Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 06:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 108808 times)
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #680 on: July 30, 2006, 11:48:42 PM »

ok people you are better off ignoring this guy.. he's smelling more and more like a troll at each post he makes.. Roll Eyes

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #681 on: July 30, 2006, 11:56:50 PM »

That's all sarcasm right?

Yes, I figured the crying icons would give it away.
Annie
« Reply #682 on: July 31, 2006, 12:24:28 AM »

You know that all the leads of Broadway shows have standbys and understudies for the lead characters. In her final performace of WICKED on Broadway Idina Menzel fell and broke her arm, and they had to stop the show and bring out the standby. And the people there wouldn't cut her dress off because it cost alot of money, about $20,000. You should all cut Axl some slack! Bad things can happen to a performer! How many times have people lost the gold medal they trained their whole lives for at the Olympics with an unexpected injury or illness!Axl puts in so much effort with his powerhouse vocals! And Sebastian Bach is an awesome frontman! I would love to here him sing PC. What a great guy to jump in and fill in for Axl with no rehearsal!Axl is like a professional football player who wants to win the SUPERBOWL so badly that he pushes himself so hard that he gets injured on the field!  You want to talk about an artist who doesn't care about her fans it's Madonna. I paid $200 to dance and she had it so hot inside the United Center that i felt faint! I could barely stand up let alone dance. And instead of admitting that she won't let the AC on because it's better for her voice she says to the audience " well we don't want to increase global warming do we?' WTF! Anyway get well soon Axl! I plan on being in the front row when you come back to Chicago! peace
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2006, 01:01:45 AM »

Axl put on a great show for everyone this tour, the fact that he got sick at the end here takes nothing away from the overall succes of this tour.

Rock on Axl....... peace
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #684 on: July 31, 2006, 01:09:56 AM »

OK so some expected more from this show (in the least) and more from this tour as a whole.

But damn, some of you are making it sound like a pipe dream that an announcement would have came, don't expect anything, be happy with what you get. Don't expect new songs, etc.

Some of you accuse others of having any sort of hope for something special and tell them to blame themselves. On the other hand you seem like you've already convinced yourselves that nothing special is on the way, and this is sad.

Face it, it was a good opportunity to do something. Normal environments for a little something be it an unheard song, an acknowledgement of an imminent album, whatever.

You then say big things are coming in between now and the potential start of a Northh American (sorry, US tour) so stop whining.... but what are you gonna say when nothing happens then? ......... and the tour, which has not been confirmed, starts?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #685 on: July 31, 2006, 01:10:28 AM »

the people bitching should just go somwhere and die. they dont understand.
anyway. anyway. i wanna hear baz play paradice city, any boots out yet?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #686 on: July 31, 2006, 01:11:47 AM »

Yes http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=33783.0
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #687 on: July 31, 2006, 01:15:24 AM »

OK so some expected more from this show (in the least) and more from this tour as a whole.

But damn, some of you are making it sound like a pipe dream that an announcement would have came, don't expect anything, be happy with what you get. Don't expect new songs, etc.

Exactly ! This band has been recording stuff for almost 10 years, but don't expect them to play anything new.
They are covering AFD, be happy witt that !

Those who expected something new are so naive ! hihi

Do we really need to go over the fact that they aren't gonna let the new studio material be judged VIA a live performance? Or is your sarcastic self not willing to figure that out?

They play the songs that leaked because they are already out there. In 2001, they did play new unheard material, so don't act like they never have.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #688 on: July 31, 2006, 01:29:30 AM »

I love the comment about Cypress Hill. What a dumb ass remark. I don't know about you guys, but when I buy a ticket to a GnR show I expect to hear Axl Rose singing Paradise City at the end of the show. Having Sebastion Bach come out and sing the song is fucking gay in my opinion, and I would have just walked out of the venue if I was there.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #689 on: July 31, 2006, 01:31:56 AM »

It was Baz or nothing, and I'm sure some people did leave. But I think it was a good gesture to at least play the song. He almost finished  the whole set, it isn't like he left 3 songs in.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #690 on: July 31, 2006, 01:32:53 AM »

gnr 2006,
The current setlist is based on AFD, not on the new songs some of which are not even played regularly...

It's very disappointing when a band that still has to prove itself is mainly covering 20 years old songs... no

I'll download it !
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #691 on: July 31, 2006, 01:36:28 AM »

When you have the lead singer of Savage Animal, whoops, I mean Damnocracy, sing your marquee song at the end of the show, it's fucking disgraceful.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:38:59 AM by Mattattack » Logged
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #692 on: July 31, 2006, 01:38:14 AM »

As much as I like the new line-up, I agree to an extent. He needs to prove to people that he isn't just resting on his past glory, and show what he has been working on all this time. If he wants to be a nostalgia act, whatever, lots of bands do it, and I wouldn't blame him as it's an easy way to cash in. But he keeps mentioning an album, and you can't have it both ways. He only has so much "credit" from his past performances, and if he does too many tours based on AFD, his crowds will start to dwindle live.

And I will say it again, it was Baz or nothing. And you weren't there. They tried to make the best of an  awful situation, it wasn't like Axl was tired and wanted a break. Give it a rest.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Steel_Angel
« Reply #693 on: July 31, 2006, 01:45:41 AM »

Yes http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=33783.0
thanks
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #694 on: July 31, 2006, 01:52:52 AM »

And I will say it again, it was Baz or nothing. And you weren't there. They tried to make the best of an? awful situation, it wasn't like Axl was tired and wanted a break. Give it a rest.

Absolutely. It was great for Baz to come on here. It could have ended right there and didn't.

The fans got something and the band hopefully played well for this. Not even a very awful situation though, unless this puts Axl on the shelf for a while and the supposed US tour doesn't happen as a result.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRRRR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #695 on: July 31, 2006, 02:00:06 AM »

I think in terms of performance, Axl rocks harder than any frontman out there. So if he needs extra prep time for a show, becomes sick or needs a rest due to exhaustian then it's quite understandable. Plus, he's no spring chicken. Any band out there touring is in a way sacrificing their own health and probably mental stability, to entertain fans..non-stop transit, time changes, performing..etc.
So people, don't be so harsh!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:06:25 AM by GNRRRR » Logged
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #696 on: July 31, 2006, 02:06:57 AM »

People really should stop bitching about this. Axl did his best. He left in the MIDDLE of a song for Gods sake. It's not like he didnt feel he was up to the next song, so he just decided to not even try. He got through most of Nightrain, and then Baz took over for the end of it after Axl left stage. Baz only ended up doing 1 and a half songs. This isn't something Axl did purposely
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #697 on: July 31, 2006, 02:07:06 AM »

people are overreacting here. if you expected something special it's your problem.

no cd date was announced - nobody said it would, those were just rumours

no new single was announced - see above

no new songs were played - we already have 8-10 possible tracks from cd out there. don't you think there should be some tracks on cd that you've never heard? and the average fan that buys tickets doesn't even know the new songs.

no brian may - the only time when brian may was supposed to play with gnr was at the hammersmith and he missed the soundcheck, other than that nobody said he would perform again during the uk show

so if you don't like this band and all you do is come here and bash the guys you shoud find yourself another hobby, why lose time following a band that you don't even support? don't you have something better to do?
so axl couldn't play the last song from the tour, so what? it's not the end of the world. it's music. your life is not revolving around guns n' roses and your future doesn't depend on that, the world is not gonna stop turning because axl did not sing one song. sure, the expectations were pretty big because that was the last show, but they never said that an announcement was going to happen.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #698 on: July 31, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »

Wow, I wish I could have seen kereoke night starring Sebastian Bach. ?Unable or unwilling, either way it's not good. ?This is fast becoming the biggest on-running joke in the history of music. ?C'mon, Tupac has been dead for 10 years and he still has more new music coming out than GnR. ?If these new songs are supposed to be so damn good then where are they?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #699 on: July 31, 2006, 02:21:33 AM »

I have gotten to the point where I expect nothing from this band as far as new material goes.  Although, I do expect Axl to retreat back to his secure little world in Malibu with a big pile of coke and all of his new age buddies and never heard from again.  Paranoia and insecurity have robbed the world from a great artist.  Axl is a joke and so is CD. 

I am keeping my expectations low then that way I can just be pleasantly suprised.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: