Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 260006 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #720 on: February 21, 2009, 01:22:24 AM »

Seems like a damn good deal

I bought the Metallica Coffin Box! What a rip off that fucking thing was.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #721 on: February 21, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »

Its a little cheaper at bestbuy.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #722 on: February 22, 2009, 01:48:39 AM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Just kidding.  I've always said I'm glad we had Best Buy to help put out Chinese.

As for PJ, I don't see it as a ripoff.  To me, PJ is one of the most important bands, just like GN'R.  If GN'R put out a cool boxset, I would buy it, like I am going to buy this one.

And I really can't wait for the new album/tour.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #723 on: February 22, 2009, 02:01:50 AM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Just kidding.  I've always said I'm glad we had Best Buy to help put out Chinese.

As for PJ, I don't see it as a ripoff.  To me, PJ is one of the most important bands, just like GN'R.  If GN'R put out a cool boxset, I would buy it, like I am going to buy this one.

Oh i don't think its a ripoff either even the amazon price. I think its a great boxset. I was just mentioning its a bit cheaper at an actual store it doesn't have to be shipped from which will save people who can go to bestbuy a little money.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #724 on: February 22, 2009, 02:13:19 AM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Oh i don't think its a ripoff either even the amazon price. I think its a great boxset. I was just mentioning its a bit cheaper at an actual store it doesn't have to be shipped from which will save people who can go to bestbuy a little money.

Well I'm glad you mentioned it, I'm always down to save a few dollars.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #725 on: February 22, 2009, 06:10:40 AM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Yeah it never hurts to save a little money. Its $15 less at bestbuy. I'm sure tax is less than the shipping and handling would be from amazon and you don't have to wait for it to arrive.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #726 on: February 22, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Yeah it never hurts to save a little money. Its $15 less at bestbuy. I'm sure tax is less than the shipping and handling would be from amazon and you don't have to wait for it to arrive.
Then again, there's virtually no chance of getting the set signed if you order it through BB.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Then again, there's virtually no chance of getting the set signed if you order it through BB.

Why do you say that?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #728 on: February 22, 2009, 08:58:44 PM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Why do you say that?

pearljam.com:

- Pre-Orders randomly to be selected to be signed by PJ members

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #729 on: February 22, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »

bestbuy.

Lips Sealed

Why do you say that?

pearljam.com:

- Pre-Orders randomly to be selected to be signed by PJ members

/jarmo

Oh cool. I wonder how many they will end up signing.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #730 on: March 08, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »

This has nothing to do with the new boxset...but I thought I'd share my new found love to the most underrated PJ album.

For the past weeks I've been listening to "No Code" again on heavy rotation. And my God what an underrated album that is/was. It's not the best PJ album by any means, but it's fucking good. I just don't understand why it sold poorly - maybe the single selection had something to do with it. No Code is a solid album, with at least 5-6 really good songs.

My favs are; Sometimes, Hail Hail (incredible bridge), In my tree, Red Mosquito, Around the bend and the incredibly simple yet wonderful "Smile" (probably amongst my favorite 5 PJ songs ever).

I can't wait for the new PJ album. Bring it on Eddie!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #731 on: March 08, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »

I think there were many reasons for that.

They weren't making videos at the time and they didn't tour as much as previously.

It's not a bad album at all....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #732 on: March 08, 2009, 06:46:06 PM »

This has nothing to do with the new boxset...but I thought I'd share my new found love to the most underrated PJ album.

For the past weeks I've been listening to "No Code" again on heavy rotation. And my God what an underrated album that is/was. It's not the best PJ album by any means, but it's fucking good. I just don't understand why it sold poorly - maybe the single selection had something to do with it. No Code is a solid album, with at least 5-6 really good songs.

My favs are; Sometimes, Hail Hail (incredible bridge), In my tree, Red Mosquito, Around the bend and the incredibly simple yet wonderful "Smile" (probably amongst my favorite 5 PJ songs ever).

I can't wait for the new PJ album. Bring it on Eddie!

That's the last Pearl Jam album I really enjoyed fully.  "Smile" is one of my faves too.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #733 on: March 08, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »

I always loved no code and thought it had some of their best songs on it. I think their feud with ticketmaster at the time and trying to tour without using their venues at the time hurt that album.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #734 on: March 09, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

I always dug No Code too. Present Tense is one of my favs.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #735 on: March 09, 2009, 03:12:37 PM »

I always dug No Code too. Present Tense is one of my favs.
That song quite possibly saved me from the brink of suicide. The lyrics are so moving, and so truthful. No Code is one of my top 3 PJ albums.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GeraldFord
« Reply #736 on: March 22, 2009, 05:21:43 AM »

Love No Code, an underrated album.

I heard the new version of "Even Flow," (the B.O.B mix) and it sounds really cool--it's like a whole other song, much rawer.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #737 on: March 22, 2009, 08:44:04 AM »

I heard the new version of "Even Flow," (the B.O.B mix) and it sounds really cool--it's like a whole other song, much rawer.

huh?
GeraldFord
« Reply #738 on: March 22, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

huh?

The new edition of Ten has two CDs--Ten remastered and Ten remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #739 on: March 22, 2009, 09:14:04 AM »

sounds cool, might check into that
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: