Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 11:59:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 260333 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #700 on: December 19, 2008, 10:00:52 PM »

Thats the one i want too. I really want an official release of the mtv unplugged. I have a bootleg version of it but i want a properly mastered version.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #701 on: January 10, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

Thats the one i want too. I really want an official release of the mtv unplugged. I have a bootleg version of it but i want a properly mastered version.

It's going to be awesome.  ok

//JK
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #702 on: January 11, 2009, 02:29:07 AM »

We're gonna get this awesome box-set, a new album and a tour.

2009 is gonna be a jizztastic year to be a Pearl Jam fan.  drool
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #703 on: January 11, 2009, 03:15:53 AM »

This re-release is also the start of their intentions to re-release their entire back catalog. So whoknows what goodies they'll add to the other re-releases.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #704 on: January 11, 2009, 03:54:33 AM »

Pearl Jam was always one of my favorite bands back in the day, and I still buy every album they put out.  Am I the only one who prefers the sound they had on TEN?   
I could never really put my finger on how their sound changed until I heard the re-mixed stuff on the greatest hits album.  Man, leave those songs alone.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #705 on: January 11, 2009, 04:44:33 AM »

This re-release is also the start of their intentions to re-release their entire back catalog. So whoknows what goodies they'll add to the other re-releases.

I'm happy to get those demos from Ten.  I have them but they sound like crap, so having re-mastered demos will make me soooo happy.

My one wish is for PJ to release the 1992 PinkPop festival show on DVD. 

And I can't believe they re-issued the Stickman "Alive" shirt!  That thing is siiiiiick!

It will be mine.  Oh yes it will.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #706 on: January 11, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »

I'm happy to get those demos from Ten.  I have them but they sound like crap, so having re-mastered demos will make me soooo happy.

And I can't believe they re-issued the Stickman "Alive" shirt!  That thing is siiiiiick!

I have a bootleg of that too. That would be nice to be released officially too, maybe with one of the next re-releases.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #707 on: January 11, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »

I have a bootleg of that too. That would be nice to be released officially too, maybe with one of the next re-releases.

That show is just ill.

PJ keeps their fans happy.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #708 on: January 11, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »

It's being released on my birthday... so I'm probably going to talk my girlfriend into buying me the Collector's Edition off of Amazon. The list price is $199.99 but it's 139.99 on Amazon. One of the best albums from the 90's and one of the first albums I ever owned... so I would love to have all the extra shit it comes with.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
GeraldFord
« Reply #709 on: January 18, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »

Anyone pick up Jeff Ament's new album Tone?  Any good?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #710 on: January 18, 2009, 01:01:10 PM »

I didn't.

And I'll tell you why.

That song Sweet Lew on Lost Dogs is probably the only Pearl Jam song I can't listen to.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #711 on: February 18, 2009, 06:48:31 PM »

Check out some tracks from the upcoming Ten re-issue:

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokingsection/2009/02/pearl-jam-two-new-tracks.php

http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #712 on: February 19, 2009, 01:02:21 AM »

I got my anniversary Stickman t-shirt to celebrate the re-issue.

The Ten Club has a stickman t-shirt contest going, there are some cool designs!  I believe they are going to manufacture the winning design.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #713 on: February 19, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »

I have wanted to say this for a long time, and I even posted it once and deleted it again.  My husband and I employ Pearl Jams tour manager's father. We are not  big Pearl Jam fans so the two of us in no way benefit from this by choice, we have previously been offered many times, but just don't take advantage.  Anyway got it out of my system now that I have shared Wink.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #714 on: February 19, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »

And now that you have shared that bit of information with us, people are going to bombard you with ticket requests.

Starting with me.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE get some tickets for yours truly!

Grin
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #715 on: February 20, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »

Like I said, I reap no benefits, its kinda more along the lines of "it's a small world" sorta thing, how weird is it that we have had the opportunity to meet and no a small relation to this particular band, I suppose if we were at all into them, it would indeed be the perfect hookup ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #716 on: February 20, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »

I didn't.

And I'll tell you why.

That song Sweet Lew on Lost Dogs is probably the only Pearl Jam song I can't listen to.....

/jarmo
Well, in his defense, Pilate is a good song and he did write the guitars for Smile.

Anyone else buy the Super Deluxe reissue? I kinda feel like a bastard dropping that kind of money on it, but hell, it's worth it.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #717 on: February 20, 2009, 09:12:36 PM »

200 bucks for a box set?

WOW

what does it have in it again?

shit for that, it better have a free ticket or something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #718 on: February 20, 2009, 09:39:08 PM »

Well, in his defense, Pilate is a good song and he did write the guitars for Smile.

Yeah, he's written some other stuff that's great.

That song though, is the only PJ song I skip....  hihi

200 bucks for a box set?

$140 at Amazon:

COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX SET (2 CDs plus DVD, 4 LPs and Cassette):
CD 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
CD 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien, plus six bonus tracks:"Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues",and "Evil Little Goat."
DVD of Pearl Jam's previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix.
LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O'Brien
LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park - Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O'Brien) "Even Flow," "Once," "State Of Love And Trust," "Why Go," "Deep,", "Jeremy," "Black," "Alive," "Garden," "Porch"
Cassette: replica of original "Momma-Son" Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps"
Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam's early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #719 on: February 20, 2009, 10:07:17 PM »

Yeah, he's written some other stuff that's great.

That song though, is the only PJ song I skip....  hihi

200 bucks for a box set?

Totally worth the price IMO.

$140 at Amazon:

COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX SET (2 CDs plus DVD, 4 LPs and Cassette):
CD 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
CD 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien, plus six bonus tracks:"Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues",and "Evil Little Goat."
DVD of Pearl Jam's previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix.
LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O'Brien
LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park - Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O'Brien) "Even Flow," "Once," "State Of Love And Trust," "Why Go," "Deep,", "Jeremy," "Black," "Alive," "Garden," "Porch"
Cassette: replica of original "Momma-Son" Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps"
Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam's early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.

/jarmo
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: