Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 275058 times)
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #340 on: October 29, 2004, 04:02:20 PM »

used to destroy the fetus.

oh LOL i'm SO dumb.... Jeez what planet am i on?... i never knew you meant one of those... shit i'm just gonna hide away now n feel embarrassed alone.... HAHAHAHAHAHA i'm such a retard!

It's evolution, baby!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2004, 10:16:51 PM »

Where did pearl jam get their name from? I know they were close to signing as Mookie Blaylock but whats the story with the name pearl jam?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2004, 10:49:25 AM »

It's from this jam Eddie's grandmother made that had hallucinogenic incredients. "Pearl's jam."
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2004, 02:44:04 PM »

There are a bunch of stories going around about the name but they have said the hallucinogenic jam story is not true.

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #344 on: November 12, 2004, 05:13:39 PM »

Where did pearl jam get their name from? I know they were close to signing as Mookie Blaylock but whats the story with the name pearl jam?

ahhh, that's an easy one
pearl jam just means spunk, as simple as that- i swear it's true, at least it's what i've read anyway

It's evolution, baby!
AC
Rocker

« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2004, 08:43:50 PM »

Pearl Jam got their name from one of the band member's grandmother, whose given name was Pearl. She used to make jam. It's true.

/AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2004, 04:25:53 PM »

Pearl Jam got their name from one of the band member's grandmother, whose given name was Pearl. She used to make jam. It's true.

/AA.

no no no no no... mine is true  rant

It's evolution, baby!
AC
Rocker

« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2004, 06:43:06 PM »

No lie, I actually did read this (the grandmother bit) in an interview with Pearl Jam just after they released "Ten".

/AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2004, 02:41:15 PM »

No lie, I actually did read this (the grandmother bit) in an interview with Pearl Jam just after they released "Ten".

/AA.

hmmm headscratch

It's evolution, baby!
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2004, 02:44:28 PM »

grrr i went to buy rearviewmirror today and it wasn't at woolworths grr, and so i came on here (by here i mean online) to get it from amazon and they aint selling it 'til the 29th- what's up with that??? hmmm, it was the 15th that it's due in the uk, right?

It's evolution, baby!
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2004, 08:28:59 PM »

/AA.

I believe you, but I have read articles about them since that said that was only a joke.  Wherever the fuck they got their name, they sure are a kick-ass band.

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2004, 08:31:48 AM »

One explanation: http://www.theskyiscrape.com/faq/index.php#2.4

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2004, 03:34:42 PM »

aw, WHAT!!! i so wanted to be right, cos that would be hilarious- nevermind

btw thanks for that Jarmo

It's evolution, baby!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #353 on: January 28, 2005, 09:20:15 AM »

I heard on the radio this morning (Jan 28 2005) that Peter Frampton will be a guest on the next Pearl Jam album which will be an instrumental.

The radio guy said that this is the seventh sign of the apocalypse.? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #354 on: January 28, 2005, 09:54:17 AM »

Gypsy, it was that peter frampton was recording for an album of instrumentals HE's recording and asked them to help out and record w/ him...He WILL NOT be on their album...Hope I cleared things up for you... Grin
By the way, new update on the new record from Billboard: sorry if it's been posted..Seems they're taking their time in order to craft a better record.

From BILLBOARD: Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005

Pearl Jam In No Rush In The Studio

Pearl Jam has begun work on its eighth studio album in its Seattle homebase. "We're recording but not really putting any pressure for something to actually come out of it," frontman Eddie Vedder told former Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones on his Friday radio show, Jonesy's Jukebox, which emanates from Los Angeles radio station KDLD-FM (Indie 103.1).

Asked if he still enjoys the recording process after 15 years of making music with Pearl Jam, Vedder answered, "Depends [on] what day it is or how much sleep you've had. We've been getting together as a whole group, all five [members], for five days a week. Actually, seven days -- that was one of the problems. I think we're going to slow it down a little bit and we'll get something down in February."

Vedder acknowledged it had taken some time for band members to get back in the swing of things after several months apart from one another. "You get together as a band and you want to push yourselves harder or get some place you've never been before, and there's work to get there," he said. "The length of time you all have to be communicating; when you're not working, you don't have to communicate at all, and you get spoiled and quiet."

"Even close-knit bands like Fugazi, [which seems] like a four-headed monster, are [made up of] four completely different individuals," Vedder continued. "They seem like a gang, but it's a gang made up of individuals. It's not as easy as you would think."

The as-yet-untitled album will be the follow-up to 2002's "Riot Act" and Pearl Jam's first since leaving longtime label Epic last year. The band's official Web site previously confirmed the set would be released "on the BMG label" but did not reveal specifics of the new arrangement.

Band members have also been at work on other endeavors. Guitarist Stone Gossard is making a new album with his Brad side project, while drummer Matt Cameron has completed the first new album since 1993 with the band Hater, which features his ex-Soundgarden colleague Ben Shepherd on bass and guitarist John McBain, his longtime collaborator in Wellwater Conspiracy.

As previously reported, bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Mike McCready can be heard as part of an as-yet-unnamed project with King's X leader Doug Pinnick, but no release date has been announced for the completed album, tentatively titled "Montana."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #355 on: January 28, 2005, 10:42:11 AM »

Gypsy, it was that peter frampton was recording for an album of instrumentals HE's recording and asked them to help out and record w/ him...He WILL NOT be on their album...Hope I cleared things up for you... Grin

Thanks oneway23? ok

I was just about to post this and ask if anyone knew if it was the PJ album or the Frampton album that was gonna be the instrumental.? Embarrassed

New York Daily News, Friday, January 28, 2005
PETER?S JAM SESSION
Who says the Vote for Change tour didn?t change the world as we know it?? Peter Frampton, who played in the battleground state of Ohio with Pearl Jam at the get-out-the vote concert series, says he is planning to record a track with the band for his upcoming album of instrumentals.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2005, 05:46:14 PM »

I've always been curious too how the name originated. Good read. Thanks Jarmo. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2005, 08:45:39 PM »

Got my fan club single the other day.  Grin

Hopefully I can use my membership to buy tickets for an European show later this year.....  drool

You can download the songs @ http://www.theskyiscrape.com/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2005, 08:25:35 PM »

Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder did some songs with a pakistani quawali singer called Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, has anybody heard these songs? r they any good? and what album r they on?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2005, 08:31:52 PM »

They're on the Dead Man Walking soundtrack.

The tracks are "Face Of Love" and "Long Road".

They don't sound like your typical PJ songs.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: