Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 108201 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #740 on: July 31, 2006, 06:06:25 AM »

It's a shame that some people call themselves GNR Fans. Fuck off!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #741 on: July 31, 2006, 06:10:41 AM »

I just read that Axl cound'nt finish the show. How ill was he? he managed most of the show and could sing the finnal song. That makes little sense. I sorta happy i didn't bother going. I'll see'em another time  hihi

You say that about a lot of concerts ...
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #742 on: July 31, 2006, 06:33:01 AM »

id be more worried about NME's misinformative reporting regarding last night's performance

they were the magazine that reported that GNR got booed and bottled off stage in Newcastle, so who knows what they'll say happened last night, maybe "Axl shoots fan in the face before riding off out of Wembley Arena on a huskey driven sled"

Thats NME for you, worst magazine out there after Kerrang. They should just focus on Pete Doherty and not concern themselves with real rockstars!

Jonx
Dazman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #743 on: July 31, 2006, 06:46:24 AM »

Some great tracks played last night, but a mega disjointed set.
If the bloke cant be assed to turn up on time, at least get a support act who'l play till he does.
Of corse, Axel n co could offer those who paid good money last night some form of recompencation.....But he wont. He's taken his money n run.
The man is gettin to old n fat to rock n roll, but will he fade away.....Not while the fools are throwing the cash at the cow.

beer
Heres to another pay day dude from an ex-fool ?
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #744 on: July 31, 2006, 06:48:39 AM »

Yea the headlines will be something like, Guns N' Roses play with no actual members or something like that.
Bash all you want but i'd agree, the crowd were treated to a cover band's version of Paradise City last night.
Olorin
« Reply #745 on: July 31, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

Right so Axl was ill, never finished the show blah blah blah....

Never mind that shite -

What the fuck is this about dancing midgets? Huh
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #746 on: July 31, 2006, 06:50:14 AM »

so wheres the setlist?... i missed the updates yesterday 'cause i couldn't be on the computer setlists ?and reviews?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #747 on: July 31, 2006, 06:52:56 AM »

Lol - i'm a hater? Hell - i spent ?120 quid on GNR in 2 months

GNR played for less than 90 MINS! (1030 - 11.50)

30 mins+ of that were solo's!

I count 13 songs that were played - 3 didn't feature Axl (Nightrain, PC and You gotta move)

When u have endured the WORST solo's in history - and a piano solo that easily lasted 15 mins and then Axl doesn't even bother to return to say he's in difficult - then i complain

Baz and hired guns - its like some glorified Karokee

And i'll repeat: Axl had no troubel charging about 30 seconds before he vanished, he was smiling away - but then, gone, without a word

Dont we deserve him simply appearing to say sorry he's in pain?

..and amazing this happened on the last day of the tour....what a convenient illness!

And Axl - thanks, again, for ensuring that no one there could get back on public transport, but i was prepared and drove Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:58:40 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #748 on: July 31, 2006, 07:01:43 AM »

Well Axl gave it a try! I am pretty sure he had a damn good reason to finish early, he would not just leave because he did not want to play anymore. And if he had low blood pressure indeed then this is not something funny, you can completely collapse because of that.

I think it was also fuckin great of Sebastian Bach to save the show...well it must have been a lil weird, I confess that, but it is the rock n roll spirit that counts.

And now to all these morons who bitch and complain"wooo I only saw GnR for 90 minutes booohoo!" I spent loads of money twice for shows that did not take place. And now that Axl makes an effort to give the best to the fans but can not continue some idiots complain like it was the end of GnR!

I think all in all we had a great and very succesful tour and I am sure it was an overwhelming experience for (nearly) everybody who had the chance to see them.

Thank you GnR, thanks Axl: get better soon...don`t you party too hard anymore;)

Hope you are coming back to Europe soon!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 07:09:53 AM by god of thunder » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #749 on: July 31, 2006, 07:03:01 AM »

Well Axl gave it a try! I am pretty sure he had a damn good reason to finish early,

Like his damn good reason at Philly for not showing?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #750 on: July 31, 2006, 07:04:19 AM »

I am back from 3 day trip and I can not beleive the shit... fucking shit. You could see through all the set Axl was not feeling well (only an idiot would not see that), but instead of canceling the whole show, he played almost to the end. And it was fucking great show! And what band and Sebastian did is amazing move towards the fans! I can not go through all the shit people are posting here, so just shut up!

Amazing show!

PS. It was great meeting jarmo, Christos, tonya, anythinggoes and everyone else I forgot to mention. Hope you all got home safe after the show. See you again!
anythinggoes
« Reply #751 on: July 31, 2006, 07:09:08 AM »

so wheres the setlist?... i missed the updates yesterday 'cause i couldn't be on the computer setlists ?and reviews?

1.Welcome To The Jungle
2.It's So Easy
3.Mr.Brownstone
4.Live And Let Die
5.Robin Finck Guitar Solo (God Save The Queen)
6.Sweet Child O' Mine
7.Knockin' On Heavens Door
8.Jam/Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
9.The Blues
10.Jam/Richard & Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful)
11.You Could Be Mine
12.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)
13.Out Ta Get Me
14.Jam/November Rain
15.Jam/Band Introduction
16.You Gotta Move (w/Izzy Stradlin & Del James)
17.Patience (w/Izzy Stradlin)
18.nightrain (w/Izzy Stradlin) Sebastian Bach Finishes Last Verse and Chorus
19.Paradise City (w/Izzy Stradlin) Sebastian Bach On Vocals No Axl
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #752 on: July 31, 2006, 07:14:43 AM »

Can you pleaaaaaaaaaaaaze stop this! Get over it! I had to try for 3 times to finally see GnR.

Axl and GnR really did their best to perform on this tour and not to fuck it up! I am very sure that Axl had planned a glorious finale of the tour, so if he suddenly stopped I am certain that there was a damn good reason for it..... not to compare with 2002 which was wrong from the start. I guess we will never know exactly what happened then...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #753 on: July 31, 2006, 07:16:07 AM »

axl rose is not a singing machine, like you put a coin in and the singing comes out, he is bloody human and humans do have health problems.

AS a PERFORMER, he had a lot of courage to go up there and hold for 90 minutes.

A true professional.

At least, respect THAT

Nothing to say
lcg
« Reply #754 on: July 31, 2006, 07:19:06 AM »

It was a great show and I thank Axl for trying so hard and getting as far as Nightrain. And I certainly have no complaints when it was Baz who sang the remainder of Nightrain and the whole of Paradise City  Cheesy
I hope Axl gets well soon and I hope the US tour is just as good as the European tour Smiley
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #755 on: July 31, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »

This is my first post on here, normally I just read for updates etc, however since I was at last nights show I thought I'd add my view.

Firstly it was my 3rd G'n'R show (Wembley 91 and Docklands '02) - I was thinking for 90mins this was the best performance I had seen by them.  Before the early close my only slight gripe would be to cut down on the number of solos, but maybe they were a bit longer this time to help Axl?

Axl was quite subbdued throughout - he rarely spoke in between songs to the crowd, however singing wise he seemed spot-on as far as I could tell -  yes I'm dis-apointed the show ended about 30 mins early, it's annoying that on the extra date show the audience got a top dollar show, and ours didn't match it but I'm not ranting and raving about it.  I'm taking the view that it was a "unique" show, and I was there. 

You have to take the statement by Merck at face value low blood pressure can be very serious  (unlike low blood sugar which can be treated far more quickly).  Has anyone considered the possibility they were monitoring his blood pressure through-out the show, perhaps it got to a level where a medic said, "I can't let you go back out, it's been detiorating over the last 30 mins, it's too dangerous" - Anyhow when the manager came on and explained the situation, there was very little negative crowd reaction, and Bach got a deserved cheer for providing some kind of finale.

Anyhow hope he recovers quickly.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2006, 07:35:46 AM »

Its amazing reading some of these, completely negative,selfish post.

I listened to the entire show (thanks for recording anythinggoes Smiley)

And from what I heard it sounded amazing.

If indeed it was a case of low blood pressure, and possible stress on the vocal chords, people need to do a bit of researvh, cause low blood pressure can be even harmful, than what other people were assuming high blood pressure, and yes MErck said LOW blood pressure.

Thanks for confirming that jazjme.  When I came back from the show and read people talking about high blood pressure and then low blood sugar, I began to doubt what I believed I'd heard with my own ears.  That's why I put the caveat on the post I made earlier - but it's still good to know that I'm not hearing things!

Just to get back to the show, I may not have been there , but I listened to it, and it as also an awesome show. And baz really showed his friendship to Axl by helping out and finishing the show, for him. KUdos . ANd he rocked it!

You're right, right up until the point that Axl had to leave, he was giving it 100% in both vocals and performance-wise even though there was something clearly amiss.  Baz stepping into the breach like that was just what you'd expect after seeing the genuine love and affection between them during the tour.  And contrary to what someone posted about whether the crowd were pissed off by Baz doing PC, I can assure you that as far as I could see everyone went crazy when he came on and sang, bounced, cheered and waved as much, if not more, than they usually do.  Speaking personally, even though I didn't know at the stage what exactly was wrong with Axl, it was obvious that it was serious (the look on Beta's face when she was speaking to Merck told me that) and I believe the rest of the crowd sensed it too.  It was kind of like the audience stepped in to help the band out too and by keeping the momentum building right up until end of the show was the best (and probably only way at that point) that we could show our support and appreciation for what had been a magnificent show and amazing tour by the whole band.  My only regret is that Axl wasn't well enough to come on stage with the band at the end when they took their bow and hear for himself as we raised the new Wembley roof in thunderous applause and wild cheering.

Personally , hope Axl takes care of himself , and work to get beter.And I wish him speedy recovery. AS far as I have seen GNR have truly done a great job this summer and easlily  delivered truly amazing performances. Even as so many "airmchair internet board freaks," seem to want to bash Axl, and claim or try to convey how much the really dont like Axl. SAd and pathedic.

Anyway I think the show sounded great.
Kudos to them for hving a great summer and  successful treak.

All the negative morons, be bitter all your life, I can give a shit!

Agree 100%.  Saw 14 shows on this tour, including all the UK dates, and have had the best two weeks following the band this summer that I can remember in a long, long time (probably since the '91-93 tour!).  I hope it's nothing more than exhaustion (it has been merciliessly hot in these venues) that has caused Axl's problems and that a good rest and loads of TLC from those that care about him will get him back to full strength.

Thank you, again, to Axl, GNR, Izzy and Baz for exceeding all my expectations and making my summer.   Cool

cyllan

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #757 on: July 31, 2006, 07:37:19 AM »

sorry about the updates coming in late at some points, it was just that everyone kept posting it kept saying

"warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. you may wish to review you're post"

so it wouldnt let me post, sorry guys i did try to keep up but u guys kept postin

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
G n R Fan 87-06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #758 on: July 31, 2006, 07:46:09 AM »

Thanks Guns and axl for a memorable summer 2006 the 2 shows i went to download and glasgow were awesome would love to hear the audio Bootleg of the wembley 30th show is there an upload somewhere?

And get well soon axl
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #759 on: July 31, 2006, 07:48:25 AM »

Axl should have come out and apologized instead of sending Merck and Baz out to do his dirty work. I think it would have been a wise decision for Axl to speak on his own behalf instead of sending out the yes men.?
Didn't Baz just grab the mic and dash out to finish off Nightrain? That was my understanding, anyway; I doubt there was any consultation backstage...

SG
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: