Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 108074 times)
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #800 on: July 31, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »

Some of you people are seriously ungreatful, selfish fucking bastards. The guy was sick, and was advised not to play in the first place, but he went out none the less to give YOU value for money, and because he couldn't finish two songs you start this shit. Load of fucking bollox.
Listen to yourself, why was axl sick? how sick was he to be partying the night before the gig, that 15,000 people had paid there hard earned money to see?

What the fuck has problems with his blood and his vocal chords got to do with being out partying?

Look up what tiredness and alcohol can do to your body and come back.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #801 on: July 31, 2006, 12:23:56 PM »

People get sick, it happens. Axl went to work when he should've called in sick and you still fucking whine.

/jarmo

Agreed.  I can't see how anyone who was actually there and witnessed his performance could say that he didn't try his best not to let the fans down.  As to the how and why he was ill, well it's all pure speculation at this point - unless we have some closet stalkers on this board!  In my view, he's been a total pro on this tour, including the way he's dealt with sound problems, errant security and mindless wankers who want to spoil the show for everyone else.

I, on the other hand, have been the complete unpro today - calling in sick when I should have been at work.   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Jools
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #802 on: July 31, 2006, 12:24:46 PM »

Some of you people are seriously ungreatful, selfish fucking bastards. The guy was sick, and was advised not to play in the first place, but he went out none the less to give YOU value for money, and because he couldn't finish two songs you start this shit. Load of fucking bollox.
Listen to yourself, why was axl sick? how sick was he to be partying the night before the gig, that 15,000 people had paid there hard earned money to see?

What the fuck has problems with his blood and his vocal chords got to do with being out partying?

And more to the point, if he was that sick he couldn't finish 2 tracks, why was he out partying in Boujis til 7am this morning. Not that sick obviously, just a lack of respect for the fans. Huh
anythinggoes
« Reply #803 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:53 PM »

I, on the other hand, have been the complete unpro today - calling in sick when I should have been at work.? ?Grin

i bet theres a load of Cyllan haters at your work now  hihi
Elrothiel
« Reply #804 on: July 31, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »

And more to the point, if he was that sick he couldn't finish 2 tracks, why was he out partying in Boujis til 7am this morning. Not that sick obviously, just a lack of respect for the fans. Huh

Shocked Lack of respe... LACK OF RESPECT!!!!??

He fucking played the fucking gig even though he was obviously tired as fuck and not feeling well!

And he played a fucking acoustic show the night before, and with some people they can't calm down and chill right after playin' a gig because their adrenaline is still rushing around!

But its not even about that, he had fucking low blood pressure!! If he'd done those two songs, he would have collapsed onstage. Would you have preferred that? Would you have preferred if he'd had a fucking heart attack?

.... rant
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #805 on: July 31, 2006, 12:34:28 PM »

Axl's not getting any younger, he should have rested after the Saturday gig and done the acoustic gig after the Sunday show. Then he could have got as sick as he wanted to  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:38:00 PM by codenameninja » Logged
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #806 on: July 31, 2006, 12:37:58 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_alcohol_on_the_body

Please tell me where on that report problems with blood pressure, and fucked up vocal chords is mentioned. Because after thourough inspection I found nothing.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #807 on: July 31, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »

No respect for the fans. ?How about the acoustic show where he let fans come and see an intimate show. ?I am so tired of this lack of respect shit and how unprofessional he is. ?He gets stuff thrown at him and he is unprofessional for leaving. ?He isn't feeling well, but plays most of the show(all but a song and a half) and he is unprofessional. ?He can't win even when he plays a whole fucking show. Then people bash the setlist. ? ?Keith Richards was fucking around and changed most of the Rolling Stones tour and he didn't get bashed that much. ?I know Axl and GNR have had a sketchy track record, but it isn't like the stones track record is completely clean.

They played roughly 40 shows and only postponed 1. ?This tour was a success regardless of what some of you on this board say. ?Axl get better, and I can't wait to see you in the states. ?A job well done.
anythinggoes
« Reply #808 on: July 31, 2006, 12:41:32 PM »

No respect for the fans. ?How about the acoustic show where he let fans come and see an intimate show. ?I am so tired of this lack of respect shit and how unprofessional he is. ?He gets stuff thrown at him and he is unprofessional for leaving. ?He isn't feeling well, but plays most of the show(all but a song and a half) and he is unprofessional. ?He can't win even when he plays a whole fucking show. Then people bash the setlist. ? ?Keith Richards was fucking around and changed most of the Rolling Stones tour and he didn't get bashed that much. ?I know Axl and GNR have had a sketchy track record, but it isn't like the stones track record is completely clean.

They played roughly 40 shows and only postponed 1. ?This tour was a success regardless of what some of you on this board say. ?Axl get better, and I can't wait to see you in the states. ?A job well done.

it was resceduled not postponed there is a big difference  Tongue
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #809 on: July 31, 2006, 12:41:48 PM »

Love it

Another person who raves about the tour and hasn't seen the band play!

Well done mate Roll Eyes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jools
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #810 on: July 31, 2006, 12:41:58 PM »

Shocked Lack of respe... LACK OF RESPECT!!!!??

He fucking played the fucking gig even though he was obviously tired as fuck and not feeling well!

And he played a fucking acoustic show the night before, and with some people they can't calm down and chill right after playin' a gig because their adrenaline is still rushing around!

But its not even about that, he had fucking low blood pressure!! If he'd done those two songs, he would have collapsed onstage. Would you have preferred that? Would you have preferred if he'd had a fucking heart attack?

.... rant
No, I'd have preferred it if he hadn't dashed off last night and THEN gone partying for 6 hours. If he's that sick, then he shouldn't be doing things like that. I loved that show, and feel for the guy if he's sick - I didn't mind last night when the lights went up, but to find out he'd left us only to go party in town is a bit gutting.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #811 on: July 31, 2006, 12:42:59 PM »

No respect for the fans.  How about the acoustic show where he let fans come and see an intimate show.  I am so tired of this lack of respect shit and how unprofessional he is.  He gets stuff thrown at him and he is unprofessional for leaving.  He isn't feeling well, but plays most of the show(all but a song and a half) and he is unprofessional.  He can't win even when he plays a whole fucking show. Then people bash the setlist.    Keith Richards was fucking around and changed most of the Rolling Stones tour and he didn't get bashed that much.  I know Axl and GNR have had a sketchy track record, but it isn't like the stones track record is completely clean.

They played roughly 40 shows and only postponed 1.  This tour was a success regardless of what some of you on this board say.  Axl get better, and I can't wait to see you in the states.  A job well done.

sure, job well done. He could have mentioned the album though hihi
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #812 on: July 31, 2006, 12:44:42 PM »

I Didn't see one show?  I was at the New York show and they sounded great.  How would you know if I went to a show anyways?  Oh yeah I meant to say that they rescheduled one show, and it was for a legitimate reason.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2006, 12:50:37 PM »

when u say partying today - do u mean after the last date of the tour (as in yesterday's show that got cut short?)

one point i will make on this whole scenario is that maybe it is not so black and white. this incident has polarised people into axl worshipers and haters. Please can everyone not try and take on board the valid points from both sides of the argument and meet somewhere in the middle?

I can see why people feel let down. I can see why people take what was said by Merck with a pinch of salt - there isn't exactly a clean track record and Merck *could* have just been trying to administer 'disaster management' (much like Seb was by stepping in). You couldn't exactly say nothing or tell the crowd "hey, Axl couldnt be fucked".

On the other hand I would like to believe Axl wasn't quite that self important and so I choose to give the guy a break - altho even I'm doubting myself - does that make me cruel or selfish for thinking these thoughts? I don't think so.

Anyway, its happened. Let's move on and hope its nothing serious. My only regret is that Axl didn't address the crowd himself. Maybe he was unable to even speak/fainted/whatever, but I doubt that. Anyway...

Back In Power
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #814 on: July 31, 2006, 12:56:45 PM »

it was resceduled not postponed there is a big difference? Tongue

yeah and its because brains wife had some pregency problems and he had to fly back early. Anyone who bashes the band for that is not a fan.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #815 on: July 31, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »

Could the mods lock this thread. Its boring  Roll Eyes
anythinggoes
« Reply #816 on: July 31, 2006, 01:16:57 PM »

Could the mods lock this thread. Its boring? Roll Eyes

dont read it then?
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #817 on: July 31, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »

Ok got bk from Wembley will not add anything that prob hasnt been put there. Few things I noticed (being at the front)

On the monitors that Axl reads for lyrics before the show came up all the tracks in order I guess. Jungle, ISE, Brownstone etc. On there was Rhiad and TWAT which I thought was super cool...clearly didnt play them.

There was a girl in black backstage on the side...if anyone knows who she is ?drool

Bumble absolutely owns shit...DC went down SO well around me and in the front people were belting it.

Fish
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #818 on: July 31, 2006, 01:19:19 PM »

I, on the other hand, have been the complete unpro today - calling in sick when I should have been at work.   Grin

i bet theres a load of Cyllan haters at your work now  hihi

Well, y'know, when you're as indispensable as me and ol' Ax, they're just one more cross to bear.   Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #819 on: July 31, 2006, 01:20:56 PM »

Listen to BACH download interview about tiredness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_alcohol_on_the_body

Please tell me where on that report problems with blood pressure, and fucked up vocal chords is mentioned. Because after thourough inspection I found nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: