Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:17:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Single In August???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Single In August???  (Read 13486 times)
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 05:12:48 AM »

I am just speculating, but I think IMO , a single would probably be released a week before the INland INvasion gig, Sept 23rd. Thats JMHO. That show is on a Sat, ( and if all goes the way I see it Ill e flying to cali on the 21st:) ), but I could see the single being released the Monday before. And CD being released a few weeks later. And teh start of the US tour I week after CD drops. For some reason I dont think the inland show is gonna be a rtue start to the tour, but rather, finally giving the west coast the last show of what has been done in ERope, as they havent played out there in many yrs, so it would be fitting to let them get this show. THen revamp and rehearsh for a month, the new setlist and stage show, as I assume that will be differnt also for after CD release!

Thats just my 2 cents.beer

That makes a lot of sense. It'll be right before their inland invasion gig, to get some momentm going, and have everyone all pumped/  beer

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 06:56:12 AM »

newsflash!!!

in august people are on vacations!!!
nobody gives a fuck about the latest single.
well nobody except loosers.

I for one wasn't aware that August was recognized as the only month that anyone goes on vacation. I also wasn't aware that people aren't allowed to listen to or care about music on their vacations. Where can I find these rules/facts?

at www.peoplewholistentomusicinaugustarelosers.com ?....d-uh.

newsflash, wahahhaha...hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 08:22:34 AM »

a single would be realy cool, but what could they put as b - sides??

knockin on heavens door cover??

there aint alot they could put on that we havnt heard already, cus you know what axl is like when he doesnt like people hearing stuff before the time ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 11:06:43 AM »

Why do people always post their assumptions like they are rumors? If you want to discuss the likelihood of a single being released in August, how about titling the topic, "Do you think we could get a new single in August?"

I'm really not interested in reading about people's assumptions, so everytime someone does this, they are wasting my time.

what makes you think i am concerned with how you spend your time and whether or not you feel you are utilizing it properly?  i titled the topic with a question, because i am asking the forum members their thoughts on a possible single release by month's end.  you are wasting your time REGARDLESS, beacuse you are sitting on an internet message board.  im not concerned about what you are interested in and your time is of no more significance than anyone else's, so if you are so concerned with the utilization of your time, perhaps you should stop reading my posts, get your ass off the computer, and go out and make yourself a better citizen.  thank you for your "time".

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 11:14:31 AM »

The upcoming single, whenever it appears, will undoubtedly (hopefully?) be accompanied by a press release covering tour itinerary and album release date.  August...September, whichever.  I've been patient so far, what's another month?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 11:35:13 AM »

newsflash!!!

I for one wasn't aware that August was recognized as the only month that anyone goes on vacation. I also wasn't aware that people aren't allowed to listen to or care about music on their vacations. Where can I find these rules/facts?

at www.peoplewholistentomusicinaugustarelosers.com ?....d-uh.

newsflash, wahahhaha...hihi

Oooooooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaah! What a f'n' idiot I am! I completely forgot about that site! Thanks for the reminder.

Wink

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »

Why bother actually releasing a single?

Just make and release a video, and then drop the album.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
ROSE22
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2006, 11:50:39 AM »

newsflash!!!

not to mention kids go back to school in august so one would think august would be as good a month as any but what do i know.........
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 12:04:53 PM »

but what do i know.........

I don't know, tell us!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 01:42:50 PM »

because more people listen to the radio than watch mtv.  furthermore, mtv's audience mostly consist of teenagers, most of which, have no interest in guns n roses.  finally, do they even PLAY music videos on mtv anymore? 

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 01:54:59 PM »

I'm predicting an Xmas single about December time, a Gn'R cover of White Christmas with a snippet of news about CD coming soon  hihi
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 01:56:52 PM »

Why do people always post their assumptions like they are rumors? If you want to discuss the likelihood of a single being released in August, how about titling the topic, "Do you think we could get a new single in August?"

I completely agree.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »

because more people listen to the radio than watch mtv.  furthermore, mtv's audience mostly consist of teenagers, most of which, have no interest in guns n roses.  finally, do they even PLAY music videos on mtv anymore? 

Why should Guns have to conform to what every other band does?

Doing something different actually has an appeal, and it never did Led Zeppelin any harm.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 02:40:35 PM »

I think in August they'll all relax, Axl/Merck will choose the best tracklisting, a new tour will be scheduled and by Sep.14th we'll get a press release or a website update.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 02:43:59 PM »

I'm really not interested in reading about people's assumptions, so everytime someone does this, they are wasting my time.

Cry me a river. There is a news section of this site. I'd stay off the mesage board if you want to avoid wasting your time, and apparently, ours.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 03:14:50 PM »

I think it's a joke that no single, or album update, was given on this tour. When they try and tour North America with no album or single it's going to be a disaster. I laugh every time I look at my Chinese Democracy shirt from 2002, that it's now 2006, and we're still waiting. 
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 03:21:34 PM »

I think it's a joke that no single, or album update, was given on this tour. When they try and tour North America with no album or single it's going to be a disaster. I laugh every time I look at my Chinese Democracy shirt from 2002, that it's now 2006, and we're still waiting.?

700,000 people who paid to see GNR this summer would dis-agree with you view ok
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »

I went to see them at the Hammerstein, so i'm one of the suckers myself. I was lucky that I at least got to hear TWAT, Better, IRS, CD, Madagascar, and The Blues.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 03:52:38 PM »

yeah, that hammerstein show has the best set list, i guess. the one with TWAT.

But on the Oslo show 28th june.. they played: Better, Maddy, IRS, The Blues, and Chinese Democracy... that is just crazy!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 04:28:11 PM »

I dont think GNR will release a single in August, but Sept or Oct seems more realistic.. ok
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: