Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 108393 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #720 on: July 31, 2006, 04:47:54 AM »

I think you people forget axl had problems since the beginning of the tour and Baz helped him so he could actually DO the tour, it's no surprise his voice is strained after so many weeks.

I think he did amazingly for so many weeks and although it was the last night, you don't choose WHEN you get sick.

Axl is probably depressed over it.

You could show a little compassion.

Nothing to say
anythinggoes
« Reply #721 on: July 31, 2006, 04:49:06 AM »

I fucking love this picture taken from my mobile phone

Brody
« Reply #722 on: July 31, 2006, 04:49:59 AM »

I fucking love this picture taken from my mobile phone

Wow thats a bad ass pic!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #723 on: July 31, 2006, 04:50:28 AM »

for all the worrying about negative press in the UK, i've not seen anything on the major tabloids websites about this.

its still early Kerrang will have a fucking field day though i can feel it

kerrang's opinion isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #724 on: July 31, 2006, 04:51:21 AM »

And for all you people complaining about the complete lack of surprises, or any kind of statement about  CD, don't forget that anything like that most likely would have come during/after an encore, which he  didn't perform. Something may have been planned, I don't know, it's just a thought.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #725 on: July 31, 2006, 04:57:14 AM »

Could he not just have a eaten a few chocolate bars during one of the (usually many) solos, if he's suffering from hypoglycaemia? Better yet, a bottle of Lucozade.

Having re-read the posts on this thread, why are some of you reacting to this like he's been diagnosed with cancer? Hypoglycaemia is not a big deal, and it's easy to keep in check unless you're diabetic.

Of course, this is all presuming it's a legit story. No wonder Axl's still got a fan base with so many people willing to forgive/justify/explain his every fuck-up.

Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar, low blood pressure, however, is hypotension. Two very different conditions. Hypotension can be caused by anything from infections to heart disease.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #726 on: July 31, 2006, 05:00:53 AM »

Which is why axl NEEDS to eat before going on stage.

I have hypoglycemia. It causes me faints, even hyper moods, angers and all, adrenaline is all i have when i am sick.

I was advised to always have bread in my handbag.

I feel for axl. I am so sorry. So so sorry.

That Sebastian ( although i joke about his hair and loreal ) is one hell of a guy then, isn't he ?

God, one hell of a band actually. They all stick up for one another. And all stick up for axl.

I do hope he gets better and sleeps.

Nothing to say
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #727 on: July 31, 2006, 05:03:10 AM »

Which is why axl NEEDS to eat before going on stage.

I have hypoglycemia. It causes me faints, even hyper moods, angers and all, adrenaline is all i have when i am sick.

I was advised to always have bread in my handbag.

I feel for axl. I am so sorry. So so sorry.

That Sebastian ( although i joke about his hair and loreal ) is one hell of a guy then, isn't he ?

God, one hell of a band actually. They all stick up for one another. And all stick up for axl.

I do hope he gets better and sleeps.

Again, low blood pressure is not Hypoglacemia, it is called Hypotension. I don't think low blood sugar has been mentioned as a cause for Axl's sudden absense, only low blood pressure.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #728 on: July 31, 2006, 05:04:22 AM »

i don't know and won't to be a bad but some of you guys are fuckin stupid??

This tour was great tour and Axl is only the man,and if he had a troubles with preasure or voice it was normaly to finished

i had a chance to watch newgnr in bidapest and band was great

I have never seen so many tree
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #729 on: July 31, 2006, 05:08:06 AM »

Could he not just have a eaten a few chocolate bars during one of the (usually many) solos, if he's suffering from hypoglycaemia? Better yet, a bottle of Lucozade.

Having re-read the posts on this thread, why are some of you reacting to this like he's been diagnosed with cancer? Hypoglycaemia is not a big deal, and it's easy to keep in check unless you're diabetic.

Of course, this is all presuming it's a legit story. No wonder Axl's still got a fan base with so many people willing to forgive/justify/explain his every fuck-up.

Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar, low blood pressure, however, is hypotension. Two very different conditions. Hypotension can be caused by anything from infections to heart disease.

Ok, then it's hypotension which is to be surveilled closely . Even more courageous of him.

Nothing to say
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #730 on: July 31, 2006, 05:11:06 AM »

Ok, then it's hypotension which is to be surveilled closely . Even more courageous of him.

Absolutely. I wouldn't have gone onstage with low blood pressure.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #731 on: July 31, 2006, 05:24:25 AM »

Absolutely. I wouldn't have gone onstage with low blood pressure.

BTW : no need for you to be" that" angry, i had misread and don't tell me it doesn't happen to you, right ? peace

Nothing to say
Elrothiel
« Reply #732 on: July 31, 2006, 05:35:24 AM »

for all the worrying about negative press in the UK, i've not seen anything on the major tabloids websites about this.

its still early Kerrang will have a fucking field day though i can feel it

kerrang's opinion isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Kerrang? Isn't that the new brand of toilet paper?

I think I'll stick to Andrex thankyou very much! Grin
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #733 on: July 31, 2006, 05:53:17 AM »

WOW this is getting stupid Axl gets sick and  then we have a few 'fans' who starts having a go becuase He is ill, seriously get a life. I fell like shit at the moment to. And I havnt gone into work, But I dont think there is many people having a go at me for it
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #734 on: July 31, 2006, 05:55:13 AM »

Axl should have come out and apologized instead of sending Merck and Baz out to do his dirty work. I think it would have been a wise decision for Axl to speak on his own behalf instead of sending out the yes men.?

I agree. Anyone can have health problems, so does Axl, but he should have come out to say something to the crowd. Anyway, I hope he'll be better, finish CD, release it and have a successful US tour!  peace

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #735 on: July 31, 2006, 05:57:28 AM »

Im normally pretty quick to whine about Axl - but I really dont see what the big deal is. So he couldnt do 2 songs - you still got 95% of a concert.

Would you rather him write in pain and pass out on stage for your benefit? You know, despite the expected consistent on-stage delays, GNR have given an amazingly solid tour; much more so than many other bands who tour. I swear most of the people here whinging about this tour being doomed or the fans not getting enough must be following a band on tour for the first time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:08:15 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
Elrothiel
« Reply #736 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

Axl should have come out and apologized instead of sending Merck and Baz out to do his dirty work. I think it would have been a wise decision for Axl to speak on his own behalf instead of sending out the yes men. 

I agree. Anyone can have health problems, so does Axl, but he should have come out to say something to the crowd. Anyway, I hope he'll be better, finish CD, release it and have a successful US tour! peace

How do you know that he wouldn't have if he hadn't blown out his vocal cords? I'm pretty certain he woulda gone on and apologized if he'd been able! ok

But ya I hope he'll get better soon, have a great US tour, and a successful multi-million-selling album (that'll be released very soon!) peace
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #737 on: July 31, 2006, 06:03:20 AM »

Exactly, to be honest the guy was probably completly exhausted after the show on the night of the 29th and then to go onto a club, continue drinking all while playing another 1 hour 15 min set in the baking heat is enough to exhaust anyone, especially Axl Rose with his voice. The 29th show was amazing, simply one of the best gigs i have ever been to, its a shame about what happened yesterday but i think everyone should put it into context, after everything that has happened on this tour, all the bad stuff that old Axl would have just walked off and gone home. Whatever it was yesterday it must have been serious, becuase he ultimatly didnt come back on and there are sure as hell enough people backstage who are prepared to tell him that he has to carry on and cant pussy foot around. Its just a shame this had to happen on the last date!

I just hope the major reviews are of the Saturday show and not Sundays!

Jonx
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #738 on: July 31, 2006, 06:03:57 AM »

I just read that Axl cound'nt finish the show. How ill was he? he managed most of the show and could sing the finnal song. That makes little sense. I sorta happy i didn't bother going. I'll see'em another time  hihi
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #739 on: July 31, 2006, 06:06:08 AM »

id be more worried about NME's misinformative reporting regarding last night's performance

they were the magazine that reported that GNR got booed and bottled off stage in Newcastle, so who knows what they'll say happened last night, maybe "Axl shoots fan in the face before riding off out of Wembley Arena on a huskey driven sled"

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: