Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Single In August???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Single In August???  (Read 13460 times)
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2006, 03:31:42 PM »

With the U.S. tour scheduled to kick off sometime in September, one can only assume the possibility of an August single release?? thoughts?

No chance

Yeah, why would Gn'R wanna go ahead and do something wacky like have a single/album announcement before the tour kick off Roll Eyes

The question mentioned release, your response mentioned announcement

It would have been a cutting and clever response had you read the question fully? Wink

Good Point Mysteron, I guess I didn't fully read the thread! And I think I speak for the majority of fans here when I say , if it were not for you we would be even more in the dark then we are beer peace

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

With the U.S. tour scheduled to kick off sometime in September, one can only assume the possibility of an August single release?? thoughts?

No chance

Yeah, why would Gn'R wanna go ahead and do something wacky like have a single/album announcement before the tour kick off Roll Eyes

The question mentioned release, your response mentioned announcement

It would have been a cutting and clever response had you read the question fully? Wink

haha.. people are tweeking and screwing around on everything to get an answer, right? hehe ?hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2006, 03:51:27 PM »

no way there will be a single out in august.. i say late september or october at earliest
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2006, 07:40:26 PM »

i beleive and hope that a single will come out in august. its the perfect time.

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »

This album isnt coming out till the end of November.

No one will release a cd of this magnitude in October, they'd just wait to capitalize on the holiday season.

So NOV we will get CD.  Finally!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
benchiefjr
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »

No one will release a cd of this magnitude in October, they'd just wait to capitalize on the holiday season.

So NOV we will get CD.  Finally!
how do you know?  peace
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2006, 08:41:35 PM »

If there was going to be a single in August they'd have been plugging it by now.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2006, 08:47:55 PM »

after thinking it over, it would make most sense that they unveil the single at the inland invasion gig. ?after all its a kroq sponsored show and would be ideal for a hyped debut. ?besides axl owes it to california after spoiling us new yorkers with the 4 warm up gigs. ?this inland gig would also kick off the us tour & i would expect CD to be released around the 1st or 2nd week in Nov ok

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2006, 08:52:30 PM »

the single or the album, will come soon....but I think we we'll Know the release of the album or the single 2 moths until will be released..it's imposible to get a single this august.No way Embarrassed
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2006, 10:22:16 PM »

So NOV we will get CD.? Finally!

great!!

but, when does the first single or anouncement come? hihi

i mean, if you wanted to "capitalize on the holiday season", should't you hype the album with a single or two some time before the release, or maybe an anouncement???

i don't know, but if any of you are thinkin' that cd will just show up in your local record store, one fine day before christmas, without you actually knowing about it on beforehand are just out of... think again.

IF the album is to be released before christmas, every fuckin' music magazine, new paper and tv channel will know about it and mention it so that everyone knows about it the day it drops.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2006, 10:25:45 PM »

Im thinkin september is the absolute latest.

Usually bands start Promotion 2 months before the album drops.

So Id say Mid September we get a single, Album drops mid to late NOV.

Red Hot Chili Peppers released Dani California about 6 weeks before Stadium Arcadium came out, so realistically GNR could even wait all the way to the first week of OCtober to release the first single.

US tours usually go hand in hand with a single though.

Jon Bon Jovi said it best:

"A hit single is the difference between playing arenas and playing stadiums."

It would be in GNR's best interest to have a single out before the US tour starts in my opinion or u are gonna have the half empty arenas u had on the 2002 tour unless of course they start out only in big markets which is w hat they shouldve done in 2002.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2006, 10:27:56 PM »

The more time that passes the less hopeful I am that the album is going to come out this year. It isnt going to just sneak into stores without any hype, itll be anticipated for months in advance.
benchiefjr
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2006, 12:09:31 AM »

The more time that passes the less hopeful I am that the album is going to come out this year. It isnt going to just sneak into stores without any hype, itll be anticipated for months in advance.
obviously  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 12:49:50 AM by benchiefjr » Logged
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2006, 12:38:28 AM »

Typically anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks the first single will come out before the album release.  Once the single is officially dispatched to the radio stations, there will be a press release to go with it.  That's when we will know for sure the EXACT date of the album's release!

cybercurves
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2006, 03:37:24 AM »

if we don't hear anything this month.... then im really losing hope for this year.

im sure something is up there sleeves for this month.

I would say the best bet would be to close the show at the VMA's with some unreal single no one has heard yet.... open w/ jungle a part then hit into the new single. when they are done.... Axl says Album will be released on so and so...  IMO thats the smartest thing todo.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2006, 09:03:34 AM »

they may use this gap before the us tour to get a single ready and record a video for it, then just drop it out sometime during the tour i think that would make the most sence, but then again axl doesn't always folow logic Smiley

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2006, 12:52:27 AM »

i'm not too worried about a single, i just want the whole cd!  i don't think they will release a single, not in the next month or anything like that.  some one said make a video.....does mtv even play videos anymore?  do they even rock anymore?  last i looked at mtv they were playing a bunch of hip-hop and teeny-bob crap.

MTV kills Rock N' Roll.
they afraid and hate Rock N' Roll.

who cares?

you don't go to MTV for music videos anymore anyway... you go to online video websites like AOL, Google, YouTube or MSN...

MTV is in the past, its a new age of on-demand music video watching anyway

that's what i thought, that mtv basucally sucks, so why bother with it?  it's kinda sad that mtv has turned into what it has....when it first came out it was cool.

and you know on the release of a single, just remember who we are dealing with.....axl rose......expect the unexpected.  don't be so sure that he's gonna follow any kind of "industry standard", he's gonna do it his way, be sure of that. 

so, do we think the single will be one of the songs we've heard so far. or one we haven't?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: