Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 275068 times)
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2005, 11:39:40 AM »

thanks for the quick and precise answer, i'll check them out.

I dont really expect the songs to be in the style of pearl jam but they should be interesting as i have been getting into nusrat fateh ali khan recently and this guy was an awesome singer.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #361 on: March 15, 2005, 08:40:58 PM »

Pearl Jam Find Their Edge

Rockers wrapping new album, readying tour

Pearl Jam are almost finished with their follow-up to 2002's Riot Act. The band plans to spend the next three weeks in the studio recording vocals and mixing. If all goes according to plan, the yet-to-be-titled disc could be released as early as May.
"There's a lot more up-tempo stuff," says drummer Matt Cameron. "It's a lot more rockin' than our last one." Song titles like "Severed Hand," "Worldwide Suicide" and "2x4" seem to reflect that harder edge. Though the track listing has not been finalized, other candidates include "Marker" and "Cold Concession."

Cameron, who teamed with guitarist Mike McCready on the track "Unemployable," characterizes the sessions as more collaborative. "We reworked everything together in the studio," he says. "It's a really healthy environment -- everyone really just wants to dig in and make the songs as good as they can be."

Pearl Jam hope to support the new record with a summer tour.

GREG PRATO
(Posted Mar 15, 2005)

http://www.rollingstone.com/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #362 on: March 15, 2005, 09:10:32 PM »

i saw that earlier, great news i bet they start the tour in europe this time.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #363 on: March 16, 2005, 08:11:34 AM »

Cool! more-up-tempo stuff sounds good to me. I was kinda dissapointed with their last album though, I am mine is a good song, so is Thumbing my way but the rest of the album was weak.

I sure won't miss them this time. They didn't come to Madrid the last time they were around, they hopefully will this time.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #364 on: March 16, 2005, 12:20:14 PM »

Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder did some songs with a pakistani quawali singer called Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, has anybody heard these songs? r they any good? and what album r they on?

really? i must chek that out. nusrat fateh ali khan died ages ago. my family used 2 own a lot of his trax

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #365 on: March 16, 2005, 05:30:25 PM »

They didn't come to Madrid the last time they were around, they hopefully will this time.

As far as I know, they've never played in Madrid. The only Spanish cities they've played in are Barcelona and San Sebastian. Both in 1996 and 2000.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #366 on: March 16, 2005, 08:41:30 PM »

They didn't come to Madrid the last time they were around, they hopefully will this time.

As far as I know, they've never played in Madrid. The only Spanish cities they've played in are Barcelona and San Sebastian. Both in 1996 and 2000.

/jarmo

You are 100% correct. But a few years back I hear from different sources that they also played in Madrid in 91 or 92 in a small club called Revolver ( same venue where Duff played his solo album in 93).Guess I will never know whether that is true or not, but it would've been amazing going to a PJ concert when they were on the early stages of their career.
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2005, 01:04:37 PM »

They played a benefit show in Seattle last night but only had a short set.  However, they played a new song called "Crapshoot" which was apparently very punkish. 

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
Dust N Rose
« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2005, 11:36:44 AM »

Does anyone know what's the meaning of this album?
What about the suggestions the cd contains on the booklet?
There are some good advices there like the way you can avoid the deseases, the marriage stuff (not all of them, though) e.t.c.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2005, 11:56:21 AM »

Rock n' roll? Wink

There are some good advices there like the way you can avoid the deseases, the marriage stuff (not all of them, though) e.t.c.

I think the artwork is based on a book called Vitalogy which is just like you said an "Encyclopedia of health and home".

/jarmo

Dust N Rose
« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2005, 12:11:39 PM »

Rock n' roll? Wink

I think the artwork is based on a book called Vitalogy which is just like you said an "Encyclopedia of health and home".

/jarmo

Sorry for writing a different topic, haven't noticed the pearl jam thread.
I was searching my thread for a long time  confused
Anyway, so this means, Pearl Jam members accept the Vitalogy theory?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2005, 12:39:07 PM »

I don't know if that mean they accepted the Vitalogy  theory but the were at least intrigued by it.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #372 on: April 26, 2005, 08:12:43 AM »

Pearl Jam's Canadian tour:

September:

2 - Fri - Vancouver /GM Place
4 - Sun - Calgary /Pengrowth Saddledome
5 - Mon - Edmonton /Rexall Place
7 - Wed - Saskatoon /Credit Union Centre
8 - Thurs - Winnipeg /MTS Centre
9 - Fri - Thunder Bay /Ft. William Gardens
11 - Sun - Kitchener/ Memorial Auditorium
12 - Mon - London/ John Labatt Centre
13 - Tues - Hamilton/ Copps Coliseum
15 - Thurs - Montreal/ Bell Centre
16 - Fri - Ottawa/ Corel Centre
19 - Mon - Toronto/ Air Canada Centre
20 - Tue - Quebec City/ Colisee Pepsi Arena
22 - Thu - Halifax/ Metro Centre
24 - Sat - St. John's NFLD/ Mile One Stadium

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 08:14:53 AM by jarmo » Logged

Dust N Rose
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2005, 11:08:18 AM »

So they still tour. That's great  Smiley
I hope they make a visit to Europe.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2005, 11:20:04 AM »

So they still tour. That's great? Smiley
I hope they make a visit to Europe.

I think they've pretty much promised to tour Europe this time.

From a Rumorpit update from December 2004:

Next year is going to be a wonderful year jam packed with Pearl Jam goodies to fill everyone's wishlist. Pearl Jam have been busy working on their next studio album to be released on the BMG label, and tour plans are in the works. Although it's still too early to give specifics, European fans can do some early rejoicing. Smiley

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2005, 10:48:24 AM »

Pearl Jam Eyeing Fall

Band breaks from studio to rock Seattle record store

Before they join the Rolling Stones on stage September 28th in Pittsburgh, Pearl Jam plan to complete their eighth studio album. The Seattle rockers are now hoping for a fall release on J Records.
"There's a sense that we've done something special," says guitarist Stone Gossard of the sessions. "Everyone's been writing and participating in it . . . Asking a guy in the band how good the record is problematic, but to me it's freaking brilliant."

Pearl Jam -- Gossard, singer Eddie Vedder, guitarist Mike McCready, bassist Jeff Ament and drummer Matt Cameron -- have twenty-five songs that they plan to cut down to about twelve. Potential tracks include "Severed Hand," "Worldwide Suicide," "2x4," "Marker" and "Cold Concession."

According to Gossard, after almost fifteen years together, the band is closer than ever. "You realize how important your relationship is with your band, and how much you've learned from each other," he says. "You just become humbled and thankful."

The band returned to its humble roots on April 29th to perform for approximately 200 people at Easy Street Records in West Seattle. "Mike and I used to buy a lot of rock records from Easy Street back in the mid-Eighties," says Gossard of the show, which was part of a Coalition of Independent Music Stores convention. "We wanted to tip our hat to independent retailers: We're all aware of how important they are to the spirit of rock."

The show included the punky new song "Crapshoot," Pearl Jam oldies such as "Even Flow" and Vedder dueting with X singer John Doe on his band's "The New World."

"It's the biggest honor that my store has ever had," says Easy Street owner Matt Vaughan. "As ridiculous as it seems that Pearl Jam would do an in-store, given that we're their neighborhood store it's a natural fit."

BRIAN HIATT

www.rollingstone.com

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2005, 05:57:32 PM »

awesome news. looks like the album will be out soon after the canadian tour
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2005, 06:30:07 PM »

Are they planning to make this album 'good'? After the last few...well, they were not 'Ten' or 'Vs' - and thats being kind....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2005, 06:41:58 PM »

Are they planning to make this album 'good'? After the last few...well, they were not 'Ten' or 'Vs' - and thats being kind....

Repeating those albums over and over could've been "too easy" and predictable I think.

It's kinda ironic how some of their b-sides are better than actual album tracks. Even songs that never made it onto singles are great (check "Lost Dogs" for proof).

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #379 on: May 22, 2005, 07:35:11 PM »

i think all of their albums are good in their own way.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: