Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No VMAs for GN'R (as of yet)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: No VMAs for GN'R (as of yet)  (Read 5460 times)
parisrocks
« on: August 01, 2006, 10:18:20 AM »

Most of the particulars, including all of the nominees and the performances, have been announced.

No Guns N' Roses.
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 10:21:53 AM »

where they kinda annouced in 2002?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 10:23:36 AM »

Given that they were the "surpise act" of the '02 awards (or was it '01), I doubt very much they'll make an appearance without an album or single out.  It would be nice, though...
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 10:28:31 AM »

they would be nominated for the best live act!!!
I think "my michelle" from donington is the nest live act in last ten years

I have never seen so many tree
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »

does it matter if they dont perform at the VMA'S? what does the VMA'S matter any how, since when has GNR cared about music awards?

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 12:27:28 PM »

does it matter if they dont perform at the VMA'S? what does the VMA'S matter any how, since when has GNR cared about music awards?

Well, GNR have been a centrepiece of 3 VMAs.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:55:16 PM »

They usually announce live acts piece by piece up until close to the show to build hype
EFISH
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »

GNR performing at the VMA's this year will have GNR flashing in litterally millions of poeple heads. Think about it dude... 10 million people sitting around watching the VMA's and hearing Better, and TWAT. (just an example). It's perfect publicity for the US tour and for the album. I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 01:58:09 PM »

GNR performing at the VMA's this year will have GNR flashing in litterally millions of poeple heads. Think about it dude... 10 million people sitting around watching the VMA's and hearing Better, and TWAT. (just an example). It's perfect publicity for the US tour and for the album. I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

Because they weren't invited, I'd guess.  Even so, the '02 tour fell apart not long after their last VMA appearance.  For what it's worth, I'd love to see "Better" played for a television audience, on MTV or not...
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 04:22:23 PM »

I think MTV is too focused on emo stuff this year.  I'm guessing we'll have an emo band closing the show.  Just my guess.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 04:54:27 PM »

Bullet For My Valentine.  nervous
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 04:56:59 PM »

Actually, It'll probably be someone making you wish it was bullet for my valentine.       
chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »

i don't think this is something they would advertise.  leave it for a special grand finale like before.  imo
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 05:12:03 PM »

I hope they don't do the VMA's.  MTV doesn't even play rock music here in the US, in fact I am unsure they play any music at all anymore since I can't stand to have it on for more than 2 minutes. 

I don't want to be at a Guns show with thousands of emo-heads just because they saw them on the VMA's.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »

GNR at the VMAs would be a home run for us, MTV, GNR and casual music fans. Why would anyone not want them to do it?  Huh The VMAs are the coolest awards show around. Perfect publicity.

TrueRock&Roll
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 05:36:38 PM »

I hope they don't do the VMA's.  MTV doesn't even play rock music here in the US, in fact I am unsure they play any music at all anymore since I can't stand to have it on for more than 2 minutes. 

I don't want to be at a Guns show with thousands of emo-heads just because they saw them on the VMA's.
  The only time they actually play music, is between 3 a.m. and 9 a.m.  Just a really sad sad thing if you ask me.  Also, MTV2 doesn't show much music either.  What the fuck is that?   Let's define Music Televsion.  It's Music, on television, now if we can get them to put the 2 together. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 05:37:37 PM »

Bullet For My Valentine.  nervous

When they opened for GnR, I was wishing for a Bullet For My Skull.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 05:39:51 PM »

I really hope they don't play it

Do you see any good bands playing this shit nowadays?

I don't want GN'R to share the stage with these emo shitbands, I'm sorry
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 05:40:14 PM »

Maybe someone should have thrown a coin at them!  hihi

ANYTHING to get them to leave.

I hope they don't open in the U.S.. nervous
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 06:20:02 PM »

I hope they don't do the VMA's.? MTV doesn't even play rock music here in the US, in fact I am unsure they play any music at all anymore since I can't stand to have it on for more than 2 minutes.?

? The only time they actually play music, is between 3 a.m. and 9 a.m.? Just a really sad sad thing if you ask me.? Also, MTV2 doesn't show much music either.? What the fuck is that?? ?Let's define Music Televsion.? It's Music, on television, now if we can get them to put the 2 together.?

Get them to put it together and then actually play worthwhile music now that would be a feat.  I have to resort to remembering the days when they actually showed videos for the greater part of the day and night and had good shows like Headbangers Ball. I saw something on the VMA's the other day on one of those stupid Entertainment Tonight shows with Justin Timberlake doing announcements for the nominees.  All the usual offenders, Madonna and some other nonsense half of which I have never heard of because I have to resort to watching VH1 Classic now.

So while it would be good exposure for GNR, is it the exposure we really want for them?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: