Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 12:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228158 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 260339 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #680 on: May 17, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »

Apparently Eddie might do some solo shows in the US later this year.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #681 on: June 21, 2008, 08:54:42 PM »

Holy shit......saw Pearl Jam last night in Camden, NJ and I was completely blown away.  It may have been the best concert I've ever been to (no offense GNR)

Eddie came out before hand and did "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away".....then joked around for a bit and introduced the warm-up band.

They came back out at about 9:15 and completed rocked.  Not only was the band on point........the ampitheatre featured an unbelievable view of the Philadelphia skyline.

The set-list:
Severed Hand
Brain of J
Animal
Dissident (f'in amazing live)
Low Light
Down
Nothing As It Seems
Green Disease
Love Boat Captain
Corduroy
Even Flow
Thin Air
Daughter w/ War mixed in
Insignificance
W.M.A.
Do the Evolution
Whipping
Better Man
Why Go
Lukin
Comatose
Given to Fly
Rearviewmirror
Footsteps
Once
Alive
Baba O'Riley

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #682 on: June 21, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

They actually did W.M.A. in full? I can't remember the last time they played that one.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #683 on: June 21, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »

I'm going to see Pearl Jam next week.  Pretty excited about that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #684 on: June 21, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »

They actually did W.M.A. in full? I can't remember the last time they played that one.

Yeah it was great.  I pretty much heard most of my favorite songs there that night.  Would have liked to heard Black, but I can't complain by any means.  

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #685 on: June 21, 2008, 11:35:23 PM »

Yeah it was great.  I pretty much heard most of my favorite songs there that night.  Would have liked to heard Black, but I can't complain by any means.  

Yeah i couldn't complain about that set either. Now i'm curious how long its been since they played w.m.a. in full. I found the answer. before this show they played it at bonnaroo this year in full for the first time since 1995.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:45:51 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2008, 09:53:05 AM »

Saw them in Virginia Beach last week.  Show was awesome  ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #687 on: June 25, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »

I can't believe in 2003 that I missed Pearl Jam playing in my fucking hometown of State College, PA.  I was away at the time, but you'd think that would just be another wham, bam, thank you ma'am show.  Turns out they played their longest show up to that date, 36 songs and over 3 hours of awesome rock.  They didn't want to leave.  I eventually bought the bootleg and it's funny to listen to during the 2nd encore break.........Eddie's like, "I see people were starting to leave....this is the last show of the tour and we're not quite ready to go home yet.  Infact maybe we'll make this the longest Pearl Jam show ever."  Then they play another encore and finish with pretty much every song they usually finish with.  Amazing freaking night.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #688 on: June 25, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »

I hate that they often end concerts with a cover of the Who

They have so many brilliant options to end a show with, yet...........
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #689 on: June 27, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »

Anyone know of anywhere besides dime the recording of one of the MSG shows might have been posted? The wankers at Dime banned it cause they don't allow alternate sources of upcoming official releases. Which i completely don't understand the band is still gonna make money from the official release.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #690 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:58 PM »

Man, I love Pearl Jam. I've managed to knock through all of the albums and a lot of b-sides and I have to say, they're tied with GN'R for my favorite band.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #691 on: June 28, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »

Saw them last night in Hartford.  They sounded great, as expected.  Good times.

Strangely Eddie Vedder dedicated "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" to a number of Connecticut towns including the small town I grew up in, and the town I currently live in.  I think Eddie's stalking me. 

http://blogs.courant.com/eric_danton_sound_check/2008/06/review-pearl-jam-in-hartford.html

While the band showed hints of punk-rock roots in its urgent riffs and underdog attitude, Vedder demonstrated a populist streak, too. He dedicated early favorite "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" to Manchester, Ellington, New Britain and Danbury, which was surely a first.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 04:11:30 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #692 on: June 28, 2008, 07:57:25 PM »

Thats pretty cool he dedicated a song to your town.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #693 on: June 29, 2008, 02:57:46 AM »

Thats pretty cool he dedicated a song to your town.
Yeah it was real cool.  Such a small town at that, I'm surprised he even knew the name.  Shows he did some research or knows the area.  He also referenced package stores in Colchester which is sort of a local thing.  I went to college in NY and whenever I said package store I'd get a weird look.  That's what we call places that sell beer in these parts.  They sound great live, Eddie's really got a great voice.  Loved hearing "Smile", "Last Exit", and "Not For You", among others.

Just a correction.  I found the clip on youtube today and he doesn't refer to them as "package stores", just liquor stores.  Still cool enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJjIdNpEX4
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:49:45 PM by faldor » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #694 on: December 10, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »

Pearl Jam Raids Vaults For 'Ten' Reissue

December 10, 2008 09:59 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Pearl Jam has unearthed a host of unreleased tracks and special surprises from its vaults for a deluxe reissue of its fabled 1991 debut album, "Ten." Four different editions will be available March 24 from Epic; pre-orders begin today (Dec. 10) at PearlJam.com.

Each version includes a digitally remastered version of the original album as well as a completely new remix of the set by longtime producer Brendan O'Brien, who did not work on "Ten" but produced Pearl Jam's subsequent four albums. Bassist Jeff Ament and designer Andy Fischer teamed to revamp the artwork.

The O'Brien disc also includes six previously unreleased songs from the era: early versions of "Breath" and "State of Love and Trust," "Brother" (with vocals, not the instrumental version from the 2003 rarities collection "Lost Dogs"), "Just a Girl," "Evil Little Goat" and "2,000 Mile Blues," a Stevie Ray Vaughan-inspired jam with improvised vocals from frontman Eddie Vedder.

Band members have been asking O'Brien to take a crack at a complete remix for years, and he gave the idea a trial run when he remixed the "Ten" tracks "Once," "Black" and "Alive" for Pearl Jam's 2004 greatest hits album "Rearviewmirror."

"The original 'Ten' sound is what millions of people bought, dug and loved, so I was initially hesitant to mess around with that," says O'Brien of the album, which has sold 9.58 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and vaulted Pearl Jam to global superstardom. "After years of persistent nudging from the band, I was able to wrap my head around the idea of offering it as a companion piece to the original -- giving a fresh take on it, a more direct sound."

The "Legacy" edition of "Ten" adds a DVD of Pearl Jam's previously unreleased 1992 performance on "MTV Unplugged," including a never-aired version of "Oceans." The audio has been remixed in 5.1 surround sound. Fans can also opt for a double-vinyl version featuring the original "Ten" on one LP and O'Brien's remix on the other.

But the package sure to send hardcore fans into a tizzy is the "Super Deluxe Edition," which features two CDs, a DVD and four vinyl records. It is housed in a linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box with a replica of an item second to none in Pearl Jam lore.

In 1990, when bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Stone Gossard and Mike McCready were getting the nascent Pearl Jam going in Seattle, they recorded three instrumentals to send to the then-unknown Eddie Vedder, who'd been recommended by Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Jack Irons.

Vedder, then living in San Diego, overdubbed vocals onto the tape, in the process creating the songs "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps" (he was invited to join the band within weeks). Poor quality bootlegs of the demo, dubbed "Momma-Son," have circulated for years, but the "Super Deluxe Edition" will include a crystal-clear dub of the tape on a replica cassette.

In addition, fans will receive Pearl Jam's previously unreleased Sept. 20, 1992, concert at Seattle's Magnuson Park (dubbed Drop in the Park) on two vinyl LPs and a replica of Vedder's composition notebook packed with notes, photos and memorabilia from the "Ten" era. This version will sell for $140.

The "Ten" reissue is the first piece of a two-year campaign culminating with the band's 20th anniversary in 2011. Additional details have yet to be announced.

Meanwhile, Pearl Jam is recording its ninth studio album (its first with O'Brien producing since 1998's "Yield"), which is expected for release next year.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #695 on: December 11, 2008, 04:52:08 PM »

I can't wait for this...

One of my favorite albums by one of my favorite bands. It sounds like they're really going all out for this reissue... which kicks ass.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #696 on: December 11, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »

This is going to be so sweet!

No more going to YouTube to see the Unplugged stuff!

No more listening to grainy downloads of unreleased tracks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #697 on: December 11, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »

This is sweet. I would love an official version of their unplugged. That was one of the best performances i've ever seen.
GeraldFord
« Reply #698 on: December 12, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »

I'm going to go with the "Legacy" version.

Would love to hear a remastered version plus a Brendan O'Brien remix.

Really looking forward to this one!

Now only if Use Your Illusion would get the same treatment!
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #699 on: December 19, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

I think i will be getting the  Deluxe Edition:

2. Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD specially designed hardbound package):
? Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
? Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: “Brother,” “Just a Girl,” “State of Love and Trust,” “Breath and a Scream,” “2,000 Mile Blues” and “Evil Little Goat”
? DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of “Oceans” with 5.1 surround sound audio remix

I really want the unplugged concert and the remixes sounded great on the greatest hits.. so i cant wait for the full remix album.
 Smiley

Thanks Giant Robot...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: