Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:30:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 108206 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #760 on: July 31, 2006, 07:52:15 AM »

Thanks Guns and axl for a memorable summer 2006 the 2 shows i went to download and glasgow were awesome would love to hear the audio Bootleg of the wembley 30th show is there an upload somewhere?

And get well soon axl

open your eyes mate

go to downloads its there
G n R Fan 87-06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #761 on: July 31, 2006, 07:54:34 AM »

Thanks anything goes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #762 on: July 31, 2006, 08:02:07 AM »

Axl should have come out and apologized instead of sending Merck and Baz out to do his dirty work. I think it would have been a wise decision for Axl to speak on his own behalf instead of sending out the yes men.?
Didn't Baz just grab the mic and dash out to finish off Nightrain? That was my understanding, anyway; I doubt there was any consultation backstage...

SG

Maybe he was not capable of going back out & explaining what happened himself.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
CoMa UK
Headliner

« Reply #763 on: July 31, 2006, 08:24:58 AM »

Video of Bach on Lead Vocals - Paradise City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7TZ6DIEVo

CoMa  Cool
Natasha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #764 on: July 31, 2006, 08:29:59 AM »

Just back from the show and scanned the thread.? Not sure where the high blood pressure bit came from as I'm sure I heard Merck say that Axl hadn't been well all day and it was due to low blood pressure.? (I stand ready to be corrected on this if I misheard.)? He had been advised not to perform but said there was no way he was cancelling the show.

With hindsight there were a few pointers to him being unwell dotted throughout the set - not in the way Axl sang or performed, that was as high energy as the rest of the tour has been, but in a couple of other things that didn't seem quite right to me.? First of all, Better was missed and I thought maybe there were going to be extras later on and so it was dropped for that reason.? Baz didn't come on for My Michelle - I thought possibly the same reason as before but not likely.? Axl wasn't joking and talking with the crowd, which I thought he would've it being thelast night.? During You Gotta Move, Izzy and Del stood front of stage and sang - Axl left the stage, when normally (if I remember correctly) he joins in.? They didn't do Think About You, going straight into Patience instead.? The most telling moment for me was the band introductions, there was no messing about but a very quick run through the names.? It was at that point that I thought he wants this show over with as quickly as possible.? Also, Dizzy played his solo and was ready to go into The Blues but no Axl on stage.? Dizzy then played for a while longer and Axl appeared.

Fortunately Baz was at the side of the stage and leapt into action and finished Nightrain, with the help of the crowd.? Same went for PC.? It wasn't until the lights had gone up that Merck walked on stage, announced who he was and told us about Axl and said that the doctor was with him.? I hung around afterwards for about 20 min or so but was unable to get any more details.? ?I'm sure more details will emerge shortly - maybe even a press release from Merck.

All in all it was a sad ending for such a successful tour and I'm sure Axl feels gutted that he didn't quite manage to finish the show, but ultimately his health and well-being is of paramount importance.? Axl is quite simply the best frontman around and I want to wish him all the best and thank him and the rest of GNR for giving me such an amazingly memorable summer of 2006.? I feel extremely lucky and privileged to have been able to share this tour with them.

Get well soon, Axl.? ?love

Cyllan, you just a hero of the summer. Thanks for your stories.
Natasha
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #765 on: July 31, 2006, 08:34:48 AM »

Sounds to me like Baz and Frank both made for pretty good understudies.  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #766 on: July 31, 2006, 08:45:20 AM »

Sometimes I got the feeling that some of the "fans" are willing to see the band and Axl fail ...

Fuck, the man went through a whole set, minus one and a half song, whats the big deal ? Didn't the band just finished a complete European tour, with some highlights (RIR, Download wich was almost a disaster and turned up being great, and so many other dates arround EU).

Besides, neither Axl or the band never said anything about the last show of this tour.

Nobody said they would play a new song that nobody heard before, nobody said Axl would give us a release date for CD or for a single. That was all bullshit from "someone who supposedly heard a roadie speaking about that". BS

I say congrats to the band for this succesfull tour, for all the gigs, and for all the pleasure they gave us.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #767 on: July 31, 2006, 08:45:43 AM »

I'm still outraged that Axl came on late the other night and the buses weren't running when the show ended!

Axl is an inconsiderate asshole! ? hihi

I think the only thing worth mentioning about this is that it is kind of funny that the last GN'R song of the tour didn't have a single original member of the band. ?I think this answers the question that was posed in the "GNR without Axl?" thread: Yes! As long as Bach is available!

What gives you the energy to be here writing your bullshit replies? This isn't an attack against you, I'm just curious to know the reasons what gives you the motivation to hang around in the band forum as you obviously hate the band.. 
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #768 on: July 31, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »

Isn't this what the other July 30th thread is for?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #769 on: July 31, 2006, 09:28:15 AM »

Just back from the show and scanned the thread.  Not sure where the high blood pressure bit came from as I'm sure I heard Merck say that Axl hadn't been well all day and it was due to low blood pressure.  (I stand ready to be corrected on this if I misheard.)  He had been advised not to perform but said there was no way he was cancelling the show.

With hindsight there were a few pointers to him being unwell dotted throughout the set - not in the way Axl sang or performed, that was as high energy as the rest of the tour has been, but in a couple of other things that didn't seem quite right to me.  First of all, Better was missed and I thought maybe there were going to be extras later on and so it was dropped for that reason.  Baz didn't come on for My Michelle - I thought possibly the same reason as before but not likely.  Axl wasn't joking and talking with the crowd, which I thought he would've it being thelast night.  During You Gotta Move, Izzy and Del stood front of stage and sang - Axl left the stage, when normally (if I remember correctly) he joins in.  They didn't do Think About You, going straight into Patience instead.  The most telling moment for me was the band introductions, there was no messing about but a very quick run through the names.  It was at that point that I thought he wants this show over with as quickly as possible.  Also, Dizzy played his solo and was ready to go into The Blues but no Axl on stage.  Dizzy then played for a while longer and Axl appeared.

Fortunately Baz was at the side of the stage and leapt into action and finished Nightrain, with the help of the crowd.  Same went for PC.  It wasn't until the lights had gone up that Merck walked on stage, announced who he was and told us about Axl and said that the doctor was with him.  I hung around afterwards for about 20 min or so but was unable to get any more details.   I'm sure more details will emerge shortly - maybe even a press release from Merck.

All in all it was a sad ending for such a successful tour and I'm sure Axl feels gutted that he didn't quite manage to finish the show, but ultimately his health and well-being is of paramount importance.  Axl is quite simply the best frontman around and I want to wish him all the best and thank him and the rest of GNR for giving me such an amazingly memorable summer of 2006.  I feel extremely lucky and privileged to have been able to share this tour with them.

Get well soon, Axl.   love

Cyllan, you just a hero of the summer. Thanks for your stories.
Natasha

You're much too kind but thank you anyway.  ok

It's cool that everyone relates in their own way to a GNR show and has an individual style in the retelling.  I, too, enjoy reading people's reactions on their return from the gig.  I applaud everyone who provided real-time updates, reviews, photos etc - your time and effort in providing the real truth behind what went on was much appreciated.  In today's world it's easier than ever to get overloaded with information; sadly however, so much of it is bullshit.  I know that when the US tour kicks off, this is the place I'll be found, relying on the American branch of the GNR community to keep me in touch with the progress of Axl and the lads.   Smiley

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #770 on: July 31, 2006, 09:48:26 AM »

Some of the so-called "haters" are not haters, at all.? I'm a big fan of Axl (musically) and am rooting for the new music and the tour -- and, generally, the European tour went well.

But why are you automatically labelled a "hater" when you call it like it is:

1.? Axl is routinely very late to start.? Not just "a little late" -- instead, he often makes fans wait 90 minutes or more between acts.? And it makes no difference if that means that the working class fans either have to leave the gig early or miss public transporation to get back home.? "Oh, but that's just Axl!"? Bullshit: I can't think of any other major band that does that over and over to fans and gets away with it.? Why is this complete self-centerdness "okay"?

2.? Although he does better this tour, he still storms off stage with some regularity.? ?Of course, NO OTHER rock star is ever hit with objects while performing, but ignores it because the 9,999 other fans paid good money and had nothing to do with the object that was thrown.

3.? I've been to gigs where singers have "blown out their throat."? You know what a respectful, grown-up singer does in the worst case scenario:? they come out, apologize to the audience, and state that they can't finish the show or (like Bono and Springsteen have routinely done) they ask the audience to sing the songs.? They don't just disappear and send out friends and cronies with (likely bullshit) stories.? (And if you don't think that the second gig at 6am this morning had ANYTHING to do with the end of this gig, I got a great bridge to sell you.)

I'm sure this makes me a "hater."? But I feel like I have lot more self-respect than all the fools posting the sycophantic " AWWW, GET WELL SOON, AXL" b.s.

I have to agree with this post 100 percent.

Axl's reputation is at fault here and its easy for people on here to call other's names, but I know if I had spent tons of cash to go see this, id be on here pissed off as well.

Axl is the reason Ill never buy a ticket and watch GNR. No matter how much I love this band, Its just too unsafe of an investment and I dont have that kind of money to risk.

Watching your favorite band in concert shouldnt be like a crap shoot.

c'mon D, what the fuck are you talking about?Huh?

they have just finished a great tour with what, 40 shows, and they haven't cancelled a single show if you don't count the gigs with the stones....

your comment just doesn't make any sence... no

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #771 on: July 31, 2006, 09:53:29 AM »

It's cool that everyone relates in their own way to a GNR show and has an individual style in the retelling.  I, too, enjoy reading people's reactions on their return from the gig.  I applaud everyone who provided real-time updates, reviews, photos etc - your time and effort in providing the real truth behind what went on was much appreciated.  In today's world it's easier than ever to get overloaded with information; sadly however, so much of it is bullshit.  I know that when the US tour kicks off, this is the place I'll be found, relying on the American branch of the GNR community to keep me in touch with the progress of Axl and the lads.   Smiley

Let me echo those sentiments, and also say it was a privelidge to meet you and the HTGTH crew prior to the show on Saturday  beer
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #772 on: July 31, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »

Yawn.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #773 on: July 31, 2006, 10:21:04 AM »

Axl should have come out and apologized instead of sending Merck and Baz out to do his dirty work. I think it would have been a wise decision for Axl to speak on his own behalf instead of sending out the yes men. 
Didn't Baz just grab the mic and dash out to finish off Nightrain? That was my understanding, anyway; I doubt there was any consultation backstage...

SG

Not a consultation as such, but I don't believe it was a completely spontaneous reaction on Baz's part.

This is how I saw it.  When I noticed Baz standing at the side of the stage (before Nightrain was played) he was wearing clothes that were not his usual stage gear and so, I assumed, he wasn't planning to be on stage that night.  Axl left the stage at an instrumental part and it wasn't until he didn't return on cue that the flurry of activity began.  The crowd sang about 4 lines on their own and then I saw Baz and Merck (I think) exchanging words and then Baz being handed a mic and jumping on stage.  Don't forget this all happened in the space of a couple of minutes or even less, when it suddenly became apparent that Axl wouldn't be able to continue.  The band were stars and didn't miss a beat throughout, but the relief on their faces was visible as Baz took over vocals and the Wembley crowd gave him a rapturous reception.  All things considered, we were very lucky that he was on hand to lead us through a storming rendition of PC and being the consummate pro that he is, he didn't let us down. 

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #774 on: July 31, 2006, 10:22:27 AM »

Some of you people are seriously ungreatful, selfish fucking bastards. The guy was sick, and was advised not to play in the first place, but he went out none the less to give YOU value for money, and because he couldn't finish two songs you start this shit. Load of fucking bollox.
T_Roxie
« Reply #775 on: July 31, 2006, 10:23:17 AM »

I had a great time at the show...Baz did a really good job covering up! Bit dissapointed they didn't play many new songs, but other than that they were fantastic!
T_Roxie
« Reply #776 on: July 31, 2006, 10:25:57 AM »

Axl was not feeling well (only an idiot would not see that)

I was about 6 feet away from him and he looked fine to me.

The concert was awesome tho, i didnt mind that he left early cos i was getting crushed!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 10:32:37 AM by T_Roxie » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #777 on: July 31, 2006, 11:13:54 AM »

Let me echo those sentiments, and also say it was a privelidge to meet you and the HTGTH crew prior to the show on Saturday  beer

Cheers Leddy - good to see you had a safe trip home.  The pre-show meets really add to the whole experience - not least 'cos I get the chance to start chatting to complete strangers wearing GNR t-shirts in the pub with a legitimate excuse that they might be from the HTGTH board.   Grin

Seriously though, wonderful though this internet technology thingy is, it's been a real treat to meet such cool people (although being true Gunners they have no reason not to be!) and it's been fantastic to chat about all things GNR face-to-face with other fans who are as passionate about the band as I am.  Let's hope it'll not be too long before we can do it all again.

Speaking of passion, I was standing by the rail on the Sat and being rather small couldn't really gauge the crowd's overall reaction to the show.  But I was seated right by the stage on Sun and was mightily impressed with the intensity of the crowd at this show.  It definitely matched the energy level of the Manchester show - which for me had been the highlight of the UK tour, prior to Wembley.  I was rather gratified at that, given that London audiences sometimes get the reputation of being a little world-weary in a kind of 'so come on, impress me', sort of way.

Note to all bands who complain of this: See, we can do it when we try - you just have to impress us sufficiently.   Wink

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #778 on: July 31, 2006, 11:22:31 AM »

For all you bitching about this, here is the thing. We will know if its legit or axl acting up soon. If he was acting up and did not want to finish the set, then teh band would just quit on him esp tommy since he has the chance to hook up with SA and just go with them. He will prob tour with SA until sept when gnr are gonna start touring the usa. But axl finished the tour, he did every show, and didnt no show any of them, no riots, no nothing like the 2002 had. You really think axl would just say fuck it with one song left on the euro tour after he behaved for the whole thing?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #779 on: July 31, 2006, 11:26:27 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7TZ6DIEVo

baz and pc

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: