Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 107840 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #820 on: July 31, 2006, 01:26:19 PM »

I know the contactmusic website doesn't know its arse from its elbow (allegedly  Grin  ) but here's what they're saying:

ROSE TAKEN ILL AT GUNS N' ROSES GIG

GUNS N' ROSES frontman AXL ROSE was rushed off the stage at London's Wembley Arena last night (30JUL06) after being taken ill with a mystery condition. The rockers were playing the final UK date of their current tour when the SWEET CHILD O' MINE singer was forced to abandon his performance. He was replaced by SKID ROW star SEBASTIAN BACH who covered vocals on NIGHT TRAIN and PARADISE CITY. A representative for Guns N' Roses was unable to confirm details of his illness.
31/07/2006 17:21

Link here:

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/rose%20taken%20ill%20at%20guns%20n%20roses%20gig_1004005

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #821 on: July 31, 2006, 02:02:21 PM »

Some of you people are seriously ungreatful, selfish fucking bastards. The guy was sick, and was advised not to play in the first place, but he went out none the less to give YOU value for money, and because he couldn't finish two songs you start this shit. Load of fucking bollox.
Listen to yourself, why was axl sick? how sick was he to be partying the night before the gig, that 15,000 people had paid there hard earned money to see?

What the fuck has problems with his blood and his vocal chords got to do with being out partying?

Look up what tiredness and alcohol can do to your body and come back.
Listen to BACH download interview about tiredness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_alcohol_on_the_body

Please tell me where on that report problems with blood pressure, and fucked up vocal chords is mentioned. Because after thourough inspection I found nothing.

Pretty sure I've seen that one, isn't that the same one that Bach admits he and Axl don't go out much before gigs to protect their voices?
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #822 on: July 31, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »

Some of you people are seriously ungreatful, selfish fucking bastards. The guy was sick, and was advised not to play in the first place, but he went out none the less to give YOU value for money, and because he couldn't finish two songs you start this shit. Load of fucking bollox.
Listen to yourself, why was axl sick? how sick was he to be partying the night before the gig, that 15,000 people had paid there hard earned money to see?

What the fuck has problems with his blood and his vocal chords got to do with being out partying?

Look up what tiredness and alcohol can do to your body and come back.
Listen to BACH download interview about tiredness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_alcohol_on_the_body

Please tell me where on that report problems with blood pressure, and fucked up vocal chords is mentioned. Because after thourough inspection I found nothing.

Pretty sure I've seen that one, isn't that the same one that Bach admits he and Axl don't go out much before gigs to protect their voices?
yes thats the one, also axl says about alcohol in the radio interview to, and to those who keeps say lock the thread, anything goes is right, this is a discussion and people have different point of views and would be boring it we all shared the same opinon.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #823 on: July 31, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »

Setlist: 30th 2006 Wembely

1.Welcome To The Jungle
2.It's So Easy
3.Mr.Brownstone
4.Live And Let Die
5.Robin Finck Guitar Solo (God Save The Queen)
6.Sweet Child O' Mine
7.Knockin' On Heavens Door
8.Jam/Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
9.The Blues
10.Jam/Richard & Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful)
11.You Could Be Mine
12.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)
13.Out Ta Get Me
14.Jam/November Rain
15.Jam/Band Introduction
16.You Gotta Move (w/Izzy Stradlin & Del James)
17.Patience (w/Izzy Stradlin)
18.nightrain (w/Izzy Stradlin - bach comes on to sing the end of nightrain WITHOUT axl)
19.Paradise City (Seb not Axl on vocals - a first)

Just downloaded the gig. Good bootleg. They should have played afew of the new songs, the new songs are more important than Live and Let Die, Knocking on Heavens Door, You Gotta Move. Didn't they play Rolling Stones and Rod Stewart covers on the 29th

Bootleg:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=33783.0

Looking for the 29th show now  peace
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:58:37 PM by codenameninja » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #824 on: July 31, 2006, 02:58:50 PM »

the setlist would be more something like

1.Welcome To The Jungle
2.It's So Easy
3.Mr.Brownstone
4.Live And Let Die
5.Sweet Child O' Mine
6.Knockin' On Heavens Door
7.The Blues
8.You Could Be Mine
9.Out Ta Get Me
10.Jam/November Rain
11.You Gotta Move (w/Izzy Stradlin & Del James)
12.Patience (w/Izzy Stradlin)
13.nightrain (w/Izzy Stradlin - bach comes on to sing the end of nightrain WITHOUT axl)
14.Paradise City (Seb not Axl on vocals - a first)

more lilke 14 songs .... it was a good show anyway.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #825 on: July 31, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »

All you whiners, just go to whatever other non-GN'R board you can find and whine there. It's getting boring hearing you whine about everything possible.

People get sick, it happens. Axl went to work when he should've called in sick and you still fucking whine.

Does it make you feel better?

One show was re-scheduled on the whole tour. People who actually went to the shows, instead of watching mobile phone recordings on Youtube, loved them.

I went to ten shows on this leg. No show was cancelled.

I don't think buying a GN'R ticket is any bigger risk than any other band. Some of you just keep living in the past and love being negative.

If you think you're being a realist, you're not. The truth is, only one show was re-scheduled. This isn't the 2002 US tour! ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Well said Jarmo! I think on the whole people are very supportive of what happened last night. And so they should be, Axl was ill plain and simple. It was still an amazing show blew me away once again. But this thread really makes the people who whinge, whine and take any opportunity just to take pot shots at Axl and the rest of the band stand out like a sore thumb. You are all so very pathetic and have not got a great deal better to do with your time. It makes me sick really that you call yourselves Guns N Roses fans. My fiance came along last night and she is not a huge Guns fans, but on the way home she said that the fans she met yesterday were amazing people and so passionate about the band and they are the fans who should count. Not negative fuckers like you people (you all know who you are) who are stuck in the past and just whinge for the sake of trying to be contraversial on a fans web site because it makes you feel cool for two minutes! Fucking shame on you! On a lighter note it was great to meet up with Jarmo, Adz, Graciela & Cylan again your great people! And really nice to meet Steve (sorry Anything Goes!), Tonya & Christos for the first time, you guys are fucking great! Take care and see you again soon! Here are a couple of pics my missus took from the pub and wembley! Mike

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:05:36 PM by 33 » Logged

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #826 on: July 31, 2006, 03:26:58 PM »

JARMO - Were you at the acoustic gig?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #827 on: July 31, 2006, 04:29:44 PM »

ungrateful fucks.
GNRRRR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #828 on: July 31, 2006, 04:47:20 PM »

People are so quick to judge! If he's sick and can't perform,  accept it! I'm sure Axl would  rather get through one more song than than to suffer the embarassement of not singing PC-last song of the last gig on the tour...an important song for him, GNR , and fans. It must have been serious enough that he pulled out. Would anyones minds change if he just fell ill and had not played the acoustic show the night before. It really has no relevence on the man's dedication to his fans. People get sick. We're only human, although most think otherwise of AXL  Wink . For all the those writing axl off for not caring  about the fans because of this incident..please take a moment and be logical here.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:49:35 PM by GNRRRR » Logged
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #829 on: July 31, 2006, 04:49:18 PM »

Bottom line - it's rock and roll. It's not about punching a clock. The spur of the moment stuff like the acoustic gig are what make a band cool - giving something extra to fans. Occasionally, it has consequences, but I'd rather see a performer give their all and fall a little short than phone in a performance. Some people need to loosen up.
doubletalkintone
Opening Act

get in the ring motherfucker & i'll kick your ....

« Reply #830 on: July 31, 2006, 05:25:27 PM »

hi guys i was at the show last night in wembley.
I thought it was a good show but I'm a little disappointed that the fans on the 29th got a much better performance than last nights. us die hard fans who got the tickets that were released 1st got the worst show (shit happens).
myself , brundle25 and two mates went to the greyhound before the show and met up with some other drunk fans beer that was cool, I'm glad i was able to convince the bar staff to change the tv channel from MTV Base to Kerrang tv who just so happened to be playing 30 mins of GNR videos, that really set the mood. peace

oh some of you may have seen me and brundle25 we were the blokes wearing KFC buckets on our heads.
it was just for a bit of a laugh , got some good reactions from most people apart from the 3 wankers that took offence and the security guard that took brundle25's coz Axl might be offended!? rant

if you want a good night out may i recommend going to see Guns 2 Roses they are a cover band and they are really worth seeing ( Ive seen them 8 times) their a lot better than UK Guns n Roses! Grin

doubletalkintone.

paris 20th june 06
wembley 30th july 06
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #831 on: July 31, 2006, 05:43:04 PM »

People with an IQ over 20 plan ahead.

So, I take it you never plan ahead.

Again, you don't know what's likely or not - you're talking out of your ass. If you don't believe it fine, but don't act like it's gospel. Axl toughed it out for the show,

But aren't you also talking out of your ass? -- you have no idea whether Axl was really sick , right?  Or is Merck your "gospel?"
My point is I don't give a fuck if he acts like a prima donna.
Well, you make my point.  And that's precisely why he continues to act like a child.

Axl clearly had something wrong, considering he couldn't continue. Or are you gonna tell me he ran off for a roast lamb? Unlike you, I don't make little conspiracy theories in order to get some attention on boards, nor do I bitch about things that have been common knowledge for years. Whatever the cause for the problem, he stuck it out till the end. You happily ignore the fact that other bands have done this and worse while touring (someone else made a very good Lenny Kravitz example in this thread), and the fact that overall this was a VERY successful tour for GNR.

If you haven't clued in to how GN'R runs things, you're beyond help, so have a nice day. You can go back to believing ever rumor you read on the net, better yet, go post at blabbermouth, you'll fit right in.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #832 on: July 31, 2006, 05:54:07 PM »

oh my God- Why did no one tell me that a photo was being taken!! Looking completely the wrong way!!

Useless.

Anyway good to meet up with some of you guys again- Jarmo, Adz, Kim
And nice to meet you Christos, Anthinggoes

GNR fans are the best.

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
anythinggoes
« Reply #833 on: July 31, 2006, 06:00:24 PM »

oh my God- Why did no one tell me that a photo was being taken!! Looking completely the wrong way!!

Useless.

Anyway good to meet up with some of you guys again- Jarmo, Adz, Kim
And nice to meet you Christos, Anthinggoes

GNR fans are the best.

-Greg

bah only my hand was visable to side of jarmo

anythinggoes impervious to photos  hihi

except when he is giving Arron the horn goddammit Horns i meant horns
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #834 on: July 31, 2006, 06:35:40 PM »

Manager Mr. Merck was available for a statement after the show, saying:

"I want you to know that this show today almost didn't happen. Axl felt very very sick this morning with low blood pressure, ..., Axl said, there is no fucking way that we would cancel this show. He made it to Nightrain - Thanks to Sebastian for coming out and doing the last two songs with us. ... We want to thank you all very much!"

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #835 on: July 31, 2006, 07:23:40 PM »

Sorry, if this has already been posted.

Axl Rose taken ill at Guns N' Roses show

Guns n' Roses frontman Axl Rose was taken ill on Sunday night (July 30), during the final UK date of the band's current tour.

The singer left the Wembley Arena stage and was replaced by Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach for the songs 'Night Train' and 'Paradise City'.

According to a statement issued by the band Rose's absence at the end of show was due to the singer being "diagnosed with low blood pressure and low blood sugar on Sunday (July 30) morning".

Prior to that GNR had played a special acoustic gig for competition winners in the early morning of July 30 at Club NME home Koko between 4am and 5.30am.

Following this show the singer was advised by a doctor not to play his final Wembley gig but according to the statment responded "fuck that, I have a show to do and I am not missing it".

Commenting after his no show during the encore on July 30, Rose added: "We have had an amazing tour and it has been fantastic for the band and I to experience this. I approached this last show with equal parts determination, obligation, responsibility and insanity. It was an amazing night. I want to thank everyone in Europe and the UK for inspiring us and for giving us the opportunity to play for them. We are now looking forward to the US in September."
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #836 on: July 31, 2006, 07:29:33 PM »

I haven't reead that
cool

THEY ARE MOVING TO TOUR IN US.
GUYS.... THE "T-MINUS 2 MONTHS" thread starts right fucking now... ok
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #837 on: July 31, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »

Did Axl sing that line in Nightrain "...never to return!" and then went off the stage, never to return?

If so, that's pretty funny!

It sounds like those attending got to see something unusual and unique; I wish I could have seen it. The energy level during Paradise City sounds incredibly intense.

Maybe Axl had to take a shit. I know I've "canceled dates" (not tour dates) due to intestinal turmoil.

Sebastian Bach sounded pretty good (if not a bit lost during Nightrain)... did he find the teleprompter just in time for Paradise City or something? he sounded a lot more ready for that one.
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #838 on: July 31, 2006, 07:37:08 PM »

hey CHINDEM
from wheres that post is?
the press?

or what?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #839 on: July 31, 2006, 08:06:32 PM »

Did Axl sing that line in Nightrain "...never to return!" and then went off the stage, never to return?

thats exactly what he does...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: