Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:51:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 260216 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2004, 12:34:35 PM »

I would guess that they will put only the songs that were released as singles on the greatest hits. SO probable no Black, Yellow Ledbetter ect.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
kujo722
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2004, 05:22:40 PM »

MSN.com has a free preview of the live at Benaroya Hall CD today here is the direct link if it will work:

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/netcal/?netcal=727&GT1=4244

You cant choose which songs but oh well. It sounds great! I will definitely be picking this up next tuesday.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #302 on: July 21, 2004, 12:14:14 AM »

already ordered my copy through ten club
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2004, 10:18:56 AM »

Me too. Still waiting.

We're gonna get some kind of poster that the "normal" cd buyers won't.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2004, 04:25:41 AM »

Me too. Still waiting.

We're gonna get some kind of poster that the "normal" cd buyers won't.  hihi

/jarmo

thats exactly the reason i bought it through them hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #305 on: July 23, 2004, 02:28:35 AM »

i got the cd today i have to say im displeased with the poster its just little picture folded up in side the case as a booklet
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #306 on: July 23, 2004, 10:35:06 PM »

Maybe, you should comment on the music.
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2004, 12:39:54 AM »

The setlist for record is

Of the girl
Low light
Thumbing my way
Thin Air
Fatal
Nothing as it seems
Man of the hour
Immortality
Off he goes
Around the bend
I believe in miracles
Sleight of hand
All or none
Lukin

Side 2

Parting ways
Down
Can't keep
Dead Man
Masters of war
Black
Crazy Mary
25 mintues to go
Daughter
Yellow Ledbetter

I sample it through a music site and it's awsome. Although I already pre order it from cdnow.

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2004, 05:57:56 AM »

it sounds great the fuck up during thin air is priceless after it ed says something like this place you can hear everything and he goes there's no way to get away with that one i loved the acoustic version of i believe in miracles definitely one of the highlights of it for me the covers of masters of war and 25 minutes to go were great ed's voice sounds maybe the best i've ever heard overall a great show and a must have for hardcore fans
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2004, 11:49:06 PM »

Cool ##<<<**** N O W ****>>>##

IT is a really really good time to make sure your Ten Club membership and/or email address are up to date.

Memberships can be obtained or renewed in Goods on www.tenclub.net.

Address changes/updates can be sent to address@tenclub.net

Rock on.....
xo

just got this post off their offical boards its a post from one of the mods Kat looks like somethings going on
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2004, 02:42:52 PM »

dont know if anyones mentioned this, but the live at the garden dvd by pearl jam is amazing.  get it.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2004, 09:37:44 AM »

Vote for Change

Pearl Jam is excited to announce the Vote for Change concert tour. Vote for Change is a loose coalition of musicians brought together by a single idea?the need to make a change in the direction of our country. We share a belief that this is the most important election of our lifetime. We are fighting for a government that is open, rational, just and progressive.

?The upcoming election provides everyone an opportunity to change the direction our country is headed and to elect a government that is just, rational and respectful of the views and rights of the people it serves. This coalition of artists wants to be a part of that change.? said Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam.

Artists participating in Vote for Change have merged their energies and talents to focus on states that are expected to have the closest race in the presidential election this fall. This unprecedented effort will include approximately 34 shows in 28 cities in 9 battleground states over the course of a week.

These concerts will feature Babyface, Jackson Browne, Bright Eyes, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, the Dixie Chicks, John Fogerty, Ben Harper, Jurassic 5, Keb? Mo?, John Mellencamp, My Morning Jacket, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, R.E.M., James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and more. These and other artists will appear on separate bills on the same night in selected cities around several battleground states.

Vote for Change artists hope to accomplish a single goal through the tour: to get people to the polls on November 2nd to vote for a change.

The Vote for Change tour will be presented by MoveOn PAC, with all concert proceeds benefiting the work of America Coming Together (ACT).

Be sure to register to vote early and make your Vote for Change!

BACKGROUND:

Unprecedented in scale and strategy, ACT is building the largest voter mobilization effort in history to elect progressive candidates to federal, state and local offices in November. For more information on ACT visit www.act04.com.

MoveOn PAC is a 2.5 million-member online grassroots political action committee working to take back our government. By gathering small contributions from ordinary citizens, it is using the Internet to level the playing field against the interest of big corporate money in politics. It's sister organization, MoveOn.org, raises issues of war and peace, social justice, media integrity and honesty in government. For more information, visit www.moveonpac.org.

TICKETS:

Pearl Jam and Death Cab for Cutie will be performing the following Vote for Change shows:

Oct. 1
Reading, PA Sovereign Center
Oct. 2 Toledo, OH Sports Arena
Oct. 3 Grand Rapids, MI Delta Plex
Oct. 5 St. Louis, MO Fox Theater
Oct. 6 Asheville, NC Civic Center
Oct. 8 Kissimmee, FL Silver Spur Arena

IMPORTANT: A follow-up email will arrive in your inbox soon with information on how to get tickets to the Pearl Jam/Death Cab shows. All dates and venues subject to change.

For more information about Vote for Change, including ticket information and updates, go to www.moveonpac.org

Artist Quotes

"A vote for change is a vote for a stronger, safer, healthier America. A vote for Bush is a vote for a divided, unstable, paranoid America. It is our duty to this beautiful land to let our voices be heard. That's the reason for the tour. That's why I'm doing it."
Dave Matthews

"As concerned mothers, women and most importantly concerned Americans, we are compelled to do what we can to inspire other voters to get involved in this year's election. We hope our participation in the Vote For Change Tour will be a catalyst for positive change.?
The Dixie Chicks

?This is an extraordinary example of America coming together to win this election and change the direction of the country. These artists feel so strongly about this election that they are doing something unprecedented in creating this magnificent tour. They are sending an important message to voters in the battleground states: you can change the country if you go to the polls and vote.?
Ellen Malcolm, America Coming Together

?R.E.M. is very happy to be a part of the Vote for Change Tour. This unprecedented coming together of musicians underscores the depth of the desire for change in our country?s direction, and it feels right to use some of the freedoms granted to us in a democracy to try and effect that change.?
Mike Mills

"It's about showing up and being counted. I'll be there and I hope you will too."
Keb' Mo'

?We?ve always believed that popular culture and populist politics go hand in hand. It?s an honor to be working with so many respected and influential artists, and we?re indebted to them for having the courage to speak out at a time when our country so desperately needs change. For our 2.5 million members and far beyond, the Vote for Change tour will have a seismic cultural impact.?
Eli Pariser, MoveOn Pac

?There has never been a more important time to band together and bring about real change. I want to see Americans everywhere honor those who have fought and died for our right to vote by getting out to the polls on Election Day. Democracy only works if we work it.?
Bonnie Raitt

?I felt like I couldn?t have written the music I?ve written, and been on stage singing about the things that I?ve sung about for the last twenty five years and not take part in this particular election.?
Bruce Springsteen

?This is the fourth presidential election which Pearl Jam has engaged in as a band, and we feel it?s the most important one of our life time. We believe in the power of the first amendment, and have always exercised our right to free speech in every aspect of our lives and music. This year there is no more powerful way for all Americans to exercise that right than by voting. Given the extreme political climate of a country at war, we are proud to stand among the many artists involved in this tour and to encourage Americans not only to vote for a president this November 2nd, but to vote for the change they wish to see in the world.?
Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam

Source: Ten Club

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2004, 10:42:54 AM »

why why why does my state have to be fucking republican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2004, 10:47:59 AM »

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. August 10, 2004, 12:00 AM ET

Pearl Jam Eyeing Winter Studio Return

photo
After Pearl Jam reassembles in early October for its first live shows in nearly a year, the Seattle rock outfit will get busy on its eighth studio album. "I think they're planning on going back to the studio this winter," manager Kelly Curtis tells Billboard.com. As for a possible release date, Curtis would only say, "When they're done, they give it to us and we go."

The group will play six shows in October as part of the Vote for Change tour, which Curtis helped organize with the managers of Bruce Springsteen, Dave Matthews, R.E.M. and the Dixie Chicks. The trek kicks off Oct. 1 in Pennsylvania and will proceed to eight additional presidential election battleground states.

"We were getting bombarded with requests to play around the election, and I thought I would seek out some advice," he says of the tour's genesis. "So I called [Sprinsgteen manager] Jon Landau to see how they were dealing with all the stuff coming in. The more we talked, the more we thought it would be a good idea to get a bunch of managers together and try to get educated."

"What came out of there was five managers connecting and deciding that we should try to pull off some kind of swing-state tour. Then, it became a logistical nightmare," he adds with a laugh. Curtis declined to comment on the possibility of additional acts being added to the tour or rumors of an Oct. 10 all-star finale show in Florida.

As for Pearl Jam's specific concerts with Death Cab For Cutie, on-sale dates are still being finalized. Curtis doesn't expect the shows to be made available as part of Pearl Jam's ongoing authorized bootleg series, because "it might be a little shorter set from Pearl Jam [than usual], or a lot of collaboration. But then you're dealing with other people's record companies and it gets too complicated."

Curtis hinted at additional Pearl Jam shows in 2004 but declined to reveal specifics. Asked if the band would unveil some new material at Vote for Change appearances, he said, "I'm sure that will be the case."

Having left longtime label Epic last year, Pearl Jam crowned its free agent status with the July 27 release of "Live at Benaroya Hall" via its own Ten Club fan organization and a distribution deal with BMG. The set debuted last week at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Internet Album Sales tally and No. 18 on The Billboard 200 thanks to first-week sales of 52,000 copies.

"This was a perfect record to try something new with some different folks," he says. "Luckily, we don't have to decide [about potentially signing with a new label] right now. We want to do as much as we can ourselves, and for what we can't do or don't want to do, we'll rely on someone else."

awesome news for us fans Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #314 on: September 21, 2004, 03:50:45 AM »

Pearl Jam takes action on this fall's `Vote' tour
By Steve Morse, Globe Staff  |  September 19, 2004

It's an election year and many rock musicians are not sitting on the sidelines. Some of the major names in pop -- from Pearl Jam to Bruce Springsteen, Dave Matthews, the Dixie Chicks, and R.E.M. -- are embarking on the Vote for Change tour this fall.

Just don't call them the "Hollywood elite."

"Bruce is living in New Jersey and R.E.M. is coming from Atlanta and the Dixie Chicks are from Texas and we're from Seattle," says singer Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. "This is about concerned people doing what they can and doing it in a responsible way."

Whether they can help unseat George W. Bush remains to be seen, but Pearl Jam will warm up for the tour (which targets swing states) by playing the FleetCenter on Sept. 28 and 29. These are not official Vote for Change shows since Massachusetts is not considered a swing state. "We just love Boston, and that city has always been very generous to us," says Vedder. Adds Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis: "We've been off for a while, and playing in front of our Boston friends will be a good way to come back."

Look for Pearl Jam to possibly play some new music (though they won't have a new studio album until next year), but don't look for much overt politicking from the stage. "With a large crowd and with a PA system with reverb and someone shouting behind you, the FleetCenter is not the easiest place to have a good sit-down and get into the issues," says Vedder. "We're talking about some complex deals that have to do with percentages and welfare and who's paying for this war: the poor people; and who's fighting this war: the poor people; and who's making the money off it: the rich people. That's the simple equation. I guess maybe we can do this interview and when it comes down to the show, we can just play music."

Vedder is aware that there may be a backlash against some artists associated with the Vote for Change tour.

"I read a piece from a musician I respect, Alice Cooper, who wrote that musicians really need to keep out of political discussions," Vedder says. "For one, they're idiots, he said. For another, when he was a kid and his parents started talking politics, he ran to his room and put on the Rolling Stones and turned it up as loud as he could. And I agree with Alice. I don't think any of us want to be doing this. . . . But my problem is that my stereo does not go loud enough to drown out the sound of bombs dropping in the Middle East."

What the tour participants are saying is that "this is more important than even their careers. They're willing to put it on the line," Vedder says. He adds that most of the tour participants met in New York this summer to hash out plans and ideas. "Bruce [Springsteen] was laughing and saying, `Help is on the way. The cavalry is coming,' " recalls Vedder.

Pearl Jam's Boston shows will no doubt touch on election issues, but they are also a benefit for the so-called West Memphis 3. Pearl Jam believes that these young men charged with the murders of three children in1993 have been unfairly accused. The case was also the subject of a documentary on HBO four years ago.

"It's amazing how much money you need to fight a death penalty case," says Vedder. "These kids had $2,500 in their initial case to defend themselves, and since then they've needed hundreds of thousands of dollars. We've been working really closely with that, and under the radar. It's a sensitive issue, but the reason they were fingered as being misfits in their town was that they listened to loud music and dyed their hair black and wore Metallica T-shirts."

As for their own future, regardless of who wins the election, Pearl Jam hopes to try to play Fenway Park next summer. Vedder and Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein are friends, and Pearl Jam wants to be the next in line after Springsteen and Jimmy Buffett to headline Fenway. "I think that would be our ultimate goal," says Vedder. "And if they can handle Jimmy Buffett fans there, then I'm sure they can handle ours."

? Copyright 2004 Globe Newspaper Company.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2004/09/19/pearl_jam_takes_action_on_this_falls_vote_tour/

/jarmo

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2004, 09:57:11 AM »

I wish musicians would just keep out of politics - its so cliche and self righteous, i lose so much respect for them.

It's not as if John Kerry is any better..............

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2004, 06:21:16 PM »

Pearl Jam will be on the David Letterman show 09/30/04 11:35 pm ET Check your local listing  ok

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2004, 01:47:11 PM »

The new Pearl Jam release, titled Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003),
has now been put on schedule for November 16th in the US (Nov. 15th for
int'l).

Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003)

Up Side:

1. Once
2. Alive
3. Even Flow
4. Jeremy
5. State of Love and Trust
6. Animal
7. Go
8. Dissident
9. Rearviewmirror
10. Spin the Black Circle
11. Corduroy
12. Not for You
13. I Got ID
14. Hail Hail
15. Do the Evolution
16. Save You

Down Side:

1. Black
2. Yellow Ledbetter
3. Breath
4. Daughter
5. Crazy Mary
6. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
7. Immortality
8. Betterman
9. Nothingman
10. Who You Are
11. Off He Goes
12. Given to Fly
13. Wishlist
14. Last Kiss
15. Nothing As It Seems
16. Light Years
17. I Am Mine

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2004, 01:52:43 PM »

Hole shit they did a good job on the song selection

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2004, 02:53:41 PM »

The new Pearl Jam release, titled Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003),
has now been put on schedule for November 16th in the US (Nov. 15th for
int'l).

Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003)

Up Side:

1. Once
2. Alive
3. Even Flow
4. Jeremy
5. State of Love and Trust
6. Animal
7. Go
8. Dissident
9. Rearviewmirror
10. Spin the Black Circle
11. Corduroy
12. Not for You
13. I Got ID
14. Hail Hail
15. Do the Evolution
16. Save You

Down Side:

1. Black
2. Yellow Ledbetter
3. Breath
4. Daughter
5. Crazy Mary
6. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
7. Immortality
8. Betterman
9. Nothingman
10. Who You Are
11. Off He Goes
12. Given to Fly
13. Wishlist
14. Last Kiss
15. Nothing As It Seems
16. Light Years
17. I Am Mine

/jarmo

Damn, for a record compnay just trying to make money that's damn good! It will be mine soon

One thing - its a greatest hits - yet so many of those songs were never released as singles hihi
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 02:59:41 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: