Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No VMAs for GN'R (as of yet)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: No VMAs for GN'R (as of yet)  (Read 5454 times)
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 08:15:14 PM »

In the end it boils down publicity for the album and tour vs. sharing the band we love with emo kids.

For what it's worth, GnR will have no trouble selling out their tour if they drop the album on us.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 08:18:36 PM »

the single wont be out till at least october.
that leaves all the sept. shows unpromoted

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 11:13:15 PM »

I'd love to see GNR as much as the next person, however, I kind of get a laugh out of people saying they should play better and twat....I have to say, I have never seen the VMAs give anyone enough time to play two songs of that length...and for that matter, I'd rather not hear a medly of any kind.  Just one solid tune would be great IMO
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 11:40:41 PM »

If the album's good, it'll sell

Playing the VMA?s won't change a damn thing
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 11:59:07 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if they did or didn't, it has become such a crap shoot. Though because it's Axl, I'm sure if the release is really close, he  will be everywhere.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 12:30:08 AM »

If GnR does play the VMA's it won't be announced, they'll just be there to close the show
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 12:43:50 AM »

If GnR does play the VMA's it won't be announced, they'll just be there to close the show
If they do play, I dont see MTV letting them close the show since they let them do it a few years ago.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
benchiefjr
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 12:47:31 AM »

because they're better than any other shit they'll plop up there?
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 01:38:32 AM »

GNR needs to stay as far away from the VMAs as possible.? I still cringe when I see clips of their last performance at the VMAs.? Even though the band sounds better now I wouldn't want to see a meltdown like that again.?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 01:52:33 AM by fif » Logged
benchiefjr
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 01:40:59 AM »

GNR needs to stay as far away from the VMAs as possible.  I still cringe when I see clips of their last performance at the VMAs.  Even though the end sounds better now I wouldn't want to see a meltdown like that again. 
considering they've played almost flawlessly the whole tour i dont see it being a meltdown no
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 02:06:20 AM »

GNR needs to stay as far away from the VMAs as possible.? I still cringe when I see clips of their last performance at the VMAs.? Even though the end sounds better now I wouldn't want to see a meltdown like that again.?
considering they've played almost flawlessly the whole tour i dont see it being a meltdown no

I don't ever want to see that last VMA performance again, I can never understand why people request it in the download section, I almost cried watching it.  But I don't see the same happening if they were to do it again even though I am strongly against it. 
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 02:20:47 AM »

If the band opened the show with a "Better"-esque first single, and played that song to hell and back, the world would be abuzz, moreso than in '02. It would be a nice open for the promotion of the US tour. Also, if they were to play, I certainly don't think it would be announced until about a week before the show. Can you imagine the buzz if a week before they announced that Guns N' Roses would open the show with the first single off 'Chinese Democracy'? Amazing...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 11:08:45 AM »

fuck vma!!!

guns don't need vma!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2006, 12:07:41 PM »

Erm....I think it was on Splat a few weeks ago that said there would be a release date announced before the end of August...

Release date before the end of August?
+
VMA's on 31st August?

Just a happy coincidence but you never know!
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2006, 01:09:14 PM »

GNR needs to stay as far away from the VMAs as possible.? I still cringe when I see clips of their last performance at the VMAs.? Even though the band sounds better now I wouldn't want to see a meltdown like that again.?
Are you fuckin' kidding me dude. Demonstrating the mainstream world the beast that GN'R has become since 2002 would damn and impale the 2002 VMA performance forever. Some people still have that image on their minds as an invalid representation of what GN'R is today.

I'm sick of that.

A VMA GN'R performance this year would kick these critics in the balls.....hard.
Megaguns
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2006, 10:50:36 PM »

I reckon they will be there. Performing the new single.   yes     drool
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2006, 11:05:16 PM »

Are you fuckin' kidding me dude. Demonstrating the mainstream world the beast that GN'R has become since 2002 would damn and impale the 2002 VMA performance forever. Some people still have that image on their minds as an invalid representation of what GN'R is today.

I'm sick of that.

A VMA GN'R performance this year would kick these critics in the balls.....hard.

I think the safer route would be for GNR to tape a new song for broadcast like they did for the VMA's in 1991 with "Live and Let Die".

That way there's no chance that the performance will encounter unexpected technical problems.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 12:07:26 AM »

they dont have to play the VMA's though...the ratings for the VMA's (around 6-7 million) arent nearly what palying the season premiere of snl would be (15 million+ viewers)....
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2006, 12:08:31 AM »

axl should really do the o'reilly factor though....J/K
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »

Got this from chinesedemocracy.com:

Thursday, 03 August 2006

Many rumors circulating around the Internet is that Guns N? Roses might play at this year?s ?2006 MTV Video Music Awards? but So Hood Magazine has been informed that Guns N? Roses are not performing in the MTV Video Music Awards. An MTV spokeswoman has shot down this rumor, ?GNR are not performing? said the MTV spokeswoman.

The "2006 MTV Video Music Awards" will broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York, NY on Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 8:00PM (LIVE ET/Tape Delayed PT). ?Mario Diaz

Source: So Hood Magazine
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: