Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:03:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Us fans, we love GNR.. but what about the rest?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Us fans, we love GNR.. but what about the rest?  (Read 9141 times)
wes
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: August 03, 2006, 03:41:14 AM »

theyhate the living hell out of Axl? Sad
These are the guys who wont give Chinese Democracy a chance. These are the average joes . im starting to think CD won't do good even if its the greatest album ever made.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:11:03 PM by wes » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 03:43:05 AM »

I have wiretaps in the homes of every American, they all love Axl. If they don't, they are sent to Iraq.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 03:44:13 AM »

Don't care

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
wes
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:48:38 AM »

Just reading those ignorant comments in EVERY board i go to makes me puke.

off-topic: what does the -1 in the karma thing mean?
Death Cube K
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:51:02 AM »

Well, no wonder they hate him when they've read lies in the press for fucking 15 years.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 03:51:35 AM »

The internet community is for the most part a bunch of whiny bitches who hate everything.  You go to forums like Ebaumsworld and they're a bunch of little wannabe intellectuals who think it's cool to love Tool, Radiohead and The Pixies and hate GnR or more specifically Axl

GnR's GH is still on the charts after 2 years and has sold 3 million copies in the US alone, and most of the people buying it aren't fans from the old days.  There's a new generation that wasn't exposed to the years of media hatred towards Axl and aren't so dead set against him.  There are also a great number of diehards from the old days who still support Axl.  Of course there will always be these morons who don't know the first thing about GnR and spew the company lines "Axl's nothing without Slash, Axl's a wife beater and a racist", but fuck those people.  CD will be a success
Shirell
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 05:31:56 AM »

The fans are the ones who will buy the album and who go to the shows so who cares what anyone else thinks
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 05:45:13 AM »

off-topic: what does the -1 in the karma thing mean?

Normally you get a -1 karma if you get into arguments and the moderators do it. Maybe if you get -5 or something they I ban you. I dunno. I don't often post here. read it all the time though.
Origen
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 06:53:38 AM »

Why does it bother you so much, does it matter what people on another board think.

I really think some of you are deluded in thinking that everyone loves or loved GnR and/or Axl.
Alot of people hate this band (no matter what lineup you are refferring to) and alot of people think Axl is one of the worst frontman ever because of his "whiney" attitude.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:24:31 AM »

The fans are the ones who will buy the album and who go to the shows so who cares what anyone else thinks

right on!!!!
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 09:33:51 AM »

What a bunch of little whiney bitches. Either way though, it is very unlikely that 40 year olds that still live with their mother's are the kind of market research or target audience Axl will be aiming for come CD's release.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »

What a bunch of little whiney bitches. Either way though, it is very unlikely that 40 year olds that still live with their mother's are the kind of market research or target audience Axl will be aiming for come CD's release.

Living with your Mom at 40 may be sad indeed but there are a lot of us Gunners here that are getting close to the 40 year age considering the roots of the band and how long their music has been around.  So I would like to think I am a target audience too.

As for anyone else, who cares if they don't love GNR , it isn't going to stop them from making music at least not now Wink
slashedtires
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 11:09:22 AM »

The general public has a ridicolously short attention span but is prone to forgive and forget based on your "latest, and greatest." To the average joe, GNR is the MTV video awards in 2002 and the failed tour of that year. The tour this year ironed out most of the kinks and the bands sounds (and looks, b/c this matters to the public) much better.

As soon as GNR drop a great single/video and pull off a great live televised performance, the average joe will forget that they hated Axl at some point. GNR will be as big as the first single is good, that's what it basically comes down to.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »

People will buy CD just like they have kept the GHs on the top 200 for over 2 years

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 05:13:31 PM »

Here's what I think...the general population isn't going to care about this because they're all hung up on Hip-Hop. Rock isn't the "in" thing these days no matter how great the song may be.

Only the fans of the band will be the ones that buy the album, and with piracy running wild I expect, unfourtunately, that many will pirate it.

I hope that this album will bring back rock but I think that's asking a lot. It's just so damn unfourtunate, it saddens me.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 05:24:33 PM »

In my American experience, most people 30+ are curiously interested to see how GnR will sound. We were fans back then, however, most gave up on Axl. Been out of the game too long, too many cancelled concerts, expensive video's, a diva.? A friend of mine who's a music buff said he reads blurbs of them in Rolling Stone, so he read about the hotel security guard biting incident.... Not good. Overall, people here seem to side with Slash (everybody loves Slash), and long ago moved on to bands like Pearl Jam, or Metallica, bands that actually put out music.

Plus we've grown older, have real jobs, wives, kids etc... GnR is a memory of what life once was, High school, cigarettes, booze and girls.

But I think everyone is more than willing to listen and give them a chance. They have to come out swinging though, and the first single has to be good. Otherwise the popular opinion in US will be "We waited 15 years for this" and "Axl and his hired guns".

Here's to hoping the first one's a knockout beer
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:26:36 PM by pasnow » Logged
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 05:30:03 PM »

the media can burn in hell, the real fans of music will know, don't worry! ok
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=153938

They hate the living hell out of Axl  Sad
These are the guys who wont give Chinese Democracy a chance. These are the average joes . im starting to think CD won't do good even if its the greatest album ever made.

Probably most of the same fucks that hated him when GN'R was the biggest band in the world.  Let the haters hate.

Chinese Democracy will own regardless.

busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

The user Avo on there knows his stuff, check his post:

"RealMike, you don't know shit about GnR, the fact that you say Axl Rose is the cuttnig edge of music shows just how much ignorant you are, your a very closed-minded individual, because there's plently of great musicians. Just to give you some insight, the band doesn't write the music, they are just a fill in for all the writing that's going on. The real man who writes all the music is "Chris Pitman" he's writing all the music for this new album "Chinese Democracy" and he's also multi-instrumentalist (a musician who plays a variety of instruments)"

Thats the truth ok
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 07:22:44 PM »

listen to me, everybody that goes on ebaulms worlds is a retarded pervert! i know! GNR Rocks and if they cant understand that then they are the most musically egnorint ppl ever!
          Duff Mckagan Rocks! smoking

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: