Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 06:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 30th show @ wembley, update page, update here!!!  (Read 108781 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2006, 10:57:49 PM »

All I am going to say is this..............

No one on here has ever had gone to the extreme and over exerted themselves to where they feel like total dog shit?

No one has ever partied in excess?

No one has ever had flu like symptoms?

No one has ever had stress or anxiety?

No one has ever just felt like total crap and wanted to crawl under the covers and sleep so they can rejuvinate?

Oh, wait. I am sure you all have because EVERYONE ON HERE IS HUMAN.

Well guess what?

So is Axl.

I don't care if he's Axl Rose, Pope John Paul reincarnated, or Spiderman incognito.

He's HUMAN just like you and he's gonna become ill on occasion just like you and the ONLY thing that is important is that he's OKAY...physically and mentally.

I'd rather have a healthy and alive Axl. ?That is what matters here and not CD release, a USA tour, or any announcements. ? ?
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2006, 10:59:06 PM »

I prefer to see

FRANK - TOMMY - CHRIS - DIZZY - RICHARD - ROBIN - RON - IZZY and SEBASTIN
doing pardise city

than see CYPRESS HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doing that song!

Couldnt agree more
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2006, 11:02:55 PM »

every post from you, illusion is so damn negative. why are you here? i dont understand at all.
because i want the single out. i want the cd released. i want axl to finally deliver after years after failing to deliver. i want the truth. i want axl to admit the truth on why he has failed all these years for the guns n roses fans wants and needs. what they deserve and expect. i want axl to get on the ball and announce the official release date of the cd because if he doesnt in august 2006 then theres no chance in hell the cd will come this year. no chance in hell.

And because YOU expected CITR and YOU expected a release date etc...

"Every fan" my arse...   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
RichardNixon
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2006, 11:07:18 PM »

Good God...They played an entire show, Axl missed 1.5 songs...shut the fuck up.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2006, 11:12:10 PM »

And for you whiny "fans" complaining about Baz finishing the set, would you rather have just had the show end with  no PC? Baz helped out his friend and  all the fans, because obviously he/the band/axl felt that a  gunsshow needs to end with Paradise City. It was a favor and a nice gesture in light of a bad situation. Was it ideal? No. But it was a good show of faith to at least try to send the fans home happy, though it looks like that didn't happen. It's not like he quit after jungle after all.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #665 on: July 30, 2006, 11:15:12 PM »

fuck you.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #666 on: July 30, 2006, 11:16:12 PM »

But he was supposed to have a big suprise! ? crying

He was supposed to announce the album release date! ? crying

He was supposed to play CITR with Brian May! ? ?crying
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2006, 11:16:55 PM »

I think they should have just ended the show after nightrain. Sending Baz out to play Paradise City with six other guys who aren't on Appetite fo Destruction is a bit of a joke. The press is going to have a field day with this.

I'm guessing you didn't go to the show.  I'm trying to picture being at a show, having it end early and thinking to myself 'Golly Gee, I'm so glad they ended this early.  It would have been horrible to send Baz out. I would have been so pissed, I probably would have started a riot!"  Dude, if you WERE at the show and did not want to see/hear it, then you had every right and chance to go home. But robbing people of that song, weather it was sung by Axl or not, because a few papers are gonna comment on it???  WOW!!!!!!!!  Someone must not liked being teased by the "mainstream, cool, trendy" people and takes it to heart.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #668 on: July 30, 2006, 11:18:45 PM »

the old axl would have cancelled the show...completely...this shows commitment...not chaos
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #669 on: July 30, 2006, 11:22:43 PM »

I say this again....
better sebastian on vocals than CYYYYPRESSSSSSSSSS HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
so shut the fuck up!

then...
AAXL NEVER SAID THAT HE WILL SAY THE RELEASE DATE OR CATCHER OR MAY OR E.T. AND KETCHUP BOYS or whatever
so stop requesting things that are false

people... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #670 on: July 30, 2006, 11:27:27 PM »

the old axl would have cancelled the show...completely...this shows commitment...not chaos

Good point.  And if not commitment, then at least an increased sense of...what?  Professionalism?  Maturity?  Either way, I'm glad to see it.  Without a new album out, no one in the band can afford another big tour-related misstep.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #671 on: July 30, 2006, 11:27:50 PM »

I say this again....
so shut the fuck up!

then...
AAXL NEVER SAID THAT HE WILL SAY THE RELEASE DATE OR CATCHER OR MAY OR E.T. AND KETCHUP BOYS or whatever

? ? ? ? people... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Are you trying to say Red?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #672 on: July 30, 2006, 11:32:44 PM »

I say this again....
so shut the fuck up!

then...

people... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Are you trying to say Red?

my kyboard fucked up... I was trying to say READ
guess I need to WRITE! jahah

really... REALAX, everything will be allright.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #673 on: July 30, 2006, 11:34:30 PM »

But he was supposed to have a big suprise! ? crying

He was supposed to announce the album release date! ? crying

He was supposed to play CITR with Brian May! ? ?crying

That's all sarcasm right?

What leaks??
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #674 on: July 30, 2006, 11:36:44 PM »

Amidst all the back and forth name calling in this thread, I coudn't find any actual facts about the show. Did someone come out and explain Axl's abrupt departure from the show? People mentioned Merck and Baz...?
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #675 on: July 30, 2006, 11:38:58 PM »

Some of the so-called "haters" are not haters, at all.? I'm a big fan of Axl (musically) and am rooting for the new music and the tour -- and, generally, the European tour went well.

But why are you automatically labelled a "hater" when you call it like it is:

1.? Axl is routinely very late to start.? Not just "a little late" -- instead, he often makes fans wait 90 minutes or more between acts.? And it makes no difference if that means that the working class fans either have to leave the gig early or miss public transporation to get back home.? "Oh, but that's just Axl!"? Bullshit: I can't think of any other major band that does that over and over to fans and gets away with it.? Why is this complete self-centerdness "okay"?

2.? Although he does better this tour, he still storms off stage with some regularity.? ?Of course, NO OTHER rock star is ever hit with objects while performing, but ignores it because the 9,999 other fans paid good money and had nothing to do with the object that was thrown.

3.? I've been to gigs where singers have "blown out their throat."? You know what a respectful, grown-up singer does in the worst case scenario:? they come out, apologize to the audience, and state that they can't finish the show or (like Bono and Springsteen have routinely done) they ask the audience to sing the songs.? They don't just disappear and send out friends and cronies with (likely bullshit) stories.? (And if you don't think that the second gig at 6am this morning had ANYTHING to do with the end of this gig, I got a great bridge to sell you.)

I'm sure this makes me a "hater."? But I feel like I have lot more self-respect than all the fools posting the sycophantic " AWWW, GET WELL SOON, AXL" b.s.

I have to agree with this post 100 percent.

Axl's reputation is at fault here and its easy for people on here to call other's names, but I know if I had spent tons of cash to go see this, id be on here pissed off as well.

Axl is the reason Ill never buy a ticket and watch GNR. No matter how much I love this band, Its just too unsafe of an investment and I dont have that kind of money to risk.

Watching your favorite band in concert shouldnt be like a crap shoot.

I think it would be better if Axl started and ended shows early.? But, he doesn't.? That doesn't make it "right", but if you know this about him, you can choose to not buy a ticket to see the band.? You have a choice.

That "storming off stage" thing is slanted at best.? He goes back stage to get oxygen often.? You don't know his state of mind, so you don't know if he's going off stage out of anger, and "storming off".

I am a singer, and I've blown out my vocal cords before and what you do to heal is to not use your vocal cords, not even speak.? That will help your recovery be as speedy as possible.? That's what I've been told.? Believe me, even speaking can be painful with damaged vocal cords.

There is NOTHING sychophantic about wishing an ill person well.? That's a pretty cynical perspective to me.

He just missed less than two songs of an entire tour.? Calm the fuck down everyone.

Ali

calm down how can we calm down?

the bottom line is this:

1. axl did not announce the official release date on the july 30 show when everyone thought he would with high expectations for him to do so

2. axl did not play/announce the first single off the cd on the july 30 show when everyone thought he would with high expectations for him to do so

3. axl did not play more new songs we have not heard yet on the july 30 show when everyone thought he would with high expectations for him to do so

4. brian may did not show up to play Catcher in the Rye and Catcher in the Rye was not performed like everyone thought it would be

5. axl gives the gnr fans no hope of a single and no hope of the cd coming out this year 2006 when he told that radio station it would come out 2006

this is the bottom line

this is the truth and why we cant calm down? rant

Pathetic.

All that was speculation and rumor made up by some people on this board. Except the last one which is not true, you don't know shit what's gunna happen. Just because Axl hasn't given a precise date means NOTHING. If CD comes out in the fall you're gunna look pretty damn fucking STUPID!

Quit. Fucking. Bitching.
but if the cd doesnt come out in the fall then you will look just as stupid if not more
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #676 on: July 30, 2006, 11:40:25 PM »

I'm fascinated at some people comments.. Roll Eyes

did some of you really believe Brian May was gonna be there? or they would play a new song? or give the release date for CD??? let me tell you something... YOU'RE SOOO NAIVE!!! so if your disappointed then you only have yourself to blame, cuz you fell for stupid rumors ignorant fuckers post on the boards on a daily basis...

it's not Axl's fault if you believe everything you read.. he owes you nothing since he didn't promise anything in the first place!

(and I'm talking about last night, not about CD, that will come out this year I have faith)

anyway, stop bitching about last night, he tried his best to do it all, and he only missed 1.5 songs.. and it was a big effort on his part to play this gig when he was advised against by the doctors, he put himself in risk to give you everything he had.

I can see how the acoustic gig would have been a bad move on his part, but even that was a gesture to his fans with good intentions. He should have put last night's gig in first place since people had paid their tickets already, but I'm positive he thought he could handle it all, he will take this as advice for the next time.

I wish Axl a speed recovery and hopefully this wasn't nothing serious.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 11:42:36 PM by dodger girl » Logged

theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #677 on: July 30, 2006, 11:41:31 PM »

every post from you, illusion is so damn negative. why are you here? i dont understand at all.
because i want the single out. i want the cd released. i want axl to finally deliver after years after failing to deliver. i want the truth. i want axl to admit the truth on why he has failed all these years for the guns n roses fans wants and needs. what they deserve and expect. i want axl to get on the ball and announce the official release date of the cd because if he doesnt in august 2006 then theres no chance in hell the cd will come this year. no chance in hell.

"Every fan" my arse...? ?

every guns n roses fan who is a real guns n roses fan expects this
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #678 on: July 30, 2006, 11:43:16 PM »

I dont know why  you expect crap from them. We have been given no reason to expect it's release all these years. We are here because we are fans of the band, and  look forward to what comes next. If  it comes, great, I can't wait to hear it. But I don't expect a full out press release tommorow telling me it's on it's way. I will see them if they come to my town, I went to NYC for  the final show there, and had a  great time. We haven't heard much  in a long time, enjoy what we have been given.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #679 on: July 30, 2006, 11:45:28 PM »

"Every fan" my arse...? ?

every guns n roses fan who is a real guns n roses fan expects this

Could you be any more naive?

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: