Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Single In August???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Single In August???  (Read 13497 times)
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 04:33:59 PM »

Though I'd love a single at anytime (RIGHT NOW!), I don't really expect one this month.

This month (probably around the third week), an annoucement giving the release date and announcing a tour will be fine.

In September (probably around second or third week, about a week before or week of the CA show) release a single.

Album drop in late October/November.

That's how I'd run it anyways...
LoseYourIllusion
Headliner

When I find out all of the reasons

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 04:37:58 PM »

"a single would be realy cool, but what could they put as b - sides??

knockin on heavens door cover??

there aint alot they could put on that we havnt heard already, cus you know what axl is like when he doesnt like people hearing stuff before the time "

They could just realese the same song Take IRS for example the track list could be

1. I.R.S.
2. I.R.S. (Live from where ever)
3. I.R.S. (99' Sessions)

They could do this with pretty much any song they want as I'm sure they have more than one version of most of the songs. If there isn't a live version of it (say This I Love for instance) they could pick a song that won't be on any of the 3 albums or a re-vamped Oh My God or even a song From AFD or the illusions that the new band recoreded
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 11:47:40 PM »

Why bother actually releasing a single?

Just make and release a video, and then drop the album.

because more people listen to the radio than watch mtv.? furthermore, mtv's audience mostly consist of teenagers, most of which, have no interest in guns n roses.? finally, do they even PLAY music videos on mtv anymore??

Why should Guns have to conform to what every other band does?

Doing something different actually has an appeal, and it never did Led Zeppelin any harm.
because releasing a single and playing it on the radio is what will give them exposure.  also, led zeppelin was putting out an album every year, gnr hasnt released an album in 13 years.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2006, 12:12:15 AM »

i like the IRS idea. if they actually release a single on cd they shouldnt have anything old attached to it, since its the new band. no covers of old songs or anything like that....

there aint alot they could put on that we havnt heard already, cus you know what axl is like when he doesnt like people hearing stuff before the time "

They could just realese the same song Take IRS for example the track list could be

1. I.R.S.
3. I.R.S. (99' Sessions)

They could do this with pretty much any song they want as I'm sure they have more than one version of most of the songs. If there isn't a live version of it (say This I Love for instance) they could pick a song that won't be on any of the 3 albums or a re-vamped Oh My God or even a song From AFD or the illusions that the new band recoreded

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

Yeah, great idea LYI and Chief.  I like that IRS idea, BUT....the new band has to form their own identity.  peace
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2006, 12:22:02 AM »

i'm not too worried about a single, i just want the whole cd!  i don't think they will release a single, not in the next month or anything like that.  some one said make a video.....does mtv even play videos anymore?  do they even rock anymore?  last i looked at mtv they were playing a bunch of hip-hop and teeny-bob crap.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 12:59:56 AM »

Why bother actually releasing a single?

Just make and release a video, and then drop the album.

cuz a lot of people drive to work in the morning and drive back in the afternoon and listen to the radio while doing so and it'd be great publicity and always a great idea to release a single  peace

i honestly don't care when it's released as long as its released within the next few months.. august would be a great time in my opinion.. late august maybe.. release a single and a video and have all the kiddies go back to school hummin the new guns tune.. doubtful, but i can dream can't i? haha  Smiley

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2006, 01:30:38 AM »

Well, folks, I think the ship has sailed on a new single in August. We're nearing the end of the first week of August with no announcement on anything. Cross your fingers for September.

benchiefjr
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 02:06:35 AM »

For Christ's sake...we don't need a "single" long before the album.  Trivium just announced they're releasing a single October 2nd.  When's the album come out you ask?  October 10th.  This isn't necessary, all we need is an announcement with a date, tour, and a single DATE.  rant
wes
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2006, 03:26:19 AM »

For Christ's sake...we don't need a "single" long before the album.? Trivium just announced they're releasing a single October 2nd.? When's the album come out you ask?? October 10th.? This isn't necessary, all we need is an announcement with a date, tour, and a single DATE.? rant
we sure do  rant
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2006, 03:29:32 AM »

For Christ's sake...we don't need a "single" long before the album.? Trivium just announced they're releasing a single October 2nd.? When's the album come out you ask?? October 10th.? This isn't necessary, all we need is an announcement with a date, tour, and a single DATE.? rant

Singles often premiere on the radio a couple of weeks before the actual single is released on shelves (Dani California by RHCP).  We'll probably have the single in Mid-September if it were to come out the 2nd of Oct.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2006, 11:25:28 AM »

i'm not too worried about a single, i just want the whole cd!? i don't think they will release a single, not in the next month or anything like that.? some one said make a video.....does mtv even play videos anymore?? do they even rock anymore?? last i looked at mtv they were playing a bunch of hip-hop and teeny-bob crap.

MTV kills Rock N' Roll.
they afraid and hate Rock N' Roll.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2006, 11:36:25 AM »

i'm not too worried about a single, i just want the whole cd!? i don't think they will release a single, not in the next month or anything like that.? some one said make a video.....does mtv even play videos anymore?? do they even rock anymore?? last i looked at mtv they were playing a bunch of hip-hop and teeny-bob crap.

MTV kills Rock N' Roll.
they afraid and hate Rock N' Roll.

who cares?

you don't go to MTV for music videos anymore anyway... you go to online video websites like AOL, Google, YouTube or MSN...

MTV is in the past, its a new age of on-demand music video watching anyway
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2006, 11:54:58 AM »

1. I.R.S.
3. I.R.S. (99' Sessions)

This is an honest-to-god serious question: "Is there such thing as a b-side anymore?"

Of course b-sides originated with the 45 - then single cassettes - then those single CDs (which U2 abused hihi), but with the introduction of iTUNES and the .99 cent song, isn't the b-side history?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »

With the U.S. tour scheduled to kick off sometime in September, one can only assume the possibility of an August single release?? thoughts?

No chance
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006, 03:19:22 PM »

With the U.S. tour scheduled to kick off sometime in September, one can only assume the possibility of an August single release?  thoughts?

No chance

august announcement?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2006, 03:21:52 PM »

With the U.S. tour scheduled to kick off sometime in September, one can only assume the possibility of an August single release?  thoughts?

No chance

bloody hell

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2006, 03:22:26 PM »

With the U.S. tour scheduled to kick off sometime in September, one can only assume the possibility of an August single release?? thoughts?

No chance

Yeah, why would Gn'R wanna go ahead and do something wacky like have a single/album announcement before the tour kick off Roll Eyes

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2006, 03:23:50 PM »

No chance

august announcement?
Or at least an update on the website...?

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »

No chance

Yeah, why would Gn'R wanna go ahead and do something wacky like have a single/album announcement before the tour kick off Roll Eyes

The question mentioned release, your response mentioned announcement

It would have been a cutting and clever response had you read the question fully  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: