Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lets correct the press as they obviously still print LIES
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lets correct the press as they obviously still print LIES  (Read 3848 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 31, 2006, 10:31:01 PM »

You know the old saying, if you can't say something nice about someone then don't say anything at all?

Well, there should be some type of creedo journalists must follow and it should be something like this:? "don't print stories UNLESS you have facts and can be unbiased".

I know that the press have always given GNR hard times, especially Axl in particular.

Well, we all know that Blabbermouth gets its info from here so I propose we take every news article that is INCORRECTLY written and add TRUTH to it and maybe, just MAYBE the press will see reality.

I will start with this one.?

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/060731/340/gib25.html&e=l_news_dm

Axl Rose "taken ill"
(Monday July 31, 2006 05:44 PM)

Guns N' Roses have again angered fans on their current UK tour, after Axl Rose was apparently taken ill during their show at Wembley Arena.

The current incarnation of the rock legends were met with an angry reaction on-stage in London last night, after waiting until 10.30pm, following a volley of boos and slow-hand claps.

However, Rose prompted more confusion by quitting the stage at the close of the gig, midway through the last song of the main set, "Night Train".

His vocal was completed by guest star Sebastian Bach, ex- of Skid Row, who also led the band through an encore of "Paradise City", for which Rose did not appear, according to a Yahoo! Music writer.

At the end of the show Gunners manager Merck Mercuriadis appeared onstage to read a short statement, which claimed that Rose was suffering from either "high-blood pressure" or "hypertension".

Rose is known to have played a 'secret', acoustic gig at Koko in Camden, North London at 4am on Sunday, following a full show at Wembley on Saturday night, prompting suggestions that he may have been in no state to play last night.

Earlier in the tour, Axl was arrested for an alleged drunken assault on a security guard in Sweden. He was also forced to abort a show in Newcastle when fans, irate at the late running of the show, pelted the band with glasses.

The Newcastle delays were rumoured to be as result of Rose refusing to go on until he was provided with a roast lamb dinner, although this remains unconfirmed

Okay, here goes Dolphin ranting.....

Mr. Wannabe journalist who wrote this article, will you PLEASE do your god damn fucking research and print TRUTH instead of bold faced LIES.

Who was angered last night when Axl got ill?? Maybe you because you want to see Axl fail?? Well, as a journalist you are supposed to be open minded and not let feelings cloud your judgement.

IF you would do your research instead of trying to make a quick name for yourself or to make a deadline to your editor in chief, you will clearly see that RICHARD FORTUS who is IN GNR confirmed that the roast lamb thing was BOGUS.?

And again, I ask you who was angered that Axl got arrested?? We were CONCERNED as fans because as a fan you take the good with the bad and unlike you, we all want to see Axl make a successful comeback.? Had he been detained in Sweden, the tour would have been seriously fucked.? Funny how you all comment on how he was blackmailed/held for ransom which is true, and yet you in the same breath, post that he angered us.? I am sure you have been drunk and acted stupid before unless you are above everyone else.? Hello motherfucker.? We are all HUMAN and we ALL breathe the same air.?

The secret acousitc gig was not in Koko but at the Cuckoo in Soho.? I see you know NOTHING about geography just as you know NOTHING about journalism.

Also, Merck said Axl suffered from LOW BLOOD pressure, not HIGH blood pressure.? Again, to whomever wrote this article, thank god you never fucking majored in medicine.?

And lastly, the roast lamb dinner NEVER HAPPENED.? You want proof on this, ask Richard Fortus....you know....one of the guitar players for the band who was with AXL that day.? But that'd be too easy to do huh?? Verify it with someone who actually would be able to give you the truth.
Rant over.

I'd like to propose that we all find as many incorrect articles and CORRECT them and then some outlets who view this board will see the TRUTH and maybe just maybe start printing accurate things.

We as fans should strive NOT to let the press berate GNR any longer.? We have the power to do this.

(I really? tried to post this without using profanity but when dolphin is pushed, I swear. )

So lets get the press.? Lets expose them for once and then we'll email this whole thread to a major news outlet and once and for all, set the record straight about GNR.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 10:45:49 PM by dolphin » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:39:41 PM »

absolutally

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »

absolutally

start finding articles and post them here and correct them.

GNR will tour USA in end of September.

Let's make the press realize that they are NOT going to bash/berate GNR any longer.

It'll give us time inbetween now and September to do something PROACTIVE.

Everyone just bitches and complains so lets do something PROACTIVE and lets make the press realize they are DONE posting shit and to post the TRUTH.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 10:47:03 PM by dolphin » Logged
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »

omg, that article is so full of shit it made me laugh actually.. but not as much as that one article I've seen sometime ago where the asshole who wrote it put a FAKE pic of Axl!!!! (the one that makes him look like a rapper in yellow.. for gods sake, how can anyone believe that pic is real is beyond me, and what's worse is they used it as a real pic!!!) rofl

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 10:50:46 PM »

omg, that article is so full of shit it made me laugh actually.. but not as much as that one article I've seen sometime ago where the asshole who wrote it put a FAKE pic of Axl!!!! (the one that makes him look like a rapper in yellow.. for gods sake, how can anyone believe that pic is real is beyond me, and what's worse is they used it as a real pic!!!) rofl

I swear to god, I will email this thread after it is cleaned up to a major news source and we as fans have the power to STOP the press from printing shit/lies.

This is GNR's time to shine and the press are NOT going to ruin it this time around.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:31:50 AM »

@ dolphin   did you allready mention, that axl actually was NOT booed and bottled off stage in newcastle? two coins were thrown at the end of the show and this idiot makes it seem like axl got bottled during jungle...

in general... this guy tries to make the tour look like a desaster...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
sea of black
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 04:43:04 AM »

I think you 'campaign' is a bit pointless. The press exists to print lies. People don't want the truth, they want an exagerated version of reality. When have you last picked up a newspaper or turned on the TV to actually read/heard the truth from the so-called 'war against terrorism' to Axl Rose eating a roast dinner.

All media channel print lies, from CNN to the Daily Mirror.

Get over it, it's not work getting angry about. I think the best solution is just to laugh...I mean, who could have come up with the roast dinner story!
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 04:47:34 AM »

do you really think this action will get you somewhere? don't be so naive.
the press only looks for sensation and unfortunetaly, sensation mostly equals a bunch of lies. you shouldn't care about those articles. just ignore them, that makes it much easier.
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 10:44:20 AM »

I haven`t heard one single boo on the 30th.
14years
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 02:26:27 PM »

Hi,

I've got one for you right here.

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/article1192081.ece

This review stinks! Was there, it wasn't like this!!! If you get the time email this s.price and tell them what you think! I know i did!
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 05:22:16 PM »

That son of a bitch! rant

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »

also its not just gnr who the press print lies about, they lie about everything!
buti do think you have a nice idea, and even if it doesnt ahcieve anything it is still good to have the truth there for anyone who choses to read it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 06:12:14 PM by sesor » Logged

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
RebelFuel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 05:43:46 PM »

Get in the ring assholes!!

wish all the best to  Axl
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 05:49:05 PM »

Well, there should be some type of creedo journalists must follow and it should be something like this:  "don't print stories UNLESS you have facts and can be unbiased".

There will no press and/or media at all before this ever exist.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 07:19:30 PM »

from an msn conversation with a gnr hater:

Oh say can you seeeeee, everyone is dumb but meeeee, im never ever wrooooong and thats all youll ever beeeee  says:
hey u went 2 see guns n roses didnt ya
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
yeps
 Oh say can you seeeeee, everyone is dumb but meeeee, im never ever wrooooong and thats all youll ever beeeee  says:
did axle nearly cancel the show
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
nopes
oh i heard he nearly cancelled every one of his shows
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
its just over exagerated
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
he was really ill for the last show
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
and was told he needed to be put in hospitol and coudlnt do the show
hahaha
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
but he did it anyway
meeheeh
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
thats why
.۞.JadeD.۞. says:
its being said
oh
ok

shows what people think from the media, but i set him straight ^.^

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »

absolutally

start finding articles and post them here and correct them.

GNR will tour USA in end of September.

Let's make the press realize that they are NOT going to bash/berate GNR any longer.

It'll give us time inbetween now and September to do something PROACTIVE.

Everyone just bitches and complains so lets do something PROACTIVE and lets make the press realize they are DONE posting shit and to post the TRUTH.

im sorry but ive got better stuff to do with my time, its gnr/managements responsibility to corrct any lies in the media
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 08:03:22 PM »

I'm sure the band have their own press people - its their job to do that kind of thing.

And why does everyone assume that the media hates Axl Rose?? What about all the help and coverage they got in the early days, the positive reviews of the shows on this tour etc.?

Why do some (not all) of you only take notice of a review when it critisises Axl and then always slate the writer for having made up their minds beforehand?

Of course the media in general, and the press to be more specific, have at times been unfair to Axl, but this paranoia about some media vendetta against the singer in a rock band makes you sound like a bunch of Celtic fans.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 12:55:05 AM »

more BS in this article here:

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/34853226

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 02:41:28 AM »

I wonder if that journalist is skinny.   Roll Eyes

JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 07:16:26 AM »

Check out this dutch one:
http://www.nieuwnieuws.nl/archives/2006/08/axl_rose_weer_eens_ziek.html

Here's a rough translation:

Singer of pussypopgroup Guns ' Roses, Axl Rose, has again prematurely abandonned a concert. The singer quit short before the end of the concert in London, because he felt "ill". This was reported by the BBC last tuesday.

Rose felt "not well" sundaymorning, after 2 concerts on saturday evening and night. A doctor diagnosed the American with a low bloodpressure and bloodsugar and advised him not to perform the clsoing concert.

The singer decided to perform anyway, but had to say goodbye to the London fans sooner than expected. Sebastian Bach, former Skid Row singer, took Rose's place. He sang, among others, the closing tune Paradise City.

Guns N' Roses starts an American tour in september. Hopefully some concerts will take place, as Axl is quickly ill, weak and nauseous. It can also be that Axl is afraid to enter the stage as he is afraid of fire. Unless he is locked up for demolitions and brawls, then it is preponderance. In that case it's the police's fault, as you would understand.

Talking about BS...

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: