Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 108074 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #780 on: July 31, 2006, 11:35:59 AM »

I've been thinking. I really does not sound like Axl to quite 2 songs from the end of a show. He's played shows in the past where his voice has sounded blown out from about 4 songs in. I am thinking that something else spooked him 2 songs from the end lastnight. Quite what i donot know.

Is this the 1st time in GnR history where Axl as failed to perform a whole set (riots not included  hihi )
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #781 on: July 31, 2006, 11:37:10 AM »

Is it just me or can you hear axl oh the first verse of PC. Weird LOL Axl should have come out and just faked it, atleast he would have been on stage.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #782 on: July 31, 2006, 11:38:51 AM »

For all you bitching about this, here is the thing. We will know if its legit or axl acting up soon. If he was acting up and did not want to finish the set, then teh band would just quit on him esp tommy since he has the chance to hook up with SA and just go with them. He will prob tour with SA until sept when gnr are gonna start touring the usa. But axl finished the tour, he did every show, and didnt no show any of them, no riots, no nothing like the 2002 had. You really think axl would just say fuck it with one song left on the euro tour after he behaved for the whole thing?

+1 - it doesn't make sense that he would do that. It's weird how some Guns fans are fanatically devoted to Axl, and the rest seem to hate him. Does anyone sit back and wait to find out what the real deal is before jumping to a conclusion?

Also, if Axl was out drinking as much as everyone seems to think he has been, he probably would have had vocal problems, or suffered exhaustion a lot sooner. I'm pretty sure that most of you have no idea how tiring and stressful being on tour really is - especially when there is negative attention focused on you at all times, by the press, and more sadly, by so-called fans.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #783 on: July 31, 2006, 11:44:59 AM »

Baz filled his shoes damn good.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #784 on: July 31, 2006, 11:46:14 AM »

For all you bitching about this, here is the thing. We will know if its legit or axl acting up soon. If he was acting up and did not want to finish the set, then teh band would just quit on him esp tommy since he has the chance to hook up with SA and just go with them. He will prob tour with SA until sept when gnr are gonna start touring the usa. But axl finished the tour, he did every show, and didnt no show any of them, no riots, no nothing like the 2002 had. You really think axl would just say fuck it with one song left on the euro tour after he behaved for the whole thing?

+1 - it doesn't make sense that he would do that. It's weird how some Guns fans are fanatically devoted to Axl, and the rest seem to hate him. Does anyone sit back and wait to find out what the real deal is before jumping to a conclusion?

Also, if Axl was out drinking as much as everyone seems to think he has been, he probably would have had vocal problems, or suffered exhaustion a lot sooner. I'm pretty sure that most of you have no idea how tiring and stressful being on tour really is - especially when there is negative attention focused on you at all times, by the press, and more sadly, by so-called fans.

Its obvisous axl had some voice problems, he didnt even attempt better. That song would  have killed his voice on the spot if he tried to sing it

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #785 on: July 31, 2006, 11:47:28 AM »

Its obvisous axl had some voice problems, he didnt even attempt better. That song would? have killed his voice on the spot if he tried to sing it

I'm sorry - I should have been more clear. I meant earlier in the tour.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #786 on: July 31, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »

All you whiners, just go to whatever other non-GN'R board you can find and whine there. It's getting boring hearing you whine about everything possible.

People get sick, it happens. Axl went to work when he should've called in sick and you still fucking whine.

Does it make you feel better?

One show was re-scheduled on the whole tour. People who actually went to the shows, instead of watching mobile phone recordings on Youtube, loved them.

I went to ten shows on this leg. No show was cancelled.

I don't think buying a GN'R ticket is any bigger risk than any other band. Some of you just keep living in the past and love being negative.

If you think you're being a realist, you're not. The truth is, only one show was re-scheduled. This isn't the 2002 US tour! ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #787 on: July 31, 2006, 11:49:49 AM »

Its obvisous axl had some voice problems, he didnt even attempt better. That song would? have killed his voice on the spot if he tried to sing it

I'm sorry - I should have been more clear. I meant earlier in the tour.

I agree the beer and whine is what is killing his voice, it dries it out. I just meant the last show is was obvious axl was hurting

spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #788 on: July 31, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »

Some of you people are seriously ungreatful, selfish fucking bastards. The guy was sick, and was advised not to play in the first place, but he went out none the less to give YOU value for money, and because he couldn't finish two songs you start this shit. Load of fucking bollox.
Listen to yourself, why was axl sick? how sick was he to be partying the night before the gig, that 15,000 people had paid there hard earned money to see?
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #789 on: July 31, 2006, 11:51:05 AM »

It's weird how some Guns fans are fanatically devoted to Axl, and the rest seem to hate him.

That's the way it's been since day one and part of what makes him such an outstanding frontman.  Axl's like marmite - you either love him or hate him!  Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #790 on: July 31, 2006, 11:58:41 AM »

All you whiners, just go to whatever other non-GN'R board you can find and whine there. It's getting boring hearing you whine about everything possible.

People get sick, it happens. Axl went to work when he should've called in sick and you still fucking whine.

One show was re-scheduled on the whole tour. People who actually went to the shows, instead of watching mobile phone recordings on Youtube, loved them.
Jarmo,
with all due respect i agree with you that people get sick, but in my opinon if he was sick because of excess partying then that is unprofessinal, if i turned up worse for wear at work hungover than thats me being unprofessinal diffe

I don't think buying a GN'R ticket is any bigger risk than any other band. Some of you just keep living in the past and love being negative.

If you think you're being a realist, you're not. The truth is, only one show was re-scheduled. This isn't the 2002 US tour! ?Roll Eyes

/jarmo

with all due respect i agree with you that people get sick, but in my opinon if he was sick because of excess partying then that is unprofessinal, if i turned up worse for wear at work hungover than thats me being unprofessinal difference is i dont have 15,000 people handing me there money to perform. And some of us had only one shot at a concert not ten like your lucky self.

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #791 on: July 31, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »

Some of the so-called "haters" are not haters, at all.  I'm a big fan of Axl (musically) and am rooting for the new music and the tour -- and, generally, the European tour went well.

But why are you automatically labelled a "hater" when you call it like it is:

1.  Axl is routinely very late to start.  Not just "a little late" -- instead, he often makes fans wait 90 minutes or more between acts.  And it makes no difference if that means that the working class fans either have to leave the gig early or miss public transporation to get back home.  "Oh, but that's just Axl!"  Bullshit: I can't think of any other major band that does that over and over to fans and gets away with it.  Why is this complete self-centerdness "okay"?

2.  Although he does better this tour, he still storms off stage with some regularity.   Of course, NO OTHER rock star is ever hit with objects while performing, but ignores it because the 9,999 other fans paid good money and had nothing to do with the object that was thrown.

3.  I've been to gigs where singers have "blown out their throat."  You know what a respectful, grown-up singer does in the worst case scenario:  they come out, apologize to the audience, and state that they can't finish the show or (like Bono and Springsteen have routinely done) they ask the audience to sing the songs.  They don't just disappear and send out friends and cronies with (likely bullshit) stories.  (And if you don't think that the second gig at 6am this morning had ANYTHING to do with the end of this gig, I got a great bridge to sell you.)

I'm sure this makes me a "hater."  But I feel like I have lot more self-respect than all the fools posting the sycophantic " AWWW, GET WELL SOON, AXL" b.s.

I'm just singling you out since you pretty much opened the door:

1) If he's routinely late, why is this such a big shock? You killed your own gripe.
2) He stormed off ONCE on this tour. Other bands have also stormed off for people throwing crap. He's not the only one. The show missed an encore, they got a full set. Go look up any number of other bands who have done that.
3) You don't know what the story is, so how the hell are you commenting on it?

Nice job pal, three invalid points in a single post. Oh, and I'm not labeling you a hater, but you're not "calling it like it is" either. You seem to have forgotten that a rock concert is an unpredictable, unreliable outing, not a night at the opera.

Oh please, it never ceases to amaze how defensive (and silly) fans can be about Axl's childish behavior.  Listen, being fan doesn't HAVE to mean slavishly defending everything someone does.  One can admire Axl's enormous musical talents and the many good things he does AND not to have to ignore, pretend, or deny that he also has many habits that are downright inconsiderate and lousy for the majority of the fans.  I mean, it's almost comical to have this debate because Axl is legendary for being an absolute pain in the ass on the road.  It's only the so-called "die-hard's" who pretend otherwise, based exclusively on a 39-odd date tour that generally went well.

But since you made a couple of comments, I will respond:
1) If he's routinely late, why is this such a big shock? You killed your own gripe.

Well, if you read what I wrote accurately, rather than just engaging in knee-jerk defensiveness, you would see that i did not write anything about a "big shock."  I just stated that he is chronically late, inconsiderate of how fans need to get home, inconsiderate of the overtime needs of the staff at the venue, and no other major bands routinely pulls this crap.  You don't contest any of that.  Instead, you engage in the typical Axl-apologizer response: "well, don't go to the gig then,"  "this is expected," etc ...  Of course, none of that changes the fundamental issue:  Axl behaves like a prima donna and is an ass in doing this.  Why in the world is that so hard to say?  It doesn't make him a bad person and doesn't take away from being a great musician?  It is what it is: absolutely self-centered, the world revolves around me shit.

2) He stormed off ONCE on this tour. Other bands have also stormed off for people throwing crap. He's not the only one. The show missed an encore, they got a full set. Go look up any number of other bands who have done that.

No, he threatens to storm off the stage frequently.  He's gotten a lot better on this tour (as I wrote), but it's an Axl stand-by.  You still don't know if you are going to get a full show with Axl.  Once again, name me another band that routinely threatens to punish the entire audience because of a couple of assholes.  Most bands don't do it PRECISELY because they recognize that 15,000 or 50,000 fans shouldn't be punished because of a couple of people.  Now we can cue the "why should Axl have to tolerate being hit by stuff" etc. 

As I said, "likely bullshit" story.  I know it's a shocking assumption that Axl would storm of the stage for something other than a medical emergency because he has NEVER done that in the past.   

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #792 on: July 31, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »

I've been thinking. I really does not sound like Axl to quite 2 songs from the end of a show. He's played shows in the past where his voice has sounded blown out from about 4 songs in. I am thinking that something else spooked him 2 songs from the end lastnight. Quite what i donot know.

Is this the 1st time in GnR history where Axl as failed to perform a whole set (riots not included  hihi )

Been thinking some more. Maybe Gn'R are not getting enough coverage, maybe Axl would have liked a riot to break out, something small, just get Gn'R onto the television and in the news for all the wrong reasons in true bad'ass rock n'roll style. This is just a theory  hihi
anythinggoes
« Reply #793 on: July 31, 2006, 12:03:52 PM »

Jarmo,
with all due respect i agree with you that people get sick, but in my opinon if he was sick because of excess partying then that is unprofessinal, if i turned up worse for wear at work hungover than thats me being unprofessinal diffe

/jarmo

with all due respect i agree with you that people get sick, but in my opinon if he was sick because of excess partying then that is unprofessinal, if i turned up worse for wear at work hungover than thats me being unprofessinal difference is i dont have 15,000 people handing me there money to perform. And some of us had only one shot at a concert not ten like your lucky self.

You still got a 105 min set Axl was missing for one song boo fucking hoo get over it Baz did a great job as a last min replacement

get over it
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #794 on: July 31, 2006, 12:04:29 PM »

did Axl return to the stage to say goodnight/good bye, or did he just leave for good?
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #795 on: July 31, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »

Some of the so-called "haters" are not haters, at all.  I'm a big fan of Axl (musically) and am rooting for the new music and the tour -- and, generally, the European tour went well.

1.  Axl is routinely very late to start.  Not just "a little late" -- instead, he often makes fans wait 90 minutes or more between acts.  And it makes no difference if that means that the working class fans either have to leave the gig early or miss public transporation to get back home.  "Oh, but that's just Axl!"  Bullshit: I can't think of any other major band that does that over and over to fans and gets away with it.  Why is this complete self-centerdness "okay"?

2.  Although he does better this tour, he still storms off stage with some regularity.   Of course, NO OTHER rock star is ever hit with objects while performing, but ignores it because the 9,999 other fans paid good money and had nothing to do with the object that was thrown.

3.  I've been to gigs where singers have "blown out their throat."  You know what a respectful, grown-up singer does in the worst case scenario:  they come out, apologize to the audience, and state that they can't finish the show or (like Bono and Springsteen have routinely done) they ask the audience to sing the songs.  They don't just disappear and send out friends and cronies with (likely bullshit) stories.  (And if you don't think that the second gig at 6am this morning had ANYTHING to do with the end of this gig, I got a great bridge to sell you.)

I'm sure this makes me a "hater."  But I feel like I have lot more self-respect than all the fools posting the sycophantic " AWWW, GET WELL SOON, AXL" b.s.

Nice job pal, three invalid points in a single post. Oh, and I'm not labeling you a hater, but you're not "calling it like it is" either. You seem to have forgotten that a rock concert is an unpredictable, unreliable outing, not a night at the opera.

Oh please, it never ceases to amaze how defensive (and silly) fans can be about Axl's childish behavior.  Listen, being fan doesn't HAVE to mean slavishly defending everything someone does.  One can admire Axl's enormous musical talents and the many good things he does AND not to have to ignore, pretend, or deny that he also has many habits that are downright inconsiderate and lousy for the majority of the fans.  I mean, it's almost comical to have this debate because Axl is legendary for being an absolute pain in the ass on the road.  It's only the so-called "die-hard's" who pretend otherwise, based exclusively on a 39-odd date tour that generally went well.

Well, if you read what I wrote accurately, rather than just engaging in knee-jerk defensiveness, you would see that i did not write anything about a "big shock."  I just stated that he is chronically late, inconsiderate of how fans need to get home, inconsiderate of the overtime needs of the staff at the venue, and no other major bands routinely pulls this crap.  You don't contest any of that.  Instead, you engage in the typical Axl-apologizer response: "well, don't go to the gig then,"  "this is expected," etc ...  Of course, none of that changes the fundamental issue:  Axl behaves like a prima donna and is an ass in doing this.  Why in the world is that so hard to say?  It doesn't make him a bad person and doesn't take away from being a great musician?  It is what it is: absolutely self-centered, the world revolves around me shit.

No, he threatens to storm off the stage frequently.  He's gotten a lot better on this tour (as I wrote), but it's an Axl stand-by.  You still don't know if you are going to get a full show with Axl.  Once again, name me another band that routinely threatens to punish the entire audience because of a couple of assholes.  Most bands don't do it PRECISELY because they recognize that 15,000 or 50,000 fans shouldn't be punished because of a couple of people.  Now we can cue the "why should Axl have to tolerate being hit by stuff" etc. 

As I said, "likely bullshit" story.  I know it's a shocking assumption that Axl would storm of the stage for something other than a medical emergency because he has NEVER done that in the past.   
No one is asking for a night at the opera.  Just asking that a performer, who makes millions exclusively from fans who paid their hard-earned dollars (or pounds) to go to a gig, to show up on time and finish a gig so that it doesn't take the fans all night to get back home.  Is that such a fucking huge request on poor little Axl.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:09:00 PM by veritas55 » Logged
spuddy1
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #796 on: July 31, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »

Jarmo,

/jarmo

You still got a 105 min set Axl was missing for one song boo fucking hoo get over it Baz did a great job as a last min replacement

get over it
Thought you followed GNR a lot, it was more than one song that the thousands missed out on, just look at the setlist from the night before. boo fucking hoo
anythinggoes
« Reply #797 on: July 31, 2006, 12:09:47 PM »

Jarmo,

/jarmo

get over it
Thought you followed GNR a lot, it was more than one song that the thousands missed out on, just look at the setlist from the night before. boo fucking hoo

ok but it was Sunday not Saturday check the sheffield Setlist not much difference

what i am saying is we still got a show there wasnt many unhappy faces only probably from the die hards who had wanted to hear the new ones
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #798 on: July 31, 2006, 12:10:26 PM »

Some of you people are seriously ungreatful, selfish fucking bastards. The guy was sick, and was advised not to play in the first place, but he went out none the less to give YOU value for money, and because he couldn't finish two songs you start this shit. Load of fucking bollox.
Listen to yourself, why was axl sick? how sick was he to be partying the night before the gig, that 15,000 people had paid there hard earned money to see?

What the fuck has problems with his blood and his vocal chords got to do with being out partying?
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #799 on: July 31, 2006, 12:14:51 PM »

1) You may not have used the word shock, but what I said is still true, and it's obvious you're doing the knee-jerk (since you like the term) "oh think of the people going home late" arguement. Tough shit, guess what, it should have been anticipated. My point is I don't give a fuck if he acts like a prima donna. You've had 20 years to get used to it. It's a rock concert, not a play outing, if you don't like it, LEAVE. No one forces you to go to the show or buy the albums. It's not a shock or surpise, you know it going in. I purposely showed up late to a GNR show on the 2002 tour and it worked out great, I didn't wait long and saw the whole show. I was lucky enough to miss the shitty openers. People with an IQ over 20 plan ahead. Others bitch on the internet. Axl being late shouldn't surprise anyone. It's not a reason to bitch at this point, if you're hopeless enough not to have worked out a way home, you're on your own.

2) All kinds of other bands make this threat. If you're not aware of this you clearly haven't been to many festivals. So don't tell me they don't do it, I've been at plenty of shows where this threat was made. Numerous festivals all the way back to Lollapalooza.

3) Again, you don't know what's likely or not - you're talking out of your ass. If you don't believe it fine, but don't act like it's gospel. Axl toughed it out for the show, read my other posted where I mention Eddie Vedder getting replaced by Young. If Axl had of pulled THAT and had Baz sing the whole show, then you'd have something to bitch about.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:17:32 PM by kyrie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: