Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Do you think CD will "save" rock n roll?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think CD will "save" rock n roll?  (Read 11847 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 09:57:25 AM »

This is a view Ive heard expressed a fair few times yet rarely discussed.

Personally, I dont. Its likely CD will be awesome, but to most of the world GNR is a joke. I think no matter how awesome CD is (and how high it sells) it wont be taken seriously where it counts.

EDIT: Also, its very rare that comeback albums make a difference to the course of RnR. The only one I can think of making a lasting impact was the reformed ACDC.

Its almost always the new blood that revolutionises things - like GNR were back in the day.

i dont think any band can "save" rock. Only you and me can... by buying theyr cd`s... Rock will never die.. it has always been strong.. its just the music industi that is fucked up... Rock and metal will always be big, and never dissaper..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »

there are a lot of really great bands out there. Alltough they don't have the same inpact as 80's band.

Chinese democracy wont save rock n' roll but it will as said before put them back on top of todays rock scene.
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 10:13:32 AM »

why do people say that rock needs to be saved?  there is A LOT of good new music out there.  and i'm not talking about most of the stuff you hear on the major radio stations or mtv.  my understanding is that most of the people here are looking for gn'r to "save music" by sparking some gn'r rip-off bands.  that's probably not what you want.  if you want to hear good new music, there is a ton of unique and amazing music in the current alternative scene (most of the bands featured in the coachella and lollapalooza festivals, for example).  if you're not into that and want to see 80s rock make a comeback.... then listen to your old ratt and van halen cds.  cause that shit's not coming back.  i hate hearing people bitch about their favorite bands from 15+ years ago "saving rock".  if you want new music that's imitating what rock used to be, then listen to jet and the darkness.  i wouldn't say either of those bands have done anything to "save rock" though.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 10:27:32 AM »

i dont think any band can "save" rock. Only you and me can... by buying theyr cd`s...

Well put, nytunz Cheesy
Yay, that's the advantage of popular music.  It's up to us
and shouldn't be kept under the thumb of the industy or the media.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 10:42:35 AM »

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

CD wont save anything, gimme a break!

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 10:44:54 AM »

it won't save rock n roll, mainly because rock n roll doesn't need saving.

the problem people have is that rock n roll changes, and people don't like the way it's changed. that doesn't mean it needs saving.

fuck if you want to be pedantic rock n roll is chuck berry and anything that sounds like chuck berry.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 10:51:59 AM »

The future belongs to Avenged Sevenfold. Deal with it.

drool

VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »

Avenged Sevenfold??? Music can be an ugly thing kids. In this band?s case, it?s so vile and disgusting that it?s on par with animal rape, and finger-banging your Aunt Marcy?s poopshoot. Avenged Sevenfold is the Limp Bizkit of the screamo/metal-core/Warped Tour world In the 80's, if you liked ?metal? you had to choose a side. You were either down with the heavy shit like Slayer and Metallica, or you inhaled dicks while wearing spandex and listening to Poison and Winger. These dudes are the Poison of modern rock, but without all the record sales and arenas full of people. 110% cheeseball posers with choreographed rock moves, ridiculous ?spooky? stage names, fake ass strippers (even though the dipshit jock pseudo-goth singer?s girlfriend is their tour manager. Yeah bro, that?s about as rock n? roll as bringing your sister on tour you ass pro. How are your ?bros? gonna fuck the 14-year-old Warped Tour cum-pits that you dudes inebriate and wrestle onto your bus with your coat-rack around? Haven?t you ever heard the expression ?Don?t bring sand to the beach??), smoke machines and poser lights at outdoor concerts, vintage cowboy/biker/truckstop clothes, and shitty makeup via the same cocksmoke manager that brought us Disturbed. Thanks but no thanks. Did I mention these dudes think ?St. Anger? is a ?killer? Metallica record, and that the bass player gets drunk and sucks off the guitarist, or are those just ?tour secrets?? Ooops. Seriously, if you like this fucking band you should seek therapy and check out this thing called sexual activity. It rules.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 11:08:23 AM »

Avenged Sevenfold??? Music can be an ugly thing kids. In this band?s case, it?s so vile and disgusting that it?s on par with animal rape, and finger-banging your Aunt Marcy?s poopshoot. Avenged Sevenfold is the Limp Bizkit of the screamo/metal-core/Warped Tour world In the 80's, if you liked ?metal? you had to choose a side. You were either down with the heavy shit like Slayer and Metallica, or you inhaled dicks while wearing spandex and listening to Poison and Winger. These dudes are the Poison of modern rock, but without all the record sales and arenas full of people. 110% cheeseball posers with choreographed rock moves, ridiculous ?spooky? stage names, fake ass strippers (even though the dipshit jock pseudo-goth singer?s girlfriend is their tour manager. Yeah bro, that?s about as rock n? roll as bringing your sister on tour you ass pro. How are your ?bros? gonna fuck the 14-year-old Warped Tour cum-pits that you dudes inebriate and wrestle onto your bus with your coat-rack around? Haven?t you ever heard the expression ?Don?t bring sand to the beach??), smoke machines and poser lights at outdoor concerts, vintage cowboy/biker/truckstop clothes, and shitty makeup via the same cocksmoke manager that brought us Disturbed. Thanks but no thanks. Did I mention these dudes think ?St. Anger? is a ?killer? Metallica record, and that the bass player gets drunk and sucks off the guitarist, or are those just ?tour secrets?? Ooops. Seriously, if you like this fucking band you should seek therapy and check out this thing called sexual activity. It rules.

Oh my God, Ive never read anything as aggressive as that in my whole life  rofl You must really hate the band as well as Poison and Limp Bizkit rofl rofl Thatll have me laughing for days.

Ive never heard A7X yet - cant seem to find their stuff in Australia and havent d/led them.
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 11:46:10 AM »

lol i was only kidding about Avenged. chill  rant

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 11:49:17 AM »

in reply to the topic title...no no Rock need a young new face to do that

SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 11:59:58 AM »

Nothing to do with the group, but it won't.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »

This is a view Ive heard expressed a fair few times yet rarely discussed.

Personally, I dont. Its likely CD will be awesome, but to most of the world GNR is a joke. I think no matter how awesome CD is (and how high it sells) it wont be taken seriously where it counts.

EDIT: Also, its very rare that comeback albums make a difference to the course of RnR. The only one I can think of making a lasting impact was the reformed ACDC.

Its almost always the new blood that revolutionises things - like GNR were back in the day.

how can a band that dont play rock n roll bring it back. (on reference to nugnr)

html sucks
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »

The only thing that stands to save rock, and popular music in general, is the fall of the RIAA. It should be obvious to anyone who pays attention that bands don't get discovered by playing in clubs anymore - they're picked to conform to an industry quota of a particular image. That's why there is no LA Sunset strip, CBGB's, or Seattle that every band is gettign signed frrom right now. The only exceptions to this are in the indie scene, and most people don't know about that stuff because it's not promoted by Clear Channel or MTV.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2006, 07:10:07 PM »

volcomstone you clearly don't have a fucking clue about the current music scene.

comparing avenged sevenfolds to the glam rock of the past.

1. avenged sevenfold play metal, not emo/screamo/hardcore

2. the current equivalent to te 80's glam scene would be the emo/screamo/hardcore bands. thus avenged sevenfold would be the equivalent to the metallica/slayer style bands of the 80's not the equivalent to poison.

just for the hell of carrying on. metallica and gnr personally asked avenged sevenfold to tour with them in europe. avenged sevenfold are not playing the warped tour, they're doing the ozzfest tour, you know where the metal bands go. so please stop with your bullshit, uninformed posts.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2006, 07:30:01 PM »

hahaha... i had no idea anyone actually took avenged sevenfold that seriously

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2006, 09:42:32 PM »

I plan to save rock n roll. Just give me some time.

disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 10:32:11 AM »

hahaha... i had no idea anyone actually took avenged sevenfold that seriously

The entire rant that you posted earlier was taken from: http://www.buddyhead.com/music/bestof2005/. My opinion on Avenged Sevenfold aside, I know of someone who shouldn't be taken seriously...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 10:40:17 AM by disease51883 » Logged
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 01:26:55 PM »

It is not even sure that CD will be a 'rock 'n' roll' record... hihi

I'll download it !
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 04:23:52 PM »

Nothing will save rock adn roll, music has changed so much, it'll have brief periods of good times, but nothing like the 80's metal or the early 90's grunge
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: