Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 259236 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2003, 05:35:06 AM »

there is just something about elderlywoman behind the counter in a small town that just gives me goose bumps everytime, the part when he goes "i just wanna scream HELLO!" "my god its been so long never dreamed you'd return, but now their u are and here i ammmmmmm"

reminds me of my first love and how i thought id never see her again after she moved away and when i did it was awesome and hearing that part of that song just reminds me of that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2003, 08:34:02 AM »

Pearl Jam has tacked on an additional item to a slate of live albums due Sept. 16 via Epic. The group's July 8-9 stand at New York's Madison Square Garden will be issued in its entirety as a 5-CD set, augmenting previously announced stand-alone releases of the two New York shows and a two-set, 45-song July 11 performance outside Boston.

The group is taking a break following the conclusion of its 2003 world tour but will be back in action in late October for Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit outside San Francisco. Also in the works are a DVD of a March show in Yokahama, Japan, a comprehensive 2003 tour DVD and a double-disc collection of rare and unreleased tracks.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1954383

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2003, 10:34:05 AM »

What's your favorite cover that PJ played during the last tour?

Baba O'Riley (The Who)
Blue Red Grey (The Who)
Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams)
Don't Be Shy (Cat Stevens)
Driven To Tears (The Police)
Fortunate Son (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
Fuckin' Up (Neil Young)
Gimme Some Truth (John Lennon)
Growin' Up (Bruce Springsteen)
Hunger Strike (Temple Of The Dog)
I Am A Patriot (Steve Van Zandt)
I Believe In Miracles (The Ramones)
I Won't Back Down (Tom Petty)
Know Your Rights (The Clash)
Last Kiss (Wayne Cochran)
Leaving Here (High Numbers)
People Have The Power (Patti Smith)
Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young)
Soldier of Love (J. Cason, A. Moon)
Sonic Reducer (Dead Boys)
The Kids Are Alright (The Who)
Throw Your Arms Around Me (Hunters & Collectors)
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (The Beatles)

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 10:38:22 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2003, 04:10:52 PM »

I Believe In Miracles (The Ramones)

[ok]

Kick ass song.

You're the one trying to keep your beloved Pearl Jam's thread alive Jarmo, so what was your favourite cover?  Wink

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2003, 04:20:39 PM »

I saw them in Hershey and the covers they played were "Crazy Mary" and "Rockin' in the Free World" and "Driven to Tears" that night and CM and RITFW were phenomenal. The Crazy Mary guitar solo was insane, but when they closed with Rockin in the Free World it was just such an awesome feeling. I also love "I Am a Patriot" "I Believe in Miracles" and "The Kids Are Alright". PJ is such a great band, they can pretty much cover anyone and make it sound great.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 04:22:11 PM by Ellroy » Logged

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2003, 06:18:49 PM »

i have to say people have the power the first time they played it in i think buffalo was pretty damn powerful
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2003, 07:13:35 PM »

You're the one trying to keep your beloved Pearl Jam's thread alive Jarmo, so what was your favourite cover?  Wink

Rockin' In The Free World I guess since that's the song they ended their Stockholm show with in June 2000. Smiley

/jarmo

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2003, 04:05:16 PM »

I loved Know Your Rights when I saw them in Boston.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2003, 01:50:21 PM »

Hard to pick just one but I guess I'll choose RITFW.

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2003, 07:08:17 PM »

August 19, 2003 - Reminders:

Individual Pearl Jam Bootlegs from the second leg of the North American tour will be available for individual sale at http://www.pearljambootlegs.com until August 20, 2003.

Full Sets of Bootlegs from the 2003 Tour Legs Will Not Be Available after August 31
Full sets of each of the three tour legs (Australia/Japan, North America Leg 1, North America Leg 2) will be available online through August 31, 2003.

Beginning September 1, 2003, there will no longer be any Pearl Jam Bootlegs available at http://www.pearljambootlegs.com.

The following three Pearl Jam Bootlegs will be available via retail stores beginning September 16th:

July 8 - New York, NY*
July 9 - New York, NY*
July 11 - Mansfield, MA (Boston)
* The two New York shows will also be available as a set sold for a special price.

The Yokohama DVD has been put on hold for the time being, but we're working on another show to release as a full length concert DVD. Stay tuned...

Get more on Pearl Jam:
http://www.pearljam.com
http://www.tenclub.net
http://www.pearljambootlegs.com

----

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2003, 10:15:53 AM »

Pearl Jam DVD Spotlights New York Show

Pearl Jam is eschewing a comprehensive DVD of its 2003 Riot Act tour in favor of spotlighting one particularly noteworthy show from the trek. The double-disc "Live at the Garden," capturing the band's July 8 performance at New York's Madison Square Garden, will arrive Nov. 11 via Epic. On the same day, the label will issue a long-in-the-works set of rarities, although no information on that collection has yet been confirmed.

The sold-out July 8 show came at the tail end of the three-month tour and found Pearl Jam unleashing a 30-song, nearly three-hour set. Highlights included a guest appearance by Ben Harper on "Daughter" and "Indifference," the band's only third-ever performance of the pre-Pearl Jam act Mother Love Bone's "Crown of Thorns" and a furious run through the Who's "Baba O'Riley" with all of the arena lights turned on.

The concert went on for so long that Pearl Jam faced a several thousand dollar fine for breaking an 11 p.m. curfew. Frontman Eddie Vedder told the crowd that the stage floor was literally shaking from the audience volume, a feat venue officials said had only ever happened at performances by Bruce Springsteen, the Grateful Dead and Iron Maiden. The venue later waived the curfew violation fine.

Bonus features on the DVD include a 5.1 audio mix and a video for the controversial "Riot Act" track "Bu$hleaguer." "Live at the Garden" was shot by Liz Burns, Steve Gordon and Kevin Shuss, the same team that collaborated on the 2000 tour DVD "Touring Band 2000."

As previously reported, Pearl Jam will return to the concert stage Oct. 25 at Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit outside of San Francisco.

Here is the "Live at the Garden" track list:

"Love Boat Captain"
"Last Exit"
"Save You"
"Green Disease"
"In My Tree"
"Cropduster"
"Even Flow"
"Gimme Some Truth"
"I Am Mine"
"Low Light"
"Faithfull"
"Wishlist"
"Lukin"
"Grievance"
"1/2 Full"
"Black"
"Spin The Black Circle"
"Rearviewmirror"
"You Are"
"Thumbing My Way"
"Daughter" (with Ben Harper)
"Crown of Thorns"
"Breath"
"Better Man"
"Do the Evolution"
"Crazy Mary"
"Indifference" (with Ben Harper)
"Sonic Reducer" (with the Buzzcocks' Tony Barber)
"Baba O'Riley"
"Yellow Ledbetter"

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com

---

Now there's something to look forward to!  ok

/jarmo

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2003, 10:24:53 AM »

Pearl Jam DVD Spotlights New York Show

Pearl Jam is eschewing a comprehensive DVD of its 2003 Riot Act tour in favor of spotlighting one particularly noteworthy show from the trek. The double-disc "Live at the Garden," capturing the band's July 8 performance at New York's Madison Square Garden, will arrive Nov. 11 via Epic. On the same day, the label will issue a long-in-the-works set of rarities, although no information on that collection has yet been confirmed.

The sold-out July 8 show came at the tail end of the three-month tour and found Pearl Jam unleashing a 30-song, nearly three-hour set. Highlights included a guest appearance by Ben Harper on "Daughter" and "Indifference," the band's only third-ever performance of the pre-Pearl Jam act Mother Love Bone's "Crown of Thorns" and a furious run through the Who's "Baba O'Riley" with all of the arena lights turned on.

The concert went on for so long that Pearl Jam faced a several thousand dollar fine for breaking an 11 p.m. curfew. Frontman Eddie Vedder told the crowd that the stage floor was literally shaking from the audience volume, a feat venue officials said had only ever happened at performances by Bruce Springsteen, the Grateful Dead and Iron Maiden. The venue later waived the curfew violation fine.

Bonus features on the DVD include a 5.1 audio mix and a video for the controversial "Riot Act" track "Bu$hleaguer." "Live at the Garden" was shot by Liz Burns, Steve Gordon and Kevin Shuss, the same team that collaborated on the 2000 tour DVD "Touring Band 2000."

As previously reported, Pearl Jam will return to the concert stage Oct. 25 at Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit outside of San Francisco.

Here is the "Live at the Garden" track list:

"Love Boat Captain"
"Last Exit"
"Save You"
"Green Disease"
"In My Tree"
"Cropduster"
"Even Flow"
"Gimme Some Truth"
"I Am Mine"
"Low Light"
"Faithfull"
"Wishlist"
"Lukin"
"Grievance"
"1/2 Full"
"Black"
"Spin The Black Circle"
"Rearviewmirror"
"You Are"
"Thumbing My Way"
"Daughter" (with Ben Harper)
"Crown of Thorns"
"Breath"
"Better Man"
"Do the Evolution"
"Crazy Mary"
"Indifference" (with Ben Harper)
"Sonic Reducer" (with the Buzzcocks' Tony Barber)
"Baba O'Riley"
"Yellow Ledbetter"

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com

---

Now there's something to look forward to!  ok

/jarmo

Ya looks cool any word on UK dates yet?Huh?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2003, 10:29:46 AM »

Ya looks cool any word on UK dates yet?Huh?

No.

Other than the "possible European dates in 2004" stuff.

/jarmo

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2003, 12:05:26 PM »

Man it sucks that the dvd will only have the MSG show....I was waiting for some Boston highlights....oh well. The rarities box set is one thing I?ll get righ away.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2003, 05:04:20 PM »

Man it sucks that the dvd will only have the MSG show....I was waiting for some Boston highlights....

I thought that too, but maybe the MSG show was just that great that it made sense releasing it? Smiley

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2003, 09:07:19 PM »

that show was awesome i listen to it quite often thats definitely a dvd ill be getting
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2003, 08:56:28 PM »

I know we have a few PJ fans around here so I thought you may be interested in this...i'll be there.

PJ Benefit Acoustic Show.
A special all-acoustic show to benefit YouthCare and the Orion Teen Center. Wednesday, October 22nd at Benaroya Hall in Seattle. Tickets go on sale Friday (October 3rd), 11am at all Ticketmaster outlets for $40 (plus service charges), or save the service charges at the Benaroya Box Office (200 University Street, downtown Seattle), open Mon - Fri. 10am - 6pm and Sat. 1 - 6pm.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 08:57:43 PM by EET_FUK » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2003, 04:45:41 PM »

NEW: September 30, 2003 - Two new Pearl Jam Releases Out November 11, 2003

- A Double-CD Rarities Album entitled Lost Dogs

- A 2-DVD Set Entitled Pearl Jam Live at the Garden

Seattle, WA -- Pearl Jam will release their much-anticipated rarities and b-sides double album entitled Lost Dogs, as well as a 2- disc DVD of their July 8, 2003 concert performance at Madison Square Garden entitled Pearl Jam Live at the Garden. Both releases are currently set for November 11, 2003 through Epic Records.

Lost Dogs Rarities/B-sides Double Album
The 2-disc rarities album will include 31 tracks compiled from the band's extensive b-side archives and from various benefit albums and soundtracks. None of the included tracks have been previously featured on any of the band's studio albums. Suggested retail price will be $19.98. The tracklisting is as follows:

Disc One
All Night
Sad
Down
In The Moonlight
Hitchhiker
Don't Gimme No Lip
Alone
Education
"U"
Black, Red, Yellow
Leaving Here
Gremmie Out Of Control
Whale Song
Undone
Hold On
Yellow Ledbetter

Disc Two
Fatal
Other Side
Hard to Imagine
Footsteps
Wash
Dead Man
Strangest Tribe
Drifting
Let Me Sleep
Angel
Last Kiss
Sweet Lew
Dirty Frank
Brother Instrumental
Bee Girl

Pearl Jam Live at the Garden DVD
The band will also release a 2-disc DVD of their entire July 8th, 2003 Madison Square Garden show. Filmed by Pearl Jam crew members Liz Burns, Steve Gordon, Kevin Shuss and Brandon Vedder. Suggested retail price will be $19.98.

Main show highlights include:

Performances with Ben Harper on "Daughter" and "Indifference"
Tony Barber of the Buzzcocks on "Sonic Reducer"
Steve Diggle of the Buzzcocks on "Baba O'Riley"
Main show tracklisting includes:
Love Boat Captain
Last Exit
Save You
Green Disease
In My Tree
Cropduster
Even Flow
Gimme Some Truth
I Am Mine
Lowlight
Faithful
Wishlist
Lukin
Grievance
1/2 Full
Black
Spin The Black Circle
RVM
You Are
Thumbing My Way
Daughter (Featuring Ben Harper)
Crown of Thorns
Breath
Betterman
Evolution
Crazy Mary
Indifference (Featuring Ben Harper)
Sonic Reducer (Featuring Tony Barber of the Buzzcocks
Baba O'Riley (Featuring Steve Diggle of the Buzzcocks)
Yellow Ledbetter

In addition to the 2 hour and 40 minute performance, there are 30 minutes of bonus features, including:

A solo performance of "Dead Man" by Ed Vedder;
A performance of "Throw Your Arms Around Me" in Perth, Australia with Mark Seymour of Hunters and Collectors
Montage of guest performances, set to the song "Fortunate Son" by Pearl Jam ? includes footage of Johnny Marr, Betchadupa, Cheetah Chrome, Sleater Kinney, Corin Tucker, Mike Tyler, Steve Earle, Jack Irons, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, Idlewild, and the Buzzcocks
A compilation of clips from a number of Bushleaguer" performances on the 2003 Riot Act world tour.
Matt cam angle on five of the songs
Band outtakes set to "Down"
Crew montage set to "All Those Yesterdays"

http://www.sonymusic.net/artists/PearlJam/rumorpit/rumorpit.html

Great!  drool

/jarmo

GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2003, 06:58:05 PM »

Yes, this will be awesome.  Unfortunately for me, in Canada November 11th is the Rememberance Day holiday.  Oh well, guess I'll have to wait til the 12th.  

I also have to say, Pearl Jam is fucking amazing.  I can't think of a band that is more fan-friendly than them.  If GN'R did half of what they do for their fans I would be delighted.  But I guess it's alright to dream.

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2003, 02:30:29 AM »

let me ask a pearl jam expert some questions

with pearl jam i have limited knowledge and have only listenedto and love black, alive, jeremy,daughter,better man, nothing man, eldery woman,wishlist, i am mine but thats bout all ive heard by them

are the rest of their songs as deep and meaninful and good as those?

i may buy this cause i found out one of the best ways to discover a new not "new" but new for me band is by buying a large quantity of their material, i know they kick ass live so i may buy the dvd and get familiar with some stuff i havent heard.

any suggestions on specific songs i should check out?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 02:33:10 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: