense man, and this is reflected in his music.  peace

War is over, if you want it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #675 on: March 18, 2008, 03:43:18 AM »

Just saw the "No More" Video and WOW it is fucking powerful and amazing. ok ok

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #676 on: March 18, 2008, 10:02:34 AM »

I think their J Records deal was only for one album.  They're free agents again.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #677 on: March 18, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »

I've always thought that Eddie Vedder is a rather intense man, and this is reflected in his music.  peace

You obviously have not seen the movie "Singles" hihi

Just kidding. You're right - He's intense and it shows
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #678 on: March 22, 2008, 11:14:17 AM »

The Pulse of Radio reports: PEARL JAM has unveiled the details of a 10-date summer tour that will begin on June 11 in West Palm Beach, Florida, according to Billboard.com. The dates are scheduled around the group's mid-June appearance at the Bonnaroo Festival in Manchester, Tennessee and will be the band's first live shows since playing just two concerts in 2007. KINGS OF LEON will support the group from June 11 through June 17, with TED LEO AND THE PHARMACISTS doing the honors on the rest of the gigs.

Bassist Jeff Ament told Billboard.com that he's looking forward to the band's first Bonnaroo appearance, where they'll be playing with METALLICA. Ament said, "The thing that's probably the most exciting to me is that we've been a band for 17 or 18 years and there's still things like this that we haven't done."

PEARL JAM recently got together for a week to begin putting together ideas for their next album, although Ament warned, "It doesn't mean there'll be a record our next month, but it's the start of the process. Sometimes it takes six months and sometimes it takes two years."

Singer Eddie Vedder will start his first-ever solo tour on April 2 in Vancouver, Canada.

Confirmed PEARL JAM tour dates:

June 11 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
June 12 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
June 13-15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
June 16 - Columbia, SC - Colonial Center
June 17 - Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless Center
June 19 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
June 22 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
June 24 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
June 25 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
June 27 - Hartford, CT - Dodge Music Center
June 30 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #679 on: May 16, 2008, 01:03:59 AM »

From Billboard.com

Pearl Jam Plans To Let New Songs 'Grow Up'

May 15, 2008, 6:15 PM ET
Gary Graff, Detroit
Pearl Jam has gotten a start on its next album, but it's still in "its very infant stages" according to guitarist Mike McCready.

"We've had one session of writing and it has yielded ... about five ideas so far," McCready told Billboard.com during a conference call with reporters about this year's Bonnaroo Music Festival, which Pearl Jam will headline on June 14. "Some of it's kind of poppy and some of it's a little hard. We want it to grow up a little bit. We have to revisit it a few times."

Pearl Jam is working on the album, the follow-up to 2006's "Pearl Jam," with longtime associate Brendan O'Brien. And though the band is known for previewing new and unrecorded material at its shows, McCready says that's unlikely to happen on Pearl Jam's upcoming North American tour.

"We might get into some sort of jam," the guitarist said. "We have about 200 songs to pull from, so we'll do that and maybe do some obscure B-sides. For new stuff, I don't know if we have it refined enough to want to play it in front of an audience yet. We don't want to hack in front of everybody."

Nevertheless, McCready said Pearl Jam is looking forward to its first visit to Bonnaroo, where drummer Matt Cameron will also be performing a jazz set. "I think it's a perfect fit," McCready said. "We try to keep everything as in-house and small and as punk rock and do-it-yourself as we can. That's part of our way of doing business. That fits right in with how Bonnaroo is doing theirs."

As for jamming with other acts at the festival, McCready said that "if we run into somebody, 'Hey, you want to come up and jam?,' that's kind of how our band works." But he's hoping to run into one person in particular.

"I'd love to have Jack White up," McCready said. "I think he's just a phenomenal guitar player. I'd love to see him play up close ... because he's got a killer voice and he's a great lead player, too. That would be exciting to me."

McCready also said that Pearl Jam plans to continue making live recordings available to fans from its upcoming tour -- which starts June 11 in West Palm Beach, Fla. -- but isn't sure what form that will take yet.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: